PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

binky
April 4th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Hi guys
i really need some help please. My hair has changed over the last year and not for the better over. I have straight hair, all one length, just past bsl, but recently I've got these shorter hairs that I can only describe as frizzy looking, and quite coarse feeling, i do colour my hair with semi permanent colour as I have grey's. I don't know if it's breakage because I put it in a bun when I come home from work or if it's new growth. I wash it every 3 days, I've changed my shampoo and conditioner to sulphate free recently to see if that helps the problem, I don't use straighteners unless I decide to curl it, which is very rare, but I do blow dry my hair on a medium heat every time I wash it. I've tried putting a bit of Moroccan oil in my hair after I've washed it to get them straight/flat but no matter what I try they are still the same, I'm at my wits end 😔 I would love salon sleek hair. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Tia xx

lapushka
April 4th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Hi guys
i really need some help please. My hair has changed over the last year and not for the better over. I have straight hair, all one length, just past bsl, but recently I've got these shorter hairs that I can only describe as frizzy looking, and quite coarse feeling, i do colour my hair with semi permanent colour as I have grey's. I don't know if it's breakage because I put it in a bun when I come home from work or if it's new growth. I wash it every 3 days, I've changed my shampoo and conditioner to sulphate free recently to see if that helps the problem, I don't use straighteners unless I decide to curl it, which is very rare, but I do blow dry my hair on a medium heat every time I wash it. I've tried putting a bit of Moroccan oil in my hair after I've washed it to get them straight/flat but no matter what I try they are still the same, I'm at my wits end �� I would love salon sleek hair. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Tia xx

Even if you don't use a straightening iron often, you do use it, and it might be breakage from that, OR it might be new growth. Do you have white dots up the strand? That is typical of heat damage. If you don't it is probably new growth.

We can't have "Pantene" hair, that is not real. Hair has different lengths all over the head, whether you have a blunt cut or not, it doesn't matter. Hair grows in cycles, otherwise it would all fall out at the exact same time.

You may just not have noticed this before.

SwanFeathers
April 4th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Sometimes our texture just changes. Hormones and even the DNA makers our body uses to grow hair change with time. I had pin-straight hair until I chopped it all off, then it grew back wavy (even curly when at SL).
There might be some tips and tricks to try and persuade those hairs to be straighter, but they will still be coarse. Also, i know some can tolerate heat, but my hair wasnt healthy until i cut out ALL heat, not even low settings made it happy.
Hopefully some more ideas will be pitched.

Lady Stardust
April 4th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Grey hair sometimes comes out a different texture. Some of mine are fine, like the majority of my hair, but some are thicker and curly. They’re most noticeable when they’re only a few inches long.

I see them as a manifestation of my rebellious side :)

Wendyclaire
April 7th, 2019, 06:13 PM
I had the same question a while back. My hair is wavy. I’ve got no white dots and few splits. I started getting the same as you described. it’s all new growth but it does get that fuzzy look. I put a little hair spray or mousse on it and it tames down. It is maddening though!

val.
April 12th, 2019, 06:06 AM
I had the same thing happen over the last year. For me, it wasn't about how it looked but how they felt. I would run my hands through my silky smooth hair and one crazy thick hair would catch my eye. I ended up just pulling them out when I found them. I've noticed a few come back, but they stick straight up when growing so I can pull them out easier now. I think it's just hormones that cause it.

spidermom
April 12th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Oh goodness val., don't be pulling out your hairs! It's a bad habit to start.

There are some styling products that smooth down those crazy fly-aways. I often work a curl creme through my hair, and it looks much less frizzy when I do. However, it will need to be washed sooner, so there's that.

val.
April 14th, 2019, 10:07 PM
Oh goodness val., don't be pulling out your hairs! It's a bad habit to start.

I know! But there was only about 10 of them. They were at least 5xs as thick as the rest of my fine hair. They also had a wave pattern and were jet black. The contrast on my naturally straight lighter brown hair was stark. Oddly I also get one of my eyebrow hairs that grows this way too. I found pulling them out is what works best for me.

Cate36
April 15th, 2019, 08:55 PM
I know! But there was only about 10 of them. They were at least 5xs as thick as the rest of my fine hair. They also had a wave pattern and were jet black. The contrast on my naturally straight lighter brown hair was stark. Oddly I also get one of my eyebrow hairs that grows this way too. I found pulling them out is what works best for me.

Pulling out hair doesn't work for anyone.. think about it.. please.. Don't pull them out, if they are new growth, you are pulling out future density.. I am using new products in my hair since damaging it.. some scalp sprays that have ethanol that are helping growth and shedding, so my hair has a dry look at the top after a day of not washing, and the shorter hairs tend to stand out.. but I wouldn't ever pull them out. That really is insanity... if you don't regret it now, you will I promise you. Find a way to tame them as suggested on this thread. Drying with low heat shouldn't be an issue.. Breakage is quite easy to see as the hair has blunt ends as opposed to tapered.. I don't know what else to suggest.. but pulling out is not wise, not recommended, and rather insane IMO.