PDA

View Full Version : Side bangs?

Milkchocolate
April 13th, 2019, 04:26 AM
For a while I’ve been debating about getting side bangs. However I haven’t cut my hair in over a decade so the thought of that really freaks me out! Lol.

Has anyone ever gotten side bangs and do you feel like it compliments your long hair?
Did you regret it or do you love them?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ❤️

Robot Ninja
April 13th, 2019, 06:03 AM
For a while I’ve been debating about getting side bangs. However I haven’t cut my hair in over a decade so the thought of that really freaks me out! Lol.

Has anyone ever gotten side bangs and do you feel like it compliments your long hair?
Did you regret it or do you love them?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated ❤️

I have them, along with some face-framing layers, and I love them. It avoids that scraped-back look when I wear my hair up, they suit my face better than straight-across bangs, and they require zero styling.

Lady Stardust
April 13th, 2019, 06:53 AM
I have them, along with some face-framing layers, and I love them. It avoids that scraped-back look when I wear my hair up, they suit my face better than straight-across bangs, and they require zero styling.

All of the above for me too. I’m much happier doing updos than I was with a straight across fringe.

AmaryllisRed
April 13th, 2019, 07:41 AM
I did until they grew out. It's the only kind of bangs I wear.

Begemot
April 13th, 2019, 07:45 AM
Me three :) I'm with Robot Ninja and Lady Stardust. Previously I didn't like the idea of long hair + bangs very much but now I like the look a lot. I thought about getting bangs for maybe a year before finally getting them cut lol. Go for it if you aren't too fussy about having your all your hair the same length. Side bangs can be pretty low maintenance.

spidermom
April 13th, 2019, 08:30 AM
I love switching up my look with bangs from time to time. I've had the side bangs but because of my wurly hair, they required a flat iron to behave like side bangs, and even after styling and hair spray, they tended to end up hanging in my face and needed a clip to hold them back. It didn't stress me out too much.

lapushka
April 13th, 2019, 09:18 AM
I don't much like hair hanging "loose" from my bun. It gets in the way. I like it all pulled back, but that's largely personal preference!

Aerya
April 13th, 2019, 09:55 AM
I think the combination of bangs and very long hair is really cool! But I'd definitely get some clip ins first, just cheap ones from ebay or something, to get the feel of it before you commit. Bangs and layers around the face can be really annoying - I often leave some face framers because it looks cute, and then end up tucking them behind my ears after three minutes. Another thing is of course the look of it. Bangs are weird in that they can make one person look really young while they age another. Neither is necessarily bad, of course, but it's something to consider before commiting.

Ylva
April 13th, 2019, 10:02 AM
I like the look of (any kind of) bangs on others, and would love to hide some of my huge forehead with them as well, but alas, my skin is very oily so I definitely don't want to combine bangs with that.

GrowinIt
April 13th, 2019, 11:15 AM
I have natural "sidebangs" because I have a ton of baby hair fringe that never grows past my nose, and there is a lot of it right at the center front of my head. My hair is wavy so it just sort of waves and sits whereever I put it, usually combed toward the right side or wet it and comb it into the main part of my hair, although sometimes I have to bobby pin it down for windy days. I wish I could grow them out, but I will never be able to. I googled faux bangs, check this idea out, you can wear fake bangs without cutting or adding hair , just using your own hair and two bobby pins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7I4N03dzk

Aeonian
April 13th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Sidebangs look great when scraped back hair isn't really flattering, esspecially the longer faceframing sidebangs. The thing is that if you really like them you need visit the hairdresser every four weeks, they grow quickly. You can also trim them yourself if you have curly, wavy, wurly hair, that's what I did in between haircuts. Good luck with your decision.

illicitlizard
April 13th, 2019, 07:23 PM
Side bangs look great with long hair IMO, especially with updos. The maintenance puts me off though, they grow insanely quickly. Not hard to trim yourself on straight hair but still a bit of a pain to trim them so frequently.

ExpectoPatronum
April 13th, 2019, 09:28 PM
It's definitely a personal choice. Side bangs are good if you don't like slipped back updos, but they're also not the best for someone who wants their hair to be low maintenance. You can always invoke the two week rule!