PDA

View Full Version : Your hair care routine products

TeaAndSketches
April 14th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Hello friends, what products do you guys use for your routine?

Also, does anyone's hair have problems with getting stiff and sticky when applying a leave in hair cream to dry hair (opposed to towel dried hair)?

What is one product you always find yourself repurchasing?

gingerninja
April 14th, 2019, 01:52 PM
For my co-wash i use the Faith in nature coconut conditioner and Argan oil as a leave in from Shea Moisture.

Groovy Granny
April 14th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Here is what I love and use...and my routine:

My 1c texture in dry air & 2c in humid air, F/ii, curly silver wispies ♡ MOISTURE
- Weekly washes w/Joico Moisture Shampoo & K Pak Intense Hydrator Conditioner
- Monthly Clarify w/Joico & Neutrogena Moisture Mask ~ Quarterly Silver Bright S&C
- Joico Moisture Conditioner for leave in ~ warm/cool scalp diffused ~ ends air dried
- To refresh curls/tame frizz: Biosilk Serum ~ Rosewater & Glycerin spritz ~ damp hair & drop of oil
- For new growth wispies: spritz of Garnier Anti-Humidity Hairspray or Texture Cream
- BBB Vented Wet Brush to detangle & style
- Reg Vented Wet Brush in shower & spot detangle
- Wood Bristle brush for quick style refresher
- Worn up in buns for protection (chores/hoods/hats) and in hot weather
- In cooler temps I prefer it worn in half ups & ponytails
- Bedtime English Pigtail Braids to protect during sleep and for daytime wurls
- Full Moon dusting of racers & Quarterly/Seasonal change hemline maintenance

ETA: Coconut oil and aloe leave my hair crunchy

lapushka
April 14th, 2019, 02:17 PM

Also, does anyone's hair have problems with getting stiff and sticky when applying a leave in hair cream to dry hair (opposed to towel dried hair)?

I describe my weekly routine in my blog. It's easy that way. ;) My "methods" are in my signature. Method stays the same, products can vary, hence: the blog.

I never apply curl creams, gels or leave-ins, serums on dry hair, only on damp hair after the wash. I never have issues with it getting sticky or residue-y but I don't over-apply! I watch out for that. Just a coin size for classic length = enough for me.

I am pretty partial to the curl enhancing smoothie styler by Shea Moisture. I am halfway through my second tub. My mom uses it with me to set her curls when she roller sets it, and I use it in the LOC/LCO method (see signature).

Aeonian
April 14th, 2019, 02:31 PM
I was experimenting a lot lately, routines and products but I stopped because I got dandruff and really bad cystic acne on my scalp, near my temples. No more oils or conditioners for me. My routine is supereasy now, I wash my hair three times a week with Sebastian Twisted shampoo, I always shampoo twice because second time applying suds really well. Put my hair in a towel, wait 5 -10 minutes, but a tiny drop of Biosilk in my damp hair and just let it air dry. I never comb my hair, also no finger combing as well. I do have frizz on top of my head, but I'm not fighting it anymore, it's part of my hair.

My hair doesn't get sticky or stiff when I apply products on dry hair but I rarely do that, I always use product on damp hair, otherwise I don't see anything happening except greasy hair.

ExpectoPatronum
April 14th, 2019, 03:03 PM
I wash my hair twice a week with an SLS-free shampoo and cone-free conditioners. My current favorite products are Nature's Gate Tea Tree and Sea Buckthorn shampoo and Love, Beauty and Planet's smoothing conditioner (the lavender scented one). I've repurchased the conditioner four times now. For styling, I use Kinky Curly Knot Today and Jessicurl products.

elfynity
April 14th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Hi TeaAndSketches,
I am quite the organic girl, with mostly everything in and around my life so my products are mainly based on that.

I use Simply Bee conditioner as posted below. It smells so divine! It is like heaven! It is very organic and I use it mainly to keep my ends moisturised.
https://i2.wp.com/simplybee.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/HONEYROSEMCONDITION_STACK.png

I also use Enchantrix conditioner to CO wash. It works so well, I bought lots of it! I co wash about once a fortnight.
https://www.enchantrix.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Hair-conditioner-250ml.jpg

I occasionally wash with water inbetween my co washing.
I use only 'on the cooler side of warm', dechlorinated water.
About once a month, I put a drop of Enchantrix shampoo into my conditioner and wash my roots.
I use cornflour dusted on my roots and brush out the oil when my hair is a bit oily but I am not ready to wash.
I mix peppermint EO into water and spray that on my roots - which is excellent for circulation, hair growth and really freshens up any 'cat-like' smells.
I often do moisturizing masks consisting of 1 or more of the following ingredients: conditioner, fresh crushed bulbinella (it's like aloe vera), a few drops of avo / castor / coconut oil, milk, honey, a drop of frankincense / lavender / peppermint EO.

