PDA

View Full Version : The inversion method check-in thread

priinnz
March 9th, 2019, 03:37 AM
Hi all you beautiful hairs,

I am not sure how many of you follow this method, but I thought we should have a checkin thread for IM as it is difficult to remain consistent (at least for me). Let’s track our progress together here.

priinnz
March 9th, 2019, 03:38 AM
Ok il start,
Day 1: IM for five min and massage with green tea. Approx 2 min bending at waist and the rest was sitting in a chair and tipping head forward to massage.

amiraaah
March 9th, 2019, 02:35 PM
I have never had any with the inversion method but i decided to give it another try today so i’m glad to find this thread. My hair is 69 cm.
Day 1: 3 minutes massage with onion juice and bending for 3 minutes .

priinnz
March 9th, 2019, 04:05 PM
I have never had any with the inversion method but i decided to give it another try today so i’m glad to find this thread. My hair is 69 cm.
Day 1: 3 minutes massage with onion juice and bending for 3 minutes .

Hi amiraaah thanks for sharing... I am not sure if this works either but if so many people are talking about it, I thought no harm in trying. The positive thinking alone might be helpful for me lol.
I cut about an inch off last week, so any growth would be helpful for me :). I am so glad you took a measurement. I forgot to take before starting but will take today.

priinnz
March 9th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Anyway today was day 2. I massaged for 5 mins while sitting on a chair and head bent forward. Massaged with my EO mixture in carrier oils (nigella, castor, mustard)

Had a bit of headache for a couple of minutes afterwards but I suspect that might be siince I did this on an empty stomach in the morning. Had a handful of nuts and I was ok within minutes.

daisy rei
March 9th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Here’s this massive thread if you were looking for it: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121008&page=15

amiraaah
March 10th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Day 2 : massaged with castor oil mixed with 2 drops of avocado oil for 5 minutes.

Larke
March 10th, 2019, 04:51 PM
I'm joining in. I've done inversion in the past and I thought it helped, so I'm going to try to force myself to stick to it again.
Day 1: Massaged while bending over a chair for about 10 mins, but no oil today. Going to try to get an exact length measurement soon.

toastertroodle
March 10th, 2019, 08:50 PM
I’ll join! This is the first time I’ve ever tried IM. Today was day 1 and I hung my head over the side of the bed while massaging for 5 minutes. It made me fairly nauseous for about 30 minutes afterwards but I’m going to try to push through and persevere in the name of hair growth lol. My current length is 22”.

blackgothicdoll
March 10th, 2019, 09:34 PM
I've been meaning to revisit this. I just do 5 days a month.

Day 1: 4 min inversion and massage with a few drops of amla oil.

MoonChildCurls
March 11th, 2019, 02:29 AM
I tried the inversion method this past month. I check my growth around the 22nd every month (consistently 1/2 an inch a month) and I did the inversion right after checking my length. I'm 11 days early to measure this month but I just checked and I've gotten 5/8 since Feb 22nd. Not bad! Def going to do it again this month when it's time. And I'll check back in on the 22nd with my monthly growth. :)

priinnz
March 11th, 2019, 03:56 AM
I tried the inversion method this past month. I check my growth around the 22nd every month (consistently 1/2 an inch a month) and I did the inversion right after checking my length. I'm 11 days early to measure this month but I just checked and I've gotten 5/8 since Feb 22nd. Not bad! Def going to do it again this month when it's time. And I'll check back in on the 22nd with my monthly growth. :)

That’s sounds really promising. I wonder if the inversion method only increases growth on IM days or throughout the month?

priinnz
March 11th, 2019, 03:58 AM
Day 3: massages 10 drops of the ordinary multipepetide hair serum for 5-6 minutes

Larke
March 11th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Day 2: 5-min massage with a few drops of argan oil product (which also has some other oils like jojoba and coconut)

blackgothicdoll
March 11th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Day 2: 4 min inverted with parachute coconut oil, in preparation for a wash.

amiraaah
March 11th, 2019, 06:41 PM
Day 3: 4 minute massage with castor oil.

