PDA

View Full Version : CO washers, which conditioner do you use?

myrrhmaiden
April 4th, 2019, 03:46 PM
I used to use Suave conditioner with great results. It was cheap and did a great job. Now I can’t find it in any store anywhere. I have read countless ingredient lists of countless brands but they all seem to contain dimethicone or cousins of dimethicone. I’d love to hear what you are using for CO washes that is working for you.

lapushka
April 4th, 2019, 04:01 PM
You mean just a plain conditioner?

There are also "specific" CO-washes on the market, with a light surfactant. The As-I-Am CO-wash, I hear, is amazing, also the Mane Choice has a few decent ones. And even Aussie does one, and L'Oréal (Everpure lines and such).

MusicalSpoons
April 4th, 2019, 04:05 PM
In my previous co-wash dabbling I found Co-op own brand conditioners were awesome, made my roots all light and fluffy. Faith in Nature BB Rose and Neroli I'm currently using as a normal conditioner, and it's verrrrry nourishing but surprisingly easy to rinse out.

Dark40
April 4th, 2019, 04:55 PM
As I co-wash I sometimes I use cone-free conditioners. Like, Alberto vo5 but the majority of the times my hair needs those cones. Especially, for detangling and slip. So, my cone conditioners I use like, pantene pro-v, garnier fructis triple nutrition, garnier fructis damage eraser, and herbal essences hello hydration.

littlestarface
April 4th, 2019, 05:12 PM
I'm using old suave and tresemme bottles I have around and I use as I am coconut wash.

myrrhmaiden
April 4th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Coconut wash? What does that entail may I ask?

myrrhmaiden
April 4th, 2019, 09:55 PM
You mean just a plain conditioner?

There are also "specific" CO-washes on the market, with a light surfactant. The As-I-Am CO-wash, I hear, is amazing, also the Mane Choice has a few decent ones. And even Aussie does one, and L'Oréal (Everpure lines and such).

I have definitely seen some of those around, but am just looking for some cheap, basic, no cone variety. I don’t want to spend too much per bottle because I use so much each time. I miss my $1.99 coconut suave!

myrrhmaiden
April 4th, 2019, 09:58 PM
To: Musicalspoons (sorry forgot to quote your reply) Ahhh, I see you’re in the UK. I have not heard of those brands, I’m not sure they are available in Canada but I’ll keep a look out. Thanks!

myrrhmaiden
April 4th, 2019, 10:04 PM
As I co-wash I sometimes I use cone-free conditioners. Like, Alberto vo5 but the majority of the times my hair needs those cones. Especially, for detangling and slip. So, my cone conditioners I use like, pantene pro-v, garnier fructis triple nutrition, garnier fructis damage eraser, and herbal essences hello hydration.

Thank you for the recommendations!

littlestarface
April 4th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Coconut wash? What does that entail may I ask?

Its a brand its called "as I am coconut wash" https://asiamnaturally.com/products/coconut-cowash

myrrhmaiden
April 4th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Its a brand its called "as I am coconut wash" https://asiamnaturally.com/products/coconut-cowash

Ooooooh. That product looks kind of amazing. Thanks for posting.

lithostoic
April 5th, 2019, 12:01 AM
I just use my regular conditioner. Shea Moisture coconut and hibiscus. I cowash once or twice a week and shampoo/condition twice a month.

Dung Beetle
April 5th, 2019, 01:14 PM
I use the Suave coconut most of the time, but I also have used up most of the tiny bottles of conditioner I got in hotels. :)

RavennaNight
April 5th, 2019, 01:27 PM
I use the Suave coconut most of the time, but I also have used up most of the tiny bottles of conditioner I got in hotels. :)

Yes, I find the Suave coconut to be a really good CO conditioner. I used it last week and was really good. Oddly, I remember beginning my hair journey 10 years ago and it being terrible then. My hair must have changed, or something.

OP, if you can't find Suave maybe try VO5? Or the Tresseme botanicals coconut, that one doesn't have cones and is good for CO. I've used that one to co-wash out after indigo treatments.

Panthera
April 5th, 2019, 03:25 PM
I'm still using Mane 'n Tail original conditioner. Cheap, sold in biiiig bottles up to 3.7 litres, nice thick consistency, silicone-free. I've tried SM and devacurl co-washes and I actually prefer my cheap horse conditioner over them. :D

myrrhmaiden
April 5th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Yes, I find the Suave coconut to be a really good CO conditioner. I used it last week and was really good. Oddly, I remember beginning my hair journey 10 years ago and it being terrible then. My hair must have changed, or something.

OP, if you can't find Suave maybe try VO5? Or the Tresseme botanicals coconut, that one doesn't have cones and is good for CO. I've used that one to co-wash out after indigo treatments.

V05 or Tresseme, ok thank you. I have not tried either of them yet. Yeah, the coconut suave was the best, but hasn't been available for some time, and I've yet to find its equal. I'm not sure if no suave is canada wide or not.

myrrhmaiden
April 5th, 2019, 04:18 PM
I'm still using Mane 'n Tail original conditioner. Cheap, sold in biiiig bottles up to 3.7 litres, nice thick consistency, silicone-free. I've tried SM and devacurl co-washes and I actually prefer my cheap horse conditioner over them. :D

Mane n' Tail! Forgot about that one. I know I've seen it around. Thanks for suggesting it. I like that it comes in a huge bottle because I need tons of it. Great recommendation. Thank you.