PDA

View Full Version : Dancing/Festival Styles

Stardreamer
March 7th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Hey, so my hair's a bit tricky. I like having it up most of the time. Because when it's down... it expands. I'm doing twisted buns at the moment. When placed in the middle of my head, it can eventually loosen but high on my head, it generally stays. That's my short curly/frizzy hair for you.

So I'm planning to go to a music and arts festival. And I feel like I want a fancy, more relaxed, pretty style... but also one that's good for energetic dancing and anything really. One that won't come loose while dancing. I'm interested in buns in particular but if you guys can suggest any special festival hairstyles, that are really secure, I'll be glad.

HaMalka
March 7th, 2019, 06:48 PM
I don't know much about buns that would work for your length.

You could add accent braids or twists to your everyday bun or add decorative pins.

If you can braid you might want to look into some variant of french or dutch braids.

Spikey
March 7th, 2019, 08:55 PM
How about double dutch braids that end in pigtails? Just normal dutch braids, but when you get to the end of your scalp, tie off instead of braiding the rest. Those will hold like a rock, while also being fun and bouncy while you dance, because your hair is short and curly. To make it more fancy/festival appropriate, braid messily and leave out a strand or two around your face.

milosmomma
March 7th, 2019, 09:07 PM
If you're familiar with Star Wars how about Rey buns? They're basically 3 stacked buns one on top of the next, biggest bun on top, smallest on the bottom. When my hair was your length I could get them to hold with just pins but sometimes would need elastics as well. I like the double dutch braid idea but if you're looking for a bun style how about you dutch braid upside down and bun them higher up on your head? Let us know what you decide!

cjk
March 7th, 2019, 11:04 PM
And I feel like I want a fancy, more relaxed, pretty style... but also one that's good for energetic dancing and anything really. One that won't come loose while dancing. I'm interested in buns in particular

You ever tried a french twist? This is being held by a tortoiseshell comb that gets lost in my color, but a contrasting comb can really elevate it to a special style for a night out on the town.

https://i.imgur.com/849zGZP.jpg

spitfire511
March 8th, 2019, 07:19 AM
Hey stardreamer at that length - also try whatever style you might like with multiple smaller claw clips if you aren't already - when I was a little shorter, that was my trick to get something to stay through activity (especially like running or etc... so might be worth a go?)