PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please

timeschild
March 12th, 2019, 02:09 AM
Inam thinking of getting bangs possibly. With my hair at this length it just feels like I need bangs to frame my face maybe and I would like some advice on if I should and what kind. Pic in my avatar is what the front of my hair looks like

priinnz
March 12th, 2019, 03:33 AM
Hi timeschild, you have pretty hair there. I think some face framing layers that are longer than your ears may enhance the softness of your face and will look good. However layers and bangs always make my hair look much thinner. If you are okay with that then do go for it.

timeschild
March 12th, 2019, 04:08 AM
Hi timeschild, you have pretty hair there. I think some face framing layers that are longer than your ears may enhance the softness of your face and will look good. However layers and bangs always make my hair look much thinner. If you are okay with that then do go for it.

Thanks now I just have to find a person where I live I trust with my hair or save up to go to Austin San Antonio area where my friend lives she is like one of two people I trust that is not me to touch my hair.

Nini
March 12th, 2019, 04:20 AM
I think it looks fine as it is. But sure, if you want bangs and don't mind either maintaining or having them catch up with the rest of your growth go for it.

paulownia
March 12th, 2019, 04:25 AM
I think you would look great with bangs. I can recommend curtain bangs, they work great with longer wavy hair.

lapushka
March 12th, 2019, 06:51 AM
With i/ii hair, I would not get bangs. My mom is a i now, a i/ii at that time in her life; she had bangs for a while in her 40s, she barely had hair left. She wore it up in a bee butt bun at BSL, because she could at that length with the little hair she had left. :shrug:

It's up to you, though. Just thought I'd share that tidbit.

timeschild
March 12th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the input

spidermom
March 12th, 2019, 07:33 AM
I have the same thought as lapushka. With hair thickness of i/ii, I think you need all your hair adding to the thickness at the ends. Ends tend to thin out as it gains length anyway, even with regular trims, and you have a very long goal. Plus your face looks very nice without bangs.

lapushka
March 12th, 2019, 08:05 AM
I have the same thought as lapushka. With hair thickness of i/ii, I think you need all your hair adding to the thickness at the ends. Ends tend to thin out as it gains length anyway, even with regular trims, and you have a very long goal. Plus your face looks very nice without bangs.

1/ ends do thin out if you gain more and more length, so there's that
2/ you do look very nice without the bangs

In all honesty, I'd leave it alone. If you feel bored with your hair, I would try and find something else to put your "energy" towards, like get yourself a new hairtoy or so. But I would not start messing with your hair in any way shape or form.

Deborah
March 12th, 2019, 11:00 AM
I think you look better without bangs, as your face is shaped nicely.

timeschild
March 12th, 2019, 11:08 AM
I think you look better without bangs, as your face is shaped nicely.
Ahhhh I’m so happy that’s two compliments. One about me having pretty hair. Something that people in real life have really yet to say.

And two I have a nicely shaped face. Which I take to mean I am pretty. Haha makes me feel a lot better about myself. Have been feeling not so great doing over night shift for work which has made me super tired and you can tell.

cjk
March 12th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Each of us is our own worst critic. Looking at your photo I don't see something that would require bangs, though I definitely understand the desire to change it up.

Ultimately it comes down to asking yourself whether this is just a whim, or something you actually want.

Two week rule. Consider the decision for a while, the good and the bad, and decide then.

BTW, Austin and San Antonio? Where in Texas are you? I'm north of Dallas, up by the Oklahoma border.

timeschild
March 12th, 2019, 12:24 PM
The land of oil field and Friday night lights was filmed here. And hero’s was supposed to be here but they had trees and stuff on hero’s we ain’t got trees here just dirt and misquete trees.

Haven
March 12th, 2019, 03:45 PM
I've seen clip-in bangs sold online before; maybe you'd want to consider ordering a pair for some harmless experimentation to see if you like the look? :)

cjk
March 12th, 2019, 04:30 PM
The land of oil field and Friday night lights was filmed here. And hero’s was supposed to be here but they had trees and stuff on hero’s we ain’t got trees here just dirt and misquete trees.

Odessa and Midland ARE beautiful, in a totally different way.

I second the suggestion for clip in bangs. That way you can have your cake and eat it too.

Dante
March 12th, 2019, 04:40 PM
I agree with the previous comments that you don't 'need' bangs, but totally is something you can do if you want to. What's your texture though? You look a little wavy in your pic, which may mean bangs may be a bit of work if you want them to lie flat. It's not that they aren't doable and can't look great, but for me (2a/b), bangs go in a million different directions and tend to frizz (particularly in the heart and humidity where I live) because of my wave. I have seen some beautiful wavy bangs, if that's the direction you want to go, and I know many other people just use heart to straighten them, but it's never really worked for me. YMMV but just something to consider.

milosmomma
March 13th, 2019, 12:56 AM
Just chiming in to say your hair looks so love;y and shiny, and bangs would suit you if you go that route too. But I agree that a new(or a few :lol: ) hairtoys can really spice things up in the hair department, treat yourself :)

timeschild
March 13th, 2019, 04:47 AM
I will probably touch up the color. The red is super faded it’s more red brown than the bright red I had it. And on hair toys honestly I have no clue what to get

Simsy
March 13th, 2019, 05:28 AM
So I’m seconding the previous comments; you don’t need the bangs, you look lovely as is. Definitely think this one over; bangs and face-framing layers will likely need some level work to get them to do what you want them to; and if you regret cutting them in, it’s a long wait to grow them back out again.

Clip-in bangs are a good option, just to trial if you really want the maintenance. You might also consider the vintage swoops, curls, and poofs to soften the front if you still feel like something is needed. It won’t require you to cut your hair, and it gives you a way to mix things up a little. Check YouTube for vintage styles, there are a ton that will be very doable on you length.

As for toys to take your mind off it; I like bright colours that pop in my hair. You might also consider getting a new kind of toy, like a Flexi or a fork with more prongs than you normally use.

Eternal Autumn
March 13th, 2019, 06:56 AM
Ahhhh I’m so happy that’s two compliments. One about me having pretty hair. Something that people in real life have really yet to say.

And two I have a nicely shaped face. Which I take to mean I am pretty. Haha makes me feel a lot better about myself. Have been feeling not so great doing over night shift for work which has made me super tired and you can tell.

I too think you're pretty, and you don't need bangs, they will hide your face too much. :flower:

timeschild
March 13th, 2019, 12:37 PM
So I’m seconding the previous comments; you don’t need the bangs, you look lovely as is. Definitely think this one over; bangs and face-framing layers will likely need some level work to get them to do what you want them to; and if you regret cutting them in, it’s a long wait to grow them back out again.

Clip-in bangs are a good option, just to trial if you really want the maintenance. You might also consider the vintage swoops, curls, and poofs to soften the front if you still feel like something is needed. It won’t require you to cut your hair, and it gives you a way to mix things up a little. Check YouTube for vintage styles, there are a ton that will be very doable on you length.

As for toys to take your mind off it; I like bright colours that pop in my hair. You might also consider getting a new kind of toy, like a Flexi or a fork with more prongs than you normally use. I do love bows. And I am talking the Jojo kind. The bigger and more colorful then better. Maybe I could get some. Even if I am 28 lol. I love anything cute and colorful as well bright and popping. Much like Garcia from criminal minds