Katia_k
March 11th, 2019, 07:00 PM
I think I'm going to join in here, since I happened to wander in on a Monday, and I'm feeling the post-trim sadness. Won't be using oils though, because I don't think I can do that to my scalp all week without counteracting the benefits of the method by ticking it off.

Maybe I'll do it dry this time, and then try it with the TO stuff next month when I've gotten it in the mail.. My hair does measure badly though, so maybe it'll be more of a "do it for a few months, then take length pics" instead.

toastertroodle
March 11th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Day 2: 5 minute massage with my head hanging over the bed. Still not using oil because honestly I’m afraid of putting oil on my scalp.

Lizabeth94
March 11th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Does anybody else get really dizzy doing this? I normally do it laying off the edge of the bed, and it feels like torture. :crazyq: I only do it on the last week of the month. I'm not sure if it really does anything or not, but when actively growing my hair I do it anyway.

blackgothicdoll
March 11th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Does anybody else get really dizzy doing this? I normally do it laying off the edge of the bed, and it feels like torture. :crazyq: I only do it on the last week of the month. I'm not sure if it really does anything or not, but when actively growing my hair I do it anyway.

Make sure you get back up very, very slowly. This is also why I only do 4 minutes. I don't think I get dizzy with 5, but I become uncomfortable. Laying off the bed was also too much for me, so I just lean forward in my chair.

Larke
March 11th, 2019, 08:11 PM
I think I'm going to join in here, since I happened to wander in on a Monday, and I'm feeling the post-trim sadness. Won't be using oils though, because I don't think I can do that to my scalp all week without counteracting the benefits of the method by ticking it off.

Maybe I'll do it dry this time, and then try it with the TO stuff next month when I've gotten it in the mail.. My hair does measure badly though, so maybe it'll be more of a "do it for a few months, then take length pics" instead.

I do it without oils a lot, and when I tried that in the past, I thought it worked pretty well all the same. Hopefully you'll get results you're happy with soon. ^_^

priinnz
March 12th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Day 4. Massage with Khadi Rosemary and Henna oil while bending forward from a chair.

I can’t believe it’s only day 4. It feels I have been doing this for a week already. I mean not hair growth wise but work wise

blackgothicdoll
March 12th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Day 4. Massage with Khadi Rosemary and Henna oil while bending forward from a chair.

I can’t believe it’s only day 4. It feels I have been doing this for a week already. I mean not hair growth wise but work wise

LOL this is why I generally only make it to 5 days. It appears that's the longest time I'm able to commit myself to something which is probably why I'm single

priinnz
March 12th, 2019, 12:32 PM

Katia_k.. I can relate to those post-trim blues. Even though I am much happier with my ends I always get a bit sad for the length too.

I cant massage daily with oils either as with my straight thin hair I will end up looking like a grease pot. I shampoo only twice a week so I use oil on the day before shampoo. But on other days I’m using teas or my new serum. P

toastertroodle
March 12th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Katia_k.. I can relate to those post-trim blues. Even though I am much happier with my ends I always get a bit sad for the length too.

I cant massage daily with oils either as with my straight thin hair I will end up looking like a grease pot. I shampoo only twice a week so I use oil on the day before shampoo. But on other days I’m using teas or my new serum. P

My hair is fine and straight as well making frequent oil on my scalp/roots sound like a disaster. May I ask what kind of teas you use for massaging? I’ve just been massaging dry because I don’t know what else I’d use beside oils.

blackgothicdoll
March 12th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Day 3: 4 min inversion with a few drops of vatika coconut oil

priinnz
March 12th, 2019, 05:16 PM
toastertoodle

I use either green tea, oolong-ginseng tea or rooibos tea, whatever I am drinking at the moment. rooibos tea makes my scalp a bit oily the next day though.

