PDA

View Full Version : I caved! (On color. . ..I'm still growing out length)

Eireann
March 6th, 2019, 02:25 PM
I had been growing out both my color and my length for almost a year (my last color was last May). I had been using Rainbow Henna dark brown, which is nothing but henna and indigo. I liked the results for a while, but as I got more grey, the grey hairs wouldn't take the indigo and ended up being Ronald McDonald orange (no offense to Ronald McDonald. It's a good look for him. Not so much for me.) So I decided to let nature take it's course. I made it through the awkward stage and it no longer looked like neglected roots, but rather a genuine natural salt and pepper. However, after about the 10th time I was mistaken for my son's grandmother, I decided to concede my vanity and give up on the natural look.

They didn't have Rainbow henna at the store where I was trying to impulse buy some hair color. Instead I got "Tints of Nature Henna Cream", which has other ingredients besides henna and indigo (and incidentally smells WAY better than the "real" henna/indigo). It does not contain Ammonia or Peroxide or PPD, and claims to wash out after 12 shampoos so I said why not. I only just did it today, so I can't speak to how it will look after a couple washes, but right now I love it!

I have seen so many beautiful silver sisters, both in "real life" and on the internet (in fact, there was a woman with beautiful long snow-white hair in the grocery aisle where I was buying my dye), and I still plan to join them one day, but for now I am going to pretend that I can turn back time (apologies to Cher.)

So, that's my confession.

spidermom
March 6th, 2019, 02:29 PM
Naughty! Just kidding; enjoy your color.

lapushka
March 6th, 2019, 03:07 PM
It's not a permanent dye, so you're just fine, no harm no foul. If after 12 washes you want to go back to growing your silvers out (you might, who knows), then you can still do so. :flower: