PDA

View Full Version : A questionof help for short hair.

daisyofdark0
April 18th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Hello.(you probably guys remember me). As you see from my avatar pic, i cut my hair short. I stopped growing my hair long because of the damned shrinkage. I need a little help, on the other side of my hair, it always tends to flip out. Like, curling outwards/upwards. Its distressing and i dont like it. Yeah, my hair is very layered and the most layers are done by myself. I refuse using heat tools to fix this, my hair has been enough damaged in the past because of heat tools. Do you have any tip how can i prevent this? Oh, i also still use hair mousse for my hair. I really dont know if its good for short hair but, i can tell i hesitate into scrunching much. If you can recommend me a good product for my short hair how to style it properly, just tell me. I'm kind of inexperienced about short hair, hehe.

1689r
April 18th, 2019, 12:38 PM
I’d be curious to see what people think, but I’m going through that at the moment, and I’ve yet to find anything that really works. Straightening has worked some, but not enough to warrant the damage in my opinion. And, as you’ve said, you’re not using heat tools. For me personally, if it’s really bothering me, I’ll just put it in a ponytail or try to take it with Bobby pins. It’s worked for my hair, and I only occasionally have to deal with one or two people consistently joking about putting a ribbon in my hair for wearing it in a ponytail ����*♂️

Hope some of that helps.

daisyofdark0
April 18th, 2019, 12:59 PM
I’d be curious to see what people think, but I’m going through that at the moment, and I’ve yet to find anything that really works. Straightening has worked some, but not enough to warrant the damage in my opinion. And, as you’ve said, you’re not using heat tools. For me personally, if it’s really bothering me, I’ll just put it in a ponytail or try to take it with Bobby pins. It’s worked for my hair, and I only occasionally have to deal with one or two people consistently joking about putting a ribbon in my hair for wearing it in a ponytail ����*♂️

Hope some of that helps.

Cool. The only option i have is to wet the parts that flip out and pin them with bobby pins and wait till it dries. It slightly works. It returns to flip out :/ I guess many long-haired people here cannot give much advice to short-haired ones because its a different adventure, i guess. But hey, even long-haired people can get flipped-out ends, especially if its layered. Good thing i keep moisturizing my hair with conditioner, because its important. No matter my current length, even humidity affect it, AND it gets frizzy. The nicest thing is also that my hair looks thicker now its short enough.

milosmomma
April 18th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Is your hair long enough for double french/Dutch braids? Braid waves might behave better and not be so flippy.

daisyofdark0
April 18th, 2019, 01:10 PM
Is your hair long enough for double french/Dutch braids? Braid waves might behave better and not be so flippy.

Hmmm not enough. I barely can do braids. I dont think anyone would say i can do perfectly braids by judging my avatar photo. My hair's pretty short for braids :/

milosmomma
April 18th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Hmmm not enough. I barely can do braids. I dont think anyone would say i can do perfectly braids by judging my avatar photo. My hair's pretty short for braids :/
I figured it would be too short to make a full braid and wear out and about. I was thinking just braid as much as you can and secure it for a few hours or overnight and then take it down and wear the waves. Even half up braids might give you enough wave to take away the flip. My hair is notorious for flippage at chin-shoulder lengths :)

daisyofdark0
April 18th, 2019, 01:23 PM
I figured it would be too short to make a full braid and wear out and about. I was thinking just braid as much as you can and secure it for a few hours or overnight and then take it down and wear the waves. Even half up braids might give you enough wave to take away the flip. My hair is notorious for flippage at chin-shoulder lengths :)

To tell the truth when i first tried to braid my hair correctly, as i tied my hair ends while in braids, my hair ends continued to flip out(lol) so yeah, braids is not a good option for my own hair i guess.

milosmomma
April 18th, 2019, 01:27 PM
To tell the truth when i first tried to braid my hair correctly, as i tied my hair ends while in braids, my hair ends continued to flip out(lol) so yeah, braids is not a good option for my own hair i guess.
:lol: Well I think your method of wetting and pinning may be your best bet then. I just let my hair flip until it formed into waves with more length, so that's my best idea :)

Obsidian
April 18th, 2019, 04:05 PM
My hair does the same thing around that length, its the curls doing their thing. You either have to force it into submission with products/heat or learn to live with the messy look. I prefer to scrunch some curl balm through it and let it do what it wants.
Other options are headbands or some kind of cute clips, keep it pinned back until its long enough for a proper pony or updo. I've found with curly/wavy hair I have to either keep it really, really short or at least around shoulder so I can put it up.

lapushka
April 18th, 2019, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the forum. No advice here, but I'd just leave it alone. Flippy ends can be really pretty. :flower: Maybe you just still need to get used to the short cut?

