PDA

View Full Version : TBL by Yule/Christmas 2020

Pages : [1] 2

Ylva
April 17th, 2019, 08:43 PM
I am still hoping that I will be able to reach classic by that time (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148279) as well, but if I can just reach solid TBL with a thick hemline, I'll be very much content with that, too. We'll see! Who wants to grow together with me?

Tinyponies
April 17th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Hey Ylva,

Today I worked out that I might actually reach hip by solstice 2019, (mind blown) so might actually reach this goal or get significantly close to it. So I’d love to join.

Ylva
April 17th, 2019, 09:03 PM
Oh that's awesome Tinyponies! Welcome to the thread! :) Are you doing no-trimming?

soldierssong
April 18th, 2019, 08:11 AM
I'm down! Though by Christmas next year, I should hopefully have reached classic, but like Tinyponies, I'm aiming for the blunt hem.

Tinyponies
April 18th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Nice to travel with you :)

Re trimming, I’m in the first half of this year challenge, and planning to assess at solstice. My hair has mechanical damage (plus sun and hot showers) and all that is prone to splitting but I’ve done some s&d on the worst affected areas.

Most I’ll be (self) trimming in any case will be half an inch, 2 times a year. It may end up less if things don’t get too tangly. I don’t want to cause more damage by holding onto what I ought to trim off.

What are your plans?

soldierssong
April 18th, 2019, 08:52 AM
I'm going to micro/trim in September, and then maybe again June 2020. Otherwise, just keep it out of the way, benign neglect it, and stay the course.
What's your weekly hair-care routine?

Ylva
April 18th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the thread, soldierssong! Do join the classic by Yule/Christmas 2020 thread as well (link is in the first post) if you haven't yet!

It sounds like you both have a good plan for the future. I'll be microtrimming every 6 weeks, taking off max. 0.5 cm unless my ends thin out drastically at some point, which I find quite unlikely as I've gotten rid of the worst damage by this point.

My haircare routine is WCC + LCO (currently taking a break from ROO seeing how it goes) anywhere from every 2 days to once a week, but usually every 2 or 3 days. Once my hair is in better condition and I've used up my leave-ins, I'm hoping to return to my usual healthy hair routine of just shampoo and conditioner and maybe some pre-poo oiling.

Corvana
April 18th, 2019, 07:54 PM
I'll join! I'm predicting I'll hit TBL by July of 2020, but that's with no trims at all and I'll likely trim at the end of this year.

My routine is WCCC every week or two, and I always squish to condish with an ACV rinse. The third condition is the one I S2C, as I rinse the second with the ACV. The first is to make it easier to get the second condition through my hair, as it's tangled instantly when wet. That's more like half a condition if anything! I put some conditioner on (I use Suave Essentials, which is very very cheap and I've got four bottles of it) and work it through as best as I can before rinsing it. The rinsing helps with slip so that I can actually get conditioner properly through!

Then I'll LOC if I feel up to it, but I don't about half the time.

Tinyponies
April 18th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Hey soldiersong and Corvana, my hair sensei :blossom:

Corvana, WCCC is a new concept to me. Is that 3 goes with the suave, or are you counting your acv rinse as one? Do you dilute the vinegar?

I’m nw right now *partly* because I’ve never yet had a wash routine that even came close to doing it for me. I’ll carry on until the day I’m not enjoying it any more but try to keep learning.

I really like to understand why things work and this is obviously working for you (and with similar hair type too) :idea:

Corvana
April 19th, 2019, 12:50 AM
Hey soldiersong and Corvana, my hair sensei :blossom:

Corvana, WCCC is a new concept to me. Is that 3 goes with the suave, or are you counting your acv rinse as one? Do you dilute the vinegar?

I’m nw right now *partly* because I’ve never yet had a wash routine that even came close to doing it for me. I’ll carry on until the day I’m not enjoying it any more but try to keep learning.

I really like to understand why things work and this is obviously working for you (and with similar hair type too) :idea:

So I'll wash (I use a scalp brush now, which really helps me get the lather going in my hard water, 10/10 do recommend), and then I'll use a little bit of conditioner (like about a quarter to half dollar size, seriously) for my first C and run that through whatever I can and rinse it out. Then is my first "real" condition, that I then bun while I wash the rest of me, which I rinse with ACV. I do dilute it, about a tablespoon to a couple quarts of water I think? And then I put more conditioner in that I'll s2c out.

Tinyponies
April 19th, 2019, 01:26 AM
Cool thanks for elaborating. Sounds great and also surprisingly economical.

Ylva
April 19th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the thread, Corvana! Good to have you with us.

Corvana
April 20th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Cool thanks for elaborating. Sounds great and also surprisingly economical.

I still use a lot of conditioner, but that's more due to general length/thickness than anything else. My last bottle of this conditioner lasted me about a year, Dec 2017-Jan 2019, and I'm about 1/3rd through the second one now. Less shampoo, though, now that I've got the brush.

And for water use, it's a bit less than it used to be, too! Now that ACV is a 100% regular use, I fill my pitcher with water and turn the shower right off. I think my showers are maybe 15 minutes long? With about 12 of that being with the water on.

Welcome to the thread, Corvana! Good to have you with us.

:o I'm in good company!

Ylva
May 9th, 2019, 03:48 PM
The braid waves are pretty strong in this one, so this is not a length shot. I am just pleased to see that my ends appear to have remained quite thick after my trim just over 7 weeks ago, so I should be able to reach TBL again well before the end of 2020. Hopefully this time round I can hang on and not do any big chops anymore, and just microtrim/maintain for a while after hitting TBL.

https://i.ibb.co/W6t3Xm2/hiukset0905199.jpg

TreesOfEternity
May 9th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone! I’ll be sticking over here :) I hope I can reach TBL by the end of 2020, being past WL at the moment and being quite a short girl. I’ll trim 1cm every six months and hopefully that will be enough, we will see.

Ylva ive been following your progress and your hemline looks AMAZING!!! You made a good choice, and the color transition will look so beautiful and give a lot of dimension to your hair I’m sure :o

Ylva
May 9th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Hi everyone! I’ll be sticking over here :) I hope I can reach TBL by the end of 2020, being past WL at the moment and being quite a short girl. I’ll trim 1cm every six months and hopefully that will be enough, we will see.

Ylva ive been following your progress and your hemline looks AMAZING!!! You made a good choice, and the color transition will look so beautiful and give a lot of dimension to your hair I’m sure :o

Thank you so much, TreesOfEternity, and welcome to the thread! :) I really can't wait to get more root, though, and blend it in. It looks so crazy at the moment. Your plan sounds very good - trimming only 1 cm every six months, this goal should be very much doable for you!

TreesOfEternity
May 9th, 2019, 10:38 PM
It will blend so well :)

I keep my hair in a bun most of the time due to my job and schedule, that and relatively short hair has allowed me to barely trim but who knows maybe soon I’ll have to make some changes :) hopefully those little trims will be enough.

Tinyponies
June 2nd, 2019, 09:33 AM
Hey folks, I made it to waist a little ahead of schedule, so right on track for this one. How are you all doing?

https://i.imgur.com/telVDDC.jpg

Ylva
June 2nd, 2019, 01:46 PM
Congratulations here as well, Tinyponies! Your hair is looking really pretty.

I actually haven't taken a length pic in a good while, so I will probably take photos before and after my coming trim (just 1 cm or so). I'm between hip and BCL, but that's pretty much all I know.

TreesOfEternity
June 2nd, 2019, 03:40 PM
I haven’t measured TB in me either, I may do it this week after washing my hair. Now I’m having one of my yearly sheds plus I’m doing a little trim by the end of June to make my ends blunt again so this upcoming months are going to be slow for me.

I hope my hair handles this summer well and no big trims are needed afterwards, that way I think I’ll be able to make it

Tinyponies
June 3rd, 2019, 08:09 AM
Thanks again, Ylva. I’m so pleased with how much my hair has already improved since joining here last October.

I have around a foot to grow, according to dh’s guess. Whoa that’s a lot :confused:

ETA: looking in the mirror, it’s maybe 8 inches... 16 ish months... Oct/Nov 2020 with no trims.

And Ylva I’m following your progress, your hair has been beautiful in it’s bleached state, you seem to be very well educated in terms of taking good gentle care of it. So with your own natural hair you’ll be flying :heart:

Ylva
June 3rd, 2019, 02:32 PM
I think you have a good chance at reaching this milestone by the end of 2020, I wouldn't worry at all.

Thank you so much for your kind words! :heartbeat Who knows, perhaps I'll be totally lost with my natural hair, trying to treat it like bleached hair. :D

pisinoe
June 29th, 2019, 02:22 PM
I’m almost at BSL now so I’m not sure if it’s possible to reach TBL in 18 months... But I want to challenge myself! My average hair growth is 3cm a month, my hair is currently 43-47cm (depending on how straight it is) and TBL sits at roughly ~85-90cm for me. It would be nice to make it next year!!

Ylva
June 30th, 2019, 06:58 AM
I’m almost at BSL now so I’m not sure if it’s possible to reach TBL in 18 months... But I want to challenge myself! My average hair growth is 3cm a month, my hair is currently 43-47cm (depending on how straight it is) and TBL sits at roughly ~85-90cm for me. It would be nice to make it next year!!

It's worth a shot! Welcome to the thread! :)

Corvana
June 30th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Creepin ever downwards over here! Practically hip when wavy (will be next month for sure), and I've got like 7 inches (give or take) to go until TBL stretched.

Milady_DeWinter
July 12th, 2019, 09:55 AM
I *think* I would be able to be at Classic by Christmas 2020, so I might join this thread! I'm still not sure if I'll be maintaining for months or even a year after hitting TBL (I'll be tbl by october-november), but just in case... I'm joining! :)

Dark40
July 12th, 2019, 10:10 AM
I think I'll be at classic length by Christmas of 2020 also. I would like to join as well! :)

Ylva
July 12th, 2019, 02:59 PM
I *think* I would be able to be at Classic by Christmas 2020, so I might join this thread! I'm still not sure if I'll be maintaining for months or even a year after hitting TBL (I'll be tbl by october-november), but just in case... I'm joining! :)

I'm in the same boat - unsure about how frequently I will be trimming after TBL and whether I can reach classic by the end of 2020. Welcome, Milady! :) Glad to have you with us!

I think I'll be at classic length by Christmas of 2020 also. I would like to join as well! :)

Welcome, Dark40! :)

Dark40
July 12th, 2019, 05:12 PM
I'm in the same boat - unsure about how frequently I will be trimming after TBL and whether I can reach classic by the end of 2020. Welcome, Milady! :) Glad to have you with us!

Welcome, Dark40! :)

Thank you, Yiva! :)

MadelineMomo
July 22nd, 2019, 12:22 PM
I'm in!

I last trimmed my hair Christmas 2018. I was mbl then I think? Possibly bsl? I'm 6-month in to no-trimming now, with no particular plans to change that. My split ends are kinda all over, so trimming the ends doesn't make sense as a way to combat that. When I next trim it, it will probably have something to do with the hemline.

