PDA

View Full Version : 1 year on LHC

Elizabeth E
March 25th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Hi All

I'm sooo excited to be celebrating a year on the long hair community! I honestly can't believe it's been only a year - it feels like much longer. (When you're trying to grow hair, time seems to pass very slowly).

I want to thank you all for your kind, encouraging words and awesome hair advice - this is the place I always come when I'm in need of hair inspiration. I officially started growing my hair in middle October 2017, but wasn't really treating my hair so well (I would still straighten it every 2 weeks and wore it down all the time). So I decided to join here, which has turned out to be the best decision I could have made for my hair.

Things I learned from LHC:
- wear your hair up (I usually tell people that this is the single greatest secret to hair growth and length retention)
- avoid heat/chemicals (I've never had chemicals like dye on my hair, but have since quit the straightening and blowdrying)
- embrace your natural texture (my routine is so much easier now that I no longer have to fight my texture)
- trim only when needed (I haven't done anything but S & D in the past four months, but my hair feels great)
- don't wash too often (once a week is enough for me)
- and of course, oil your hair

I made a post when I reached one year of growing my hair, but only seven months on LHC. Here's the link in case you're interested: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=147894&page=4&p=3605903#post3605903
But now I've been on here for a year, and seventeen months into growing my hair. Here's a picture of the self-trim I did in August 2017, shortly before I started growing:
https://imgur.com/8QQ9w1g

In October 2017, when I started growing my hair:
https://imgur.com/ShcPvC7

Shortly after joining here a year ago:
https://imgur.com/kwbTpmd

And today (compare this to the first picture)
https://imgur.com/cRAyTAj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZhAacYSJjk

Begemot
March 25th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Congrats for your first year here! You made great progress and your hair looks so pretty :toast: :blossom:

lapushka
March 25th, 2019, 08:24 AM
And today (compare this to the first picture)
https://imgur.com/cRAyTAj

If that is your natural texture, that is definitely not 1c/2a. More like 2b/c, or even 2c.

Maybe it's time for some hairtyping pictures? ;)

Anyway, congratulations on 1 year of growth, you came a long way, and it shows!
Your hair looks amazing!!!

Rhodugune
March 25th, 2019, 08:53 AM
Happy Hair anniversary! How it has grown, your texture is just lovely and it shows that you learned a lot about caring for your hair. :flowers:

Sarahlabyrinth
March 25th, 2019, 08:58 AM
That's wonderful progress, and such happy hair! Happy 1st hairiversary :D

itskate
March 25th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Your hair is so pretty!! I love the color and the curls showing though in there. I can't wait to be where you are! :)

BerrySara
March 25th, 2019, 09:34 AM
I agree with others, your progress is great and your texture and length are lovely! Happy one year anniversary!

meteor
March 25th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Wow, that's really great progress! :cheer: Such lovely hair! And I love that list of things you do to your hair, too. Happy Hairiversary, Elizabeth E! :toast:

Simpscone
March 25th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Wow - what an incredible difference! Your hair looks amazing!

Elizabeth E
March 25th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Aw, thank you everyone :love:

If that is your natural texture, that is definitely not 1c/2a. More like 2b/c, or even 2c.

Maybe it's time for some hairtyping pictures? ;)

Anyway, congratulations on 1 year of growth, you came a long way, and it shows!
Your hair looks amazing!!!

My hair has a mind of its own when it comes to texture - most of the time (especially from the second day post-wash) it's much, much straighter, which is why I type it as 1c/2a. It's only right after washing and drying when it curls a lot and today it curled even more than usual. Maybe because I did an oil treatment earlier? But I will post pictures for hair typing soon.

Thank you itskate and meteor. Finding what works for your specific head of hair can take a while, but it's worth it.

milosmomma
March 25th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Wow incredible job! You've come so far and you look great :)

Caerulea
March 25th, 2019, 11:36 AM
That’s so awesome! Congratulations and fingers crossed for many more years of happy hair!

MoonRabbit
March 25th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Amazing progress! I love your color :crush:

Groovy Granny
March 25th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Congrats ~ it looks great :applause

gingerninja
March 25th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Congratulations on the year, your hair looks amazing and you've come so far. What is your goal length?

lithostoic
March 25th, 2019, 06:03 PM
WOW it's gorgeous! You've come a long way! And hair typing is supposed to be the texture right after a wash :) I think all of us experience loosening of texture between washes.

milosmomma
March 25th, 2019, 10:25 PM
WOW it's gorgeous! You've come a long way! And hair typing is supposed to be the texture right after a wash :) I think all of us experience loosening of texture between washes.

I can second the loosening of texture.

Elizabeth E
March 26th, 2019, 01:22 AM
Thank you all!

That’s so awesome! Congratulations and fingers crossed for many more years of happy hair!

Yes, I'm very excited to see what my hair will look like a few years (or even just a year!) from now.

Amazing progress! I love your color :crush:

I've started mixing Amla and Bhringraj powders into my hair oil, both of which claim to deepen the colour of your hair. I suppose it's working?

Congratulations on the year, your hair looks amazing and you've come so far. What is your goal length?

My goal is a solid knee-length, which is 135cm/53 inches on me. If my hair continues growing at the rate it does, it should take three more years to get there.

I think I'll change my hair typing to 2b/2c then because that's what it is right after a wash. Thanks for the info!

lapushka
March 26th, 2019, 05:04 PM
My hair has a mind of its own when it comes to texture - most of the time (especially from the second day post-wash) it's much, much straighter, which is why I type it as 1c/2a. It's only right after washing and drying when it curls a lot and today it curled even more than usual. Maybe because I did an oil treatment earlier? But I will post pictures for hair typing soon.

Your real texture is the texture you get after washing, waves and curls always sag towards the next wash, and so "texture loss" is normal but you should not type your hair at that point. :flower:

Corvana
March 26th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Gorgeous!! Happy hairniversary!

Elizabeth E
March 27th, 2019, 01:46 AM
Your real texture is the texture you get after washing, waves and curls always sag towards the next wash, and so "texture loss" is normal but you should not type your hair at that point. :flower:

I didn't know that when I initially did my hair typing. But I've changed it to 2b/2c now.