PDA

View Full Version : Henna, here I come!

FrayedFire
February 22nd, 2019, 02:22 PM
I finally (thanks to 3AM lack of sleep) ordered two sample colours to redo my hair with. It's been so long - my hair is red in the sun, but I want it like that in all lighting, and I discovered that a sample pack or two does a fine job for my hair. The package arrived today... Fire and Sunshine! I'm so excited! I kinda think I should just do it right this instant, but I'm still deciding how I want to apply it.

spitfire511
February 22nd, 2019, 02:25 PM
WOOHOO! Yay for you! Can't wait for pics!

Moondancer
February 22nd, 2019, 02:41 PM
I'm thinking about henna too! What brand did you get?

C_Bookworm
February 22nd, 2019, 03:37 PM
Eek that’s so exciting!! Can’t wait to see it. :popcorn:

FrayedFire
February 22nd, 2019, 03:48 PM
I went with the "random glop" option. Used some conditioner to get the remnants, so we'll see how it turns out, haha. It might be a bit splotchy but it turned out well the last time I did almost the same thing, sans conditioner, and was happy with the results.

I'm thinking about henna too! What brand did you get?

Mehandi (Ancient Sunrise), I got the fire and sunshine colours, cause they seemed to be the brightest ones, but they have quite a few options to choose from.

Moondancer
February 22nd, 2019, 03:56 PM
Mehandi (Ancient Sunrise), I got the fire and sunshine colours, cause they seemed to be the brightest ones, but they have quite a few options to choose from.

I'll look those up. Sounds pretty, looking forward to pics!

FrayedFire
February 22nd, 2019, 04:48 PM
Probably won't get pics until tomorrow, but I will make sure to get some up. Plus I get to show off my "I can sit on my hair" length at the same time.

CopperButterfly
February 22nd, 2019, 06:43 PM
Can't wait to see the results. I love a fresh henna! Did you mix both kits together? Or just do one? If so, which?

cjk
February 22nd, 2019, 06:48 PM
I can't wait to see the result So!

Actually please post pictures before, during, and after. I've never seen the henna process, and I'm probably not the only one who would appreciate it.

FrayedFire
February 22nd, 2019, 08:42 PM
Ugh, my 4 paragraph reply got deleted cause I took too long and it logged me out.

Results are too subtle, but my hair feels nice. I will have to order more and change the ratio. Too much cassia, not enough henna. Only the tips of my hair got red, where I concentrated fire, sunshine on the length didn't do much. I could do the colours the other way around. Sunshine was a 3:1 so I think that's only good for touchup. I'll need a 1:1 like Fire or maybe a 2:1 if I mixed them to get enough red to make a difference to my natural shade.

Not really worth taking pictures, my hair basically looks the same. Maybe a bit of a gold sheen? It feels great but there's not enough copper, except on the ends. I want those brassy tones!

FrayedFire
February 22nd, 2019, 08:51 PM
Just ordered two more sample packs of Fire. Will return when they arrive!

dagny
February 22nd, 2019, 09:27 PM
Just ordered two more sample packs of Fire. Will return when they arrive!

Can't wait to see your hair! :-)

TatsuOni
February 23rd, 2019, 02:24 AM
Ugh, my 4 paragraph reply got deleted cause I took too long and it logged me out.

Results are too subtle, but my hair feels nice. I will have to order more and change the ratio. Too much cassia, not enough henna. Only the tips of my hair got red, where I concentrated fire, sunshine on the length didn't do much. I could do the colours the other way around. Sunshine was a 3:1 so I think that's only good for touchup. I'll need a 1:1 like Fire or maybe a 2:1 if I mixed them to get enough red to make a difference to my natural shade.

Not really worth taking pictures, my hair basically looks the same. Maybe a bit of a gold sheen? It feels great but there's not enough copper, except on the ends. I want those brassy tones!

Click on the "remember me" box, so that you won't get logged out :)

FrayedFire
February 23rd, 2019, 03:05 PM
Click on the "remember me" box, so that you won't get logged out :)

Yeah, I did that on my computer, but I switched to my phone. I just don't understand why it takes less than 10 minutes to automatically log out.

FrayedFire
March 10th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Oh boy. I've had the henna for a week, but I have someone staying with me who mentioned dislike of the smell, so I've had to wait for an opportunity to do it, and now I do!

So, I have two sample kits of the same colour, I'm gonna do one as a paste and one as a gloss. I'm hoping this will give me sort of a natural fading the gloss will go on roots and ends, the paste will be blended into that, mostly in the upper length since my ends are a good colour and I want to keep my roots, but move the red further up and intensify it since it's grown out so much and my last attempt didn't take as well, except on the ends.

Not sure what I should use to make the gloss...

I suppose some before pictures are in order... maybe once I detangle. I was wearing a wig for 12 hours yesterday so I think my hair needs a little TLC.

FrayedFire
March 17th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Okay, I had a week delay, but the henna is MIXED. I have a casual before picture, however, it's on my phone and I have no idea how to upload it. Going for a semi-gloss because I just discovered fire gensai and so I don't want to go crazy with the henna until I get that because DANG.

FrayedFire
March 18th, 2019, 09:39 AM
It turned out lovely, I have pictures to post but I'm not sure how to upload them. I usually browse LHC on my phone and I have the pics on here but I don't see a way to upload. *hmmm*

TatsuOni
March 18th, 2019, 10:59 AM
It turned out lovely, I have pictures to post but I'm not sure how to upload them. I usually browse LHC on my phone and I have the pics on here but I don't see a way to upload. *hmmm*

You can upload them to your photo album here and then post the url code here. At least you should eb able to do it if you use the desk version.

MusicalSpoons
March 18th, 2019, 11:50 AM

You can upload them to your photo album here and then post the url code here. At least you should eb able to do it if you use the desk version.

If not, you can upload them to any hosting site (imgur seems very popular here) and either link them, or embed them with the [IMG] tags :)