PDA

View Full Version : Hair fresh longer

Shigure
March 18th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Do you have any tips for hair staying fresh longer that does not involve dry shampo??

TatsuOni
March 18th, 2019, 11:11 AM
For me a BBB works. Not everyone's hairs like it though.

Shigure
March 18th, 2019, 11:14 AM
For me a BBB works. Not everyone's hairs like it though.

Mine don't. I have very fragile hair. I've tried WO for about 9 months. BB brush and all required mechanical manipulation made my braid lot thinner from breakage.

TatsuOni
March 18th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Mine don't. I have very fragile hair. I've tried WO for about 9 months. BB brush and all required mechanical manipulation made my braid lot thinner from breakage.

Scalp wash could be an option if you are ready to wash more often, but doesn't want to wash all of your hair. Otherwise I have no idea, but someone else might have better suggestions :)

Shigure
March 18th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Scalp wash could be an option if you are ready to wash more often, but doesn't want to wash all of your hair. Otherwise I have no idea, but someone else might have better suggestions :)

I am sensitive to many chemicals. I won't do scalp wash out of fear that some shampoo may stay on my scalp.
Also I've tried it. y the end on scalp wash all my hair are wet anyway. I am bad at this :)
Ths weekend I was suppose to do henna root touchups. I ve done full length colorin becuse I am bad in handling my own hair.

Shigure
March 18th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Accidental double post

Reyn127
March 18th, 2019, 12:55 PM
Something that helps for me is to touch my scalp less in between wash days. Every day I’ll touch my scalp a little to get my hair combed out, but I’ve noticed that if I scratch/preen/rub my scalp more, it seems to release/stimulate the oil a little, making my hair greasy a few days earlier than normal.

Is your scalp ok with stretching washes, by the way? If it’s an aesthetic thing and nothing else works, you could maybe just pull your hair back when it appears oily. But it your scalp FEELS like it wants to be washed, you should do it as often as needed so you don’t get any scalp fungus problems.

Ylva
March 18th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Can anyone recommend a "gentle" BBB (if there is such a thing) that could work well for finer hair?

lapushka
March 18th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Something that helps for me is to touch my scalp less in between wash days. Every day I’ll touch my scalp a little to get my hair combed out, but I’ve noticed that if I scratch/preen/rub my scalp more, it seems to release/stimulate the oil a little, making my hair greasy a few days earlier than normal.

Is your scalp ok with stretching washes, by the way? If it’s an aesthetic thing and nothing else works, you could maybe just pull your hair back when it appears oily. But it your scalp FEELS like it wants to be washed, you should do it as often as needed so you don’t get any scalp fungus problems.

That works for me too; and is partly also the reason I don't comb or brush during the week. I just grab and twist up into a bun - that's it day to day.

Leaving it alone as much as you can, works for me too.

lithostoic
March 18th, 2019, 04:02 PM
I massage my scalp lightly before bed to let the oil soak into my hair overnight.

meteor
March 18th, 2019, 04:12 PM
I like wearing silky scarf to bed and while cleaning, for example, just to prevent any dirt/oil transfer, etc.
I also like scalp-only washes or washing just the hairline with shampoo diluted in water, just to tide me over between full washes.