PDA

View Full Version : Did someone inspire you to grow your hair long?

teacher_mom2
November 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I work with a very sweet, beautiful women who has waist-long hair. Her hair is GORGEOUS. It is light brown, shiny, and very healthy. She wears it down most of the time, which is brave since she teaches pre-k! She has inspired me to grow out my short hair!
Did anyone inspire you?

FB
November 5th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I have had alot of support fiance and others who have beautiful long hair inspire me to keep going.

joyfulmom4
November 5th, 2008, 07:21 PM
You know, I can't say there's one single person who has inspired me to grow my hair long. But I can remember several people in my lifetime who had long hair that I admired and envied. Going all the way back to elementary school, there was a little blond girl there and I wanted her hair SO bad. Then in middle school, I had a friend whose hair I was insanely jealous of. In high school I secretly hated a girl I barely knew b/c I envied her hair so (:o). Then in college, I had a roommate with long wavy hair (hers got wavy by perming it) and I loved her hair so much. Everywhere we went, people admired her hair.

I guess I've just loved long hair all my life. It's so cool to finally have it.

LawyerGirl
November 5th, 2008, 07:29 PM
My boyfriend casually mentioned that he had never seen my hair long.... that was inspiration for me. I missed feeling girly and felt bad he had never known me like that!

Tangles
November 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Well, I always knew I looked and felt better with long hair, but both my grandmothers had long hair all their lives that was usually worn up. And my aunt has hip length hair too, at 44 (she doesn't trim it often enough but it usually looks pretty good).

hipmama1970
November 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Pretty much it was the people in here. I followed a rabbit trail about skin care to the LHC, and after reading around a while I decided to try to grow it out with all the cool hair care information!

:)

Jessikinz
November 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
My friend from elementary and middle school. She had such amazing long golden blonde hair that I admired and envied. Everyday she would come into the classroom with a different hair style. Pigtails, braids, crown braids. Yes, she was very creative and did her own hair. But recently I seen a picture of her, and it is above shoulder length in a curly bob.

teacher_mom2
November 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I never really looked at actresses or singers (even Crystal Gayle). It was always real-life people that inspired me. I like the feminine look of long hair. Because I'm so tall, i think that long hair will make me feel more feminine.

Friesiangirl
November 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Princess Leia. Now, I have found out that her hair was mostly hair pieces at the time, however, when I was little, she was everything I wanted to be. I grew up on Starwars, with all my cousins (all boys!). I was one of the guys and I was nearly happy- I wanted to be girly.

As a gymnast, I've never had my hair very long. Actually, the longest it has ever been was probably APL, but it was a pixie for a long time. Later in my years (12,13,14 and 15) I died my hair to bits. Never blowdried or straightened, but I did a lot of dying--out of a box.

Finally, one day I cut it short short, out of depression mostly, and to look like Samantha Carter from SG1, and died it. Eh. I wasn't happy with it. I started growing for a bit, and cut a bunch more off. I then found this site, and tada. I've had one cut since, and it was just a trim :)

Hayley

carloota
November 5th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I agree that long hair makes me feel more feminine. Also, my sister had waist length hair for most of our childhood. My father cut mine off and I looked like a boy. I always envied my sister's hair when it was long, so she is my inspiration for growing long hair.

Vitalai
November 5th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I found this site a few years back from Google just searching for hair styles, and I was amazed to see so much beautiful, thud-worthy long hair! I've wanted long hair since then, but only started growing seriously recently.

Scrofula
November 6th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Is it narcissistic if I'm inspired by my own hair when I was 18? I was looking through some old photo's and was gobsmacked at my pre raphaelite loveliness....yeah ok THAT is textbook narcissism :blush:

Robbi Dehlinger
November 6th, 2008, 03:02 AM
I fell in love with long hair when i was about 12 and HATED it when someone with it long would cut it!

I could not grow it out because I had to figure out it was OK to admit I was a girl, THEN I wanted to gorw it out!

(I used to close my eyes and imagine what I would look like with long hair)

i knew a lady who was in my choir who had the LOVELIEST hair and face (You can go to www.knack4.com to see what she looks like)

Otherwise everyone here, especially the "super longies" have inspired me to go for knee length:)

Siava
November 6th, 2008, 05:03 AM
My friend, Beth, has been my inspiration. She's at classic length and her hair is lovely. I asked her if she would be weirded out if I grew mine long and she told me I was nuts - she's thrilled and flattered. :)

Sammybunny711
November 6th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Princess Leia was DEFINITELY a hair idol for me. I loved her long hair when I was a little girl and I always wanted to have hair like hers. My adult hair idols are Eowyn and Princess Leia still but mostly you ladies on the LHC!!

jojo
November 6th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I can't think of anybody who inspired me to originally grow long maybe Rapunzel when i was a young girl?

suicides_eve
November 6th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Is it narcissistic if I'm inspired by my own hair when I was 18? I was looking through some old photo's and was gobsmacked at my pre raphaelite loveliness....yeah ok THAT is textbook narcissism :blush:

LOL i know the feeling i look at my hair in pictures when it was past bsl and think about how much i should have done different- definitely makes me wanna grow my hair out to that again- i was one sexy momma:D

Amara
November 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM
No one that I can think of, originally. I've had lots of inspiration to keep going, though, from everyone here. :)

Siava
November 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM

I too can relate to this. When I see pictures of me at 17 with waist-length loveliness, I wonder, "What the heck were you thinking?!" And by that I mean chopping, coloring, and abusing for many years after that. This time is better though. This time it's healthy. :)

Tyrinaniel
November 6th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I believe I was inspired to re-grow my hair because I miss having long hair. After coming here and seeing all the long hair, it made me miss my long hair.