PDA

View Full Version : What's your set up?

SwanFeathers
March 27th, 2019, 08:32 AM
I was frustratedly shuffingly my mason jars of hair ties/other toys around, gumbling about not being able to find anything, when my husband calmly looked in on me.
Husband: "why dont we just get you one of those cabinets with the mirror?"
Me: "you mean a vanity?"
Husband: "yeah. I mean, you use the old-timey stuff, didnt women used to have a place to store it all?"
So now I'm hunting for a vanity Lol.

What kind of set up do you have to style your hair and store your tools? Is your stuff scattered around the house, or is it enshrined in its own space?

Tinyponies
March 27th, 2019, 08:55 AM
I havent got much at the moment and can’t envision needing much more, I store it all in an old vintage cigar box.

I would love to have a nice old dressing table with mirror and drawers and a kind of desk space. One with the little stool and space for legs under it! Happy hunting :D

HaMalka
March 27th, 2019, 09:07 AM
I am currently splitting my time between two locations.

In location #1 my hair stuff is split between boxes/vase/vanity drawers on top of my dresser, the bathroom counter, and my bedside table. Everyday sticks live in the vase, ribbons live in the drawers, and my fancy hair sticks, clips, ponytails, etc live in the variety of boxes. The bathroom has my shower hair stick, some ponytails, hairpins and comb. My brush, U-pins, 1 hair stick, and a ponytail holder live on my bedside table.

In location #2 my things are left out on top of the dresser. I keep far less stuff here. My sticks are layed out in color order. My u-pins are in the box they came in and my very few fancy things are in my jewelry box.

Begemot
March 27th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Our bathroom is tiny so there's just no room there to store many products. I keep my daily products there but the stash is in my closet. I have just a big basket where I throw everything. I could try make my life easier and come up with a better solution :rolleyes: :D Interested to see if many here have vanities or other cool ways to store their products! On Reddit they take "shelfies" of their skin care products/current routines, maybe that could be done here too.

blackgothicdoll
March 27th, 2019, 09:32 AM
I have a small vanity, but the mirror is too small and dark for me to actually do my hair or make up in. I need to invest in some bright lights to put over the mirror. I store my few hair sticks in the drawers there, but it's mostly for my lotions and creams. Instead, I have one of those over-toilet stands in my bathroom, and I have some wicker baskets that sit at the top that I toss my scrunchies, clips, combs, brushes and satin scarves in. Not very organized but it keeps all those things in reach, and that's where I usually am when I'm messing with my hair. I do prefer the vanity because I get to sit down. :o

lapushka
March 27th, 2019, 11:24 AM
I just have my space in the bathroom. The cupboard next to my mirror is filled with hair stuff, and then I have plastic drawers on my standing cabinet. I have enough. :o

lithostoic
March 27th, 2019, 04:11 PM
My hair ties and bobby pins that I don't use a lot are in small ziploc bags. My hair ties that I use a lot are in my fold-out wooden cube. My hair sticks and claw clips I don't use a lot are in a makeup organizer bag and my most commonly used sticks/forks are in my work bag and in a cup on my desk.

milosmomma
March 27th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Our bathroom is tiny so there's just no room there to store many products. I keep my daily products there but the stash is in my closet. I have just a big basket where I throw everything. I could try make my life easier and come up with a better solution :rolleyes: :D Interested to see if many here have vanities or other cool ways to store their products! On Reddit they take "shelfies" of their skin care products/current routines, maybe that could be done here too.
I have a tiny bathroom with closet stash as well. My hair toy shelf is crudely organized in a basket with smaller baskets inside to keep things neat but it all just gets thrown in and I'm digging for a specific toy so it's never neat. I'd have to straighten up for a "shelfie" :lol:
Water/humidity proof toys are in a coffee cup on the bathroom sink. Oils and conditioners are under the bathroom sink. Some are in the kitchen because they double for cooking. I have a drawer in the bathroom for hair ties, cheap claw clips, brushes and bobbies and such.

Groovy Granny
March 27th, 2019, 04:27 PM
I use the bathroom but mostly use the mirror above my small dresser to style my hair, where I have my hair toys nestled in glass jars on the top.
In 1 drawer below I have misc. supplies like claws, ties, brushes etc all within easy reach.
My often used products are on a shelf in the shower; extras are on the shelf in a closet.

Natalia_A00
March 27th, 2019, 07:59 PM
My mother has a small vintage vanity (I think it is her grandma's) in her room. It's cute but I never see her using it! I would like having one, or maybe a big closet or something to store my hair products

Caraid♫
March 27th, 2019, 08:43 PM
I don't have many hair toys anymore but I keep them in my jewelry armoire- there's way more space in it than I have jewelry, so I have a drawer just for hair forks and sticks.
Good luck in your hunt for the perfect vanity! I love vanities, they are so glamorous! Maybe you can find something vintage!
My dresser has a gigantic mirror on it so it's kinda like a vanity, but unfortunately the dresser top is relegated to housing my keyboard and piles of sheet music so I can't put any vanity like things on it. My bedroom seconds as music studio- we're a little short on space! :p

languagenut
March 27th, 2019, 09:59 PM
My hair sticks and forks are in various containers on the desk, bookshelf, and dresser in my bedroom. And the larger Flexis are on hooks under the bookshelf. While the hairbrushes and mirror are in the bathroom. So after I get dressed, I select my hair toy of the day, and bring it with me to the bathroom, so it's not that inconvenient of an arrangement.

The drawers in the bathroom have some hair accessories - scrunchies, barrettes, head scarves, ponytail holders, bobby pins... but I don't use them very often so I tend to forget they exist. Meanwhile my makeup (which I also don't use very often; every other week or so) is scattered all over the dresser, far from any large mirror or decent light source, and is accompanied by a tiny round mirror that officially belongs on my desk, but keeps getting put back with the makeup... that arrangement probably should be changed! :lol:

In short, I don't have anything that could properly be deemed a "set up"; more of a haphazard jumble, probably somewhat like OPs :p.

Dark40
March 29th, 2019, 04:44 PM
I use my bathroom cabinet for the majority of my hair stuff. I also have boxes of hair stuff underneath my bed as well. I have bags or rollers and bobby pins that I don't use much packed in my bedroom.

vpatt
March 30th, 2019, 06:22 AM
Just like all my things ....scattered between here and eternity.

SwanFeathers
March 30th, 2019, 08:09 AM
My hair sticks and forks are in various containers on the desk, bookshelf, and dresser in my bedroom. And the larger Flexis are on hooks under the bookshelf. While the hairbrushes and mirror are in the bathroom. So after I get dressed, I select my hair toy of the day, and bring it with me to the bathroom, so it's not that inconvenient of an arrangement.

The drawers in the bathroom have some hair accessories - scrunchies, barrettes, head scarves, ponytail holders, bobby pins... but I don't use them very often so I tend to forget they exist. Meanwhile my makeup (which I also don't use very often; every other week or so) is scattered all over the dresser, far from any large mirror or decent light source, and is accompanied by a tiny round mirror that officially belongs on my desk, but keeps getting put back with the makeup... that arrangement probably should be changed! :lol:

In short, I don't have anything that could properly be deemed a "set up"; more of a haphazard jumble, probably somewhat like OPs :p.

I think most of us are working in a haphazard jumble, myself included! :)
For its all about sharing the space. My husband has contained all his insect collection and preservation equipment (entomologist) I feel like I shouldn't take over the entire space with my hair hobby.