PDA

View Full Version : Mid back

timeschild
March 11th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Y’all I have reached a milestone and just wondering if it officially puts me in the long hair category yet. I am mid back length. Maybe a bit longer in between that and waist my hair is about thre ribs up maybe two from the end of my rib cage. Maybe three to six months waist length I am not sure how long to get there exactly.

Haven
March 11th, 2019, 09:55 AM
I disagree with the premise that there is an official long hair category :p But I wish you luck growing to waist!

Ylva
March 11th, 2019, 10:01 AM
There definitely aren't any official requirements for "long hair"! :) For me personally, I think long hair starts at waist length. That's usually what looks "long" on others and myself, but my own hair doesn't feel long to me before TBL.

timeschild
March 11th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Thanks and I was wondering tbh. I can’t remember exactly what qualifies plus I know every one has different opinions about what isn’t and is long hair. For me considering this July it will be two years since I cut my hair and then I was at ear/chin length my hair is long. The people I work with met me when my hair was just past my shoulders so I always get compliments about how long it is now. I am just happy it is getting longer.

Ylva
March 11th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Everyone's certainly entitled to their own definition of long hair. :) And it's quite common that one's definition of long hair changes as one's own hair gets longer. That sounds like a great hair journey and I'm sure there's a lot more ahead for you, as well as longer lengths.

Dark40
March 11th, 2019, 12:23 PM
For me personally, my definition of "long hair" it starting from the shoulders on me. Now, I consider superlong hair starting at TBL and beyond.

Dung Beetle
March 11th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Mine is also mid-back, and I feel like it's long. I see other people all the time with hair about the same as mine, and think, "That's not so much." But when I see it on myself, I'm like, Whoa Nellie! That's some long hair. :)

*Wednesday*
March 11th, 2019, 04:30 PM
I'm hip+ close to BCL. I don't consider my hair *long.* long to me is TBL.

BerrySara
March 11th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Mine is also mid-back, and I feel like it's long. I see other people all the time with hair about the same as mine, and think, "That's not so much." But when I see it on myself, I'm like, Whoa Nellie! That's some long hair. :)

The description of your reaction made me laugh and almost spill my tea lol :grin:

Btw I definitely think Mid back is long but I also have shorter hair :shrug:

Blaithin
March 11th, 2019, 05:19 PM
I consider anything BSL and farther to be long. The gorgeous heads past hips fall into the Ultra Long category.

Also known as They must have the patience of saints.

Dark40
March 11th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Blairhin, I totally agree with you on that note. I also consider BSL and farther to be long, and anything that is past hip fall into the Ultra Long or Super Long category.

That is very right that they are also known as they must have the patience of saints.

lapushka
March 11th, 2019, 05:32 PM
Congrats on reaching your milestone. I agree with everyone that says there is no "official" when your hair is long now category.

littlestarface
March 11th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Well its long to/for you so that's all that matters.

MusicalSpoons
March 11th, 2019, 05:56 PM
Well its long to/for you so that's all that matters.

I have to agree. Our own definitions of 'long' depend a lot on our own history and what we're used to seeing every day. If you lived somewhere with lots of mid-thigh/knee and longer, you might not feel your hair was long, or if you'd cut back from somewhere along your legs. However if you lived somewhere where the usual length was pixie to shoulder, or as you've been growing from ear/chin, then of course MBL will feel long :D

We've sometimes had threads pop up basically asking 'what's your definition of long?' and there really, truly is no consensus. As far as I'm aware there is no rule here about what is 'long'; there cannot be (and frankly, nor should there be IMO) simply because we all have different opinions and different lengths that feel long for each of us :)

If you feel like your hair is long, enjoy! If you feel like it's almost-but-not-quite, enjoy knowing you'll soon feel it :cheer:

:rollin: that's the opposite of Not Long Enough syndrome - usually most of us see long hair on other people and think it looks really long, but feel our own hair isn't despite being either the same length we just saw or longer :laugh:

Corvana
March 11th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Long hair is a state of mind, not a length ;)

Lizabeth94
March 11th, 2019, 07:28 PM
Your hair is "long" whenever you decide it is! :o Its all relative to each person! The longest my hair has ever been is mid back (maybe waist when I was little), so waist length and beyond is what I mentally associate long hair with. Ive had short hair for several years now though, and if I can successfully grow to collarbone length it will probably "feel" long to me. :magic:

Groovy Granny
March 11th, 2019, 10:40 PM
Long hair is a state of mind, not a length ;)

I agree :thumbsup:

It is personal and depends on where a person started from.

Congrats on reaching MBL ~ happy growing :cheer:

Deborah
March 12th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Of course it is long!

Lady Stardust
March 12th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Congratulations! That’s great growth in 2 years and your hair looks lovely and soft :) How exciting to know that you’ll be at waist length soon.

You can definitely proudly count yourself in the longhairs!

timeschild
March 13th, 2019, 12:41 PM
So I even have to be careful not to like roll my hair up on the car window or close it in the door now my hair tends to be fly away a lot lol

spidermom
March 13th, 2019, 05:41 PM
For me, long hair is armpit length (APL).

CopperButterfly
March 16th, 2019, 04:24 PM
For me, long hair is armpit length (APL).

Me too! APL is enough passed shoulders that it looks long on just about everyone.

cjk
March 16th, 2019, 05:04 PM
I definitely think your hair is not just long, but LOOKS long to an impartial observer.

As a guy I got told my hair was long when it started touching my ears. Now that it's touching my back, it's definitely long.

Looking forward to joining you at your length, one of these days. Your hair looks great!