LOL this is why I generally only make it to 5 days. It appears that's the longest time I'm able to commit myself to something which is probably why I'm single

Same thing happens to me too. But so far I have been on track this time. This thread keeps me on track.

Lizabeth94
March 12th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Make sure you get back up very, very slowly. This is also why I only do 4 minutes. I don't think I get dizzy with 5, but I become uncomfortable. Laying off the bed was also too much for me, so I just lean forward in my chair.

Thats a good idea, I should try using a chair instead of my bed!

priinnz
March 13th, 2019, 04:30 AM
day 5: inversion method with the ordinary multipeptide serum for 5 mins

toastertroodle
March 13th, 2019, 05:28 AM
(Last night) Day 3: hung over the side of the bed and massaged for 5 minutes with a silicone scalp massager brush

blackgothicdoll
March 13th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Day 4: 4 min inverted with botanlcal oil

Larke
March 13th, 2019, 05:40 PM
Days 3 and 4: Had some back pain (unrelated), so only brief inversion, no oils or anything.

toastertroodle
March 13th, 2019, 07:32 PM
Day 4: 5 minute inversion bending over in a chair + massage with no oils

priinnz
March 14th, 2019, 02:22 PM
Day 6 (last night): 5 minutes with the ordinary serum.

I feel either the inversion method or the ordinary serum or maybe both together and increasing tangled. Leading to some hair fall while untangling.

toastertroodle
March 14th, 2019, 07:19 PM
Day 5: 5 minute inversion with massage.

MoonChildCurls
March 21st, 2019, 12:29 AM
Just wanted to check in. I for sure got 3/4 this month. I consistently get 1/2 a month so it's promising. Going to try it again this month!

**Edited because I put 5/8 rather than 3/4. whoops.

Larke
March 21st, 2019, 02:53 PM
I stopped for a few days, so not doing a very good job of keeping up with this regularly, but yesterday I did a 6-min massage with argan oil and I'm almost at 29", so growth is pretty good too. :D

Larke
March 24th, 2019, 09:54 PM
Watched the end of a movie while inverted. Not sure how long for, but probably 15-20 mins. Remeasured hair again and it was back at 28.5'', which doesn't make sense because I checked several times when I was nearing 29'', but I'm still going to keep doing the inversions when I can anyway.

BVU
February 27th, 2023, 12:08 PM
Does anyone still do this? I haven't seen many people doing the IM even though it's said to be like magic lol

gghh
February 27th, 2023, 12:50 PM
Does anyone still do this? I haven't seen many people doing the IM even though it's said to be like magic lol

I’ve done it for 3 months now, though I’ll be taking a break from it March through May, after which I will do it for another three months. My experience has been positive overall, though it’s likely that my growth, in terms of exact inches, is not yet accurate because I didn’t know my growth rate prior to starting the inversion method. My hair did grow quite a bit imo

lapis_lazuli
February 27th, 2023, 03:24 PM
I used to do this religiously about a year before joining LHC and into my first few months here. I'd hang upside down off my bed while watching something. I think I was convinced it worked when I saw anything over 0.5" of growth a month, and I liked how it felt. Ultimately phased it out when I saw more success wearing it up and eating better and decided I wasn't going to bother anymore, but I enjoyed it for a while.

tuanyiji
February 28th, 2023, 11:54 AM
Inversion + massage caused more shedding, so I stopped after a few months.
The less manipulation, the better for hair.

Bri-Chan
February 28th, 2023, 05:33 PM
I'm always tempted and I try every now and then but I don't think it's for me, when I tried I've never seen a difference in terms of growth and the massage creates a lot of tangles.

SandyBottom
March 1st, 2023, 12:12 PM
I don't think this has any real effect, or if it does, I think it's probably more due to the massage aspect of the method. I do find it incredibly relaxing though and like it for that reason alone.