PDA

View Full Version : Hyaluronic acid and supplements

Softer, Softest
March 8th, 2019, 01:35 PM
I started taking hyaluronic acid capsules (orally). 1 a day in the morning. Not sure what's going to happen. Besides for skin it's supposed to be good for hair, too.

I can't seem to find any recent threads about ("hair") supplements so I guess they aren't working?

What about applying rogaine? After a careful consideration I decided I won't try it, it's risky and I just might be the one with bad effects.

KoKonut
March 8th, 2019, 01:47 PM
I have recently started taking Collagen with HA as well as Fish Oil, Amino Acid Complete and extra Vita. A, last week my stylist measured my hair growth and said it had grown 1/2" in one week, now whether that's due to the collagen/HA or not, I have no clue but just in case I think I'll keep at it!!!

Beeboo123
March 11th, 2019, 04:46 AM
I apply HA on my face, it makes my skin much bouncier and glowy. I’ve never tried applying it to my hair though. I doubt it would do anything for my hair, since i alreadly LOC

Dixie Derelict
June 26th, 2019, 08:01 AM
I've been trying to find information on using HA on hair, so I'm at the right place, at least.
So far: my reading tells me HA is good for hair. I've seen it recommended for use on damp ends, then sealed with an oil. I've also seen it suggested as an additive to masks and conditioners. Finally, people use it for scalp massage.
Now, I'd very much like to hear from someone who has TRIED it used in any/ all of those ways.

lapushka
June 26th, 2019, 12:21 PM
HA brings a lot of moisture to the skin (and I love it for that, use it daily in multiple moisturizers & serums), so I guess it could to the same for hair? I don't know about the inner workings, so just laymen's knowledge here.