PDA

View Full Version : African Black castor oil

JulianaCapalbo
March 11th, 2019, 06:42 PM
What do you guys know about African black castor oil or any other growth oil? How do you use it, how often and does it speed up growth?

Aunt Rapunzel
March 11th, 2019, 07:02 PM
My hair loves black castor oil. I have to use it with an oil that is lighter, because the castor oil is so heavy that it doesn't work into my hair well. I mix it with hemp oil, and several essential oils for a hair growth oil that I LOVE. It really seems to be enhancing the waves in my hair. And I use it once a week. I leave it in for about an hour, with a cheap plastic shower cap over my hair, and a towel over that to warm up the oils in my hair. I've seen some really good growth since I started using it.

JulianaCapalbo
March 12th, 2019, 04:48 AM
Thank you Aunt Rapunzel!

Ylva
March 12th, 2019, 06:01 AM
I use Jamaican black castor oil (JBCO) for scalp massages. Right now I'm taking a break from it as I'm going through a bottle of regular castor oil and don't want to open another bottle before that one's gone. I don't notice any extra growth from using JBCO specifically, it's just that any scalp massage helps my hair grow.

blackgothicdoll
March 12th, 2019, 07:38 AM
I don't much like it as it's too thick. If I warm it up and dilute it with other oils I can make it work, but I'm not a fan of any castor oil due to the thickness. I still have a couple bottles that I need to use up, so I'll probably warm/dilute. I did not get any hair growth from it that I noticed.

miyeena
March 12th, 2019, 11:15 AM
I oil my hair up with castor oil once or twice a week and it helped my hair. It made my hair grow, too. :p

kph12
March 12th, 2019, 11:59 AM
I use JBCO every now and again as a part of my oiling routine. I just dilute it with either coconut oil or olive oil. I will say that I put a little JBCO on my eyebrows and eyelashes as well at night and I went from having honestly no eyebrows to normal looking eyebrows. So I would say it does help with growth a fair amount.

BerrySara
March 14th, 2019, 01:20 PM
I use it on my nape hair and sometimes on the very ends. Occasionally with scalp massages too. It is pretty heavy for me to use on the whole length but honestly JBCO is one of the only oils that I have used that actually makes my hair feel softer and more hydrated. Other oils that I have used (looking at you coconut oil) makes me hair feel dry and brittle. Argon oil seems to also soften my hair but I have to use quite a lot of it since its such a light oil - at least for my hair.