PDA

View Full Version : Buns Not In the Hairstyle Thesaurus?

spidergoat
April 17th, 2019, 08:00 AM
I've noticed some buns popping up in threads that aren't in the thesaurus, but I can't seem to find any when I search. Hopefully I'm not searching wrong, so I wondered if anyone knows of some buns that aren't in the thesaurus?

-Fern
April 17th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Can you list the ones you saw already?

I'm fairly sure the Marine bun isn't in there. Of course, I only call it that because I learned it in the military from a former Marine. Start with a ponytail, split into two sections, and form a cinnabun with each section. The second will wind up interlocking with the first.

The Marine bun has some similarities to a vortex bun and a bee butt bun, but is definitely different.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29029&d=1510424058

Looks very professional and holds like a rock, even when donning/removing headgear and helmets over and over all day. (I wore it lower than shown when on duty.) I had a post on one of the military threads with more detailed instructions, maybe I will try to dig it up later.

ExpectoPatronum
April 17th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Thanks for sharing that Fern. I decided to try it out for today and I really like it.

neko_kawaii
April 17th, 2019, 08:47 AM
Added Marine Bun to my todo list.

If you see something that isn't in the Thesaurus, you can report the post you saw it in, or send me a PM or Visitor Message.

spidergoat
April 17th, 2019, 11:28 AM

If you see something that isn't in the Thesaurus, you can report the post you saw it in, or send me a PM or Visitor Message.

Will do! I just need to find the posts again now...

spidergoat
April 17th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Can you list the ones you saw already?

I'm fairly sure the Marine bun isn't in there. Of course, I only call it that because I learned it in the military from a former Marine. Start with a ponytail, split into two sections, and form a cinnabun with each section. The second will wind up interlocking with the first.

The Marine bun has some similarities to a vortex bun and a bee butt bun, but is definitely different.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29029&d=1510424058

Looks very professional and holds like a rock, even when donning/removing headgear and helmets over and over all day. (I wore it lower than shown when on duty.) I had a post on one of the military threads with more detailed instructions, maybe I will try to dig it up later.

I'm going to try the Marine Bun tomorrow; it looks pretty neat. I'm trying to find the thread(s) with the buns not in the thesaurus.

-Fern
April 19th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Thanks for sharing that Fern. I decided to try it out for today and I really like it.

Glad it worked out for you!! :D

Awesome! I'm curious to hear if it still works with hair as long as yours. I don't think I've ever seen it done with hair longer than hip length.

-Fern
February 5th, 2020, 07:37 AM
Realized I never updated with the detailed instructions, so here is the detailed Marine Bun How-To (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125022&page=3&p=3477969&viewfull=1#post3477969).

Mariekeeee14
February 6th, 2020, 02:11 PM
Thanks for sharing Fern, I tried it today and it isn’t as bulky as yours but my Lord, I love a bun that doesn’t require a million pins and that holds as well as this! I’m gonna try it for my volleyball game next time :)

cm006j
February 7th, 2020, 05:43 AM
Some of the links in the thesaurus are broken also. Like Celtic Christmas bun and Flower Bun. Swirly bun, Twitch’s double looped knot, knot knot bun, retro twist, and romantic French twist

I have a project on YouTube where I’m trying to do videos for every style in the thesaurus and those are ones I can’t find instructions for.

GoddesJourney
February 7th, 2020, 06:04 AM
I have a project on YouTube where I’m trying to do videos for every style in the thesaurus and those are ones I can’t find instructions for.

Thank you so much for this. I appreciate that it takes time and effort for people to make these hair tutorials and sometimes I have to watch more than one video to learn. I really appreciate everyone who puts them up to help the rest of us figure it out. Thank you.

I'm going to guess that everyone else probably feels the same way.

cm006j
February 7th, 2020, 07:44 AM
Thank you so much for this. I appreciate that it takes time and effort for people to make these hair tutorials and sometimes I have to watch more than one video to learn. I really appreciate everyone who puts them up to help the rest of us figure it out. Thank you.

I'm going to guess that everyone else probably feels the same way.

Aww thank you! I wanted to learn more styles for myself and I figured I may as well record myself trying them lol

Alexandrina
February 7th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Some of the links in the thesaurus are broken also. Like Celtic Christmas bun and Flower Bun. Swirly bun, Twitch’s double looped knot, knot knot bun, retro twist, and romantic French twist

A great idea! Are you going to be sharing the links as you go along, or waiting until the end?

Alexandrina
February 7th, 2020, 11:49 AM
Realized I never updated with the detailed instructions, so here is the detailed Marine Bun How-To (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125022&page=3&p=3477969&viewfull=1#post3477969).

Nice, I appreciate the detailed instructions, Fern! I'm going to try this one today. Wish I had known about it years back when I was a runner, since you said it holds so solid after exercise.
I was constantly dealing with my hair not wanting to stay up!

Of course I'm fat and out of shape now, lol... but I want to get back into it, so I'm gonna practice this bun now to motivate myself ^_^

Neoma
September 1st, 2021, 01:13 PM
Wow, your hair looks great in this style, Fern!

I'm going to try this updo. I suspect that it won't work as well since my hair is so thin, but I'll let you know.