PDA

View Full Version : My hair got ripped off but not at the root, just mid way. Will it grow?

Sweetalexandria
March 30th, 2019, 12:52 PM
So I had a nice shirt but with the most irritating button that catches up my hair and made a impossible little knot that I couldn’t get out of. So I told my mum to help and rip off the hair. It didn’t get pulled out from the root but from the middle, so the hair just got shorter when it got yanked out from my waist length hair.

Its a small piece of hair but my question is how dies pulled out hair not from the root grow back?. Will that portion of hair grow back and have split ends?. It’s not a big deal but it did make me very annoyed as I hate to rip hair off.

Ylva
March 30th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Do you mean that the hair broke and part of it came off?

It should keep growing as usual until it reaches the end of its growth cycle and falls out. Soon after, a new hair will take its place.

lapushka
March 30th, 2019, 01:13 PM
It will just keep growing. You just shortened it, is all. Didn't you have scissors? Dear God. Why rip?

ynne
March 30th, 2019, 01:41 PM
So I had a nice shirt but with the most irritating button that catches up my hair and made a impossible little knot that I couldn’t get out of. So I told my mum to help and rip off the hair.

Pulling out hair like that had to hurt, if that ever happens again, wouldn't cutting the hair strand be easier? :x It had to stretch a lot and then break in the middle, you can inspect it if the new ends look damaged and need further trimming or if they're ok.
As for the button, can you take it out and replace it with something? It's a shame to give up a shirt you really like, but I guess you'd rather avoid further incidents.