I definitely think hitting tbl by Christmas 2020 is doable for me. "Thick hemline" you say? Not so sure about that one. We'll see. My basic plan was to start trimming and working on my hemline once I got to a length I liked, but with goal length creep... you know. The goal was hl, now it's tbl, and I'm starting to eye classic.

Tinyponies
August 1st, 2019, 02:54 PM
Peeking at the classic by Christmas ‘19 thread and thought to check in here. How’s everyone doing?

I’m on schedule, I think. Edging my way through the last ~2 inches to hip. Then it’s another ~6 inches until tailbone - so I ought to be spot on. It’s going to be fun seeing how it works out.

I’m heavy shedding at the moment, but I’ve a lot of very big stuff going on (both health and life-wise) plus I haven’t payed enough attention to my hair in the past to know if this is a seasonal thing for me. So trying not to be too concerned. My regrowth is a halo of tapered hairs now, with last years babies all flying at around jaw - chin length. May they grow long & strong!

TreesOfEternity
August 1st, 2019, 03:02 PM
Everything going on well over here as well! :) I had a big shed and a stall a month ago but I try not to think too much about it as it’s nothing worrying.

Tinyponies
August 1st, 2019, 03:22 PM
Hey, Trees! Glad to hear it. I’m definitely getting used to the idea that hair does not grow like clockwork, in a lot of cases. But it averages out over the whole year (I trust).

I find it quite exciting to think that I’ll be at or very near tbl by Christmas 2020. I have a major Chest wall surgery I have to do in Autumn 2020 so just gotta focus on my health and stress levels as well as I can, then ride through that, then Christmas!

Ylva
August 1st, 2019, 03:48 PM
I'm very unsure of my current length status. Since getting rid of my fairytale ends in March, I haven't been able to accurately measure my length due to my ends being too "floaty", so I will take a length shot on the 12th after my hairdresser has blowdried my hair straight and flat.

Glad to hear that you guys are doing well and are on schedule! :)

TreesOfEternity
August 4th, 2019, 03:11 AM
Hey, Trees! Glad to hear it. I’m definitely getting used to the idea that hair does not grow like clockwork, in a lot of cases. But it averages out over the whole year (I trust).

I find it quite exciting to think that I’ll be at or very near tbl by Christmas 2020. I have a major Chest wall surgery I have to do in Autumn 2020 so just gotta focus on my health and stress levels as well as I can, then ride through that, then Christmas!

Exactly, better to meassure yearly or every X months for our own sanity haha, plus Im sure I dont meassure 100% precisely everytime.
Well having a hair goal can be good to focus on other stuff until surgery comes :flower: a great milestone as an after-surgery gift!

I'm very unsure of my current length status. Since getting rid of my fairytale ends in March, I haven't been able to accurately measure my length due to my ends being too "floaty", so I will take a length shot on the 12th after my hairdresser has blowdried my hair straight and flat.

Glad to hear that you guys are doing well and are on schedule! :)

Thanks Ylva! It’s great to hear from you, i havent been that active lately as ive got a Lot going on but i stick to my goals/challenges anyway hehe. When do you have your appointment? :) are you going to do any color treatment again?

Ylva
August 4th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Thanks Ylva! It’s great to hear from you, i havent been that active lately as ive got a Lot going on but i stick to my goals/challenges anyway hehe. When do you have your appointment? :) are you going to do any color treatment again?

Likewise, Trees, I hope you're doing alright despite being busy with life. :) My appointment is on the 12th. I am getting my roots blended in so that growing out virgin will be smooth sailing. :)

TreesOfEternity
August 4th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Likewise, Trees, I hope you're doing alright despite being busy with life. :) My appointment is on the 12th. I am getting my roots blended in so that growing out virgin will be smooth sailing. :)

Oooh it will look so nice! Plus it’s a treatment you already master taking care of :)

S&S
September 9th, 2019, 08:33 PM
Hi Ylva & everyone else,

I'm in!

TBL is about 33-34" on me. I should be able to reach that by Christmas 2020. Hoping for TBL with a thick hemline as well :crush:

Ylva
September 10th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the thread, S&S! Nice to have you grow with us! :)

I've never taken any measurements so I have no idea how long anything is on me, and to be fair I've been too busy to think about my hair much this past month in particular, but I think I am still on schedule and should reach TBL sometime in the spring of 2020. I am hoping for BCL by the end of this year; if I succeed it'll be a close one.

This is my most recent length shot from the 12th of August.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38060&d=1565657780

Zesty
September 10th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Ylva your hair is looking awesome! :crush: Just had to de-lurk and say so...

Tinyponies
September 10th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Welcome S&S :D

So beautiful, Ylva. Your hair is looking very long!

Ylva
September 10th, 2019, 11:34 AM
Thank you so much Zesty and Tinyponies! My hair does not feel long to me at all right now, though. I can't wait to be back at TBL.

S&S
September 11th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Thanks!

Lovely hair Ylva , looks like you'll get there in no time! :toast:

Ylva
September 12th, 2019, 04:28 AM
Thank you kindly, S&S! :)

Milady_DeWinter
September 15th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Your hair looks lovely, Ylva! You'll be TBL in no time!

I'll be hitting TBL in 1 month aprox, but my still doesn't feel long lol, despite it's the longest my hair have ever been! Hope to be able to take a pic to share here :D

I'm super busy studing for incoming super importants exams (to achieve a work for the government), being the first one in october, if I pass the next will be in december and if I pass it the third one will be by february-march... And the lecture of the third, that would be by june next year. I'm also working a full time job now, which i like but it's super exhauting emotionally. So that's why I'm participating so little lately, but I miss the forum so much! I'm still around reading whenever I can.

Ylva
September 15th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Your hair looks lovely, Ylva! You'll be TBL in no time!

I'll be hitting TBL in 1 month aprox, but my still doesn't feel long lol, despite it's the longest my hair have ever been! Hope to be able to take a pic to share here :D

I'm super busy studing for incoming super importants exams (to achieve a work for the government), being the first one in october, if I pass the next will be in december and if I pass it the third one will be by february-march... And the lecture of the third, that would be by june next year. I'm also working a full time job now, which i like but it's super exhauting emotionally. So that's why I'm participating so little lately, but I miss the forum so much! I'm still around reading whenever I can.

Thank you so much, Milady!

Awesome, well ahead of schedule then. :) Can't wait to see your magnificent mane again!

I hope you also get some time to wind down and relax. Good luck with your exams and work!

Ylva
September 29th, 2019, 04:05 PM
Thought to update this thread as well with my current progress.

https://i.ibb.co/9WGYpFD/hiukset290919.jpg

That's my natural texture so there is probably at least a little bit of shrinkage - enough to make it look like there was no growth since the previous length shot, but on that one, my hair was blowdried straight.

I'm currently shedding like crazy so I hope dearly that my ends don't thin out too much, I really don't want to trim more than like 1 cm at the end of the year. Blah.

Tinyponies
September 30th, 2019, 02:19 AM
Great clear length shot Ylva. Your hair looks beautiful :) I really ought to up my game on the photos. Feel for you on the stress shed and hope it eases off soon.

Ylva
September 30th, 2019, 01:22 PM
Great clear length shot Ylva. Your hair looks beautiful :) I really ought to up my game on the photos. Feel for you on the stress shed and hope it eases off soon.

Thank you so much, Ponies. :) Your hair is absolutely beautiful so it's always a joy to see photos of it, but no stress, you seem to be busy with other stuff. :)

Tinyponies
October 1st, 2019, 02:28 AM
Thanks Ylva, here’s a photo of this mornings slightly damp braidwaves. I rarely plait my hair but was inspired here, again... Got a whole week+ at my mum’s, though I want to be home working, my hairs gonna thank me for it.

https://imgur.com/a/LWaqJF8

(First uploaded to LHC album but picture quality was wrecked and I haven’t yet figured out how to make an imgur link into BB - soz!)

Dark40
October 1st, 2019, 08:05 PM
Ponies, I love your braidwaves! They came out really gorgeous! I also love the length of your hair as well. I would say that you're at TBL already! :)

Milady_DeWinter
October 1st, 2019, 09:13 PM
Thank you so much, Milady!

Awesome, well ahead of schedule then. :) Can't wait to see your magnificent mane again!

I hope you also get some time to wind down and relax. Good luck with your exams and work!

Thank you Ylva :) me too! I love how your hair looks BTW, the ends look pretty good :) My hair is now 99% of the time up (when I unmade my bun at work to bun better -because it was annoying me out- it caused a short of shock in the office lol) but I am missing my loose hair days. Hope to take a pic sometime soon, I totally missed the season pix this time! I am at less than 1/2" of being full TBL too, so yay for that!

Lovely pic Tinyponies :)

Ylva
October 2nd, 2019, 05:40 AM
Really pretty, Ponies!

Milady, thank you kindly! :) My hair is also never loose when I leave the house, but that's how it's been for as long as I can remember now. I mostly just throw it in a bun when I go to uni. I would much rather wear a braid but it's too much of a bother to do and some hairs always get loose and bother me around and on my face. You should probably be in the TBL by late 2019 thread instead of this one, haha!

Tinyponies
October 2nd, 2019, 06:05 AM
Thanks Dark, I know it looks that way but I’m honestly a long way from tbl - closing in on hip now, I’m very tall - might just make it for Christmas 2020.

Thanks Milady and Ylva :)

Edit: adding link to pic of distance left to tbl :)

https://imgur.com/a/aOsxOuW

Milady_DeWinter
October 2nd, 2019, 07:40 AM
Really pretty, Ponies!

Milady, thank you kindly! :) My hair is also never loose when I leave the house, but that's how it's been for as long as I can remember now. I mostly just throw it in a bun when I go to uni. I would much rather wear a braid but it's too much of a bother to do and some hairs always get loose and bother me around and on my face. You should probably be in the TBL by late 2019 thread instead of this one, haha!

Lol you are right xD silly me. I read half of the title xD anyway I'm glad to visit here!

Dark40
October 2nd, 2019, 09:07 PM
Thanks Dark, I know it looks that way but I’m honestly a long way from tbl - closing in on hip now, I’m very tall - might just make it for Christmas 2020.

You're welcome. Oh, ok I see. Yes, I tihnk you make it there for Christmas 2020 too.

Ylva
October 3rd, 2019, 08:14 AM

How long is that in cm or in?

Lol you are right xD silly me. I read half of the title xD anyway I'm glad to visit here!

:laugh:

See you later in some other thread!

LittleHealthy
October 3rd, 2019, 07:57 PM
The braid waves are pretty strong in this one, so this is not a length shot. I am just pleased to see that my ends appear to have remained quite thick after my trim just over 7 weeks ago, so I should be able to reach TBL again well before the end of 2020. Hopefully this time round I can hang on and not do any big chops anymore, and just microtrim/maintain for a while after hitting TBL.

https://i.ibb.co/W6t3Xm2/hiukset0905199.jpg

That shine!!

So I have been cruising this thread, revisiting my own length shots and I think I will be able to reach TBL by Xmas 2020, but only if I'm REALLY GOOD with my haircare! So I think I'll join. I'm juuust at waist now. I trimmed last month, an inch off. I'm back to 29.5" and I think tailbone is roughly 35 or 36 inches on me. Technically doable. My major goal for ages was tailbone by Jan 2021. So why not December 2020!
Nice to join you all xx

Tinyponies
October 4th, 2019, 06:28 AM
Yay welcome LittleHealthy! We must be around the same in length and ways to go, as well as tallness. Im really looking forward to this milestone which is my original ideal length.

I’ve just had a measure and it’s around 6 1/2 inches to grow. :)

LittleHealthy
October 4th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Yay welcome LittleHealthy! We must be around the same in length and ways to go, as well as tallness. Im really looking forward to this milestone which is my original ideal length.

Yes! I do believe we are of a similar height and hair length! I haven't measured properly, but yeah from memory 35-36" was tbl for me. I'll check today! Seems unbelievable that I could finally reach such a length, I never thought I could get back to waist, let alone surpass it.
Good luck to us! :heartbeat

pisinoe
October 4th, 2019, 02:49 PM
I have 35-40cm still to go before I reach TBL (dry). My hair grows an average of ~3cm per month so ideally I should make it by 2020... I do need to get a decent haircut to perfect my hemline at some point though, which might set me back, but I’ll try to be strong...

Ylva
October 4th, 2019, 04:55 PM
That shine!!

So I have been cruising this thread, revisiting my own length shots and I think I will be able to reach TBL by Xmas 2020, but only if I'm REALLY GOOD with my haircare! So I think I'll join. I'm juuust at waist now. I trimmed last month, an inch off. I'm back to 29.5" and I think tailbone is roughly 35 or 36 inches on me. Technically doable. My major goal for ages was tailbone by Jan 2021. So why not December 2020!
Nice to join you all xx

Thank you! :) Shine is my hair's expertise, I guess. It could even pull it off after getting bleached multiple times!

Welcome to the gang, LittleHealthy! So neat to have you here with us!

In that case this goal sounds very realistic indeed! :)

I have 35-40cm still to go before I reach TBL (dry). My hair grows an average of ~3cm per month so ideally I should make it by 2020... I do need to get a decent haircut to perfect my hemline at some point though, which might set me back, but I’ll try to be strong...

3 cm a month is quite the growth rate! Awesome. It's okay to just hang out here and see how far you get, as well. Welcome to the thread!

LittleHealthy
October 9th, 2019, 07:15 PM
So I just measured and solid tailbone length is actually 38 inches for me. I'm currently at 29+ inches. I don't think I'll quite make it, unless I pull off some amazing growth, this summer! Looks like I'll come in when it's March 2021, and that's without having any trims. Darn! Oh well, that's just part of being tall I suppose.

Ylva
October 10th, 2019, 06:51 AM
So I just measured and solid tailbone length is actually 38 inches for me. I'm currently at 29+ inches. I don't think I'll quite make it, unless I pull off some amazing growth, this summer! Looks like I'll come in when it's March 2021, and that's without having any trims. Darn! Oh well, that's just part of being tall I suppose.

Stick around, anyway, and see how it goes. Maybe you will indeed get a growth spurt! :)

Ylva
October 14th, 2019, 06:15 AM
My current length, on my way back to BCL (hands indicate BCL and hip).

https://i.ibb.co/7GPR4SB/waytobcl.jpg

I will certainly be TBL next year if nothing else, as long as there are no more big setbacks. :)

amiraaah
November 21st, 2019, 07:49 PM
I measured my hair and it’s about 30.5 inches now. Tailbone is 36 inches on me so it seems doable! :cheer:

Sparkles122
November 21st, 2019, 08:20 PM
Can someone explain where TBL is? Is it halfway between BCL and classic?

BethiBerries
November 21st, 2019, 08:38 PM
it may be a bit late to be joining but my hair grows pretty fast. on average around 1 inch to an inch and a half in a month. I probably won't make it to tailbone length but I could just arch to waist length

shelomit
November 21st, 2019, 10:14 PM
Can someone explain where TBL is? Is it halfway between BCL and classic?

"TBL" = "tailbone-length." Took me a while to figure that particular abbreviation out, too ; p

Tinyponies
November 22nd, 2019, 01:42 AM
Hey Ylva, your most recent shot is lovely. Your hair is looking healthy and soft.

Good luck to everyone else here.

Sparkles I suppose it varies like so many body markers. For me I think it is a nice marker between bcl and classic. Also it’s kind of an area as there’s a few little bones that make up tailbone. So I guess go with what works for you?

My hair was feeling nice last evening after I combed it, so I had SO take a quick picture. The ends always seem in shadow which is annoying and you can see my 1c/2a “straightish clumps” forming back within seconds :lol: but look at this years shiny growth on my head :cloud9:

I thought I might make hip for winter solstice but that’s not looking likely now, maybe February.

https://imgur.com/a/sfdVJmn

LittleHealthy
November 22nd, 2019, 04:17 AM
My current length, on my way back to BCL (hands indicate BCL and hip).

https://i.ibb.co/7GPR4SB/waytobcl.jpg

I will certainly be TBL next year if nothing else, as long as there are no more big setbacks. :)

Looking great, Ylva!!!
I calculated my growth for the past 12 months and it must sometimes grow a tiny bit more than half an inch, because in total I've grown about 6.5-7inches. I'll know for sure when I do my Dec18-Dec19 comparisons though. I'll be lightly close to TBL, providing I don't trim (I aim not to trim this year, even if my hair feels like it needs one!).

Ylva
November 22nd, 2019, 07:31 AM
I measured my hair and it’s about 30.5 inches now. Tailbone is 36 inches on me so it seems doable! :cheer:

Nice! :cheer: Well doable, and you can even afford to trim if you so desire!

it may be a bit late to be joining but my hair grows pretty fast. on average around 1 inch to an inch and a half in a month. I probably won't make it to tailbone length but I could just arch to waist length

It's never too late to join. Welcome! :)

Hey Ylva, your most recent shot is lovely. Your hair is looking healthy and soft.

Good luck to everyone else here.

Sparkles I suppose it varies like so many body markers. For me I think it is a nice marker between bcl and classic. Also it’s kind of an area as there’s a few little bones that make up tailbone. So I guess go with what works for you?

My hair was feeling nice last evening after I combed it, so I had SO take a quick picture. The ends always seem in shadow which is annoying and you can see my 1c/2a “straightish clumps” forming back within seconds :lol: but look at this years shiny growth on my head :cloud9:

I thought I might make hip for winter solstice but that’s not looking likely now, maybe February.

https://imgur.com/a/sfdVJmn

Thank you so much. Your hair is just getting super pretty! :crush:

Looking great, Ylva!!!
I calculated my growth for the past 12 months and it must sometimes grow a tiny bit more than half an inch, because in total I've grown about 6.5-7inches. I'll know for sure when I do my Dec18-Dec19 comparisons though. I'll be lightly close to TBL, providing I don't trim (I aim not to trim this year, even if my hair feels like it needs one!).

Thank you so much!

Oh nice! So either way, you'll end up very close to tailbone by the end of 2020. I am also (foolishly) thinking I might not trim my ends at the end of this year, either, but rather just do a very thorough S&D... But I know it's not the right thing to do. I must not get blinded by length gains, especially not now that I am very efficiently shedding away my ends.

. . .

This is the most recent photo of my hair. It's wet/damp so maybe it looks fuller when dry and I probably shouldn't be judging my ends in this state, but they do look thinner by the month.

ETA: Forgot to insert the picture :rollin:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39117&d=1574260685

Ylva
November 22nd, 2019, 07:34 AM
Speaking of where TBL is, people's definitions vary but I consider tailbone length to be where the bone pokes out. It's around mid-butt length. I call the milestone when my ends are solidly there.

Tinyponies
November 22nd, 2019, 07:56 AM
Thanks Ylva :blossom:

We ought to get to tbl about the same time, Littlehealthy :heart:

Eta Littlehealthy, I’m having deja vu of saying that exact thing before! Oh poor tired brain...

BethiBerries
November 22nd, 2019, 03:52 PM
so I said I probably won't reach TBL by Christmas/Yule of next year but my brain forgot to add that 2020 is next year. upon this new knowledge I could very well make it to tailbone length by taking care of my hair.

Ylva
November 24th, 2019, 04:19 AM
so I said I probably won't reach TBL by Christmas/Yule of next year but my brain forgot to add that 2020 is next year. upon this new knowledge I could very well make it to tailbone length by taking care of my hair.

:laugh: I know how that is. I've lost count of how many times I've been calling lengths in the wrong thread, mixing up the years and not knowing what season we're (or at least I am) currently in. Good to have you on board! :)

amiraaah
November 24th, 2019, 12:59 PM
I am really disappointed with my hair length in pictures. Based on my calculation i’m just 5.5 inches away from tailbone but my hair looks like waist length :(

https://i.postimg.cc/25PDThr0/F5-EEAF90-5192-48-B0-A3-CA-66-ADBC4-FE056.jpg (https://postimg.cc/VSBpkSSt)

Ylva
November 24th, 2019, 01:04 PM
amiraaah, that's totally normal with curls and with hair as thick as yours. :) We all know it's longer than it looks. :D

amiraaah
November 24th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Thank you ylva! I know it’s because of the curls my milestones take so much longer. I can’t say that my hair is hip length because it looks waist length. Oh god! I can’t imagine how long it will take for my curls to reach my original goal of classic length :laugh:

Ylva
November 24th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Thank you ylva! I know it’s because of the curls my milestones take so much longer. I can’t say that my hair is hip length because it looks waist length. Oh god! I can’t imagine how long it will take for my curls to reach my original goal of classic length :laugh:

Are you calling your milestones stretched or curly? I think it's perfectly valid to call them stretched, and many do as well. Curls are just hidden length, after all, but you do have that length. :)

amiraaah
November 24th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Are you calling your milestones stretched or curly? I think it's perfectly valid to call them stretched, and many do as well. Curls are just hidden length, after all, but you do have that length. :)

I also think that it’s valid to call them stretched. But from time to time i look at the mirror or take a picture and think my hair is still not long enough. The problem is that i personally don’t consider waist+ length to be long .it’s an attainable length for me and my hair has been at waist for most of my life. So i don’t see the progress in the length which always leads me to chop it off to APL when it reaches waist or waist+. This time i really want to have the patience :pray:

Ylva
November 24th, 2019, 01:46 PM
I also think that it’s valid to call them stretched. But from time to time i look at the mirror or take a picture and think my hair is still not long enough. The problem is that i personally don’t consider waist+ length to be long .it’s an attainable length for me and my hair has been at waist for most of my life. So i don’t see the progress in the length which always leads me to chop it off to APL when it reaches waist or waist+. This time i really want to have the patience :pray:

I totally get you. My hair has also been between hip and BCL for an eternity, waaay before I joined the LHC or even got into haircare, so it feels frustrating to be at this length (because of bad decisions and unfortunate events) even now that I know a lot more than I did then and do things much better than I did then.

Keep focused on your goal of classic length and KNOW that your hair is growing all the time even if it doesn't look like it, and I believe you will make it through any urges to trim. :)

Siv
November 25th, 2019, 03:33 AM
I'm predicted to hit TBL in July, so unless I need to do an emergency chop or whatever, TBL by Dec 2020 should be achievable for me!

Sabrina Fair
November 25th, 2019, 11:03 AM
The lovely Ylva just directed me to this thread - can I join? I'm about to cut back to hip from an inch or two above BCL, and then microtrim while growing out the worst of my sad tattered ends to TBL. I would be so happy to have TBL and a reasonable hemline by next Christmas...

amiraaah
November 25th, 2019, 11:09 AM
I totally get you. My hair has also been between hip and BCL for an eternity, waaay before I joined the LHC or even got into haircare, so it feels frustrating to be at this length (because of bad decisions and unfortunate events) even now that I know a lot more than I did then and do things much better than I did then.

Keep focused on your goal of classic length and KNOW that your hair is growing all the time even if it doesn't look like it, and I believe you will make it through any urges to trim. :)

I think focusing on improving my hair’s overall health will make me forget about the length. So i’m going to buy new products and continue microtrimming my hair often :)

Dark40
November 25th, 2019, 08:07 PM

Yes, I know the feeling. My hair has been at waist since spring of this year too! And, to me it seems like it's not growing anymore either. But I've come to realize that it is still growing even though I don't see it. So, hopefully after 10 years of being here at LHC it will grow a lot longer since I've learned a lot on how to take better care of my hair.

Ylva
November 25th, 2019, 11:56 PM
I'm predicted to hit TBL in July, so unless I need to do an emergency chop or whatever, TBL by Dec 2020 should be achievable for me!

Wohoo, welcome! :cheer:

The lovely Ylva just directed me to this thread - can I join? I'm about to cut back to hip from an inch or two above BCL, and then microtrim while growing out the worst of my sad tattered ends to TBL. I would be so happy to have TBL and a reasonable hemline by next Christmas...

Welcome, glad to have you with us! :) We seem to be around the same length. I'm nearing BCL (once again), growing back from a much-needed chop to hip in the spring, and I'm darn high-hipped.

I think focusing on improving my hair’s overall health will make me forget about the length. So i’m going to buy new products and continue microtrimming my hair often :)

That sounds like a great plan. :) Maybe try to learn some new hairstyles as well? If you learn a nice style that requires your current length (or longer), you'll HAVE to keep the length!

Yes, I know the feeling. My hair has been at waist since spring of this year too! And, to me it seems like it's not growing anymore either. But I've come to realize that it is still growing even though I don't see it. So, hopefully after 10 years of being here at LHC it will grow a lot longer since I've learned a lot on how to take better care of my hair.

Good luck, Dark! :)

amiraaah
November 29th, 2019, 10:12 AM
You are right ylva about the hairstyles but because my hair is curly it’s hard for me to do anything with it other than keeping it loose. That’s why i never braid it or put it up in a bun. I leave it unbrushed for many days and detangle right before washing.

Also good luck, dark! I always tell myself the same thing that my hair is growing steadily 0.5 inches per month even though i don’t see it. :)

Ylva
November 30th, 2019, 01:14 PM
You are right ylva about the hairstyles but because my hair is curly it’s hard for me to do anything with it other than keeping it loose. That’s why i never braid it or put it up in a bun. I leave it unbrushed for many days and detangle right before washing.

Also good luck, dark! I always tell myself the same thing that my hair is growing steadily 0.5 inches per month even though i don’t see it. :)

Hmmmm, I understand. Maybe some other curlies over here can give tips on styles that work for your texture?

---
My hair today. My shedding seems to have slowed down now (knock on wood) and my ends look decent enough, so as long as there are no more great disasters, I should reach TBL just fine. :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39230&d=1575144415

amiraaah
November 30th, 2019, 06:16 PM
Hmmmm, I understand. Maybe some other curlies over here can give tips on styles that work for your texture?

---
My hair today. My shedding seems to have slowed down now (knock on wood) and my ends look decent enough, so as long as there are no more great disasters, I should reach TBL just fine. :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39230&d=1575144415

I will try Hairstyles for curly hair and see how it goes! And i will say it Again, your hair is stunning in this picture! You said that your hair is shedding so much lately but i actually think that it is looking thicker and fuller :)

Ylva
January 1st, 2020, 10:50 AM
I'm spamming all of my growth-related threads with my starting photo for this year to keep them up-to-date.

BCL is close.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39579&d=1577900185

I will try Hairstyles for curly hair and see how it goes! And i will say it Again, your hair is stunning in this picture! You said that your hair is shedding so much lately but i actually think that it is looking thicker and fuller :)

Sorry, I didn't notice your post earlier! Thank you so much, amiraaah! :heart: I think it was just laying nicely in that photo and looked thicker than usual.

Siv
January 3rd, 2020, 04:43 AM
Did a measure, looks like I'll be hitting TBL in May :cheer: the plan is to grow to TBL, cut back to BCL, and go on like that until I feel my ends are less scraggly. Looks like BCL - TBL takes me about 3 months so perhaps I'll be able to match it to the season challenge!

shaluwm_agape
January 3rd, 2020, 08:03 PM
I will be joining this thread hoping to be a TBL by the end of this year no I'm not trying to rush it cuz I honestly Love WL right now

Ylva
January 6th, 2020, 05:47 PM
Did a measure, looks like I'll be hitting TBL in May :cheer: the plan is to grow to TBL, cut back to BCL, and go on like that until I feel my ends are less scraggly. Looks like BCL - TBL takes me about 3 months so perhaps I'll be able to match it to the season challenge!

Sounds good! I might be hitting TBL around the same time.

I will be joining this thread hoping to be a TBL by the end of this year no I'm not trying to rush it cuz I honestly Love WL right now

Welcome! Good to have you with us! :)

shaluwm_agape
January 6th, 2020, 09:23 PM
Im happy to even attempt this, this yr!

Tinyponies
January 7th, 2020, 01:42 AM
Im happy to even attempt this, this yr!

:cheer: :cheer: :blossom: :heartbeat: :inlove:

shaluwm_agape
January 7th, 2020, 03:21 AM
Thanks TinyPonies!

Dark40
January 13th, 2020, 08:19 PM
Wohoo, welcome! :cheer:

Welcome, glad to have you with us! :) We seem to be around the same length. I'm nearing BCL (once again), growing back from a much-needed chop to hip in the spring, and I'm darn high-hipped.

That sounds like a great plan. :) Maybe try to learn some new hairstyles as well? If you learn a nice style that requires your current length (or longer), you'll HAVE to keep the length!

Good luck, Dark! :)

Thank you, Yiva! :)

Dark40
January 13th, 2020, 08:22 PM

Thank you, amiraaah! Yes, I know whatcha mean. :) Well, now I do see it! Especially, between my 2 hair textures I have. Right now, I have 3 inches of curly/wavy hair growing out! :D And, I'm planning on getting it relaxed pretty soon! So, I know that it will do some stretching.

Ylva
February 1st, 2020, 05:44 AM
Updated length shot for February! I should be at BCL next month.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40033&d=1580556803

CopperButterfly
February 1st, 2020, 06:53 AM
I love the wavy texture you've got going there. Just beautiful! How much further beyond BCL is TBL for you? For me it's not much of a difference, maybe an inch.

Ylva
February 1st, 2020, 07:11 AM
I love the wavy texture you've got going there. Just beautiful! How much further beyond BCL is TBL for you? For me it's not much of a difference, maybe an inch.

Thank you so much, CopperButterfly! For me, the difference is also about an inch, so about 2 months.

Juicetine
February 18th, 2020, 12:06 PM
Hello ladies!

Curly, my hair is currently at waist and it is about an inch away from hips when stretched. I haven’t measured since November, when I was 29 inches. Tail bone is 35 inches so it’ll be a close call! I am hoping for no haircuts this year and just started the S&D method.

Tinyponies
February 18th, 2020, 12:09 PM
Hello ladies!

Curly, my hair is currently at waist and it is about an inch away from hips when stretched. I haven’t measured since November, when I was 29 inches. Tail bone is 35 inches so it’ll be a close call! I am hoping for no haircuts this year and just started the S&D method.

Welcome Juicetine, I’ll be cutting it fine (lol) too. I wonder will we make it? :)

CopperButterfly
February 18th, 2020, 04:13 PM
Hello ladies!

Welcome! It'll be a close call for me as well, but I think that's kind of the fun of these threads. We can't really control how fast our happy grows, so it's just kind of fun to think where you might get with average growth rate and see what happens.

Ylva
February 21st, 2020, 03:36 PM
Hello ladies!

Welcome! That sounds totally doable! :)

Welcome! It'll be a close call for me as well, but I think that's kind of the fun of these threads. We can't really control how fast our happy grows, so it's just kind of fun to think where you might get with average growth rate and see what happens.

Yeah, for sure; it's totally not necessary to be certain that you'll reach the length in question by the time indicated. It's just fun to grow together with other people who are approximately the same length and see where you end up. It's about enjoying the journey.

squirrrel
February 22nd, 2020, 03:23 AM
Hey... your hair looks great Ylva.

I think I might be able to join you all. I’m within an inch of BCL now (I find getting my head at the right angle very challenging when I try to measure it, so that’s as close as I can come), and tbl is something like 2-3 inches from there.

Groovy Granny
February 25th, 2020, 04:47 PM
I'm in..... and should hit it no problem :thumbsup:

This will be the 3rd time I hit it, but now that my silver is light and wispy I am not having the discomfort I did when it was a heavier texture.

TBL will be a quick stop on my journey to Classic by Christmas 2021 to celebrate my 70th birthday in January 2022. :eyebrows:

Happy growing everyone :cheer:

Tinyponies
February 26th, 2020, 01:20 AM
Welcome squirrrel, that sounds comfortably doable. Enjoy!

Cool stuff Groovy Granny. You sound like you’re having fun flitting between milestones while still always having really long hair :)

Milady_DeWinter
February 26th, 2020, 01:23 AM
Aw GG, those are great news! I think your hair must be awesome at longer lenghts, I hope you can achieve it! That is, if you are comfy with it too :)

Ylva
February 26th, 2020, 07:39 AM
Hey... your hair looks great Ylva.

I think I might be able to join you all. I’m within an inch of BCL now (I find getting my head at the right angle very challenging when I try to measure it, so that’s as close as I can come), and tbl is something like 2-3 inches from there.

Thank you so much and welcome to the thread! Your goal sounds very realistic.

I'm in..... and should hit it no problem :thumbsup:

This will be the 3rd time I hit it, but now that my silver is light and wispy I am not having the discomfort I did when it was a heavier texture.

TBL will be a quick stop on my journey to Classic by Christmas 2021 to celebrate my 70th birthday in January 2022. :eyebrows:

Happy growing everyone :cheer:

Welcome, GG! Fun to have you with us and happy growing! :)

It'll also be at least the second time that I'm hitting TBL. I don't know if my hair got to that length before I became "aware" of it.

Groovy Granny
February 26th, 2020, 09:52 AM
Welcome, GG! Fun to have you with us and happy growing! :)

It'll also be at least the second time that I'm hitting TBL. I don't know if my hair got to that length before I became "aware" of it.

:) Thank you!

This is my third time I think in the past few years; I wore it at TBL for a while and then always cut it back.

But not this time...I am going for it...... and BEYOND (hopefully) :agree:

Ylva
February 28th, 2020, 12:40 PM
I'm looking forward to following your growth journey, GG! :)

Updating the thread with my March length shot.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40438&d=1582899561

Groovy Granny
February 28th, 2020, 12:46 PM
I'm looking forward to following your growth journey, GG! :)

Updating the thread with my March length shot.

So pretty :)

Thank you....and I, yours; I am not far behind you and we have the same goal :cheer:

Tinyponies
February 28th, 2020, 06:44 PM
So lovely Ylva, and look at your waves! :inlove:

squirrrel
February 29th, 2020, 01:33 AM
Thank you for the welcomes. Just need to see how quickly my hair decides to grow now...

Good hearing from younGG. Looking forward to hearing about your continuing journey.

Nice shot Ylva

Groovy Granny
February 29th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Thank you for the welcomes. Just need to see how quickly my hair decides to grow now...

Good hearing from younGG. Looking forward to hearing about your continuing journey.

Nice shot Ylva
Thank you; good to see you too :)
Happy growing :cheer:

Cool stuff Groovy Granny. You sound like you’re having fun flitting between milestones while still always having really long hair :)

Aw GG, those are great news! I think your hair must be awesome at longer lenghts, I hope you can achieve it! That is, if you are comfy with it too :)

Thank you both :grouphug:

Ylva
February 29th, 2020, 11:00 AM
After pondering on it and checking my hair once more in the shower, I decided that it qualifies for BCL, so I'm calling it now, in honour of 29th of February.

So pretty :)

Thank you....and I, yours; I am not far behind you and we have the same goal :cheer:

Thank you again. :)

Very true! You'll catch up to me in no time!

So lovely Ylva, and look at your waves! :inlove:

Thank you so much :heart:

Nice shot Ylva

Do you tend to experience growth spurts at specific times of the year or anything like that?

Thank you!

Tinyponies
February 29th, 2020, 12:40 PM
Congrats on bcl beautiful Ylva, cool milestone! :cheer:

I keep thinking of getting a new photo at the wrong times, I missed the sunshine, or my hair is too oily (been oiling a lot lately just because my hair seems to be loving it so much now that I’ve got my wash routine figured out (for the time being!). The extra oil is helping my ends to not grab each other when I brush my hair to collect the sheds.

So I’m going to try and focus everything into one opportune moment for my equinox photo at the end of March and then spam it everywhere haha.

Hope everyone is doing okay, here we have a lot of changeable weather, warm, cold, wet, windy, all in the space of hours, and we are back to doing some very dusty work on our house renovation, but my hair is holding up well so far, fingers crossed, thanks to the oil and having it bunned and thoroughly covered 100% of the working day.

squirrrel
February 29th, 2020, 12:46 PM
After pondering on it and checking my hair once more in the shower, I decided that it qualifies for BCL, so I'm calling it now, in honour of 29th of February.

Thank you again. :)

Very true! You'll catch up to me in no time!

Thank you so much :heart:

Do you tend to experience growth spurts at specific times of the year or anything like that?

Thank you!

I don’t think I have watched carefully enough to know for sure (measuring etc) p, but my sense is that it is more likely to grow faster in summer. Conversely, I tend to give it a trim mid-winter.

Ylva
February 29th, 2020, 02:54 PM
Congrats on bcl beautiful Ylva, cool milestone! :cheer:

I keep thinking of getting a new photo at the wrong times, I missed the sunshine, or my hair is too oily (been oiling a lot lately just because my hair seems to be loving it so much now that I’ve got my wash routine figured out (for the time being!). The extra oil is helping my ends to not grab each other when I brush my hair to collect the sheds.

So I’m going to try and focus everything into one opportune moment for my equinox photo at the end of March and then spam it everywhere haha.

Hope everyone is doing okay, here we have a lot of changeable weather, warm, cold, wet, windy, all in the space of hours, and we are back to doing some very dusty work on our house renovation, but my hair is holding up well so far, fingers crossed, thanks to the oil and having it bunned and thoroughly covered 100% of the working day.

Thank you kindly! :)

Speaking of which, what is your wash routine like?

I don’t think I have watched carefully enough to know for sure (measuring etc) p, but my sense is that it is more likely to grow faster in summer. Conversely, I tend to give it a trim mid-winter.

Yeah, growth spurts happen more often at warm times indeed. I haven't really observed any such phenomena with my own hair, either. It's pretty steady all year round.

pisinoe
February 29th, 2020, 02:57 PM
No longer sure I can still make it because I had a setback and will only get to waist next month or so, but the hope is the last to die... hehe...

Ylva
February 29th, 2020, 03:14 PM
No longer sure I can still make it because I had a setback and will only get to waist next month or so, but the hope is the last to die... hehe...

As far as I remember, your hair grows crazy fast, doesn't it? :)

pisinoe
February 29th, 2020, 03:26 PM
As far as I remember, your hair grows crazy fast, doesn't it? :)

It does! But I'll need to get a proper trim again mid-year, and that will probably set me back again. I'm currently at 70cm and TBL is 95cm on me (I measured it myself just now, I'll ask a friend properly next time). It *could* be doable if I take really good care of the ends and don't cut more than 3-5cm and maintain it really well (if my hair continues to grow steadily until then). It would be amazing to wait without a trim until then, but it's unlikely.

I'm doing leave in + silicone oil on the ends daily because I'm really trying to maintain them!

squirrrel
February 29th, 2020, 11:27 PM
Our weather systems aren’t that far removed either Ylva (though my area is parallel with Denmark). That might mean we have similar external factors as well. Not sure how far north you are, but I find that even here the changing light levels from summer to winter can be frustrating.

Bri-Chan
March 1st, 2020, 01:28 AM
I need to quite this thread. Unfortunately, my hair started growing really slow again, so it will be impossible to me to reach that lenght in olny 10 months, I probably will join the tbl by Christmas 2021 when there will be one

Tinyponies
March 1st, 2020, 01:32 AM
Speaking of which, what is your wash routine like?

At the moment, it’s every 10-14 days (ish) to wash with hair food papaya using water at the spring -
https://i.imgur.com/QEu0YZg.jpg
Then slow dry in a bun. It’s working for my scalp so far... I was concerned about putting conditioner on it but this one seems to have nothing in it that irritates. fingers crossed!

Just asked SO to take a pic of my sleep bun to see if it does look ok when up, uploads are working again today and sun is shining woo
https://i.imgur.com/WQR7IJX.jpg

squirrrel
March 1st, 2020, 02:01 AM
Tinyponies, your hair looks gorgeous like that. Looks like it’s loving your routine.

Ylva
March 1st, 2020, 04:49 AM
It does! But I'll need to get a proper trim again mid-year, and that will probably set me back again. I'm currently at 70cm and TBL is 95cm on me (I measured it myself just now, I'll ask a friend properly next time). It *could* be doable if I take really good care of the ends and don't cut more than 3-5cm and maintain it really well (if my hair continues to grow steadily until then). It would be amazing to wait without a trim until then, but it's unlikely.

I'm doing leave in + silicone oil on the ends daily because I'm really trying to maintain them!

It sounds to me like you still have a great shot at this! Do stay and hang out with us for sure! :)

Our weather systems aren’t that far removed either Ylva (though my area is parallel with Denmark). That might mean we have similar external factors as well. Not sure how far north you are, but I find that even here the changing light levels from summer to winter can be frustrating.

I hail from southwestern Finland and currently live at the southwestern coast, so I'm not that far north. But for sure, you don't need to be very far north to feel the effects of the different light levels. It's definitely the norm for me and I would find it peculiar if it wasn't so, but I can still notice increased energy levels as spring approaches... which is something I need since spring = allergy. :doh:

Do you vary your haircare routine seasonally? The only thing I think I do differently is I wash more frequently with gentler shampoos in the winter.

I need to quite this thread. Unfortunately, my hair started growing really slow again, so it will be impossible to me to reach that lenght in olny 10 months, I probably will join the tbl by Christmas 2021 when there will be one

That's too bad! You could make that thread yourself even if you feel like it. :)

At the moment, it’s every 10-14 days (ish) to wash with hair food papaya using water at the spring -

Then slow dry in a bun. It’s working for my scalp so far... I was concerned about putting conditioner on it but this one seems to have nothing in it that irritates. fingers crossed!

Just asked SO to take a pic of my sleep bun to see if it does look ok when up, uploads are working again today and sun is shining woo

Oooh, I'm so jealous that you get to wash your hair in a natural spring! I remember my skin was sooo happy with minimal care when I was washing it in fresh mountain water. I haven't gotten to try it on my hair yet because I could never bother dragging a shampoo and two conditioners up the mountain so I just didn't wash my hair there, but once I have less demanding hair, that's definitely something I'll be doing.

Like squirrrel said, your hair looks to be thriving on that routine.

squirrrel
March 1st, 2020, 05:38 AM
Hey... I don’t particularly vary my routine by season, but I seem to float from one care method to another as the interest takes me. I mostly stick to shampoo bars, with breaks to stick random food stuffs on my head instead. I sometimes switch egg for a bit, occasionally use gram flour (mostly I don’t use this unless I saturated it with oil and need to fix plastic barbie hair — my scalp itches with it), I like peppermint tea, but as I wash once a week, this isn’t enough in its own... poo bars mixed up with a tinny amount of Mango butter (I don’t like the scent of Shea Butter) worked through the ends as required works, although I’m trialling out a solid conditioner the plastic free shop I visited recently recommended. In the summer the office can be very dry, so if it’s not conditioning for cold, it is doing so for the dry heat.

I have some spring type allergies myself. I now have a chicken and egg thinking... do I have allergies because I am sensitive to different kinds of smells, or does the sensitivity to smell come from the allergies? Anything that tickles my nose reminds me of the allergy, even if I’m not allergic to the ingredients in the scent. Peppermint is good, but... most lingering smells annoy me...

Tinyponies
March 1st, 2020, 10:49 AM
Thanks Ylva and squirrrel :)
Yep the type of water does make such a difference, doesn’t it. It’s very nice here and I never considered that that might be another big reason why everything is working better nowadays. It’s all coming together thankfully.

Oh allergies, sensitivities..... I feel for you on that, squirrrel. I often think the more I avoid stuff that I’m sensitive to, the more sensitive I get! But rather this than the alternative.

Groovy Granny
March 1st, 2020, 10:52 AM
Very pretty Tinyponies ...and glad you called it Ylva :)

Tinyponies
March 1st, 2020, 11:14 AM
Thanks Groovy Granny :heart:

Siv
March 3rd, 2020, 09:49 AM
Picture update! End of February

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40484&d=1583253819

Goal length at BCL, 94 cm :) :)

I'll continue on to TBL however, and then cut back to BCL to manage the spilts

Groovy Granny
March 3rd, 2020, 10:58 AM
Congrats again ~ happy growing :cheer:

Tinyponies
March 3rd, 2020, 11:35 AM
Stunning, Siv! What a lovely head of hair.

squirrrel
March 3rd, 2020, 11:38 AM
Excellent progress Siv. Congratulations.

