PDA

View Full Version : There are ways to make the hair grow faster?

P90
March 21st, 2019, 02:27 PM
Yesterday I let my aunt to give me a haircut and despite the fact that I told her to just use a special hair cut clipper I brought that can shorten my hair without making it too short(I am a man but I like having long hair) she pushed me quite aggressively(she is very aggressive and loud person in general) into letting her cutting it shorter and shorter even after I made it clear that I think that is already short enough for me while she kept cutting it shorter. I felt bad with arguing with her cause she gave me free hair cut(which doesn't worth a nickel to be honest) and the rest of my family pushed me into doing this for my brother's wedding but I only agreed for making my hair somewhat shorter and not into having my hair being cut into the length of around 2 centimeters on top of my head.

How much time it will take for my hair to get to a length of about 6 centimeters from its current length of 2 centimeters? how fast hair usually
grow for you?. Is there a way to accelerate the hair growth rate? somebody here tried something like that?.

I am angry about what she did to me and I am also angry about her attitude in general. she think that men shouldn't have long hair(only around 15-20 centimeters which is what I had before she ruined my hair) and it isn't just wrong she also completely ignored my opinion over my own hair and if it isn't enough she think that
Dreadlocks is the only way long hair can be suitable for a man...

Groovy Granny
March 21st, 2019, 02:45 PM
I am sorry that happened to you; it is especially delicate seeing it is a family member that cut it!

Patience is your best bet as hair typically grows 1/2 inch per month on average +/-

Just take good care of it as it grows, avoiding damaging actions (heat, bleach etc).

It is curious that she likes dreads but cut off any options for you to have them ;)

In the future, I would only use trusted people for trims, and when you can....do it yourself.

I hope you can heal your relationship; stay busy so the focus is off your hair for now.

milosmomma
March 21st, 2019, 02:48 PM
Sadly no. There's no way to make your hair grow faster. I'm sorry she didn't listen to your wishes and cut more than you wanted. I wouldn't go back to her for another haircut. I'm not sure how it is with really short hair but I've been cutting and trimming my own hair for about 8 years. Maybe look into trimming yourself for shorter styles. You probably wont need a trim for quite a while anyways.
The best thing to do is just be patient(I know hard!) But your hair will grow about 6 inches a year, give or take. When I used to measure my hair it was growing 8 inches roughly a year. Best of luck, and happy growing.

meteor
March 21st, 2019, 03:09 PM
Double post, sorry. :oops:

meteor
March 21st, 2019, 03:10 PM
Yesterday I let my aunt to give me a haircut and despite the fact that I told her to just use a special hair cut clipper I brought that can shorten my hair without making it too short(I am a man but I like having long hair) she pushed me quite aggressively(she is very aggressive and loud person in general) into letting her cutting it shorter and shorter even after I made it clear that I think that is already short enough for me while she kept cutting it shorter. I felt bad with arguing with her cause she gave me free hair cut(which doesn't worth a nickel to be honest) and the rest of my family pushed me into doing this for my brother's wedding but I only agreed for making my hair somewhat shorter and not into having my hair being cut into the length of around 2 centimeters on top of my head.

How much time it will take for my hair to get to a length of about 6 centimeters from its current length of 2 centimeters? how fast hair usually grow for you?. Is there a way to accelerate the hair growth rate? somebody here tried something like that?.

I am angry about what she did to me and I am also angry about her attitude in general. she think that men shouldn't have long hair(only around 15-20 centimeters which is what I had before she ruined my hair) and it isn't just wrong she also completely ignored my opinion over my own hair and if it isn't enough she think that Dreadlocks is the only way long hair can be suitable for a man...

Hair grows about 6'' a year, but there might be some variations depending on health status, etc etc...

I know this is not a psychology forum, but I found the parts I bolded particularly important to address. Having your hair cut much shorter against your explicit wishes just because of your family wanting this for your brother's wedding is something that you might want to look into stopping. Enforcing your boundaries very explicitly might be extremely uncomfortable (and might meet a lot of resistance and even some conflict) but it may be the most important long-term thing you can do to ensure your hair is as long as you want it to be (and you might see other even more significant benefits like others respecting your boundaries and your autonomy).

There are no miracle treatments that will grow your hair massively overnight, but not backing down to other people's out of line pressure to cut it when you don't want to cut it and good old patience will get you there.

Sorry for being so wordy :oops:, but I just think that this approach will really help in the future, since it's the long game that counts with hair growth. :flower:

lapushka
March 21st, 2019, 03:24 PM
meteor is right. Hair grows 6 inches a year on average, so 1/2 inch a month. There are no miracles and don't throw money away trying to believe the miracles out there, because in the end, IMMHO it does more harm than good.

It will have to grow back in from scratch (well, 2 cm). Sadly.

Cate36
March 21st, 2019, 11:10 PM
There are proven ways to make hair grow faster.. or rather maximise your personal growth rate.. Some of the ways that have worked to increase my growth include - High quality protein diet (avocados, eggs, almonds, bananas, and plenty of water etc form the main bulk of my diet), vitamins hair supplements inc collagen and bamboo, high dose of Vit C also really helped me), inversion technique, scalp massage, Bondi Boost products have been really effective on my hair (google the reviews https://bondiboost.com.au/ - they have a growth range, the spray is v good and not too expensive), plenty of sleep.. hair grows most when we sleep from the research I have studied. There are various essential oils you can try (all invluded in the Bondi Boost products).. If you can get more than 1/2 inch a month you're doing really well..

ynne
March 21st, 2019, 11:40 PM
First of all, I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. It's awful to knowingly ignore someone's wishes like that, especially about their own hair. I had hairdressers cut my hair too short (and straighten it against my will), but there, it was just a crappy, unprofessional service; coming from a close person, I bet that makes the situation even more complicated to navigate.

I'd like to second the suggestion to do scalp massages; it may not do much, but it's still great for your scalp & hair. :) It can even be relaxing! And better than investing in miracle-promising products.

(On a side note, I find it interesting that no one converted their measurements to cm. :D It's not that it'd be hard to do for OP, it's just that inches usually don't really say anything to a person who uses metric system. :))

MoonChildCurls
March 21st, 2019, 11:45 PM
Sorry that happened! I've had luck with the inversion method lately for boosted growth. Might be something to look into. :)

illicitlizard
March 22nd, 2019, 07:05 AM
Sorry that your family fully disrespected your boundaries like that. Unfortunately yeah there's nothing that can make your hair grow miraculously fast. Some people have found success with scalp massages/inversion method at least anecdotally but I wouldn't spend money on supplements etc. assuming you have a balanced diet already. Other than that, just wait it out.

For 6cm of growth at an 'average' growth rate of ~1.3cm a month it should take ~5 months. To get to an overall length of somewhere between 15-20cm it'll be around a year. Though it's likely your actual growth rate will differ from the average so all of these numbers are very approximate and it may take more or less time to reach your goals.

P90
March 22nd, 2019, 01:11 PM
Sorry that your family fully disrespected your boundaries like that. Unfortunately yeah there's nothing that can make your hair grow miraculously fast. Some people have found success with scalp massages/inversion method at least anecdotally but I wouldn't spend money on supplements etc. assuming you have a balanced diet already. Other than that, just wait it out.

For 6cm of growth at an 'average' growth rate of ~1.3cm a month it should take ~5 months. To get to an overall length of somewhere between 15-20cm it'll be around a year. Though it's likely your actual growth rate will differ from the average so all of these numbers are very approximate and it may take more or less time to reach your goals.
what is that massages/inversion method? its something that actually worked for somebody?.

meteor
March 22nd, 2019, 01:25 PM
what is that massages/inversion method? its something that actually worked for somebody?.

There is an ongoing thread on the Inversion Method: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121008&page=57

Scalp massages can be pretty helpful, too, especially for improving blood circulation to scalp temporarily. They should be pretty regular for best results. And they can be easier to do on shorter hair (easier to reach all parts of scalp). I just wouldn't expect miracles from it. :flower: You could even use some anti-fungal oils with it, as well, like neem oil or diluted (in carrier oil) tea tree, rosemary, peppermint (here's an interesting study: Peppermint Oil Promotes Hair Growth without Toxic Signs - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/), etc. Scalp oils can work really well on dry scalps, but I'd definitely avoid them if you ever have excessive oiliness or any history of seborrheic dermatitis. Massaging scalp can help circulation but tends to increase oiliness a little bit on some people, that's just to warn you. :)

But I wouldn't overthink it, waiting for hair to grow can be like watching paint dry, and stimulating scalp too much may not be even such a good thing in all situations - not much is researched, and there are way too many reports of triggered shedding (as well as growth) from "stimulating" treatments, like coffee or garlic out there. Hair grows at pretty much the same rate, even if you do nothing at all.

Good luck! I hope your hair grows fast! :D

Cate36
March 22nd, 2019, 07:21 PM

As well as the thread here, google it, there are a lot of videos online.. I invert without massaging and oil because if I put any oil close to my hair it weighs it down and I have to wash before leaving the house.. I try and avoid any scalp manipulation for personal reasons, inversion gets blood to the scalp effectively enough in my opinion, I hang off the bed.. But honestly, diet is THE most important, and takes time to work.. 3 months to register vitamin changes in the blood stream. Take a good supplement.. I use this.. has been v good.. https://www.mhra.com.au/shop/help-hair-protein-shake/ ..