PDA

View Full Version : One year LHC Anniversary, one year of growth after a pixie cut (with pictures)

Laura1986
February 26th, 2019, 06:40 AM
Hey all!

I have noticed I have been here for a year now. Even though I don't plan to grow my own hair super long, I still like it here and just keep hanging around :)

A year ago I wanted to try a pixie cut, went to a hairdresser with a good reputation and got it cut.. Its was twice as short as the cut I wanted and didn't look like the pictures I brought at all.. Anyway, I do my cutting myself after that. This was how I started my growing out journey:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35699&d=1551188349

Over the past year I did 3 mullet trims. I thought it would be fairy even by now, but after taking pictures, I feel like I should cut the back shorter again. What do you think?
This is how it looks now, after one year of growing out:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35697&d=1551186985

My first goal is to get my hair back in the shape I was happy with before the pixie cut:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35696&d=1551186956

Begemot
February 26th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Congrats! :toast: :blossom:

To me your hair looks fine right now, you are very close to having your hair the way it is in the bottom pic. Maybe have a tiny trim if you believe it might make you happier with your hair :)

Pol
February 26th, 2019, 08:04 AM
That's a lot of progress - well done! I think it looks nice with your current style, as Begemot says you're getting close to your desired length :cheer:

spidermom
February 26th, 2019, 08:06 AM
I agree; your hair looks good. You don't have to cut it.

lithostoic
February 26th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Wow, what a difference!

Aeonian
February 26th, 2019, 08:56 AM
That is some great hairgrowth on you! It's up to you to trim the back, if you cut it, it will be a bob. Or you can just let it grow for six months or so and then decide.

lapushka
February 26th, 2019, 10:06 AM
That is amazing progress for just one year, congratulations! :)

Laura1986
February 26th, 2019, 10:38 AM
Thank you :flowers:

I plan to cut here, to get rid of the remains of the mullet:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35707&d=1551202421

I'm just not sure how to do it.. It needs to look good enough to work in a professional environment from April on.

(cross posted on the bob-thread)

Groovy Granny
February 26th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Congrats ~ it looks so pretty :applause

Go with your gut ~whatever makes you happy; the proposed cut isn't drastic and will bring you closer to the look you want :cheer:

tekla
February 26th, 2019, 11:24 AM
I can't see the pics but congrats on your growth anyways! :)

I've taken the journey from pixie to lob+ length a couple of times and at least for me trimming the mullet made my hair look longer than it was before the trim. For some reason, the smaller the difference was between front and back, the longer the overall look was.

TatsuOni
February 26th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Congrats! Great progress! :)

milosmomma
February 26th, 2019, 06:36 PM
Great progress, you seem to grow so fast! Although I'm sure it doesn't feel like it when you look at your hair everyday but it is nice to see the comparison. Do let us see the results off you trim! Happy growing :)

illicitlizard
February 26th, 2019, 06:50 PM
Amazing growth and congratulations on one year! Just my 2 cents, but it looks like your hair is relatively even in thickness in that pic from before the pixie, so you'll likely have to chop the back/mullet remains to match it at some point, can't go wrong with doing it asap!

Lizabeth94
February 26th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Looks great, that’s a lot of growth in one year! If you don’t want to cut it, you could try wearing it in a small ponytail with clips or a headband to hold the pieces that aren’t quite long enough for the ponytail yet. Should still look work appropriate!

Laura1986
February 27th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Thanks for replying, such nice persons here :D

Great progress, you seem to grow so fast! Although I'm sure it doesn't feel like it when you look at your hair everyday but it is nice to see the comparison. Do let us see the results off you trim! Happy growing :)

I don't think my hair grows particularly fast. A year is quite a long time and (especially in the beginning) it felt like it took forever. I have really fine hair and I figured this out here at LHC. It explains so much of my past hair problems! Like being very prone to damage, splits, breaking and ridiculous difficulty with tangles. Since my hair was really short, I had nothing of these kind of problems, so every bit of growth just stayed there (except for the mullet part, I trimmed that a bit). So I think that's why it seems like my hair is growing fast.

Amazing growth and congratulations on one year! Just my 2 cents, but it looks like your hair is relatively even in thickness in that pic from before the pixie, so you'll likely have to chop the back/mullet remains to match it at some point, can't go wrong with doing it asap!
Yes it is. It was cut quite straight across (from what I can remember). So yes, I'll snip a bit more off from, getting it a bit more even. I won't touch anything in front of the ears, since I need some length for the hair to actually go downwards and not float around :rolleyes:

Arciela
February 27th, 2019, 11:55 AM
What great growth!!! Your hair color is so pretty too :flower: congrats and happy growing :)