PDA

View Full Version : Epic curls with Pixy Sticks, do you dare?

Ligeia Noire
April 18th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Torrin, if you are reading this, I had to share this one here!

This lady has very thick mtl hair and look at this, what a trooper, I surely would love for my hair to look like this, but I am not even going to get my hopes up, curl rods are already two hours, it looks fabulous, who is going to try?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLXIbX9b-yE&t=234s

AmaryllisRed
April 18th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Um... you first? :)
I saw her pic on IG and of course the end result looks amazing (as Torrin always does!) but I did not watch the video (yet).
I have seen Kayley Melissa do straw curls and even hers took forever (her hair was maybe like APL?).

Ligeia Noire
April 18th, 2019, 09:09 PM
She did not sleep, that tells you something, I just thought this was so epic, as in, the work it took and how perfect the curls turned out, that it needed to be shared... I would surely love for someone with shorter lengths to give it a shot and share the results...

illicitlizard
April 19th, 2019, 01:51 AM
God yes the results are gorgeous! So spirally!!! I did straw curls on my SL hair a few years back and my hair ended up sky high it was awesome. Took a fair while though even with my minimal amount of hair, can't imagine the patience required to do this on actually long hair. Considering trying it again myself though because of this vid, if I can find anywhere that still sells plastic straws that is...

LadyCelestina
April 19th, 2019, 02:49 AM
How long is her hair again? MTL ? Not sure what that acronym stands for?

Just trying to calculate the amount of shrinkage she got!

lapushka
April 19th, 2019, 05:01 AM
I saw the video yesterday. Due to physical limitations, this is a definite no for me personally, but I just love the way it came out! Look at those long Shirley Temple ringlets when she first took them out! GORGEOUS! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
April 19th, 2019, 05:10 AM
I loved the ringlets! MTL is Mid Thigh Length.

spitfire511
April 19th, 2019, 05:55 AM
Amazing - as always! Though I'm not sure I have her commitment to that! I can't even sleep in a braid for good braid waves without waking up with headaches!

Ligeia Noire
April 19th, 2019, 06:17 AM
The shrinkage was epic!

lapushka
April 19th, 2019, 06:55 AM
Yeah, the shrinkage was real; up to waist length, I thought, no? And to think she had only used water to "set" the style.

Ligeia Noire
April 19th, 2019, 07:21 AM
Water is enough for me too with rag curls or rods. They stay so well that i need to wash to get them out.
Anyway, anyone trying this please be so kind to share.

SwanFeathers
April 19th, 2019, 08:02 AM
How long is her hair again? MTL ? Not sure what that acronym stands for?

Just trying to calculate the amount of shrinkage she got!

MTL = Mid-Thigh-Length.

I've done these curls before, but I only have WL so its not quite the same.

Simsy
April 20th, 2019, 05:29 AM
This is actually my natural curl pattern albeit a little tighter and only the bottom third of my length these days. It looks gorgeous on Torrin, but she definitely went the right way to just wash them out. Brushing would have given her no end of pain. The shrinkage is real, I go from palm length to classic or higher on wash day if I do nothing to it.

KameRose
April 20th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Oh my, that looks like so much fun. I'll have to keep that in my back pocket for future use. I imagine I'm not going to want to spend hours fiddling with my hair unless I have some fancy to do to attend. Had to go look up rag curls, they sound a lot simpler and faster to try out.

Kat
April 21st, 2019, 01:15 PM
OMG. You lost me at "84," lol.

I wanna know who got to eat all those pixie sticks...

My hair would frizz so badly if I tried this...