PDA

View Full Version : Lighten eyebrows with honey

SwanFeathers
April 8th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Has anyone tried to lighten their eyebrows?
Did it work?
What did you use?
Any safety tips?

Aerya
April 8th, 2019, 02:32 PM
I've done it a couple of times with regular hair bleach, because I had some at hand and there was no one around to tell me not to, lol. They turn as orange and yellow as your hair so you might want to colour/tone them afterwards unless you're going for the full platinum look. I just filled them in until they grew back out, but... It probably showed. :lol:

Honestly I wouldn't bother. They grow back fast and it looks awkward with dark hairs in between the light ones. If your eyebrows are too dark for your liking you could cut them a bit, like brush them upwards with a spoolie and snip off the bits that stick up, that makes them appear lighter.

If you want to try though, I'd suggest just getting a bleach kit for facial hair instead of honey. Be careful not to get it in your eyes, of course, and you should probably put Vaseline on the skin surrounding your eyebrows to avoid irritation.

lapushka
April 8th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Honey has just a liiiitle bit of peroxide in it (do not warm it up or it loses that potential). So it might turn the hair brassy. IDK. I personally never tried it, but I know what just a tiny bit of peroxide can do to hair.

Nightshade
April 8th, 2019, 02:57 PM
I do this almost every time I henna my brows. I just use normal OTC peroxide (the kind for cuts) and brush it on my brows, let them dry, rinse, repeat. Usually takes several applications and about a day before they're light enough where the henna shows.