PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm happy with my hair :'-)

Strawonaberry
April 15th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Just venting~
I've had a very difficult relationship with my hair. From it being too thick and my sensitive scalp, short haircuts that drove me crazy with hair in my face, not liking my straight texture or my light color, etc.

It's APL at the moment and in these months I've finally figured out how to tie it up painlessly and neatly. I finally improved my braiding skills too, and it's long enough now, longer than it had been in years.
Apart from that, I loosened it today in the street after a long day (in a painless scrunchie bun :D) and saw my self in a reflection, and it was just... so pretty ;-;

The usual long hair style I always see here (edit: "here" in my country) is one that I personally don't like very much... heavily layered and thinned out + straightened to a complete line. So I always thought "What's the point in me growing long hair if it looks like that (no offense if you like that look...)"
I'm very happy now with my blunt-cut, thick "dreaded pyramid-head" look :o

lithostoic
April 15th, 2019, 06:53 PM
Yayyy! Glad you are happy. It blows my mind that hairdressers and trendsetters find thick hair to be undesirable.

SwanFeathers
April 15th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Glad you are having a good hair day.
But although some have layers here, more have fairy-tail ends where it has thinned naturally. Most everyone's hair doesnt grow in the same cycle stage at the same time, so it will become uneven all on its own without any help from the wearer. Some, like me, where we keep a pretty even hem but loose thickness in cycles (read handfuls of hair fall out because it hits the rest stage all at once)
So your either fighting hemline thining or overall thining. Not everyone wants to sacrifice the length they need to wear it up comfortably to have a blunt hem.
But again very glad you and your hair are both happy :)

ExpectoPatronum
April 15th, 2019, 07:17 PM
I'm glad you had a good hair day. Finally loving a part of ourselves is always such a huge accomplishment, especially when you haven't loved something previously.

Lizabeth94
April 15th, 2019, 07:40 PM
I feel you with the sensitive scalp! So glad you've found a happy spot with your hair journey! :o

Strawonaberry
April 15th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Glad you are having a good hair day.
But although some have layers here, more have fairy-tail ends where it has thinned naturally. Most everyone's hair doesnt grow in the same cycle stage at the same time, so it will become uneven all on its own without any help from the wearer. Some, like me, where we keep a pretty even hem but loose thickness in cycles (read handfuls of hair fall out because it hits the rest stage all at once)
So your either fighting hemline thining or overall thining. Not everyone wants to sacrifice the length they need to wear it up comfortably to have a blunt hem.
But again very glad you and your hair are both happy :)

Ah just to clarify :0 this haircut I myself don't like looks nothing like naturally thin hair, especially not an LHC look. I'm aware even my texture will get wispier with length due to shedding. I think everyone's long hair here, with fairy tail ends, etc., looks lovely :) And if someone else wanted to rock the haircut, also, it's perfectly fine.
The point is more along that the style I like for myself is the opposite of what's desirable here (here in my country, not LHC :0!).

Also, thank you everyone!

illicitlizard
April 15th, 2019, 09:45 PM
Ah I'm so happy for you! It's great that you've got to a place where you can enjoy your hair :)

Begemot
April 16th, 2019, 12:30 AM
Awesome :o I like blunt cuts and pyramid-head look too :heartbeat

_fred_
April 16th, 2019, 12:42 AM
I'm glad you're happy with it, that's so nice :D

Stardreamer
April 16th, 2019, 01:36 AM
Just venting~
I've had a very difficult relationship with my hair. From it being too thick and my sensitive scalp, short haircuts that drove me crazy with hair in my face, not liking my straight texture or my light color, etc.

It's APL at the moment and in these months I've finally figured out how to tie it up painlessly and neatly. I finally improved my braiding skills too, and it's long enough now, longer than it had been in years.
Apart from that, I loosened it today in the street after a long day (in a painless scrunchie bun :D) and saw my self in a reflection, and it was just... so pretty ;-;

The usual long hair style I always see here (edit: "here" in my country) is one that I personally don't like very much... heavily layered and thinned out + straightened to a complete line. So I always thought "What's the point in me growing long hair if it looks like that (no offense if you like that look...)"
I'm very happy now with my blunt-cut, thick "dreaded pyramid-head" look :o

Awesome :o I like blunt cuts and pyramid-head look too :heartbeat

Do you guys mean the triangle hair look? If that's what you mean, I'm not a big fan of it!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 16th, 2019, 01:36 AM
That's great! It's so good when you can love your hair!

lapushka
April 16th, 2019, 02:12 AM
It is such a nice feeling to see your reflection and go, hey, I like that (doesn't happen to me that often LOL), but I'm glad you like your hair. Awesome!

spitfire511
April 16th, 2019, 06:27 AM
Yay for you! :flower: Getting through the phases that are difficult on to hair you love is such a wonderful feeling - glad your loving it!

Strawonaberry
April 16th, 2019, 07:13 AM
Do you guys mean the triangle hair look? If that's what you mean, I'm not a big fan of it!
Lol that exact same one. I know most people hate it, and it's often portrayed in media as before-the-makeover hair :p

Lady Stardust
April 16th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Lol that exact same one. I know most people hate it, and it's often portrayed in media as before-the-makeover hair :p

It goes the other way too, “limp, flat” hair is transformed into something voluminous. It’s as though we all have to be middle of the road - not too voluminous and not too flat. We are not all the same so why should we try to look the same! When I was a teen it was all about big hair and curls, then the trend went the other way.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your hair, that’s fantastic :)

soldierssong
April 16th, 2019, 10:26 AM
I'm glad you love your hair!
It's taken me three years to like my hair, and the freedom and confidence that it gives you is so powerful!

BerrySara
April 16th, 2019, 10:52 AM

I think its lovely that you are now enjoying your hair! it must be quite rewarding especially catching your own reflection and digging it!

I personally think the triangle look is badass (yes I know most wouldn't describe it that way) when you just own it! One of my favorite hair inspirations wear hers in a long triangle and it just looks so impressively full and big. I love the look too!