PDA

View Full Version : For the shorties, what is your ultimate goal?

Moondancer
February 22nd, 2019, 03:45 PM
So I know a lot of us have short term goals like shoulder or APL, but do you have a longer final goal in mind? Or do you prefer to just focus on one milestone at a time? For me I think hip or tailbone, but it's going to take so long so I imagine that may change over time.

illicitlizard
February 22nd, 2019, 05:47 PM
Yeah honestly I feel like LHC is going to fully get to me, when I first joined my ultimate goal was WL. This then moved to TBL and now I'm like eh, may as well shoot for at least classic!
For us shorties I think the journey is so many years long that it's kind of futile to project goals that far into the future? Idk that could just be my indecision shining through. Just seems unlikely I'll have the same opinions about anything in say 10 years as I do now.

meljan
February 22nd, 2019, 06:33 PM
I suppose I’m not that short at the moment, but in my mind I still am! I started growing my hair out a year and a half ago from chin-length. Am currently just hitting APL (I haven’t been paying much attention or obsessing and looked in the mirror the other day and was like “whoa! When did that happen??”) My goal is waist-length. I’ve always wanted Practical Magic length hair ✨✨ but mine usually stops at BSL (however, I have never taken proper care of my hair - continued to dye, wear it down, and use heat). So I’m hoping to get past where my hair would always stop in the past 😝

Lizabeth94
February 22nd, 2019, 06:34 PM
If I could someday reach waist length I would be thrilled. Right now I'm pixie short, trying to get my migraines under control. I just started amovig a couple weeks ago, and it seems to be helping quite a bit, but amovig can also cause hairloss so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. Ironically when I was 18 and I experienced hairloss, it was also from a migraine mediation Topamax. I had been on Topamax for several years with no problems but suddenly i lost hair around my front hairline and temples, it was a little past bra strap length at the time. :steam

blackgothicdoll
February 22nd, 2019, 11:39 PM
I tell myself I'd be happy go get my shortest layers to BSL, or most of my hair to BSL. My long term, bordering fantasy goals are around tailbone/classic/general hip area. If I could grow it longer, I would still, I'd probably grow it to the floor because with shrinkage it wouldn't even matter :D But I try to keep more realistic goals so I don't disappoint myself, and I know at least BSL is possible.

Aerya
February 23rd, 2019, 12:03 AM
Long term I've got my eyes on FTL. I think that's such an aestethically pleasing length! But considering my goal has gone from, like, waist, to that, I think it's realistic to assume that could change. I'm curious to see how long terminal is on me too, seeing as no one in my family has gone for such lengths as far as I know. Or I might get sick of long hair along the way, although I hope not.

But FTL is many years into the future and even more so if I want it all to be virgin. In a way I'm growing from 7 cm considering the rest is dyed. Meanwhile I'm looking forward to getting past BSL as I believe that is the longest my hair has been since childhood. I know waist is going to feel great! And that's like, a bit more than a year. :D

Stardreamer
February 23rd, 2019, 12:18 AM
I'm not super short but it feels that way, at around APL I guess?
My hair goal used to be MBL but I want it to flow around me so I'm thinking hip length is my ultimate goal. Now, if I could see some growth at least... :D

KoKonut
February 23rd, 2019, 06:05 AM
My goal is WL but I have a very long way to go. It's such a shame that I had MBL back in October before the huge bleaching nightmare disaster happened. So, I just remind myself that this goal is the same as any other, don't focus on the top of the mountain and instead focus only on the step right in front of you.

Begemot
February 23rd, 2019, 06:23 AM
My first goal is to get to APL but ultimately I'd like to end up around WL :) I'll see how I feel about my hair once I get there.

tekla
February 23rd, 2019, 06:33 AM
My goal is BSL or slightly longer. At the moment I'm at chin length so I have a long way to go. Somewhere between APL and BSL is the longest my hair has ever been so BSL feels super long. I'm trying to take it one step at a time and for me personally it's more about the overall looks and condition of the hair than inches. On the other hand I'd like to be able to do buns...

Obsidian
February 23rd, 2019, 06:34 AM
At this time, I'll be happy just to get past shoulder. I guess I don't have a ultimate goal but I know I will never go ultra long. Midback is probably the longest I would ever want to go.

Moondancer
February 23rd, 2019, 12:58 PM
I’m in a similar boat as everyone else. I am curious if I can grow it as long as I want. I’m mostly focusing on keeping it healthy so i can get there. I can’t wait until I can do braids again though.

postpixie88
February 23rd, 2019, 02:53 PM
Classic length is my dream! I have grown from pixie to shoulder length and am on my way to APL. APL is the longest I've had my hair in the past, so we'll see how manageable anything longer than that is for me. Realistically, I'm hoping for waist. I am still growing our bleach damage so anything super long is probably out of the question until I've grown out that damaged portion of my hair.

illicitlizard
February 23rd, 2019, 05:43 PM
My goal is BSL or slightly longer. At the moment I'm at chin length so I have a long way to go. Somewhere between APL and BSL is the longest my hair has ever been so BSL feels super long. I'm trying to take it one step at a time and for me personally it's more about the overall looks and condition of the hair than inches. On the other hand I'd like to be able to do buns...
I so so so want to be able to do buns again, especially now I know about all the different kinds that need lots of length.

I’m in a similar boat as everyone else. I am curious if I can grow it as long as I want. I’m mostly focusing on keeping it healthy so i can get there. I can’t wait until I can do braids again though.
And same on the braid front, I want healthy hair that's long enough to look cute in an english braid (just give it a couple years rip).

Moondancer
February 23rd, 2019, 06:39 PM
Classic length is my dream! I have grown from pixie to shoulder length and am on my way to APL. APL is the longest I've had my hair in the past, so we'll see how manageable anything longer than that is for me. Realistically, I'm hoping for waist. I am still growing our bleach damage so anything super long is probably out of the question until I've grown out that damaged portion of my hair.

Wow! You have come so far though, congrats!

Moondancer
February 23rd, 2019, 06:44 PM
And same on the braid front, I want healthy hair that's long enough to look cute in an english braid (just give it a couple years rip).

Same. I have fine hair though so it’s going to take a while.

2gaits
February 23rd, 2019, 08:01 PM
I've been growing for about a year and a half with trims. I've gone from chin to just beyond APL. For awhile now I've thought I would like waist length. I really don't think I would want anything longer and to be honest I'm not sure I'll make that. I get the urge to do a big chop. Fighting that and I'm sure I will continue to have that battle. Waist length seems like the perfect length to still have some styling updo options but not an overwhelming length to take care of daily.

desisparkles
February 23rd, 2019, 11:18 PM
I'm past APL now going for waist then probably hip. It feels so much shorter than APL to me though. I suppose I'll feel that way until I hit BSL which won't be much longer. I'm on a no trim for 2019 but I will S&D if I see split ends although I've never had splits in the past, even when I was at hip and used dye.

Moondancer
February 24th, 2019, 10:41 AM
I'm past APL now going for waist then probably hip. It feels so much shorter than APL to me though. I suppose I'll feel that way until I hit BSL which won't be much longer. I'm on a no trim for 2019 but I will S&D if I see split ends although I've never had splits in the past, even when I was at hip and used dye.

You are lucky. I’ve always have split ends at longer lengths, which is why I’m avoiding conventional dye for now.

Zorya
February 24th, 2019, 11:30 AM
I've never been past shoulder, so for me, BSL would be the ultimate goal for me. Right now, I'm in the wasteland between ear and chin so I have a while to wait before that even becomes an option but if I even got to shoulder again, that'd be the longest my hair would be in a decade!

lapushka
February 24th, 2019, 05:03 PM
I've never been past shoulder, so for me, BSL would be the ultimate goal for me. Right now, I'm in the wasteland between ear and chin so I have a while to wait before that even becomes an option but if I even got to shoulder again, that'd be the longest my hair would be in a decade!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Zorya
February 24th, 2019, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks! I've been lurking for a while and I feel like hitting the milestone of accidentally getting hair stuck in my ear was the perfect time to join!

Stray_mind
February 25th, 2019, 02:48 AM
My endgame is TBL, though once i reach it, it might change. It's common here on LHC, hahaha.

