PDA

View Full Version : ...for people who are sick of taking care of their hair

April 7th, 2019, 12:39 AM
https://youtu.be/SGj23dqu-Uc

In the end she was like 'If I'll want a nice hairstyle, next time I'll wear a wig' ;). I considered that, actually. But you'd have to comb a wig eventually too *cough*.

Zindell
April 7th, 2019, 05:24 AM
Oh my... when her bf brushed her hair. shudder:

Hairkay
April 7th, 2019, 05:43 AM
https://youtu.be/SGj23dqu-Uc

In the end she was like 'If I'll want a nice hairstyle, next time I'll wear a wig' ;). I considered that, actually. But you'd have to comb a wig eventually too *cough*.

There are those that would take time to look after a wig, wash, condition, brush it, style it, cut it even dye it, protect it but they won't do the same for their own hair.:rolleyes:

April 7th, 2019, 08:08 AM

Ahahah, hell yes, I wanted to scream.

Yes Kay, it's pretty shocking. Half of youtube is full of that. When I said I considered a wig I meant I'd use one if I wanted some crazy color (like, dunno... Blue? Lol) or bleach blonde *laughs* so I'd use a wig instead of killing my real hair. I know I'd have to take care of it though, so I'd end up with having to manage my hair AND wig/s, quite demotivating. My mother used to do that, actually. She had bleach blonde, almost white hair and couldn't continue at some point so she stopped bleaching and switched to wigs. Beautyklove has some fun wigs with weird colors so she doesn't ruin her real hair.

Joules
April 7th, 2019, 10:32 AM

Yeah, I cringed hard too shudder: :lol:

The most unfair thing is that it seems like her hair just grew down to her thighs on its own. She doesn't seem to care about it that much, it's just neglect without the benign part, I'm pretty sure she doesn't do anything to it beside washing and conditioning with basic products. Like, why? Dear Universe, could you please give nice hair to people who really want it? :lol: I love Cristine and her channel, I'm just joking obv, but still

WildandSeawhite
April 7th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Her videos normally make me cringe, but this was way worse than usual. I had to FF through most of it, especially the brushing. shudder:

meteor
April 7th, 2019, 11:25 AM
In the end she was like 'If I'll want a nice hairstyle, next time I'll wear a wig' ;)

That's great advice actually! :thumbsup: I hope I'll remember that next time I want to experiment. :lol: I like some complicated braids and I *love* all sorts of unicorn colors, but there is no way to survive gunmetal gray or something pastel and not damage hair, so...

The most unfair thing is that it seems like her hair just grew down to her thighs on its own. She doesn't seem to care about it that much, it's just neglect without the benign part, I'm pretty sure she doesn't do anything to it beside washing and conditioning with basic products. Like, why? Dear Universe, could you please give nice hair to people who really want it? :lol: I love Cristine and her channel, I'm just joking obv, but still

I think not doing anything to hair besides washing and conditioning with basic products is pretty helpful for growing and keeping hair long, actually... :flower: I can't think of anyone with extremely long hair who does anything other than good ol' standard S&C (maybe with a bit of oiling once in a blue moon, when feeling fancy or bored).
Hair is dead organic material, so "healing" it is impossible, but leaving it alone improves its chances of staying closer to its natural integrity for longer.

Not to mention that doing little to hair saves your mental and physical energy, because sometimes people cut simply out of frustration of not being able to stay with really complex, sophisticated routines, as hair gets harder to manage at greater lengths, but leaving it alone is really doable, and this way you are less likely to get tired of it all and cut it. Loyalty to complex routines for the sake of complex routines doesn't make sense to me, unless every step gives well-tested visible, tangible results.

Groovy Granny
April 7th, 2019, 11:43 AM
That was annoying and painful and terrifying to watch :tmi:

Her hair looked nice to start so perhaps she doesn't treat it like that normally....but why would you screw around like that and potentially damage it :shocked:

She better stick to nails :p

And I hope she evens out her hemline :lol:

If you can't 'cut it' (pun intended) ...get a wig :thumbsup:

Joules
April 7th, 2019, 11:56 AM
I think not doing anything to hair besides washing and conditioning with basic products is pretty helpful for growing and keeping hair long, actually... :flower: I can't think of anyone with extremely long hair who does anything other than good ol' standard S&C (maybe with a bit of oiling once in a blue moon, when feeling fancy or bored).
Hair is dead organic material, so "healing" it is impossible, but leaving it alone improves its chances of staying closer to its natural integrity for longer.

Not to mention that doing little to hair saves your mental and physical energy, because sometimes people cut simply out of frustration of not being able to stay with really complex, sophisticated routines, as hair gets harder to manage at greater lengths, but leaving it alone is really doable, and this way you are less likely to get tired of it all and cut it. Loyalty to complex routines for the sake of complex routines doesn't make sense to me, unless every step gives well-tested visible, tangible results.

