PDA

View Full Version : *Deep breath* Hi, it's me again

shutterpillar
March 9th, 2019, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure if any of you remember me, but I think I was last active here around 2014/15 and my hair was just touching hip length. I see a lot of new faces, and some familiar ones. :waving:

I'm back, basically starting my hair journey from scratch. It's been a turbulent four years, in which I:
- buzzed all my hair off
- made a huge lifestyle change
- kept a side-shave for a while
- bleached and dyed my hair purple
- dyed my hair red
- cut bangs, grew out bangs
- cut bangs, now growing them out again
- have been overcoming anxiety and severe depression
- had a massive shed last year from telogen effluvium because of said depression.

I think it's very safe to say that the changes in my hair were a reflection of the turbulence in my brain. lol.. but now that I feel I am really close to something that resembles normal and calm waters for me, it's time for my outward appearance to reflect that. So here I am again in a place that I once knew as so welcoming and safe, trying to grow my hair out to hip or classic length. (Haven't decided yet.) I'm currently just past collarbone length and have got some re-programming to do as I fell into some old bad habits with my hair in the time I was gone (where did I put my satin sleep cap, again? :confused: ) but I'm back, and happy to be here once again. I've been lurking for the past couple weeks and it seems to be the same old encouraging and friendly place that it was when I left.

Now I get to post and see how wrong the info in my signature is! LOL! *runs off to change that*

Ylva
March 9th, 2019, 12:56 PM
We haven't met before, but welcome back! :)

cjk
March 9th, 2019, 12:56 PM
I wasn't here at that point so I don't remember you. But based on this introduction you sound pretty cool. Getting to know someone new is always fun.

Hello! Nice to make your acquaintance.

Aerya
March 9th, 2019, 01:05 PM
I'm new here so we haven't met, but hi! I can relate to hair being a reflection of inner turmoil; I actually cut to collarbone and decided to grow out natural myself, joining LHC almost six months ago! I'm glad you're feeling better, and welcome back! :)

Groovy Granny
March 9th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Welcome back ~ good to see you again :waving:

What a journey you had; happy to hear you came through it ok.
I remember your beautiful hair, but am sure you rocked all your buzz cuts and colors too ;)

Wishing you all the best and happy growing at this stage in your life :flowers:

Tinyponies
March 9th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Hello and welcome back, I’m new but I’m sure I’ve seen your sig pic while reading old threads, it’s lovely :) happy growing

lapushka
March 9th, 2019, 01:17 PM
I remember you! Welcome back! Looks like you overcame a lot. :flower:

shutterpillar
March 9th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Thank you for all the warm welcomes everyone! :o Please bear with me for the next few days while I take some time to reacquaint myself with the forum lingo and other things I seem to need refreshing on. :flower: I tried to reply to you all individually, but it seems I've forgotten how to do that! lol!

Begemot
March 9th, 2019, 01:35 PM
I remember you too, shutterpillar! Always nice to see people from the time I first found this forum :) Great to have you back and good growing to you :blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
March 9th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Welcome back! What a journey you have been on! :)

shutterpillar
March 9th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Alright, lets see if I still got it... here's a photo of the silvers I've discovered since growing out my natural color. Hopefully this works!

edit: aaand nope, I seem to be doing something wrong. lol. Guess I better go to the test section.

Groovy Granny
March 9th, 2019, 05:01 PM
Come join us in The Salt & Pepper Thread! (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951)

Looking forward to seeing your pic ~ happy growing :cheer:

EmeraldSkies
March 9th, 2019, 06:26 PM
I haven't seen you before since I'm new. Welcome back and happy growing! :waving:

shutterpillar
March 9th, 2019, 06:37 PM
Come join us in The Salt & Pepper Thread! (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951)

Looking forward to seeing your pic ~ happy growing :cheer:

oh yes! finally got it to work, so I'll be posting over there soon!

Thank you, Emerald Skies!

Groovy Granny
March 9th, 2019, 09:16 PM
oh yes! finally got it to work, so I'll be posting over there soon!

I just saw you and replied ;)

paulownia
March 10th, 2019, 12:37 AM
Welcome back and happy growing :) this forum is the best place for those who want to grow long hair;) but you already know it, huh?
I’m also a newer member and just on the beginning of my journey. Also around collarbone lenght right now.

TatsuOni
March 10th, 2019, 04:01 AM
Welcome back! :)

spidermom
March 10th, 2019, 08:58 AM
I remember your screen name. Happy growing! I've grown out to thighs then cut back to collarbone, now am on the grow again myself.

spitfire511
March 10th, 2019, 09:03 AM
Just a welcome back! Though it was turbulent I hope some of the hair adventures were fun! 😊 look forward to seeing you around!

Corvana
March 10th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Welcome back! It's lovely to meet you!

Beeboo123
March 10th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Hi! I don’t think i’ve met you before, but i’m also back to this forum! Let’s grow our hair together ;)

SimplySmile
March 11th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Wow, it sounds like you have had quiet the hair journey. This is the perfect place to share your journey. I lurked for a few years before deciding I wanted to join and be able to be part of the community. There is literally the answer to every hair question I could ever think of on here! It sound's like you are on the right track and I am sure this year will be your best!!