PDA

View Full Version : Can you shed too much without noticing?

Cate36
March 26th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Hi All... I have gone through massive shedding in the recent past.. in Jan.. thankfully I'm now recovered and shed (or at least think I do) very little. Very little when I shower, and throughout the day.. Maybe at most 30 hairs.. at least 15-20 that I notice.
Sometimes I run my hands through my hair and get a couple of hairs, sometimes nothing.

I wash my hair every couple of days on average, and get about 17 hairs when detangling whilst wet.. However, I am still worried.. partly because when I bend down (where my dressing table is) and check the carpet, there is a lot of hair on it..

I can't work out if it is old hair, or new hair (the vacuum is rubbish at picking up hair), or if I am shedding a lot more and do not realise it. Is that possible?

At one point I put a sheet by the dressing table to see if I shed on that.. and noticed nothing.. so removed the sheet..but I just checked the floor, and it seems there is a lot of hair on it.. BUT I am not shedding when I run my hands through my hair..
When I went through it in Jan it was un-mistakable.. hair falling all the time.. so I am not experiencing that.. but.. I don't know.. sometimes my hair does feel thinner.... I just don't know.. I don't measure my pony tail circumference, so have no point of reference.. has anyone been through what I am explaining before?

LadyCelestina
March 27th, 2019, 12:21 AM
There's always a LOT of hair on my carpet, and I never notice shedding either - when I run my hands through my hair, nothing comes out. Don't worry I'd say :) o

sophia_
March 28th, 2019, 05:14 PM
I lost an inch off of my ponytail a few years ago and never noticed until I measured again- I didn't notice clumps of hair, either, it must have been really gradual.

lapushka
March 28th, 2019, 05:20 PM
17 hairs is nothing. 30 hairs is nothing. I think you are worrying *far* too much. :flower:

Cate36
March 28th, 2019, 05:27 PM
17 hairs is nothing. 30 hairs is nothing. I think you are worrying *far* too much. :flower:

Maybe.. I'm doing everything right.. being gentle and patient, eating v v well, and using natural products to stimulate growth...I think I am losing less because of what happened in Jan.. when everything was synchronised in terms of the shed. I am just So wary that it doesn't happen again.. and would hate to think I'm getting thinner without noticing.. hopefully I am just worrying too much.

The last few years I gave thinned from where I was 5-6 years ago. I didn't notice that loss at all.. just noticed that my hair was thinner.., but I was not focused on it at all.. I just didn't worry.. accepted it.. now I am very focused.. and my goal is to get back to where i was just this time last year..

Thank you for the replies Xx

lapushka
March 28th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Maybe.. I'm doing everything right.. being gentle and patient, eating v v well, and using natural products to stimulate growth...I think I am losing less because of what happened in Jan.. when everything was synchronised in terms of the shed. I am just So wary that it doesn't happen again.. and would hate to think I'm getting thinner without noticing.. hopefully I am just worrying too much.

The last few years I gave thinned from where I was 5-6 years ago. I didn't notice that loss at all.. just noticed that my hair was thinner.., but I was not focused on it at all.. I just didn't worry.. accepted it.. now I am very focused.. and my goal is to get back to where i was just this time last year..

You can't do more than you are already doing, and you've come a long way as to the progress you've made. I would not worry too much. Just keep being gentle with the hair, keep a tiny eye on it (don't let it get to you too much) and it will get you to your goals.

milosmomma
March 28th, 2019, 09:07 PM
It sounds right to me that you are losing less daily after a big shed. I have experienced similar after post partum shedding but I went from losing over 100 a day back to my normal 25 to 50 currently. It takes a long time for those big sheds to grow out. Right now my new growth is only a few months old and maybe 3 inches long. It looks like bangs in the front for idea of length.
I would agree that worrying wont help and to just continue your good hair habits, hair is a slow process but you will get there :)