PDA

View Full Version : My Rainbow Hair Adventures

Simpscone
March 1st, 2019, 04:47 AM
Hi All!

Just a fun one here - I've created an album on here of my different rainbow colours and thought I'd just post a thread to show you all the rainbow adventure my hair has been on!

Lets hope I've figured out how to insert photos properly.. eek!

Major apologies for the influx of selfies... they're a bit embarrassing but they're the only record I have of my hair!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35732&d=1551438356
2011 - 16 years old and on the red box dye

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35733&d=1551438375
2013 - bleached to white blonde with turquoise underneath

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35734&d=1551438382
2013 - dyed turquoise all over - I kept this for a year!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35735&d=1551438397
2014 - bleached to go bright pink

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35736&d=1551438409
2014 - purple - this is when I really knew how to care for my natural texture too, these are my natural wurls and the best they've ever looked! This was also the longest my hair was for a long time, although you can't see that well in this picture it was solid APL.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35737&d=1551438424
2014 - went through some bad things in life, so I bleached and bleached and bleached! Oh, and cut a fringe in... eek

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35738&d=1551438444
2015 - grey hair! At least I know if I go grey early I'll rock it!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35739&d=1551438454
2015 - bright green - my natural wurl would barely... wurl

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35740&d=1551438464
2015 - bleached again to go light pink... oops. My hair had just started to recover from the bleach fiasco the previous year too...

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35742&d=1551438495
2015/16 - dyed over the pink with green and added purple-y pink ends... my hair was so fried at this point!

Simpscone
March 1st, 2019, 04:49 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35741&d=1551438480
2016 - dark blue over the green

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35743&d=1551438509
2016 - bleached the dark blue out and my hair was totally fried. I tried to keep the length for months but then eventually in Nov 2016 cropped it all off. This is also my natural wurls - fried!

I spent the next year growing out my length and keeping it white-blonde and healthy.

Other than in June 2017 I dyed it bright yellow...
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35748&d=1551438562

But that only lasted two months and I... bleached it back to white

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35744&d=1551438520
Despite that my hair grew out a lot over the year and a bit and in around May 2018 I dyed it a "natural" blonde

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35749&d=1551440464
From the natural blonde I grew out my natural roots to around this length in October 2018

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35745&d=1551438532
December 2018 I finally decided to dye the ends brown with some blonde highlights left in!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35746&d=1551438539
Briefly dyed my ends red last month, because I didn't like the blonde highlights...

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35747&d=1551438548
And this is me as of February 2019!

Phew that was a long post. Just thought I'd share the insane amount of stress my hair has been through... it held in there for some years, and now I'm determined to treat it kindly and rock my natural hair, hopefully at some insane lengths!

Aerya
March 1st, 2019, 05:33 AM
Your hair has for sure been through a lot! But those colours looked great, you really pulled them off. Although my favorite is your natural hair, it's such a rich and lovely colour! It suits you perfectly too :crush:

Cheers to growing out long and natural, and also to your eyeliner game! :toast:

Simpscone
March 1st, 2019, 05:39 AM
Your hair has for sure been through a lot! But those colours looked great, you really pulled them off. Although my favorite is your natural hair, it's such a rich and lovely colour! It suits you perfectly too :crush:

Cheers to growing out long and natural, and also to your eyeliner game! :toast:

Writing it all down makes it seem so much worse :lol:

Thank you! It's crazy I thought for a long time that I would never go back to my natural hair, and everyone I know thought the same! They were all so much more shocked by me going brown than any of the other colours :lol:

Excited for this new journey, I've always tried to grow it long but for obvious reasons it's never got that far... :doh: Hahaha I feel weird without eyeliner! Everyone always asks if I'm ill :shrug:

Aerya
March 1st, 2019, 05:53 AM
Writing it all down makes it seem so much worse :lol:

Thank you! It's crazy I thought for a long time that I would never go back to my natural hair, and everyone I know thought the same! They were all so much more shocked by me going brown than any of the other colours :lol:

Excited for this new journey, I've always tried to grow it long but for obvious reasons it's never got that far... :doh: Hahaha I feel weird without eyeliner! Everyone always asks if I'm ill :shrug:

It does, doesn't it? I knew I had gone too far with my hair but whenever I try to think back and write down everything I did, I'm amazed that I didn't lose it all!