Simpscone
February 25th, 2019, 03:56 AM
My goal is waist because my hair has never been that long, my current goal is BSL though, that will be the longest my hair has been in way over a decade! Currently sitting about an inch above APL soaking wet!

gustavonut
February 25th, 2019, 08:00 AM
I still want to be classic eventually. Just as a blonde if possible.

TwilightMermaid
February 25th, 2019, 09:30 AM
I'd say classic, but I have a feeling that by the time I'm at TBL I might be satisfied, so time will tell:shrug:

BerrySara
February 25th, 2019, 10:06 AM
I started with a pixie length too (big chop) and have managed to grow it somewhere between shoulder and APL when dry (with shrinkage) over the past two years. When wet and stretched, I am almost at BSL but I never wear my hair straightened so it sorta feels irrelevant. My current goal is to grow to BSL with curls fully dry but ultimate goal would be to get to waist length curly hair. I assume when wet/stretched, that would be somewhere near TBL.

Happy growing everyone!

Laura1986
February 25th, 2019, 11:56 AM
I'd say collarbone because I know that is a feel good length for me. I probably grow longer first, see if there is another length I am comfortable with as well. I guess that this could be the case, since I have learned a lot already here at LHC.
If longer hair turns out to be bothering me too much still, I just cut back to a lob / something like collarbone length and need to accept that having long hair is not for me.

Asrai
February 27th, 2019, 02:31 PM
My only completely concrete goal is to get my hair long enough to use all my hair toys again, which is somewhere between just before APL & just before BSL on me. Ultimately, I'd like to get to at least waist, but I've got my eyes on classic if I can manage it. Of course, I buzzed my hair to 1/8" in October, so I have a good few years to figure out what I want to do.

February 28th, 2019, 01:14 AM

I could bun my hair when I had my lob. Good luck.

Laura - I'm afraid to grow mine out at all, lol. But I'll try a bob, lob max. If I'll be too bothered I'll buzz again. But I'll try lob... Not longer than that for sure.

forestwizard
February 28th, 2019, 02:32 AM
meljan, "practical magic hair" is such a good goal, I love that movie and I'm so envious of all the Owens' hair :)
Asrai, I'm also growing out a buzz! It's certainly an experience.

Ultimately my goal is at least TBL. I would love to grow to the floor, or even terminal, at least once in my life to say I did, but for sure I'll grow to at least tailbone. Right now though I just want to be able to yank it all back in a ponytail.

paulownia
February 28th, 2019, 05:36 AM
I’m currently just past shoulder length ( the most difficult and annoying stage I think ;) ) and my goal is mid-back. But I’d be happy with BSL too;).
It will take a couple of years to get there, so I’m not even thinking if I would grow my hair longer. But I certainly want it to be healthy. If it were so that my hair can grow to just one point and then I would notice thinning ends or damage, I would trim and stay at shorter lenght. Quality over lenght :)

LongHairM
February 28th, 2019, 06:44 AM
My ultimate goal has been hip length for a while. I have a super long torso so me hitting hip is like the average person hitting classic :lol: I think longer than that would be too much hair for me but I think the general direction is between waist to tailbone with anything in that range being a possibility.

purplepumpkin
March 24th, 2019, 02:39 PM
I'm currently just past APL and my long term goal is TBL. The first milestone I'm really excited for is waist though.

Aeonian
March 24th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Also growing out from chin length, I've had a bob for years so I don't t really remember having long hair because it's a long time ago since I had APL. My first goal was shoulder length, I've reached that point with wet hair but still have a lot of shrinkage. My next goal is APL with dry curls hope to reach that by Christmas 2019. After that....I really don't know, waist length would be nice but it will depend on the quality and looks of my hair. I have very thick, wurly, coarse hair with lots of layers. I'm curious how my hair would look at waist length, it's not really a goal, so we'll see.

I am #4.
March 24th, 2019, 06:49 PM
I tell myself I'd be happy go get my shortest layers to BSL, or most of my hair to BSL. My long term, bordering fantasy goals are around tailbone/classic/general hip area. If I could grow it longer, I would still, I'd probably grow it to the floor because with shrinkage it wouldn't even matter :D But I try to keep more realistic goals so I don't disappoint myself, and I know at least BSL is possible.