Siv
March 3rd, 2020, 01:19 PM
Thank you all very much! :flower:

erebus
March 4th, 2020, 02:07 AM
Picture update! End of February

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40484&d=1583253819

Goal length at BCL, 94 cm :) :)

I'll continue on to TBL however, and then cut back to BCL to manage the spilts

Wow, your hair is so dreamy!

Siv
March 4th, 2020, 08:42 AM
Thank you erebus!! :flower:

amiraaah
March 4th, 2020, 08:52 AM
Your hair is amazing siv!

Here’s my picture update. All i know is that my hair is now 81.5 but I can’t tell what my hair length is :laugh:

https://i.postimg.cc/bYBJNVff/9-CAC4-A12-6-C70-4-E3-A-AE41-FDCC387-C002-E.jpg (https://postimg.cc/6TCwM0QM)

Ylva
March 4th, 2020, 09:22 AM
It looks like you might be closing in on BCL, amiraaah. :)

Tinyponies
March 4th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Your hair looks amazing amiraaah, and so long now!

amiraaah
March 5th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Thank you ylva and Tinyponies! :flower: i don’t know why i never see that my hair is long. If it was someone else’s hair i may see it as long but not on me. Do you feel the same?

Siv
March 5th, 2020, 01:25 PM
Your spirals are amazing amiraaah!

And I think it feels less novel on yourself because you see it in the mirror every day :)

Tinyponies
March 5th, 2020, 02:05 PM
Thank you ylva and Tinyponies! :flower: i don’t know why i never see that my hair is long. If it was someone else’s hair i may see it as long but not on me. Do you feel the same?

Yes absolutely. Even though my hair hasn’t been this long before (minus my long dreads) it still doesn’t feel that long yet. But it doesn’t help that I’m very tall, and every milestone is soo far. I love your hair.

Ylva
March 6th, 2020, 07:46 AM
For sure! I'm completely delusional when it comes to the length of my hair. I look at people with BSL hair and wonder which one of us has longer hair.

Bri-Chan
March 6th, 2020, 09:19 AM
I keep feeling my hair as a mid back length, but I'm 2.5 inches far from hip length

amiraaah
March 7th, 2020, 06:19 PM
Thank god i’m not alone :) all of us feel the same way. I also think that this happens because we always see the front not the back of the hair. Anyways, when do you expect reaching TBL? I think i may call it in august, what about you all?

squirrrel
March 8th, 2020, 12:42 AM
Not too sure. I hope to be able to call BCL-ish by the end of the month. I then have around 3 inches to grow to where I am going to call TBL. Depends how fast I end up growing over the summer.

Tinyponies
March 8th, 2020, 01:43 AM
Hey, I’m thinking I might reach bcl in maybe 5 months, then tbl ish in another 5 months after that, so it’ll be close if I do get there. But I’ll likely be near it whatever happens.

Siv
March 8th, 2020, 04:38 AM
I stalled in January, but if I do see growth every month in the near future I'll reach TBL in May. Crossing my fingers!

Ylva
March 9th, 2020, 07:02 AM
Anyways, when do you expect reaching TBL? I think i may call it in august, what about you all?

I think I'll be at TBL in June, in time for my birthday on June 15th.

But at the end of June, I'll do a microtrim of maybe 0.5 cm so hopefully, I'll be at least that much past TBL so I don't need to delay calling it because of that.

Ylva
March 14th, 2020, 05:38 AM
Random length update since I happened to have the pic taken for the seasonal thread. :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40622&d=1584185547

Siv
March 22nd, 2020, 05:35 AM
Finally got my spring equinox picture sorted:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40696&d=1584876247

96 cm now! TBL is about 100 cm on me. Still seems like I'll be reaching it at the end of May considering I usually get 2 cm of growth a month.

(also, I'm cross posting to all length related threads I follow :))

Tinyponies
March 22nd, 2020, 12:58 PM

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40696&d=1584876247

96 cm now! TBL is about 100 cm on me. Still seems like I'll be reaching it at the end of May considering I usually get 2 cm of growth a month.

Not far to go! It looks really beautiful. I’ve just had a look at my numbers and 100cm must be about tbl on me too. I’m currently 35.5 inches, which is about 90cm. So 10cm / 4 inches to go. Seems about right!

Siv
March 22nd, 2020, 02:12 PM
Not far to go! It looks really beautiful. I’ve just had a look at my numbers and 100cm must be about tbl on me too. I’m currently 35.5 inches, which is about 90cm. So 10cm / 4 inches to go. Seems about right!

It's not far is it!

Dark40
March 22nd, 2020, 03:24 PM

Siv, you are getting close to TBL. I also think you'll be reaching it at the end of May even considering you usually gey 2 cm of growth a month.

Belgrade Beauty
March 23rd, 2020, 05:04 AM
Well, considering my recent growing rate,this might be a realistic scenario.,If it continues growing this fast,by the end of the year I'll get 27 cm..I think that's solid tbl...My TB is on 100cm and my current is 76cm.

Ylva
March 23rd, 2020, 08:31 AM
Well, considering my recent growing rate,this might be a realistic scenario.,If it continues growing this fast,by the end of the year I'll get 27 cm..I think that's solid tbl...My TB is on 100cm and my current is 76cm.

That sounds awesome! Your growth rate is to die for.

Belgrade Beauty
March 23rd, 2020, 09:31 AM
That sounds awesome! Your growth rate is to die for.

well, if we all survive this madness ,we'll have a tbl party on New Years :) I absolutely agree. It's crazy how fast it grows :D

Siv
March 23rd, 2020, 04:13 PM
After reading your exchange I seriously started wondering if the scalp can get growing pains if your hair grows too fast...

Time for bed, I think! :lol:

Belgrade Beauty
March 24th, 2020, 06:51 AM
After reading your exchange I seriously started wondering if the scalp can get growing pains if your hair grows too fast...

Time for bed, I think! :lol:

I does sometimes,hurt, for no good reason..Maybe it's that :D

Siv
March 24th, 2020, 01:21 PM
I does sometimes,hurt, for no good reason..Maybe it's that :D

Bahaha we figured it out!!

Juicetine
March 28th, 2020, 08:04 AM
Checking in! My hair is officially past hip length *happy dance*

Ylva
March 28th, 2020, 10:00 AM

Congrats! :cheer: How far are you from TBL now?

Since hitting BCL, I've been pretty relaxed about length gains. It also helps to have things to look forward to in the future. Now, a lot of those things are getting canceled, so I might not end up having that much to look forward to, but I like to think, "by the time event x comes around, my hair will be at z length". Does anybody else do that? I find that it puts the wait of hair growth in a more comprehensible form.

squirrrel
March 28th, 2020, 01:35 PM
Fab news Juicetine. And that’s a nice side benefit Ylva. I haven’t thought about it much. I guess I don’t have that degree of certainty how much my hair will grow.

Part of that is that I have a few racers, and I don’t call by them. Most of my hair is currently 93cm, with the racers nearer 95 or longer. On the 23rd FebI measured 90CM. Just over two weeks later, 92CM. By the next week it seemed to have put an additional CM on, and two weeks after that, not one CM of progress. I’m measuring way too much, I know, but it’s like, growth spurt and splat!!! :laugh:

Dark40
March 29th, 2020, 12:08 PM

Congrats on your new milestone! :cheer:

Ylva
March 30th, 2020, 02:25 AM
Fab news Juicetine. And that’s a nice side benefit Ylva. I haven’t thought about it much. I guess I don’t have that degree of certainty how much my hair will grow.

Part of that is that I have a few racers, and I don’t call by them. Most of my hair is currently 93cm, with the racers nearer 95 or longer. On the 23rd FebI measured 90CM. Just over two weeks later, 92CM. By the next week it seemed to have put an additional CM on, and two weeks after that, not one CM of progress. I’m measuring way too much, I know, but it’s like, growth spurt and splat!!! :laugh:

That sounds like so much fun! I suppose it still evens out over time, somewhat at least?

squirrrel
March 30th, 2020, 04:31 AM
That sounds like so much fun! I suppose it still evens out over time, somewhat at least?

I would guess. I also go spurt and splat when monitoring the growth rate, so I’m not sure quite how it evens out.

Siv
March 30th, 2020, 07:46 AM
"Spurt and Splat" :lol:

Tinyponies
April 17th, 2020, 01:24 PM
Hello!

Still hanging around here, patiently (honest) :)
I think I’m going to get to bcl by summer solstice end of June, fingers crossed, so *should* still be right on track to reach the goal.
Some days my hair feels long, some days so short!

Ylva
April 17th, 2020, 02:00 PM
Hello!

Still hanging around here, patiently (honest) :)
I think I’m going to get to bcl by summer solstice end of June, fingers crossed, so *should* still be right on track to reach the goal.
Some days my hair feels long, some days so short!

:waving:

How very exciting! Your hair is definitely long!

My hair has finally started feeling somewhat long again. Suddenly, my ends seem to be getting everywhere.

Tinyponies
April 17th, 2020, 02:34 PM
:waving:

How very exciting! Your hair is definitely long!

My hair has finally started feeling somewhat long again. Suddenly, my ends seem to be getting everywhere.

Yep it does feel exciting, bcl is going to feel like quite an achievement for this girl who could never get far past bsl. A veritable lhc success :grin:

It’s new to me, but I like that feeling of my ends getting around, haha. They’re only just creeping into that zone.

This last three (? Oh my, I lose track) washes, I’ve adjusted things to add a small amount of shampoo on my roots (so cwc), and washing weekly, because it’s been such lovely weather. I’m enjoying the fresh feeling of my hair this way. Woo it’s definitely spring, not winter any more!!

Ylva
April 18th, 2020, 01:55 PM
Yep it does feel exciting, bcl is going to feel like quite an achievement for this girl who could never get far past bsl. A veritable lhc success :grin:

It’s new to me, but I like that feeling of my ends getting around, haha. They’re only just creeping into that zone.

This last three (? Oh my, I lose track) washes, I’ve adjusted things to add a small amount of shampoo on my roots (so cwc), and washing weekly, because it’s been such lovely weather. I’m enjoying the fresh feeling of my hair this way. Woo it’s definitely spring, not winter any more!!

You are so tall that your BCL would probably be like classic on me, ha. :D So it's most definitely an achievement!!

I can relate to enjoying the fresh feeling - except that to me that means washing more frequently than every other evening. :lol: I always get really sweaty in the spring. Something about my body needing time to adjust to the warmer temperatures. I have to shower twice a day so it only makes sense to want fresh hair, too.

Tinyponies
April 19th, 2020, 01:15 AM
You are so tall that your BCL would probably be like classic on me, ha. :D So it's most definitely an achievement!!

I can relate to enjoying the fresh feeling - except that to me that means washing more frequently than every other evening. :lol: I always get really sweaty in the spring. Something about my body needing time to adjust to the warmer temperatures. I have to shower twice a day so it only makes sense to want fresh hair, too.

Maaan, it takes my hair two days at least to dry (a combo of bunning it damp and living mostly outside). I’d never get to wear any of my wooden hair stuff! And being tall always felt a curse, but I’m settling into self love and acceptance more and more with experience :)

Sounds like my body works a lot differently to yours - I don’t sweat easily - it’s a skill I need to work on, it’s good to let stuff out. And my skin is pretty good but prone to dryness, eczemas etc.
OT slightly but I’ve been sneaking sugar back into my diet lately after being off it for a long time, and the old disruptions have been returning so this week I’ve been getting off it again, and decent sleep has (fingers crossed) returned... next to start adding in stretching again. All good for hair/general health.

squirrrel
April 19th, 2020, 02:12 AM
Hey... hello again.

Well, I think I was out in my hope to reach BCL last month. I give up on predicting. It should come this year!? What was fun was when I realised that if I sit down and pull my hair to the front it can now rest in my lap. There isn’t much of it, but it’s there. I don’t sit with it out of a braid much unless it is drying, so that a nice surprise.

Tinyponies
April 19th, 2020, 03:30 AM
Hey... hello again.

Well, I think I was out in my hope to reach BCL last month. I give up on predicting. It should come this year!? What was fun was when I realised that if I sit down and pull my hair to the front it can now rest in my lap. There isn’t much of it, but it’s there. I don’t sit with it out of a braid much unless it is drying, so that a nice surprise.
Hey, nice milestone. My hair totally doesn’t reach my lap yet.
Remember the hair pools thread? That one is so sweet. It’ll be fun to participate.

Ylva
April 19th, 2020, 03:47 AM
Congrats on your mini-milestone, squirrrel! Such things deserve much more attention, in my opinion. There's so much more to hair getting longer than simply reaching a certain point against the backs of our bodies. A few washes ago, while applying conditioner to my hair sitting on the shower floor, I noticed my ends touching the floor when they normally wouldn't.

Sugar really is the devil, Tinyponies. Nothing good comes out of it! I've been off carbs entirely for... how many months now? Over 9, I think. I feel excellent without them, but I can also tell that my body's reaction to them is now even more adverse than it used to be. Not a big loss for me, I suppose, since I have no intention of going back to them, ever. But I have the occasional carby meal (such as sushi) every once in a while just so I don't become completely intolerant to them.

Tinyponies
April 19th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Ylva, I’d rather be intolerant and healthy :D
I don’t eat the same as you (far as I can tell) but the saying here holds true, if it works for you, do it. Naysayers be damned.

Ylva
April 30th, 2020, 02:03 PM
May length shot. It actually looks shorter than in the April shot. :D Oh well.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41179&d=1588276622

Tinyponies
April 30th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Whoa Ylva, the shine on your roots like silk :O :)

squirrrel
April 30th, 2020, 02:21 PM
Don’t you love that feature of waves!? It’s looking good though, and I love the natural light featuring again.

Tinyponies, I do indeed remember that thread. It’s one of the reasons I noted the fact, I think.

CopperButterfly
April 30th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Ylva, I think it looks wavier too, so that'd do it! Beautiful!

Ylva
April 30th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Thank you so much, guys! :heart:

Speaking of the light, even though that was a bit of an unsuccessful length shot, my natural colour is actually represented quite accurately there. That is usually not the case!

Dark40
April 30th, 2020, 09:15 PM
Ylva, I still think your hair looks very nice with those waves! That'll do it. I also love how shiny it is too. :)

Bri-Chan
May 1st, 2020, 02:41 AM
I agree, it looks wavier then usual! Beautiful shot.

Ylva
May 1st, 2020, 04:57 AM
Thank you so much, Dark40 and Bri-Chan. :)

shaluwm_agape
May 1st, 2020, 09:57 AM
Still here! Been peeking around so happy for all of you guys hanging in there and reaching milestones. I am almost at hip I think I'll be there by the end of this month or next.
And once there it'll be about 3.5 to 4" to TBL. BCL and TBL are basically in the same vicinity for me so there is no difference

Ylva
May 2nd, 2020, 08:08 AM
Still here! Been peeking around so happy for all of you guys hanging in there and reaching milestones. I am almost at hip I think I'll be there by the end of this month or next.
And once there it'll be about 3.5 to 4" to TBL. BCL and TBL are basically in the same vicinity for me so there is no difference

Yay for being so close to hip! And it's nice that your journey from hip to BCL isn't awfully long. For me, it's such a bother, about a year's worth of growth, ugh!

squirrrel
May 2nd, 2020, 11:43 AM
I just added another cm to my growth chart, I now believe I have 94cm of hair. I’m laughing at myself though. If I only count the measurements from this year, which started in February, it looks like I get over 18 inches in a year! If I include the fairly substantial trim I did one year, as well as all the micro trimming, it looks like I grow no more than a little over 2 inches per year!? I suspect that the truth is somewhere in between... BCL isn’t until 97cm, but I have a few racers around there, which is why I thought I was a lot closer. I just prefetching know that most of my hemline is in the area before calling...

TameThisMane
May 3rd, 2020, 02:04 AM
Hopefully I get to TBL by Christmas 2020!!

squirrrel
May 3rd, 2020, 02:12 AM
Welcome to the thread. Hopefully all goes wewut your growing TameThisMane.

dianabla
May 3rd, 2020, 12:37 PM
Thank you Ylva for showing me this thread!
Good luck to everyone! Hope we reach our hair goals <3

Ylva
May 4th, 2020, 01:43 AM
I just added another cm to my growth chart, I now believe I have 94cm of hair. I’m laughing at myself though. If I only count the measurements from this year, which started in February, it looks like I get over 18 inches in a year! If I include the fairly substantial trim I did one year, as well as all the micro trimming, it looks like I grow no more than a little over 2 inches per year!? I suspect that the truth is somewhere in between... BCL isn’t until 97cm, but I have a few racers around there, which is why I thought I was a lot closer. I just prefetching know that most of my hemline is in the area before calling...

Either way, I think you'll reach it soon - probably this year.

Hopefully I get to TBL by Christmas 2020!!

Welcome to the thread! :)

Good luck to you too, good to have you around! :)

squirrrel
May 9th, 2020, 08:56 AM

Welcome Dianabla. I hope all goes well with your growth as well.

Thanks Ylva. Yup, bcl likely over the summer, and maybe tbl by years end, possibly longer if I grow really quickly.

dianabla
May 13th, 2020, 06:53 PM
Thank you squirrrel!

My ends are just touching BCL right now so I'm really hoping for a growth spurt under the summer months because I need about 2 inches before I hit TBL. :D But I guess only time will tell.

Tinyponies
May 13th, 2020, 11:43 PM
Squirrrel and dianabla we must all be so closely matched in length :)
Best of luck and happy growing :heartbeat:

BethiBerries
May 14th, 2020, 04:53 AM
Its been a while since i've been on this thread. I'm stuck in the mid range between waist and hip. However we still have 7 months, might not make it this year however I will definitely make it to hip length.

shaluwm_agape
May 14th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Ylva sorry it's been awhile since I've been back in this thread yeah I'm very short not really a fan of being too short but I mean for milestone purposes it's amazing!
Just wanted to welcome everyone to the thread and say that even though I may not be posting as much I always manage to keep up with this one!

I am trying not to worry about my hair too much

dianabla
May 14th, 2020, 06:15 PM
Yes Tinyponies! So nice too know that you are all out there in the world just thinking about your hair <3

Ylva
May 15th, 2020, 02:59 AM
Good to hear that you guys are still around here! :)

I will probably be able to call TBL at the change of the months.

squirrrel
May 15th, 2020, 02:27 PM
That’s great growth Ylva.

True Tinyponies, it does seem like we are at around the same stage. I wonder if the three of us will remain so as the year progresses.

Oops, turn of the page... it’s good to see our lurking friends checking in too. I hope progress is good for you all.

Eleanor_
May 16th, 2020, 10:20 AM
Is it too late for me to join in? Currently about hip length depending on how wavy my hair has decided to be - I'm sure it has a mind of it's own! My longest strands are just about tbl in the shower, so if covid keeps going I might be calling it by the end of lockdown.

squirrrel
May 17th, 2020, 01:56 AM
Never too late to join as long as you feel the goal is do-able. Welcome to the thread.

Ylva
May 17th, 2020, 06:48 AM
Indeed. You are most welcome here, Eleanor_!

Oh, squirrrel! I can't send you a PM, your mailbox is full. :)

Eleanor_
May 17th, 2020, 07:44 AM
Thanks everyone :)
I attempted hair photos a few days ago but they aren't great (and I was in my pyjamas) so I'll try again once my hair has dried! For some reason my waves don't form very well after I've used a hair mask, maybe it's because I take it out of the tshirt / towel combo earlier? Who knows...

Ylva
May 17th, 2020, 07:55 AM
Thanks everyone :)
I attempted hair photos a few days ago but they aren't great (and I was in my pyjamas) so I'll try again once my hair has dried! For some reason my waves don't form very well after I've used a hair mask, maybe it's because I take it out of the tshirt / towel combo earlier? Who knows...

A heavier mask could easily weigh down your hair enough to stretch out waves a bit.

Also, I'm sporting pyjamas in a lot of hair photos too, haha!

squirrrel
May 17th, 2020, 08:06 AM
My lazy style is to throw a okay top on over the pj one. And yes, different products can change how our hair behaves, so it could well be that a lighter mask works better.

Eleanor_
May 17th, 2020, 09:23 AM
file:///C:/Users/ellyh/Desktop/Photos/Hair%2017.05.20.jpg

Hoping this picture will work...

I love how pj based we all are! Now I've actually got a decent photo of my hair, it's a lot shorter than I thought it was... I imagined it all being the length of my longest strands, so that's a bit disappointing. Maybe TBL by the end of lockdown is a bit ambitious, but I think it's possible by Christmas? I have no idea what my growth rate is so I guess I'll just keep eating healthy and hope for the best!

Ylva
May 17th, 2020, 09:30 AM
file:///C:/Users/ellyh/Desktop/Photos/Hair%2017.05.20.jpg

Hoping this picture will work...

I love how pj based we all are! Now I've actually got a decent photo of my hair, it's a lot shorter than I thought it was... I imagined it all being the length of my longest strands, so that's a bit disappointing. Maybe TBL by the end of lockdown is a bit ambitious, but I think it's possible by Christmas? I have no idea what my growth rate is so I guess I'll just keep eating healthy and hope for the best!

That photo only exists on your PC right now. You'll have to upload it to a hosting service such as this one (https://imgbb.com/), then right-click the photo and copy the photo URL. Paste that between the IMG tags. :)

Eleanor_
May 17th, 2020, 09:33 AM
Thank Ylva!
When it didn't work I hunted down the instructions in the forum help section.
Hopefully it will work this time.

https://i.postimg.cc/94tygrqF/Hair-17-05-20.jpg (https://postimg.cc/94tygrqF)

Ylva
May 17th, 2020, 09:44 AM
Yes, it works now! :) Your hair is very beautiful! Is this your natural sun-lightened colour?