Groovy Granny
April 18th, 2019, 05:15 PM
I had the same flippy ends at that length (one side flipped up the other down lol); why waste energy fighting it :shrug:

Scrunch a little gel or serum into your ends to encourage your wurls.
Then add accent braids when it is long enough (rope braids/twists if not), barrettes, cute bobby pins, headbands etc to bling it up :cheer:

Try to enjoy every stage; it helps the journey go smoother and faster ;)

daisyofdark0
April 19th, 2019, 01:33 AM
Thank you everyone for your answers, i'll try my best and maybe get encouraged with the only and one flip, hehe. Good thing i feel myself better with short hair, i mean, way easier to style and so many things. :D
Fun fact: I feel like i belong to 20s with my hair so short now haha :D:eek:

lapushka
April 19th, 2019, 05:08 AM
Thank you everyone for your answers, i'll try my best and maybe get encouraged with the only and one flip, hehe. Good thing i feel myself better with short hair, i mean, way easier to style and so many things. :D
Fun fact: I feel like i belong to 20s with my hair so short now haha :D:eek:

That is how I felt at that age. ;) I'm 46 now, and I've tried all sorts of things with my hair, so I felt comfortable finally growing it back out. IMO it's good to get it out of your system sooner rather than later. :D

And it looks cute on you! :flower:

daisyofdark0
April 19th, 2019, 06:26 AM
That is how I felt at that age. ;) I'm 46 now, and I've tried all sorts of things with my hair, so I felt comfortable finally growing it back out. IMO it's good to get it out of your system sooner rather than later. :D

And it looks cute on you! :flower:

Oh, i actually meant like i felt in 1920s with my current hair :laugh: Im 17 and half now.
Thank you!

lapushka
April 19th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Oh, i actually meant like i felt in 1920s with my current hair :laugh: Im 17 and half now.
Thank you!

Ooops. Sorry. I for sure thought that you meant it the other way. LOL! Mistakes are fast made.

Hahaha! :D :lol:

You're welcome.

MusicalSpoons
April 20th, 2019, 06:07 AM
Hello, are you also Margarita? You said we probably remember you but your account is new this month. What you've mentioned about your routine/caring for your hair sounds very much like her. I'm asking because a) I'm slightly confused and b) we're only allowed one account on LHC ever :flower:

daisyofdark0
April 20th, 2019, 06:09 AM
Hello, are you also Margarita? You said we probably remember you but your account is new this month. What you've mentioned about your routine/caring for your hair sounds very much like her. I'm asking because a) I'm slightly confused and b) we're only allowed one account on LHC ever :flower:

Yes, yes thats me! I just created a new account as a fresh start now i have short hair! :D

daisyofdark0
April 20th, 2019, 06:10 AM
I abandoned my other account so, this is my new and only!

lapushka
April 20th, 2019, 11:31 AM
I think you best have a talk with one of the mods. MusicalSpoons is right, you are only allowed one account per person per lifetime, and can't change it to something else willy nilly. Maybe they can help you out. You don't want to get banned, so talk to one of the mods soon!

daisyofdark0
April 20th, 2019, 11:43 AM
I think you best have a talk with one of the mods. MusicalSpoons is right, you are only allowed one account per person per lifetime, and can't change it to something else willy nilly. Maybe they can help you out. You don't want to get banned, so talk to one of the mods soon!

Sure, but now there is a problem :/ Since i have a new account i cannot enter or add other member's profile, i dont know why. So, if MusicalSpoons see this, please contact me!

daisyofdark0
April 20th, 2019, 11:44 AM
sorry, i mean add like adding friends. etc

lapushka
April 20th, 2019, 01:40 PM
I think it's best to contact a moderator! Sooner rather than later. Have you read the details about the fact that you are only allowed 1 account, not 2? :flower:

MusicalSpoons
April 20th, 2019, 06:18 PM
Looks like it's sorted :thumbsup: (Sorry, didn't mean to completely derail the thread! :oops:)