PDA

View Full Version : Clarification needed on hair measuring standards for LHC

Ęther
November 5th, 2008, 11:52 AM
(I apologize if this has been covered already.) I'd like to communicate accurately and also be able to track my progress.

I'm confused specifically about length being measured from the hairline on the forehead over the top of the head and to the hemline on the back when I am measuring a growing out pixie cut. If I do that exactly, I get a measurement of about 13", but the hair at the nape of my neck is less than an inch. The longest hair on my head is at my fringe/crown. Do I measure that length?
When do I switch to measuring the length over the head?
Besides taking frequent photographs for a visual log of progress, what is the best way to measure progress?
How many swallows are needed to carry a one pound coconut?
How have I become so obsessed with my hair that I'm checking LHC before coffee?

Cheers & Thanks!
Ęther

jel
November 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM
African or European swallows? :D

If I were you, I'd adopt the LHC standard immediately. Thirteen inches of hair in my LHC-indoctrinated mind, means very short hair. If you prefer, you can enter a descriptive length (pixie) in the starting length profile box instead of the number. ETA: I just noticed you'd already done that - again, if it were me, I'd put 13" in the current length.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

Ęther
November 5th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Alright!!! I gained 10" in less than 10 minutes. Thanks, Jel!

burns_erin
November 5th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Congratulations on your kinda growth.

HairColoredHair
November 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM
It always sounds more fun to say you've got 13" of hair than 1". :lol:

spidermom
November 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I don't like numerical measurements very much. When I did it regularly, some months I would get a lower number, which made it look like my hair length decreased, which isn't very likely (except after a trim, of course). So as you can see in my length stats, I go by body part.