Eleanor_
May 17th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Thank you Ylva :)
And it is! People who've dyed their hair long-term are always so shocked that I have natural highlights, makes me feel quite smug :D
Apparently if I fingercomb my hair while applying leave in and then scrunch, it dries into nice waves, but if I just scrunch then I get wavy underlayers but the top section is straight and stringy. Hair is so weird :rolleyes:

Tinyponies
May 17th, 2020, 01:04 PM
Welcome Elanor_ :) your hair looks really beautiful. Happy growing!

MadelineMomo
May 17th, 2020, 03:23 PM
I think I should be on course to hit TBL but the end of this year? I'm at buttcrack length currently. However, I've never been totally clear on precisely what TBL means, and last time you guys tried to explain it to me, I was only left more confused ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all I know for sure is that it's between BCL and CL.

Ylva
May 18th, 2020, 01:02 AM
I think I should be on course to hit TBL but the end of this year? I'm at buttcrack length currently. However, I've never been totally clear on precisely what TBL means, and last time you guys tried to explain it to me, I was only left more confused ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all I know for sure is that it's between BCL and CL.

People's definitions of TBL vary, but I call it where the bone pokes out. It's a clear marker for me.

BethiBerries
May 18th, 2020, 02:14 AM
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/375x500q90/924/PcOfqP.jpg

don't mind the awkward position, and the fact that it doesn't really show the length that well, i just really like how it looks like gold.

squirrrel
May 19th, 2020, 11:11 AM
Nice pictures to those who have posted, and happy growing.

Yep, for me TBL is the very end of the bone that is the last one of the spine. Others use the other end of it, which confuses things. The half way point works. No one else knows a thing about where you tailbone begins or ends, so it is completely at your discression when you call it.

Ylva
May 23rd, 2020, 06:15 AM
Very pretty hair, BethiBerries!

Dark40
May 23rd, 2020, 04:01 PM
Nice pictures to those who have posted, and happy growing.

Yep, for me TBL is the very end of the bone that is the last one of the spine. Others use the other end of it, which confuses things. The half way point works. No one else knows a thing about where you tailbone begins or ends, so it is completely at your discression when you call it.

You are definitely right that no one knows where their tailbone begins or ends. But I've always though that your tailbone is in the middle of your butt. Or, not trying to sounds gross but I don't know any other way to put it. But right in the crack of your butt. That's why I also always say on me, BCL and TBL are in the same area. Or, in very similar areas.

Pouncequick
May 25th, 2020, 12:56 PM
I think I can make it. Hemline will be questionable and I'll be barely brushing tailbone but I plan to do the second half of 2020 no trim and my hair grows on the faster side. Currently four inches to go.

MadelineMomo
May 26th, 2020, 05:44 PM
After my buttcrack I think I have one more vertebrae, and TBL is like an inch longer than BCL on me.

Ylva
May 27th, 2020, 02:52 AM
I think I can make it. Hemline will be questionable and I'll be barely brushing tailbone but I plan to do the second half of 2020 no trim and my hair grows on the faster side. Currently four inches to go.

You shouldn't have any issues reaching tailbone this year! :)

After my buttcrack I think I have one more vertebrae, and TBL is like an inch longer than BCL on me.

It's about the same for me, too.

Bat
May 27th, 2020, 07:42 AM
butt crack and tail bone both seem to be the same on me i'll probably use TBL it sounds better than butt crack xD

Pouncequick
May 27th, 2020, 05:30 PM
You shouldn't have any issues reaching tailbone this year! :)

Thank you for the confidence, Ylva!

Tinyponies
May 30th, 2020, 12:30 PM
Progress pic. Maybe I’ll be a month later than I expected for bcl (I was predicting solstice), it’s hard to tell because my texture is varying a lot.
https://i.imgur.com/P9DkUph.jpg

Ylva
May 30th, 2020, 03:33 PM
Excellent progress, Ponies!

I am calling tailbone today. :) I will cut off most of my June progress and then grow until the end of the year. Then I will decide how much length I'm willing to part with...

https://i.ibb.co/PTCxFnc/hiukset300520.jpg

Bri-Chan
May 30th, 2020, 05:31 PM
Congratulations Ylva! It looks amazing. I also like your new signature picture a lot.

BethiBerries
May 30th, 2020, 07:21 PM
I'm not very happy with my length at the moment (however I did stunt my progress with using bleach and hair dye.) so this is where it is at the moment. Im trying to document my progress better, so fingers crossed that i log on more.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/375x500q90/924/y4KghH.jpg

Tinyponies
May 30th, 2020, 11:30 PM
Congrats Ylva on such a big milestone :cheer: and your hair is looking wonderful! Fingers crossed your little trim will be satisfying.
Thanks again - :blossom:

Bethi, pretty hair, what’s your long plan/goal? Do you ever leave your wave clumps in?

Ylva
May 31st, 2020, 02:10 AM
Congratulations Ylva! It looks amazing. I also like your new signature picture a lot.

Thank you so much, Bri-Chan!

I'm not very happy with my length at the moment (however I did stunt my progress with using bleach and hair dye.) so this is where it is at the moment. Im trying to document my progress better, so fingers crossed that i log on more.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/375x500q90/924/y4KghH.jpg

Your hair looks pretty! I like the hemline a lot.

Congrats Ylva on such a big milestone :cheer: and your hair is looking wonderful! Fingers crossed your little trim will be satisfying.
Thanks again - :blossom:

Thank you so much! :)

BethiBerries
May 31st, 2020, 02:18 AM
Thank you Ponies! I don't really have a long term goal, I just want to continue keeping my hair healthy. As for my waves, they are a new 'development' i've always been told my 'curlies' in my fam that I have straight hair so i never actually treated it as wavy until recently. Also a lot of the time my hair is in a braid (my high school is catholic and we cant wear our hair down) or a pony.
I'm also going to start the 'curly' girl method when I can get the products.

And Thank you Ylva!

Tinyponies
May 31st, 2020, 03:42 AM
BethiBerries, very cool! Your texture reminds me quite a bit of mine when I thought it was straightish, which was until quite recently - and I’m 39. I haven’t delved into extra products yet, but just making minimal and basic changes (more moisture, and embracing the clumps) has changed my hair a lot so far, without really trying. :)
I look forward to seeing how you get on.

squirrrel
May 31st, 2020, 05:25 AM
Amazing milestone Ylva. It is looking good as well.

BethiBerries... you’ve got a good starting point, and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Tinyponies
May 31st, 2020, 05:55 AM
Ylva I love the shape of your hemline so much. Will you be keeping or changing it?

Ylva
May 31st, 2020, 06:07 AM
Thank you so much, squirrrel!

Ponies, it's turning more and more into a V, but I've been having it cut into a U. I am really digging the V, though, so maybe I will try to retain it! Thank you! :) It's just a bit inconvenient when you're simultaneously trying to trim off damage, I think. A U works better.

BethiBerries
May 31st, 2020, 08:42 PM
Today was wash day ( I didn't put anything other than Shampoo, Conditioner and Sorbolene (for the eczema on my scalp) My hair is still a bit wet in this image but in my opinion it looks way less frizzy and more 'healthy'.
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/577x770q90/923/tEfNxy.jpg

Tinyponies
June 1st, 2020, 12:53 AM
Woah your texture looks beautiful Bethi. Like wind ruffled water :)

spirals
June 1st, 2020, 01:12 AM
I'm sure I'll be there unless I get a wild hair and trim a lot off.

Ylva
June 1st, 2020, 02:01 AM
Very pretty, BethiBerries!

Welcome here, spirals!

squirrrel
June 1st, 2020, 01:14 PM
Hi Spirals, having just spotted your post in the waist to tailbone thread, I have to agree that you are well on the way. Welcome.

That looks good BethiBerries. Enjoy growing on.

Eleanor_
June 2nd, 2020, 03:55 AM
I'm currently having an argument with myself about split ends... I have lots in the last inch or so but really want to cling to my length... I'm not sure whether to buy some scissors and get my sister to take an inch off or to S and D? How much above the split do you have to remove in S and D? Can I just ignore my splits or will they cause more damage?

I'm about 2 inches above tbl but I think I have quite a slow growth rate, although I've only just started trying to keep track so I dont know for certain.

Tinyponies
June 9th, 2020, 06:27 AM
I'm currently having an argument with myself about split ends... I have lots in the last inch or so but really want to cling to my length... I'm not sure whether to buy some scissors and get my sister to take an inch off or to S and D? How much above the split do you have to remove in S and D? Can I just ignore my splits or will they cause more damage?

I'm about 2 inches above tbl but I think I have quite a slow growth rate, although I've only just started trying to keep track so I dont know for certain.
Hey there,

As far as I understand it, how you deal with splits is very personal. It will depend on how much they cause your ends to tangle (deep conditioning, oiling, putting it up in a protective style will help).

Also on the texture and coarseness/fineness of your hair. Will they travel up? I think it all depends.

You don’t have to cut, and you don’t have to s&d either. It depends on what you want, and what you can tolerate/baby along.

I think when trimming off a split it’s a good idea to go above the point where there’s damage to the hair shaft but really it’s up to you. As long as your scissors are good, very sharp. And I believe it’s a good idea to cut straight across the hair than leave a diagonal cut, if that makes sense?

I’m all for prevention, it suits me best. So ends are away safe in a bun and that also reduces drastically how dry and therefore tangly they get.

Keep experimenting and see what works best for you!

~ ~ ~

I’m so close to making this challenge that it’s really entertaining me. I’m around an inch away from bcl right now, and need about 3.5 inches from here to get me to tbl-ish.

My growth rate seems very average, but I’ve never had my hair this long before so no idea if things will start slowing down at this length.

spirals
June 12th, 2020, 06:56 PM
Thanks, Ylva and squirrel. I've never made a by-the-end-of-the-year goal before.

Tinyponies
June 13th, 2020, 11:59 AM
Best of luck Spirals :)

Eleanor_
June 13th, 2020, 12:44 PM
Thanks Tinyponies! I think I'm going to stick to ignoring them for the moment... Good hair scissors look quite expensive!

I brushed my hair before I washed it (which took all the waves out) and I think my longest strands are at tbl! I'm not going to call it until much more of my hair is there but it's crazy to think I might actually make it for Christmas! I thought I was being optimistic.

Tinyponies
June 13th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Thanks Tinyponies! I think I'm going to stick to ignoring them for the moment... Good hair scissors look quite expensive!

I brushed my hair before I washed it (which took all the waves out) and I think my longest strands are at tbl! I'm not going to call it until much more of my hair is there but it's crazy to think I might actually make it for Christmas! I thought I was being optimistic.

Oh nice! With half the year left you’ve plenty of time :D

Eleanor_
June 13th, 2020, 02:15 PM
Took a photo of my hair! Attempting to put last months next to it for comparison
https://i.postimg.cc/5QCJp6x4/Hair-13-06-20.jpg (https://postimg.cc/5QCJp6x4) https://i.postimg.cc/ygWsgLtS/Hair-17-05-20.jpg (https://postimg.cc/ygWsgLtS)

GoldenRussian
June 14th, 2020, 12:59 AM
Might be doable for me... Or not. We'll see, but I'm in!))