PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous new updo

Neoma
April 17th, 2019, 11:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iaympJCwUk

This is so unique that I had to share.

It's probably one of those updos that you'd need a second pair of hands for.

And I shudder to think about detangling when you take it down...

But, darn! It's pretty!

Groovy Granny
April 17th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Very pretty!

But my ends started :slap: as I was watching it :lol:

Begemot
April 17th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Beautiful job! The little star is so cute. Would love to see someone here trying this :)

SwanFeathers
April 17th, 2019, 12:48 PM
I think this would work best at shorter lengths, otherwise it might wrap the tail too much

Cg
April 17th, 2019, 12:55 PM
I think this would work best at shorter lengths, otherwise it might wrap the tail too much

Agreed, and the model's stiff hair worked a lot better than slippery hair would. Very pretty, for a wedding perhaps.

littlestarface
April 17th, 2019, 01:30 PM
These comments make me scared to watch it loool.

AmaryllisRed
April 17th, 2019, 01:48 PM
These comments make me scared to watch it loool.

Right?
Second pair of hands I was okay with, but good for short hair and bad for slippery hair... should I even click the link? Haha

ETA: Okay, now that I watched the video...
I think I tried this before when my hair was shorter but got stuck when the braid curves upside down. I can't braid upside down. :(

Neoma
April 17th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Very pretty!

But my ends started :slap: as I was watching it :lol:Mine did, too, Groovy Granny!

I think this would work best at shorter lengths, otherwise it might wrap the tail too muchI agree, SwanFeathers!

Corvana
April 17th, 2019, 05:26 PM
Agreed, and the model's stiff hair worked a lot better than slippery hair would. Very pretty, for a wedding perhaps.

It's not even a human model, it's a styling head!

Looks like it needs pretty thick hair, on top of shorter and not slippery.

FennFire911
April 17th, 2019, 08:48 PM
It's a really cute style to be sure. I should try it on my younger daughter. She's 9 and her hair is MBL-Waist, and very thick. It's not something I would ever be able to do to my own hair though, even if it were still that short.

Neoma
April 17th, 2019, 10:00 PM
It's a really cute style to be sure. I should try it on my younger daughter. She's 9 and her hair is MBL-Waist, and very thick. It's not something I would ever be able to do to my own hair though, even if it were still that short.

If you try it on your daughter, please show us a pic! :popcorn:

Suortuva
April 18th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Urg, I tried it... My hair is so non existent that it barely covers a small bun donut and it's impossible to see that there's a braid too. I'm so depressed about my hair now. I wanted long hair to be able to do nice updos, and now I realise that will never happen.

Cg
April 18th, 2019, 10:41 AM
Looks like it needs pretty thick hair, on top of shorter and not slippery.

Great. My hair has all but three of those characteristics.

If the hair isn't too long, perhaps it could be varied with an English braid wrapped around the base after donutting. Wouldn't take as long and wouldn't require upside down braiding.

ExpectoPatronum
April 18th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Urg, I tried it... My hair is so non existent that it barely covers a small bun donut and it's impossible to see that there's a braid too. I'm so depressed about my hair now. I wanted long hair to be able to do nice updos, and now I realise that will never happen.

At least you were able to do it! I was questioning whether it was even possible for someone to do this style on themselves. It really is very pretty.

cm006j
April 18th, 2019, 12:05 PM
Oh I tried this!

I saw it on a different channel. One of those ones where they style their daughter's hair. I'll have to look for a picture of it on my hair.

It works fine for long. You just braid and wrap around the excess like any sock bun!

Neoma
April 18th, 2019, 02:49 PM
Urg, I tried it... My hair is so non existent that it barely covers a small bun donut and it's impossible to see that there's a braid too. I'm so depressed about my hair now. I wanted long hair to be able to do nice updos, and now I realise that will never happen.Suortuva, please don't let this updo fail upset you. A. I truly think that one would need just the right amount/length/texture of hair to cover that donut and B. The inability to do one updo shouldn't define your hair's beauty. :flower:

If the hair isn't too long, perhaps it could be varied with an English braid wrapped around the base after donutting. Wouldn't take as long and wouldn't require upside down braiding.Cg, I think that your variation would be a good compromise for those of us who don't have the required hair type/length for this updo. Plus, one could do it without a second pair of hands.

cjk
April 18th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Just for fun I might have to try this, myself.

FennFire911
April 18th, 2019, 08:31 PM
If you try it on your daughter, please show us a pic! :popcorn:

Will do! She'll be with her dad next week, but when she's back I'll give it a go. :D