And same here about the eyeliner. I've worn it pretty much everyday since I was what, 15? At first I felt like a weird Cleopatra-cosplayer with the tiniest wing, and now I feel weird without! I try to go bare faced every now and then to appreciate my actual face more, but... I love a good cateye! It's just plain rude to comment like that though. It may be different from how they are used to seeing you, but it's pretty apparent that it's the eyeliner missing. I think you look good without it! :shrug:

lithostoic
March 1st, 2019, 06:18 AM
Nice collection! I've been through a lot of hair colors myself, but don't really have photo evidence. I was never a pretty girl so I didn't take selfies.

Tinyponies
March 1st, 2019, 06:43 AM
I had no idea you could bleach out colours like that! What a great collection, thanks for sharing. You looked great with every colour, but your wurls totally rock in your natural hair.

lapushka
March 1st, 2019, 06:48 AM
WOW! :D

You have certainly got the experimental stage out of you (I think ;) :p) but I just have to tell you my favorite is the very last picture. You have such a gorgeous natural color! And your wing is "on fleek" (is that how they say it LOL) each time.

It's just great to have that, and those memories.

I experimented with color (all except unnatural colors) in my time, and boy, did I ruin my hair. Seems as though you colored the right way, without damaging your hair in the process. I had my disasters! LOL! :lol: Yeah, I can laugh about it now!

Anyway, just gorgeous! :D

spidermom
March 1st, 2019, 07:43 AM
wow. That bright yellow was so striking on you.

Zesty
March 1st, 2019, 07:53 AM
Dang gurl, your hair is a trooper! What's your hair type? I feel like mine would have disintegrated! :p lapushka must be correct -- you did you the right way. I also do agree that you pulled off those bright colors, but I'm partial to the natural color too. :)

Dendra
March 1st, 2019, 07:54 AM
You've had some amazing colours! I'm glad for you that your hair has lived, and so you can have no regrets while growing out natural hair :)

I agree with spidermom I have a special place in my heart for yellow hair, and I also liked your fuscia and turquoise...and purple.

Joules
March 1st, 2019, 08:13 AM
Wow, what a collection of colors! Every one of them is so gorgeous and nicely done!

I agree that nothing beats natural, but still colorful hair is fantastic :heart:

Begemot
March 1st, 2019, 09:38 AM
Such fun colors! I love that bright yellow color so much :thumbsup:

Simpscone
March 1st, 2019, 09:56 AM
It does, doesn't it? I knew I had gone too far with my hair but whenever I try to think back and write down everything I did, I'm amazed that I didn't lose it all!

And same here about the eyeliner. I've worn it pretty much everyday since I was what, 15? At first I felt like a weird Cleopatra-cosplayer with the tiniest wing, and now I feel weird without! I try to go bare faced every now and then to appreciate my actual face more, but... I love a good cateye! It's just plain rude to comment like that though. It may be different from how they are used to seeing you, but it's pretty apparent that it's the eyeliner missing. I think you look good without it! :shrug:

I think because these colours are all a few years ago now I've forgotten how much I actually changed colour and bleached!
I used to get my sister to do my eyeliner for me, now if it goes wrong... just keep going until your eyes resemble pandas!

Nice collection! I've been through a lot of hair colors myself, but don't really have photo evidence. I was never a pretty girl so I didn't take selfies.

Thank you! I find my selfies a bit cringy to be honest, and I definitely take way less nowadays, I only really starting taking them when I started dying my hair crazy colours because I was so proud of myself! My instagram was full of it at the time hahaha

I had no idea you could bleach out colours like that! What a great collection, thanks for sharing. You looked great with every colour, but your wurls totally rock in your natural hair.

