PDA

View Full Version : New Hair Growth

KoKonut
March 5th, 2019, 02:29 PM
I went to salon for my weekly shampoo & botanical treatment. My stylist knows that I'm trying to grow my hair back long again after having it broken and tattered after my bleaching disaster last October. She measured the back of my hair last week and then this morning when I went back, she looked in amazement and said it's actually 1/2" longer than last week. I said "no way, how can that be??" She said it's probably because you haven't been doing any color or using any heat and only washing it every 7 days and also taking a lot of different supplements such as Amino Acids, Fish Oil, and extra Vita. C in my multi, as well as Collagen/Hyalauronic Acid.

If it's accurate how she measured, then at this rate, I'm really on the fast track to getting to my end goal!!

I haven't done any kind of color or anything else since Dec. 21, 2018. I've decided to embrace my salt/pepper hair color and go all natural. I'm excited to see just how much healthier my hair gets, it already feels super soft on the roots.:joy:

LadyArwen
March 5th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Congratulations!!! hooray those moments always feel special! I just posted a new photo of my growth (profile picture) and it is exciting :)

Begemot
March 6th, 2019, 01:02 AM
Yay for the new, smooth growth! And for the decision to go natural :cheer:

Can you tell me more about the botanical treatment you get? :)

drummer
March 6th, 2019, 02:44 AM
Wow, this is great, congrats on your growth! Indeed, I had a big chop last summer (years of bleach and coloring) to pixie and I am growing out ... Since taking hair vits and collagen, my hair has been growing quite well and is generally happy. As for not coloring, it has now volume... I just wish I didn't start all the coloring in my teens, but well ... I'm smarter now, guess that's what experience is :D
Good luck on your journey!

KoKonut
March 6th, 2019, 07:53 AM
Congratulations!!! hooray those moments always feel special! I just posted a new photo of my growth (profile picture) and it is exciting :)

Thank you!!! Yes, very special moments!! You have gorgeous long hair! That's my goal!

KoKonut
March 6th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Yay for the new, smooth growth! And for the decision to go natural :cheer:

Can you tell me more about the botanical treatment you get? :)

Thank you! Seems the decision to do so happened within just a weeks time, all the way up to that point I was very adamant about getting color as soon as my hair was strong enough again after my bleaching disaster. I looked at my silvers in the sunlight and thought wow, that is really beautiful! I think about how healthy and strong my hair will become.
The botanical treatment is something they do at the Aveda Salons. They the moisturizing one and the protein one. They shampoo you, then spray the mixture onto your hair and put a hot towel around your head for about 10 to 15 min. It's supposed to be an all natural treatment to help with getting hair stronger. So, every 7 days I go there for my weekly shampoo and botanical. The best thing is it almost feels like a little mini spa retreat along with scalp massage and hand massage and only $20.

KoKonut
March 6th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Wow, this is great, congrats on your growth! Indeed, I had a big chop last summer (years of bleach and coloring) to pixie and I am growing out ... Since taking hair vits and collagen, my hair has been growing quite well and is generally happy. As for not coloring, it has now volume... I just wish I didn't start all the coloring in my teens, but well ... I'm smarter now, guess that's what experience is :D
Good luck on your journey!

Thank you!!

I had a pixie years ago after a bunch of damage but then grew it out and took me like eons to get it to MBL and unfortunately I had the BIGGEST bleaching hair nightmare disaster of all times back in this past Oct. Had to chop all the way to just above shoulder. They tried to get me to cut it to a short bob and I said nope, not an option, I refuse to go any shorter, just can't do it. I get it baby trimmed every 8 weeks and will slowly get rid of all the horrible looking brassy blonde. I've colored my hair ever since I was 28 and now 54 and I now can't even imagine going back to coloring again after that disaster, that did me in. I see these silvers coming in and I can't believe how much I love them. For the first time in eons I am treating my hair better than ever. I want very long waist length silver hair.

Begemot
March 6th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Thank you! Seems the decision to do so happened within just a weeks time, all the way up to that point I was very adamant about getting color as soon as my hair was strong enough again after my bleaching disaster. I looked at my silvers in the sunlight and thought wow, that is really beautiful! I think about how healthy and strong my hair will become.
The botanical treatment is something they do at the Aveda Salons. They the moisturizing one and the protein one. They shampoo you, then spray the mixture onto your hair and put a hot towel around your head for about 10 to 15 min. It's supposed to be an all natural treatment to help with getting hair stronger. So, every 7 days I go there for my weekly shampoo and botanical. The best thing is it almost feels like a little mini spa retreat along with scalp massage and hand massage and only $20.

It's awesome you fell in love with your natural silvers, good luck growing the bleach damage out!

Ohh that does sound really nice...! As they say, treat yo self ;) I need to check out if anyone does something similar around here.

spidermom
March 6th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Awesome; congrats. I've noticed a few times that my hair seemed to shoot out fast, but then it makes up for that by not growing at all the next month.

Addy
March 6th, 2019, 08:34 AM
You wont regret your decision to grow out your natural silvery color. I destroyed my waist length hair back in 2013. After I lost it and went pixie, I vowed to never color it again. It's been 6 years now and I'm nearing classic length in the next year with a reddish (in the sun) brown virgin hair with a lot of silvery highlights. I love that I'm not committed to coloring anymore and im aging as naturally and gracefully as I can at 41 (I'm getting lines on my face that i never had before). Anyways... I just wanted to tell you with time and patience you can get there. Just enjoy your length stages. Every once in awhile I'll miss APL and BSL.

drummer
March 6th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Thank you!!

I had a pixie years ago after a bunch of damage but then grew it out and took me like eons to get it to MBL and unfortunately I had the BIGGEST bleaching hair nightmare disaster of all times back in this past Oct. Had to chop all the way to just above shoulder. They tried to get me to cut it to a short bob and I said nope, not an option, I refuse to go any shorter, just can't do it. I get it baby trimmed every 8 weeks and will slowly get rid of all the horrible looking brassy blonde. I've colored my hair ever since I was 28 and now 54 and I now can't even imagine going back to coloring again after that disaster, that did me in. I see these silvers coming in and I can't believe how much I love them. For the first time in eons I am treating my hair better than ever. I want very long waist length silver hair.

Ah, you are such an inspiration KoKonut! Long live those silvers, TBH I always found them pretty :)

lapushka
March 6th, 2019, 10:49 AM

Is there a chance you can take care of your own hair? I would not throw money at this, because it is really nothing special they do, unless it is a necessary pampering thing for you. :flower: