PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I知 back!

Beeboo123
March 10th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Hi all, I’m back to the forum! How have you been?

I cut my hair back to TBL, from classic+. My ends just didn’t feel good, and I had split ends (which I was too lazy to S&D). I think I have gotten rid of almost all my past heat damage. I have a U-shaped hemline now, trying to maintain a straight-across hemline was giving me much grief, my wurly hair just does not want to appear all the same length. I think I like this current look on me.

Here are photos of my hair, mostly straightened from being in a bun the whole day.
https://i.imgur.com/Gj1MUK8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TKd83s4.jpg
If anyone has tips for photographing black hair, that will be very much appreciated! I feel like my hair just sucks all the light

blackgothicdoll
March 10th, 2019, 09:53 AM
Welcome back! Your hair is so beautiful. Using the camera flash helps, also facing away from the window (if you are near one) seems to help if the flash makes your hair blinding lol.

Groovy Granny
March 10th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Welcome back :waving:

Your hair is so pretty :love:

Mei_Lin
March 10th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Your hair looks beyond gorgeous :)

Begemot
March 10th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Welcome back! Your hair looks wonderful :blossom:

Zesty
March 10th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Welcome back! Your hair is so beautiful. Using the camera flash helps, also facing away from the window (if you are near one) seems to help if the flash makes your hair blinding lol.

Agreed. My hair isn't black, but I find that the best light is indirect sunlight from behind-ish, and if it's less than ideal then flash helps too.

Your hair is gorgeous, the texture and hemline complement each other so well. :)

Ylva
March 10th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Welcome back! Your hair is so beautiful! I hope mine looks similar when I get back to TBL - although not quite as black. :)

Lizabeth94
March 10th, 2019, 11:08 AM
It looks amazing! Welcome back!

KlutzyChy1
March 10th, 2019, 11:39 AM
Welcome back! You've been one of my hair inspos since I came to this forum. Sometimes I think we're hair twins, but maybe that's just wishful thinking 😋

VenusianMane
March 10th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Super gorgeous hair! :heartbeat

vpatt
March 10th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Beautiful! Welcome back.

*Wednesday*
March 10th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Looks beautiful. You have gorgeous hair.

Dark40
March 10th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Hi all, I知 back to the forum! How have you been?

I cut my hair back to TBL, from classic+. My ends just didn稚 feel good, and I had split ends (which I was too lazy to S&D). I think I have gotten rid of almost all my past heat damage. I have a U-shaped hemline now, trying to maintain a straight-across hemline was giving me much grief, my wurly hair just does not want to appear all the same length. I think I like this current look on me.

Here are photos of my hair, mostly straightened from being in a bun the whole day.
https://i.imgur.com/Gj1MUK8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TKd83s4.jpg
If anyone has tips for photographing black hair, that will be very much appreciated! I feel like my hair just sucks all the light

Welcome back! :) Your hair is so beautiful! Yes, it best to get rid of the damage and split ends. I bet your hair does feel a lot better on the ends. I know the feeling of dry scraggly ends. I hate that look and feel! Don't worry. If you want to get back to classic you can in time. But I love TBL! I think it's a nice length for you. BTW, I love your black hair! I've always did love dark or black hair! I know that it's hard taking photos when you have dark or black hair under bad lighting. I'm thinking seriously about darkening my reddish brown hair to dark brown. I'm kinda in a toss and a turn between the blonde and dark brown.

FennFire911
March 10th, 2019, 02:26 PM
Welcome back! What gorgeous hair!

lapushka
March 10th, 2019, 04:51 PM
I think your hair photographed just fine! It looks gorgeous too. :)

Welcome back; I had noticed you around the forum already!

milosmomma
March 10th, 2019, 05:00 PM
Gorgeous hair! I bet it feels great to get rid of the splits and the shape is beautiful on you. Did you trim yourself? Sorry if ou already said and I missed it
Welcome back btw, I'm new so not sure if I can really welcome you back but welcome regardless:)

Reyn127
March 10th, 2019, 05:18 PM
Welcome back! Your hair looks super healthy and still very long.

Corvana
March 10th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Welcome back! It's been awhile since I've seen you around, I missed you!

littlestarface
March 10th, 2019, 05:52 PM
hey you made a thread! beautiful hair sweety much better looking then mine for sure, your crazy if you think your hair is my twin looool. You and booky tho look like hair twins, beautiful hairs.

Beeboo123
March 10th, 2019, 11:12 PM
Thank you blackgothicdoll, Groovy Granny, Mei_Lin, Begemot, Zesty, Ylva, Lizabeth94, KlutzyCh1, VenusianMane, vpatt, Wednesday, Dark40, FennFire911, lapushka, milosmomma, Reyn127, Corvana, and littlestarface. I’ve missed all of you too!

Ylva our hair colors are practically polar opposites hahaha. You have the lightest blonde hair i’ve ever seen on an adult. Did your hair darken at all from childhood? You look like a Nordic fairy.
KlutzyCh1, i think we have pretty similar hair, but yours is a couple of shades lighter, and I have sausage curls if I don’f straighten my hair. I always wish i had your color.
Dark40, it’s only on this forum that i feel “special” for having black hair, it’s everywhere around me in my day-to-day life. Makes me appreciate my hair color more. I would go for it if i were you, it’s nice to switch things up sometimes. I’m thinking of henna to give my hair a more reddish glow under the sun.
milosmomma Yupp i cut it myself! With two mirrors and a pair of scissors, haha. I figured that since my hair is wurly, as long as i don’t straighten it, no one can see my mistakes. Turned out much better than i hoped!
littlestarface I don’t think i have seen a Booky around, is that a nickname?

littlestarface
March 10th, 2019, 11:38 PM
Thank you blackgothicdoll, Groovy Granny, Mei_Lin, Begemot, Zesty, Ylva, Lizabeth94, KlutzyCh1, VenusianMane, vpatt, Wednesday, Dark40, FennFire911, lapushka, milosmomma, Reyn127, Corvana, and littlestarface. I’ve missed all of you too!

Ylva our hair colors are practically polar opposites hahaha. You have the lightest blonde hair i’ve ever seen on an adult. Did your hair darken at all from childhood? You look like a Nordic fairy.
KlutzyCh1, i think we have pretty similar hair, but yours is a couple of shades lighter, and I have sausage curls if I don’f straighten my hair. I always wish i had your color.
Dark40, it’s only on this forum that i feel “special” for having black hair, it’s everywhere around me in my day-to-day life. Makes me appreciate my hair color more. I would go for it if i were you, it’s nice to switch things up sometimes. I’m thinking of henna to give my hair a more reddish glow under the sun.
milosmomma Yupp i cut it myself! With two mirrors and a pair of scissors, haha. I figured that since my hair is wurly, as long as i don’t straighten it, no one can see my mistakes. Turned out much better than i hoped!
littlestarface I don’t think i have seen a Booky around, is that a nickname?

Bookworm https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139211&p=3658034&viewfull=1#post3658034

Sarahlabyrinth
March 11th, 2019, 04:40 AM
Hey, welcome back! Your hair is so beautiful! :D

Crystawni
March 11th, 2019, 05:10 AM
Beeboo!! :smooch: Great to see you back, and looking sooooooo good! Wow, girl! You have that doll hair happening--love it!

TatsuOni
March 11th, 2019, 10:52 AM
Welcome back! Your hair looks great! :)

Angela the Mer
March 11th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Beeboo123 -- your hair is gorgeous. I actually really like that shape ... I think it looks a bit softer than a straight across hemline and it complements your pretty curls. :p

C_Bookworm
March 11th, 2019, 11:14 AM
Welcome back! Your hair is lovely and that hem shape is perfect for emphasizing your curls. :crush:

I知 booky, btw. I wish my hair looked like yours!

littlestarface
March 11th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Welcome back! Your hair is lovely and that hem shape is perfect for emphasizing your curls. :crush:

I’m booky, btw. I wish my hair looked like yours!

She is my booky:crush:

SimplySmile
March 11th, 2019, 11:44 AM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous!!! I love the waves. You already put a white shirt on that is probably the best tip for taking photos of dark hair! It is so hard to see when people wear dark colored tops.