I know hair is dead, but still there are some things that you can do with it. My hair needs oil. Lots and lots of it, before, during and after washing. When I was doing basic W&C&leave-in I couldn't get past bra strap length, my hair is naturally very dry, it was further dried out by shampoos and just a conditioner simply wasn't enough. Not using shampoo at all or using a mild one isn't an option for me, so I have to do more than bare minimum. Maybe when I'm at my goal length I'd be able to cut a few steps off my routine, who knows.

meteor
April 7th, 2019, 12:06 PM
^ Oh yes, sure, if that's what your hair needs. :agree:
I was just trying to point out that there is typically nothing strange about having long and extremely long hair and doing very little (if anything) in terms of care. :flower:

Groovy Granny
April 7th, 2019, 12:15 PM

That is very true :thumbsup: and it was proven to me just this week after doing a mask I am not sure I even needed :doh:

Then I decided more was better and a week later used more products and left them in longer = grease pit :p

So I clarified and used a bit of conditioner and my hair was perfect :flower:

As the old adage goes KISS ~ Keep It Simple Stupid (addressing MYSELF of course) :lol:

Begemot
April 7th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Thanks, I hate it :lol: That was painful. The cats were cute though and I loved the comment "your hair is older than half of your subscribers" lol. My hair is just a toddler, about 3 years old.

teeks
April 7th, 2019, 01:28 PM
I don't know her or her channel but I liked seeing someone doing what she wanted to with her own hair. The brushing part was horrible, but she obviously doesn't dye or curl or cut or style or whatever just cause "everybody" does it or because her bf/dh wants her to. A nice rolemodel - hairwise - to her young subscribers?

lapushka
April 7th, 2019, 02:48 PM
TBH, the video doesn't bother me at all. I treated my hair *way* worse when I was a teen and in my 20s. :shrug:

This is BTW exactly (or about) the way I cut mine (well, my mom does it for me actually).

Well, up to the part where she was actually cutting into her hair (with regular scissors).

I really don't mind the video. :) It was fun to watch, actually. :)

Larke
April 7th, 2019, 09:24 PM
I actually thought this was hilarious. XD The brushing part was painful, but she has such a bright personality and doesn't take herself too seriously. Plus super pretty hair. Thanks for sharing.

Joules
April 8th, 2019, 12:35 AM
I don't know her or her channel but I liked seeing someone doing what she wanted to with her own hair. The brushing part was horrible, but she obviously doesn't dye or curl or cut or style or whatever just cause "everybody" does it or because her bf/dh wants her to. A nice rolemodel - hairwise - to her young subscribers?

Yes! This! There aren't that many people on YT who don't torture their hair and don't want to, even though other people comment on it (even Brad Mondo made a reaction video saying that she needs to do something with all that hair). I like her approach to hair just for that.

DaveDecker
April 8th, 2019, 12:20 PM
The hair ripping was cringe-worthy (and otherwise she had no idea what she was doing), but she has a great sense of humor. lol moments from start to end.

lapushka
April 8th, 2019, 01:31 PM
The hair ripping was cringe-worthy (and otherwise she had no idea what she was doing), but she has a great sense of humor. lol moments from start to end.

Yes, I think that's what appealed to me. Sometimes it's not all about the hair. ;)

MotherofJames
April 8th, 2019, 05:03 PM
😩 I had to stop watching. Cringeeeee. Gah!

Stray_mind
April 9th, 2019, 02:43 AM
I am glad i am not the only one that found the video hilarious.
Yep, the brushing part was kinda cringy, because of the enhanced Brushing sound and the dbf ripping trough the knots, hahaha.

But the lady has obviously beautiful hair and she seems to take good care of it on a daily basis.

I see no harm in doing something for fun once in a while, even if it Is damaging.
It's probably an unpopular opinion around here, but it is just hair. *hides*

lapushka
April 9th, 2019, 04:12 AM
I am glad i am not the only one that found the video hilarious.
Yep, the brushing part was kinda cringy, because of the enhanced Brushing sound and the dbf ripping trough the knots, hahaha.

But the lady has obviously beautiful hair and she seems to take good care of it on a daily basis.

I see no harm in doing something for fun once in a while, even if it Is damaging.
It's probably an unpopular opinion around here, but it is just hair. *hides*

I don't feel that "touchy" about my hair either, Stray! At the end of the day it is only hair. There are bigger issues in the world. At least, that's my sentiments on that.

But if your hair won't grow or you have issues with it for some reason (healthwise), then yes I can see how it all can affect someone deeply.

