PDA

View Full Version : Youtube just suggested me this

March 31st, 2019, 10:52 AM
https://youtu.be/l2I17QfNmkg

For some reason it looks like afro version of parandi from Hazelnussblond blog *laughs*.

blackgothicdoll
March 31st, 2019, 10:58 AM
That turned out super cute! Crochet extensions are a popular style, but people usually use synthetic hair. I love the vibe it has with the yarn, though it isn't a style I'd ever be able to pull off. She was adorable, though. :o

Sarahlabyrinth
March 31st, 2019, 10:59 AM
That's so pretty - but such a lot of work!

milosmomma
March 31st, 2019, 11:05 AM
Wow that's beautiful! It looks like it would be heavy though. One paranda braid(which is probably only 2 or 3 of those rope braids) adds substantial weight to my hair. That would probably give me a sore neck! :lol:

March 31st, 2019, 12:06 PM
Is it paranda or parandi, then? Yup, I remember some vid with fake something (locs maybe? Or braids?) where the girl complained she couldn't sleep... Lol, I can't imagine giving up sleep because the style looks cool.

Yeah Sarah, I don't even twist/braid my own hair because doing more than one or two braids sounds tiring... With fake hair that's even more work.

For some reason I think yarn looks better than actual fake hair! It looks like doll's hair xD. And there are so many cool colors to choose from. I keep thinking it might be unhealthy and drying, though... Maybe I'm overreacting. What do you guys think?

blackgothicdoll
March 31st, 2019, 12:11 PM
Is it paranda or parandi, then? Yup, I remember some vid with fake something (locs maybe? Or braids?) where the girl complained she couldn't sleep... Lol, I can't imagine giving up sleep because the style looks cool.

Yeah Sarah, I don't even twist/braid my own hair because doing more than one or two braids sounds tiring... With fake hair that's even more work.

For some reason I think yarn looks better than actual fake hair! It looks like doll's hair xD. And there are so many cool colors to choose from. I keep thinking it might be unhealthy and drying, though... Maybe I'm overreacting. What do you guys think?

Nope, just 'crochet twists' would be the name of the style. She just did it with yarn instead of hair. Some people also do yarn twists, done like senegalese twists except with yarn instead of synthetic hair. I've also wondered the same, whether the yarn would be damaging to the hair? Especially in weaving it through the way that she did. Not to mention if it is touching her scalp... I think yarn on my sweaty scalp would give me a rash. Might just be a per-person thing, I've seen some crazy hairstyles and some people do believe beauty is pain. :o whatever works for them.

Aeonian
March 31st, 2019, 02:04 PM
It looks really cute, but how would you wash that crochet hair? Take it out?

April 1st, 2019, 02:56 AM
I don't know, I guess you could WO wash it just fine? Or no?

SwanFeathers
April 1st, 2019, 07:44 AM
Braided styles can be great, but I think some people get in deeper than they can swim. If you have short hair and arent usually in braids, the extra weight can be extremely painful. Your scalp is having to do some heavy lifting it isnt trained for. But of you are already acustomed to the weight (and you threaten the stylist so they dont do it too tight) you have a low manipulation style that can help take the stress off your hair. I've been using them to fight off the urge to trim (no trim challenge.)

Lizabeth94
April 1st, 2019, 09:18 AM
I think those look gorgeous! I wish I could pull them off!

BerrySara
April 1st, 2019, 10:55 AM
I think the style looked super awesome as well! Imagine the colors and variety you could achieve. The downside is all the work it takes but hey I think she rocked it.