PDA

View Full Version : aveeno hair line?

elsiedeluxe
March 5th, 2019, 06:25 AM
I just learned about Aveeno shampoo and conditioner, even though (I think) it is not new. It looks like it's available in the US at Target. Does anyone have any experience with this line? I am very happy with my preferred conditioner (Garnier Whole Blends Olive) but my favorite shampoo (Mill Creek Botanicals) is not easy to find. I prefer shampoos without SLS, so the Aveeno shampoos look like they might work.

lapushka
March 5th, 2019, 08:10 AM
Give 'em a go and let us know; keep us posted.

I'm in Belgium so we don't have Aveeno at all as a brand. ;)

elsiedeluxe
March 5th, 2019, 08:29 AM
Yep, I plan to. When I get to Target next, I'll see if I can find it, give it a sniff, and go from there.

The-Young-Maid
March 5th, 2019, 08:49 AM
You can also get them at Walmart

Krissycats
June 3rd, 2019, 09:36 PM
I usually use Garnier Whole Blends but I saw this tonight at Walmart and bought it. I bought the Apple Cider Vinegar Blend conditioner. I'll try it out later this week.

Sparkles122
August 15th, 2019, 12:01 PM
I saw these in Target and Walmart the other day. I think im going to go back and get a few. Has anyone tried them?

PillowBook
August 15th, 2019, 06:32 PM
I;m interested in their Almond Oil Blend hair mask but I've already got at least a dozen tubs of hair masks sitting my my hall closet so it's a "no" from me dawg :laugh:

Sparkles122
February 14th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Ive been eyeing that apple cider vinegar shampoo.

JasminxCat
February 14th, 2021, 05:06 PM
I use the apple cidar vinegar clarifying shampoo by aveeno and I love it. It makes my hair feel very clean when I need to clarify, but not so terribly stripped because it's SLS free, so I can easily use it every 2 weeks if I need to

lapushka
February 15th, 2021, 05:17 AM
I use the apple cidar vinegar clarifying shampoo by aveeno and I love it. It makes my hair feel very clean when I need to clarify, but not so terribly stripped because it's SLS free, so I can easily use it every 2 weeks if I need to

I know you didn't ask for advice, but just FYI. If your hair should at one point do "funny things", try using a sulfate, and then incorporate it at least once a month. A sulfate-free "clarifyer" can only do so much. I still stick to my guns when I say a sulfate is better at cutting through grease/oil and gunk that's been there for a while.

JasminxCat
February 17th, 2021, 11:03 PM
I know you didn't ask for advice, but just FYI. If your hair should at one point do "funny things", try using a sulfate, and then incorporate it at least once a month. A sulfate-free "clarifyer" can only do so much. I still stick to my guns when I say a sulfate is better at cutting through grease/oil and gunk that's been there for a while.

Thank you for the tip. I like shampooing twice with this brand to make sure I'm cleansing well. I might try Neutrogena's SLS clarifying shampoo next for monthly clarifying, and Aveeno for weekly or bi-weekly gentle clarifying. My scalp gets pretty nasty so I'm sure this would work for me

GordonMurphella
February 18th, 2021, 05:06 AM
I have the Oat Milk in my rotation and I like it but it doesn't blow my skirt up. It's gentle and smells good, and I have a finicky scalp. If that helps any :)

Dark40
February 19th, 2021, 10:44 AM
I've seen this brand in the United States at stores like Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS. I've been really wanting to give it a try for many years now since it ever came out.

Wendyp
November 16th, 2021, 02:29 PM
Reviving: I just bought a whole bunch because my hair apparently doesn't like SLS. Will report back! :writer:

Hedwig
November 17th, 2021, 06:20 AM
Their line sounds really interesting - I‘m especially interested in the lines for sensitive scalps and the clarifying one! However, it’s only sold online over here and the price with shipping is a little too high for me, considering this stuff is drugstore price level in the US.

Wendyp
November 17th, 2021, 06:11 PM
Their line sounds really interesting - I‘m especially interested in the lines for sensitive scalps and the clarifying one! However, it’s only sold online over here and the price with shipping is a little too high for me, considering this stuff is drugstore price level in the US.

Yes it is! And I just picked up a bunch on sale $3.50 each bottle! I used the acv one last night and it was awesome. I thought it would be a lot more astringent and it wasn't. I used the sensitive conditioner for one of my conditioners and I think it's got a nice slip due to the oatmeal. Also it uses Amodimethicone which isn't supposed to build up as much. I'm worried about that now since I'm finding my hair doesn't like sls.

FairRosamund
December 27th, 2021, 02:25 PM
I have the Aveeno Rose & Chamomile shampoo. I've already rebought it twice. It smells lovely and cleanses the scalp well, i don't recommend the matching conditioner though. The conditioner is very "dry" feeling with not enough slip to detangle, it's very similar to the Maui Moisture Hibiscus Water Conditioner. I want to try the Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo next!

wispe
December 28th, 2021, 05:16 PM
I've been using the ACV shampoo for a while now and I love it too. I've also used the pink Kefir Probiotic one, absolutely love the smell of it and tempted to repurchase for the smell alone, not sure it's my fav for cleansing though, sometimes felt a little greasy too soon after using that one. Looking at trying the other varieties of shampoos next (particularly the almond oil, sunflower oil, and oat milk ones).
Wasn't impressed by the conditioners for either, not enough slip for me, but I like heavy silicone in my conditioner lately. (Tried both the acv conditioner and the kefir probiotic one). Have since mixed them together in a tub for my first C of CWC or WCC or with some honey for a SMT.

Death-Within-Me
December 28th, 2021, 05:53 PM
I just bought the Aveeno Fresh Greens Blend S&C yesterday since I've been eyeing the line for a while. How could you not? The bottles look so aesthetically pleasing and the flavors sounds delicious.

Will review after I start using when I finish my Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal which is almost gone.

meovvmeow
February 2nd, 2022, 02:47 PM
I've been using the ACV shampoo for a while now and I love it too. I've also used the pink Kefir Probiotic one, absolutely love the smell of it and tempted to repurchase for the smell alone, not sure it's my fav for cleansing though, sometimes felt a little greasy too soon after using that one. Looking at trying the other varieties of shampoos next (particularly the almond oil, sunflower oil, and oat milk ones).
Wasn't impressed by the conditioners for either, not enough slip for me, but I like heavy silicone in my conditioner lately. (Tried both the acv conditioner and the kefir probiotic one). Have since mixed them together in a tub for my first C of CWC or WCC or with some honey for a SMT.

If you didnt find the Kefir Shampoo cleansing enough the other versions you want to try might be the same. They all have the same pearlescent-ness (not sure what to call that but not clear) as the kefir one whereas the ACV version is clear.

I agree with you about the conditioners though. I'm less than impressed and they dont have very good slip at all. I also found the Kefir conditioner to be very liquidy in consistency.