It's definitely not something I would recommend! I only did it if I was trying to go to totally different ends of the colour spectrum (like blue to pink) or wanted to go back blonde. The in between stages that aren't shown above were... not great hahaha! Thank you so much, my wurls definitely suffered for a while, I'm excited to see how they come along without any colour damage.

WOW!

You have certainly got the experimental stage out of you (I think ;) ) but I just have to tell you my favorite is the very last picture. You have such a gorgeous natural color! And your wing is "on fleek" (is that how they say it LOL) each time.

It's just great to have that, and those memories.

I experimented with color (all except unnatural colors) in my time, and boy, did I ruin my hair. Seems as though you colored the right way, without damaging your hair in the process. I had my disasters! LOL! Yeah, I can laugh about it now!

Anyway, just gorgeous!

I certainly hope so! I'm really hoping to leave the chemicals alone, at least until I've grown out long, natural hair! And by then hopefully I'll be so protective of it that I'll stay away from damaging it.
Thank you so much, it's crazy seeing my natural colour for the first time since I was young (I've been dying my hair since I was younger than the pictures, I just don't have many pre-16 photos to hand).
I definitely pushed it to it's limit, the front parts of my hair all snapped off and I ended up cutting it to my chin 2 years ago to give them a chance to catch up. I haven't really posted the pictures of it at it's most damaged other than the one short picture because it was just blonde, I'll definitely be posting them at some point, probably in the growing out dye thread when I make more progress!

wow. That bright yellow was so striking on you.

Thank you! Strangely enough it's the one colour I was never sure about, the picture is definitely doing it justice and it's the one that seemed to get the most attention from strangers.

Dang gurl, your hair is a trooper! What's your hair type? I feel like mine would have disintegrated! :p lapushka must be correct -- you did you the right way. I also do agree that you pulled off those bright colors, but I'm partial to the natural color too. :)

It certainly is, I can't believe what I used to put it through! All throughout I've always used deep conditioners and oils, but I couldn't even count how many times I bleached it all over :shudder: I'm not totally sure on my hair type, from what I've tried to figure out it is high porosity, 2b/c but then I feel like it might get to 3a if I had it healthy enough :shrug: and I'm not sure on thickness because I need to get a measuring tape, but I would guess it is ii which is why even with all the bleach it still seemed like I had hair on my head hahaha

You've had some amazing colours! I'm glad for you that your hair has lived, and so you can have no regrets while growing out natural hair :)

I agree with spidermom I have a special place in my heart for yellow hair, and I also liked your fuscia and turquoise...and purple.

Thank you so much! As I am, it was touch and go for a while in 2016. I can't never pick my favourite and everyone else's answer is always different, I love finding out which people like the best!

Wow, what a collection of colors! Every one of them is so gorgeous and nicely done!

I agree that nothing beats natural, but still colorful hair is fantastic :heart:

Thank you :) I can't wait to see the different shades that come out of my own natural hair, but I can definitely look back with no regrets that I tried everything!

Simpscone
March 1st, 2019, 09:57 AM
Such fun colors! I love that bright yellow color so much :thumbsup:

Thank you so much! Yellow seems to be the most popular online and the least popular with my family :lol:

milosmomma
March 1st, 2019, 01:13 PM
You and your hair are adorable at every stage! I love the full magenta and the blue/teal with your eye color is quite striking as well.

Groovy Granny
March 1st, 2019, 05:19 PM
Wow....what an amazing color journey....the all purple and green/purple colors took my breath away!

You can rock anything, but your natural color is beautiful.

Happy growing :cheer:

I envy your courage ~ the only thing I risked was 'sun in' back in the 60's :rollin:

Knightly
March 1st, 2019, 07:14 PM
You must have such strong hair!
Turquoise looks amazing on you, brings out your eye color!

Kat
March 1st, 2019, 07:17 PM
That looks like so much fun! I love the purple and the pink (the bubblegum pink) best. I also really liked you as a blonde. These pictures were great.

calmyogi
March 1st, 2019, 07:32 PM
Your natural color is gorgeous! But, you definitely rocked all those colors though!!

calmyogi
March 1st, 2019, 07:34 PM
That looks like so much fun! I love the purple and the pink (the bubblegum pink) best. I also really liked you as a blonde. These pictures were great.