Stray_mind
April 10th, 2019, 04:37 AM
I don't feel that "touchy" about my hair either, Stray! At the end of the day it is only hair. There are bigger issues in the world. At least, that's my sentiments on that.

But if your hair won't grow or you have issues with it for some reason (healthwise), then yes I can see how it all can affect someone deeply.

But it isn't "Your" hair that is "suffering" in that vid though?

I think it shouldn't be taken That seriously, but to each their own, of course. :)

Joules
April 10th, 2019, 07:03 AM
KISS ~ Keep It Simple Stupid

I'm gonna print it in big bold letters and put it in every room of my house :lol: from now on it's my motto :lol:

Deborah
April 10th, 2019, 12:12 PM
I found the video sweet and funny. Her hair is really beautiful and exceptionally strong, since it seems able to tolerate the nutty way she treats it.

April 11th, 2019, 08:24 AM
The most unfair thing is that it seems like her hair just grew down to her thighs on its own. She doesn't seem to care about it that much, it's just neglect without the benign part, I'm pretty sure she doesn't do anything to it beside washing and conditioning with basic products. Like, why?
Yup, that's what hair does. *laughs* Before LHC I only combed and used shampoo without conditioner (I'm really sick and couldn't find conditioner that wouldn't make me faint in the bathroom... Yes, really *sighs*) and always had classic length so yeah *shrugs*. Now, quality of my hair was a different story... They looked like **** and I've got an impression that not only lack of conditioner was a problem. Now when I don't detangle at all (hah, I wonder if I'll be able to keep it up on long hair, if not I'll try to keep them in twists for 3 weeks or so at a time) my hair are very, very different. Which means I *still* was doing too much and it was damaging my hair, probably? o_O

That's great advice actually! :thumbsup: I hope I'll remember that next time I want to experiment. :lol: I like some complicated braids and I *love* all sorts of unicorn colors, but there is no way to survive gunmetal gray or something pastel and not damage hair, so...

Yess, I soo want something pastel, oh-my-god. It's like, I want to be like that unicorn xDD https://www.etsy.com/pl/listing/648100985/small-unicorn-english-crochet-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_4

The mental aspect is so important. When I started out, I was trying really hard to be 'feminine' and do all these things I'm supposed to be doing that I'm not *laughs*. I tried so many things. I wanted to improve my health so I tried all kinds of DIYs and hippy washing methods (well... I do have to admit I feel cool that I'm able to wash my hair with egg yolk or soapnuts if I want too *laughs*... Like, not everyone knows how to do that), henna, natural (horn, wood) combs, all these things... I tried COwashing, combing in the shower, because as a curly I'm supposed to do these things or whatever... To some extent my experiments aren't a complete failure because I never had such healthy hair and scalp in my life (no more bloody scalp and scalp acne), but the results weren't satisfactory. I'm still having tons of problems... I'm longing for some minimalistic routine. I keep coming back to WO but it's not completely working either. But right now, my hair growing out from being buzzed (pixie-ish now), just cold WO washes, daily dry scritching and massage (I'm assuming that at this length it probably works like finger detangling maybe, all the hair are near scalp so I kind of touch everything with my fingers when I scritch/massage but I don't do any deliberate combing), a bit of putting it into a scarf and, hell, it acts way better than it ever did. It's very strong and does what it wants without styling. No 'curl refreshing' nonsense for me, it waves by itself after night's sleep (from the pillow) and after bathing (from steam, maybe?). It's too short to be curly (all the drama starts past shoulders for me) but I'm still shocked that it's so strongly wavy (before WO it was straight when in a bob and *bam! magic* puffy/curly when long). I keep having that hairloss drama, so maybe I should go back to henna or oiling but I just can't be bothered, you know? I just can't, psychologically. I always either keep trying to be feminine or to suppress my symptoms and look healthy. But even if I'll somehow manage to look healthy, I'm not. I'm not healthy. Who am I trying to fool, myself? Is being ill a crime? All these tutorials... Now apply that skincare or that makeup to 'look rested' or to 'have a healthy glow'. Who all these people, me included are trying to fool? It's not a good place to be in mentally, psychological aspect is important. Mental health matters, not only looks, people *laughs*.

Yeah, I do think she's a role model. For me *laughs*, even though I'm only year younger ;). I'm impressed with her having successful YT channel AND a 'normal' job - sure having multiple streams of income works great for her. And she does have a lot of down to earth, psychologically healthy opinions. You can hear these on her vids, for a minute or two, before she starts fooling around again ;).

Natalia_A00
April 22nd, 2019, 03:23 PM
She seems very nice and funny, lol. I liked the video but when the boyfriend brushed her hair... Yikes on several freaking bikes... The concept of your significant other brushing your hair is cute and all, but I would never let my boyfriend style or brush my hair in real life, I know he would mess it up!