I use a tiny wide-toothed paddle brush to comb conditioner through my hair when it is wet.
I use a Denman paddle brush to detangle dry hair.
I use a bbb because it feels amazing and it's good for my hair.

I use good quality, 3 to 4 inch long hair clips to keep my buns in place. I always check the ends of all the clips before I use them to make sure that the blobby at the end completely covers the sharp end of the clip for each clip.

I have noticed that my hair seems to 'take' better to anything and keep it's silkiness if I apply whatever it is on damp hair as opposed to dry hair. My hair is stiff and sticky if I apply coconut oil.

Conditioners and EO's. I just love EO's so much and their benefits and smells fragrance your hair so beautifully, I have to buy them!

ArabellaRose
April 14th, 2019, 03:46 PM
My standard haircare routine goes:

Wash - Loreal Elvive Dream Lengths shampoo
Condition - Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
Roo - Extra virgin olive oil
Condition - Loreal Elvive Dream Lengths conditioner
Towel dry for half an hour
L - Boots Sun, Swim & Gym Leave In spray conditioner
C - Loreal Dream Lengths No Haircut cream
O - OGX Argan Oil of Morocco.

Once a week I do a clarify and deep condition as follows:

Loreal Elvive Dream Lengths shampoo (scalp only)
Tresemme Deep Clean shampoo (on lengths only, when applied to my scalp it caused terrible dandruff)
Loreal Elvive Dream Lengths Saviour Mask.

I was using a wooden brush but stupidly left it in a hotel room. Took a risk on a new Wet brush (the one I had a couple of years ago doesn't seem to be in production anymore) and couldn't be happier with it.

As you can see, the product I always buy is the full Loreal Dream Lengths range, my hair has never loved anything as much as that stuff.

Ylva
April 14th, 2019, 03:55 PM
I am using quite a large variety of products at the moment, but it's usually some kind of a mix of the following, and some random products here and there.

Shampoo
Natura Siberica Oblepikha Intensive Hydration
Garnier Blonde Illuminator
Joico Color Endure Purple Shampoo or a different purple shampoo like Fanola, but I won't be repurchasing it
Urtekram Coconut

First conditioner
Garnier Fructis Hair Food mask of some variety in the lenghts
Shea Moisture mask of some variety in the lengths
A lighter conditioner in the root area (or something else if I'm working on using it up)

Second conditioner
Garnier Respons (Ultimate Blends, Wholeblends etc.) coney conditioner, mostly the coconut milk & macadamia oil one
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (can't use this every time due to a sensitivity I developed, so I am working on using up my stash and then I won't repurchase it anymore)

Leave-in cream
Shea Moisture JBCO
Garnier Fructis Aloe Air-Dry Cream

Leave-in serum
Any that I have at hand - I don't notice much difference between them.

Of this list, I am currently mostly repurchasing the Garnier Hair Food masks, the Natura Siberica and Garnier shampoos and the coney Garnier conditioner. I log each hair wash in my LHC journal, so if you want more detailed info of the products I use, check that one out.

Dark40
April 14th, 2019, 04:56 PM
For my co-washes I'll use a coney conditioner sometimes. Or a cone-free with conditioner, and the names of the products are: Alberto Vo5 Kiwi and Lime Conditioner, Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Conditioner, and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner. Now, for my shampooing at the moment I am using Herbal Essence Shampoo For Permed and Color-Treated Hair, and my Leave-In is Isoplus Wrap Lotion. My oil is Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion. But I have a BIG stash of hair products to use for my routine. I always like to switch up on my products.

AmaryllisRed
April 14th, 2019, 05:18 PM
I use Herbal Essences long term relationship shampoo and conditioner.
And....
That's it. :)

Ophidian
April 14th, 2019, 10:19 PM
Here’s a basic rundown of my current routine and products. For more details then you will probably ever want, there’s more on my blog ;).

Once a week, I use a sulfate-free shampoo containing salicylic acid on my scalp only: Avalon Organics Therapy Anti-Dandruff or Jason Dandruff Relief. Occasionally I will use Nizoral 1% instead.

Twice a week, I wash with Jason Dandruff Relief 2-in1, and rinse it through to my ends (one of these times is right after the salicylic acid shampoo).

Each wash, I finish with an acidic rinse using NightBlooming Alluvial Crystals because I have hard water. I don’t need conditioner with this routine, but I have some lying around and my ends are getting a little more delicate at waist, so I have been using Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner just on the very ends once a week.

My method is to rinse my hair well, then bend forward to apply cleanser full strength to my scalp and massage it in well. Then I let it sit for a good 5-10 min before rinsing. On Sundays I do this twice, once with the salicylic acid shampoo and the with the 2-in-1. While I let the shampoo sit I’ll scrunch a little conditioner into the ends.

I don’t use styling products, just damp bunning/braiding and coconut oil on the ends.