I second this, you pulled the blonde off really well. Like an old movie.

The blue and purple were my favorite though.

blackgothicdoll
March 1st, 2019, 10:16 PM
You were really killing the turquoise and the platinum. All of them look great on you, not many people look good in every color but you've definitely checked that box ;)

But of course, your natural color is beautiful. No doubt your hair will grow long without color, you had plenty even with all that you put it through. xD Good luck on your journey!!

ynne
March 26th, 2019, 06:44 PM
So many great colours! Turquoise worked really well on you c: And that dark blue, wow! It's just stunning.
Good luck with this new part of your hair journey, though, I'm sure your curls will be/are happy this way!

Which actually reminds me, your hair seems kind of similar to mine, in type? :0 Though yours handled bleaching much better than mine, that's for sure! I lost a lot more of texture.

iforgotmylogin
March 26th, 2019, 09:35 PM
I like the gaudy colours

Sarahlabyrinth
March 27th, 2019, 03:21 AM
Wow, all those colours look so great on you! Must be time for you to try long natural hair now :)

Simpscone
March 27th, 2019, 03:49 AM
You and your hair are adorable at every stage! I love the full magenta and the blue/teal with your eye color is quite striking as well.

Thank you! The turquoise colour is one of my all-time favourites, I had it for almost a year!

Wow....what an amazing color journey....the all purple and green/purple colors took my breath away!

You can rock anything, but your natural color is beautiful.

Happy growing :cheer:

I envy your courage ~ the only thing I risked was 'sun in' back in the 60's :rollin:

Thank you GG, The first extreme colour was super scary, but then after doing a few it wasn't anymore! I was more scared of going back to my natural colour.

You must have such strong hair!
Turquoise looks amazing on you, brings out your eye color!

I think it is pretty resilient! Not pictured is how damaged it was near the end though - I'd bleached it maybe half a dozen times and that was definitely overkill. My hair is very thick though so I could get away with losing some.

It definitely was fun, I try not to miss it too much but the awed comments from others and excitement of a new colour was intoxicating.

Your natural color is gorgeous! But, you definitely rocked all those colors though!!

Thank you! I'm loving my natural at the moment, it is surprisingly versatile in different lighting.

I second this, you pulled the blonde off really well. Like an old movie.

The blue and purple were my favorite though.

That's so sweet of you to say :flower: When it was short and blonde I felt like Marilyn Monroe! Blonde is my default.

You were really killing the turquoise and the platinum. All of them look great on you, not many people look good in every color but you've definitely checked that box ;)

But of course, your natural color is beautiful. No doubt your hair will grow long without color, you had plenty even with all that you put it through. xD Good luck on your journey!!

Those are my favourites too!

I really hope it can grow long now that I'm giving it a break. Luckily I always kind of knew how to care for my hair when it was bright colours, but I'm still surprised it didn't all fall out...

So many great colours! Turquoise worked really well on you c: And that dark blue, wow! It's just stunning.
Good luck with this new part of your hair journey, though, I'm sure your curls will be/are happy this way!

Which actually reminds me, your hair seems kind of similar to mine, in type? :0 Though yours handled bleaching much better than mine, that's for sure! I lost a lot more of texture.

Thank you! My curls were surprisingly still around with the bright colours, but they were so frizzy and dry after so many bleaching sessions that I never wore it natural in the end!

I've been hoping I had a hair twin on here! My natural curl is like my icon if that is similar to yours? (I know a lot of the pictures in this thread aren't my natural texture so just checking!)

I like the gaudy colours

Thank you!

Wow, all those colours look so great on you! Must be time for you to try long natural hair now :)

Thank you Sarah! That's my thinking, I've done all the colours now and never been able to grow long, now I desperately want to hair it long and natural - to have tried everything out if for nothing else!