PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this progress?

Moonfall
April 3rd, 2019, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've been active on the forum. Roughly one and a half years ago, I noticed I was shedding a lot of hair (it had been going on for quite a long time) and I discovered my iron levels were really low. I have been taking supplements ever since. I also have some trich tendencies. At the time my iron levels were low, I was also going through a stressful time, which also resulted in me pulling my hair more often. I try not to do it, but it's something I haven't been able to completely let go yet. I was and still am very insecure of my hair, but I absolutely do not want to cut it. I only microtrim every month or so, to keep the same length (please do not tell me to cut it, as I am autistic and my hair length is something that must stay the same... or get longer!). I've been taking pictures for some time now, and I think I can maybe see some growth, but I'm not sure. So please let me know if you think my hair has made progress or not :)

https://ibb.co/1KKKDGWhttps://i.ibb.co/WFFFbvJ/hair-growth.jpg

edit: The last date, 03/04/2018, should be 03/04/2019. I was tired when I made this post :)

Ylva
April 3rd, 2019, 02:15 PM
There has definitely been growth and the thickness is travelling down nicely! :)

Begemot
April 3rd, 2019, 02:19 PM
I see steady progress :) your hair is super pretty!

Lady Stardust
April 3rd, 2019, 02:22 PM
Definite progress, it’s so much thicker!

Luna Starsetta
April 3rd, 2019, 02:30 PM
I have to agree that thickness trickling down. And it seems the over all length has traveled down a bit as well!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 3rd, 2019, 02:35 PM
I see good progress and the thickness is moving down :)

spidermom
April 3rd, 2019, 02:56 PM
I'm having a little trouble with the dates. Your hair looks longest and thickest to me in the photo dated 03/04/2018.

Ylva
April 3rd, 2019, 02:58 PM
I'm having a little trouble with the dates. Your hair looks longest and thickest to me in the photo dated 03/04/2018.

Oh, I didn't even notice the dates. Maybe the one to the right is meant to say 2019 instead?

lapushka
April 3rd, 2019, 03:27 PM
Yes the dates seem to be odd. I would have gone left to right and said, yes it has grown and the thickness has traveled down, which is I think what most people did here. :o

Obsidian
April 3rd, 2019, 06:28 PM
I think the date on the last pic is just a typo, should be 2019 instead of 2018

Moonfall
April 3rd, 2019, 11:51 PM
Oh, that's right haha! I posted this after I'd been working all day, so I was a little tired. But thank you so much for all of these positive comments :grouphug: This really makes me feel more confident and happy about my hair. I knew this would be a safe place to ask for opinions, without getting the unwanted and upsetting advice to cut it.

blvnkness
April 4th, 2019, 07:09 AM
Goodness I love your hair! I'd definitely have to agree with everyone; you've made steady progress! And the thickness is filling out quite nicely! There's much to be proud of :)