Begemot
April 15th, 2019, 12:21 AM
I have the opposite problem, my hair can get stiff and weird if I apply too much product on towel dried hair. I usually never have problems with applying to dry hair.

I'll underline the products that I repurchase. My routine atm is to do CWC method with Sebamed Every day shampoo and Oh! My Sexy hair Macadamia conditioner two or three times a week. My favorite leave-ins are Garnier Aloe Air-dry cream and Klippoteket Argan oil on damp hair and Urtekram Aloe spray and Phyto hair cream on dry hair. I do a deep treatment weekly (Garnier hair Food Banana mask) and Olaplex No. 3 treatment monthly. My favorite conditioners are L'Oreal Dream Lengths and Anti-breakage balsam. I have tried some products for scalp and my favorite is Sim System 4 Scalp lotion.

RottenMango
April 22nd, 2019, 10:39 AM
Currently using Garnier Whole Blends Vanilla Milk & Papaya Shampoo, Garnier Whole Blends Vanilla Milk & Papaya Conditioner, Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Butter Masque, Kiehl’s Olive Oil Leave In Conditioning Cream, and Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Hair Elixir.

MusicalSpoons
April 22nd, 2019, 03:44 PM
Repurchasing products:
Natura Siberica Neutral shampoo
Macademia Oil conditioner (from cheapie shops like Poundland or Savers)

Products I use:
Shampoo as above
Second C in CWC as above
First C whatever silicone-free conditioner I'm using up from my stash! Mostly from cheapie shops or cheap own-brands, though currently Faith in Nature BB Rose conditioner for the protein in it.
ROO with any plant oil, again using up my stash. I think I might be using camellia seed or macademia or cashew ... I really can't remember (they're all in identical bottles :laugh:)

(I don't use leave-ins so can't help there.)

pinkypoo
April 24th, 2019, 02:42 PM
I use a sulfate free shampoo in the middle of the week and use a sulfate one at the end of the week. Fridays are my wash days and I usually sleep with my hair soaking in coconut oil, tone it with a purple conditioner, shampoo it to get rid of the silicones, do a olaplex treatment and then finally a deep conditioning treatment. I switch up my products but currently I'm using curls creme brulee leave in conditioner, Camila rose hair tea and nightblooming freya hair salve to seal in moisture after all that. My favorite deep conditioning masks are the superfruit and the manuka honey ones from shea moisture.

Reservechic
April 24th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Here's my current regimen of products:

Cleansers: DevaCurl No-Poo Decadence or As I Am Coconut Co-Wash (I wash my hair on a weekly basis)
Deep Conditioners: DevaCurl One Condition Decadence or Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm (I use heat when I deep condition my hair (I will use either my Hot Head Thermal Conditioning Cap or Huetiful Hair Steamer)
Leave Ins: Don't use
Hair Oils- Not currently using any as a pre-cleanse oil treatment or for oiling my hair or scalp with at all
Styler: Melanin HairCare's Twist Elongating Styling Cream. I currently use this styling cream to bun my hair with, also it has wonderful moisturizing properties to it as well, which is why, no separate leave-in or separate hair oil is needed with this product on my fine textured curls and waves. Oh, and I currently air dry my hair only. I do switch up my hair care products, so this is definitely subject to change.
Detangling Tool of Choice-Denman Brush

And, I wear a satin bonnet every night, without fail. Oh, and I'm currently bunning my hair and enjoying every minute of it!

YvetteVarie
April 25th, 2019, 04:13 AM
I use a sulphate shampoo weekly. Not particular about brand. I deep condition using Hask, ORS Replenishing Conditioner, or any mask which has ingredients I like. I tend to be more picky with deep conditioners, since it helps with detangling and moisture retention. When my hair is damp, I seal with a homemade shea butter mix. My current mix has shea butter, castor oil and grapeseed oil. This mix depends on the oils I will have at hand. I finger detangle and then use a wide tooth comb. I wear a satin bonnet or satin scarf at night. And I do not use heat on my hair at all

Dee94
June 28th, 2019, 11:09 AM
Shampoo I use TRESemme perfectly undone waves
Condtioner: Nature's aid
Hair mask: Garnier Fructis banana hair mask
and
I always use my sweet almond oil right after I get out of the shower and my hair is still wet.

Dark40
June 28th, 2019, 08:57 PM
My repurchasing products are Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo and Conditioner, Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Conditoner, Aussie Mega Moist Shampoo and Conditoner, Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Mask, and Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner.

MusicalSpoons
June 29th, 2019, 05:01 AM
Further to my previous post:
Faith in Nature BB Rose conditioner is a definite repurchasing product!! My hair *loves* it - definitely HG product there, apart from it being a bit above my price range.

Also Co-Op tea tree and mint conditioner - I'm currently using it in place of shampoo and my scalp is happy so far. As a conditioner it's interesting anyway, because disodium EDTA is the 5th ingredient which is great for using with our hard water! They also do an apple and a red raspberry version, but I like the TT&M for my scalp.