PDA

View Full Version : And back set again

timeschild
April 16th, 2019, 11:06 PM
So I had to get a hair cut the split ends I had from how I cut it two years ago and my dying my hair we’re getting bad. Every strand nearly it seemed like had split ends some were multiple splits. It was very bad. My original goal or idea was to wait until I got to waist length but the split ends were going further up. I finally bit the Bullet and went for a cut three inches later and I am at I want to say arm pit length. I had to keep my eyes closed so I did not see the cutting happen I cried when I got home. Of course that said the lady should have gone a bit shorter because I still have some split ends. So in May when I visit my sister I am going to go to my friend who is the one person I trust other than my self not to mess up or leave split ends to get the rest. My hair was so long and pretty even with the split ends I was mid back by July I am sure I would have been waist length.

I am am also going to be looking into a water softener or one of the shower head water softeners I think exists. I know that our crap water plays a big part in my hair condition as well. So here is to getting my length back and keeping my hair healthy. Time to give up using developer on my hair when I do dye it and stick to dyes that don’t need developer.

JennGalt
April 17th, 2019, 12:12 AM
I’m sorry your trim was so upsetting for you :grouphug: parting with length can be difficult even when it’s needed. But I hope you are able to enjoy your hair more now that so much of the damage is gone, or will be once you’ve gotten accustomed to your new length :flower:

Begemot
April 17th, 2019, 01:00 AM
I am am also going to be looking into a water softener or one of the shower head water softeners I think exists. I know that our crap water plays a big part in my hair condition as well. So here is to getting my length back and keeping my hair healthy. Time to give up using developer on my hair when I do dye it and stick to dyes that don’t need developer.

:beercheer:

It sucks to go shorter when all you want is more length but stopping the splits from traveling up and preventing more damage from happening was a smart move.

Tinyponies
April 17th, 2019, 01:05 AM
Sorry you had such a sad time. It will grow back and lessons learned :heart:

Total dyes noob here. By developer, do you mean peroxide ?

timeschild
April 17th, 2019, 01:11 AM
I think so the stuff you mix into the color so that it stays better

Ilyem
April 17th, 2019, 06:22 AM
Maybe you can try S&D to get rid of the split ends rather than getting inches cut off? It will definitly take much longer but if you say you have splits on almost every hair if you worked on it with a good pair of hair scissors for half an hour each day you could perhaps be gone of them in a few weeks. I would personally take this approach if losing any length is upsetting. Hopefully you have the time and patience to do this. It can actually become quite enjoyable once you get into it and start seeing the results.

timeschild
April 17th, 2019, 11:59 AM
That is my goal now looking into a good pair of scissors hair scissors