Utterly relatable! The other day I mentioned to my brother that I intend to grow it out to finger tip (I have layers of waist and hip length right now). He was disgusted and said, "You are going to sit on it!".... I said back to him, "I have type 4 hair. Not going to happen... waist length if I am lucky." :o

blackgothicdoll
March 24th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Utterly relatable! The other day I mentioned to my brother that I intend to grow it out to finger tip (I have layers of waist and hip length right now). He was disgusted and said, "You are going to sit on it!".... I said back to him, "I have type 4 hair. Not going to happen... waist length if I am lucky." :o

LOL tell me about it... shrinkage is something else. Excited to have enough type 4 among us! Are you relaxed or natural? And welcome to the forum :o

patienceneeded
March 24th, 2019, 08:36 PM
I've had hip length hair before and it was too much for me. Headaches daily from the weight of it. I'm at SH right now and basically want to be mid-back. Long enough to be long...and to be able to use all my hair sticks again.

I am #4.
March 24th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Thanks! I am natural.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 25th, 2019, 04:05 AM

He was disgusted? Wow... :(

lapushka
March 25th, 2019, 08:53 AM

Welcome to the forum, BTW! :D

Laura1986
March 25th, 2019, 09:56 AM
I could bun my hair when I had my lob. Good luck.

Laura - I'm afraid to grow mine out at all, lol. But I'll try a bob, lob max. If I'll be too bothered I'll buzz again. But I'll try lob... Not longer than that for sure.

:waving:

Hi!

Nice to meet somebody with the same 'fear', which is rather uncommon on LHC.
Somehow I think that if I let my hair grow too long for my liking I will be annoyed by it so much that I decide to go short again, which also might be too much again in hindsight, and also that I start to like the look, hairtoys and such, so that just being happy with a shorter, more manageable 'do' will become harder :doh:

Starya
March 25th, 2019, 01:00 PM
I want to say waist length... However one of the reasons why I ended up cutting my hair in the first place is because I was impatient and didn’t take time to appreciate my hair. I’m just taking it one stage at a time now. Right now I’m just trying to get it to chin length.

rubygloom
March 26th, 2019, 12:17 AM
Mine’s classic. I will stop once get there but I have a looong way to go :(

colormehappy
March 28th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Currently at SL. The longest it’s ever been is BSL, but that was from pure laziness of not getting it cut and way before I’d found LHC, so the condition was horrible. Even so, it didn’t feel long to me at that length.

When I first found LHC, my goal was waist length. Naturally, after lurking for a few years, my new goal is hip, with a possibility of tailbone. I’m rather tall, so I think tailbone is as long as I’d want it without it being too heavy and just more than I want to manage.

drummer
March 29th, 2019, 02:10 AM
My goal is shoulder length, i am just below ears now, so it should take me at least 1,5 years to get there, but for the first time, with non-treated hair 😊 I’ll see after that, as I’ve never had longer hair 💁*♀️

Riozen
March 29th, 2019, 04:10 PM
If I could someday reach waist length I would be thrilled. Right now I'm pixie short, trying to get my migraines under control. I just started amovig a couple weeks ago, and it seems to be helping quite a bit, but amovig can also cause hairloss so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. Ironically when I was 18 and I experienced hairloss, it was also from a migraine mediation Topamax. I had been on Topamax for several years with no problems but suddenly i lost hair around my front hairline and temples, it was a little past bra strap length at the time. :steam

I had been struggling with migraines the past 10 years and I accidentally found out that they actually happen due to my bad bite. If you have crooked teeth or an imperfect bite then maybe your TMJ joint issues are contributing! My English teacher also had them due to her deviated septum.
Would be good to find the cause so that you solve it all at once without having to be on meds that give bad side effects.
:cheer:

lapushka
March 29th, 2019, 05:08 PM
I had been struggling with migraines the past 10 years and I accidentally found out that they actually happen due to my bad bite. If you have crooked teeth or an imperfect bite then maybe your TMJ joint issues are contributing! My English teacher also had them due to her deviated septum.
Would be good to find the cause so that you solve it all at once without having to be on meds that give bad side effects.
:cheer:

That's great news for you. Unfortunately, there is no "cause" for migraines, still. No one knows *why* people get migraines, and most times medication is all that works, if it works. You can be happy, extremely happy when it does. :flower:

I suffer from migraines too.

It's not as easy or clear-cut as that. :flower: