PDA

View Full Version : Egg masks : how often ?

GoldenRussian
March 15th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Hi, getting back on track, and started putting an egg in my oil mix. How often ? I remember hearing too much protein applied on hair was bad ?

Ylva
March 15th, 2019, 03:17 PM
The hair is unlikely to be able to get very much if any protein from the egg due to the protein not being hydrolysed and thus too big. So I suppose you're not in great danger of getting too much protein out of it. Me, I tried an egg mask once, and it was too much of a PITA to wash off to be worth any possible benefits at all.

milosmomma
March 15th, 2019, 03:37 PM
I add mayonnaise to my SMT masks sometimes because it has eggs. I never thought about the protein needing to be hydrolised in order to penetrate but it makes sense now that my protein sensitive hair never seems to get overload when using it.

GoldenRussian
March 17th, 2019, 05:12 PM
The hair is unlikely to be able to get very much if any protein from the egg due to the protein not being hydrolysed and thus too big. So I suppose you're not in great danger of getting too much protein out of it. Me, I tried an egg mask once, and it was too much of a PITA to wash off to be worth any possible benefits at all.

I wash it head upside down with fresh water, not warm, and it helps :) However it does have an good effect on my mane.