PDA

View Full Version : Matching scents

spidermom
February 19th, 2019, 02:38 PM
I have various styling products, and they all have different scents. My shampoo and conditioner have different scents from each other as well. I know that I can match the shampoo and conditioner, but what I would really like is to have a set with matching scents in the shampoo, conditioner, leave-in styling aid like curl cream and/or gel, and dry shampoo. Heck - let's dream big and have a deodorant with the same scent as my hair care products. Does anyone know of a line of products like that?

Ylva
February 19th, 2019, 02:42 PM
I would love for all of my hair products to smell like the Natura Siberica Oblepikha line. Unfortunately I just have a shampoo and leave-in oil from them, as the conditioner and mask are not my cup of tea in terms of ingredients (certain silicones I don't use). It smells quite strong and not everyone is a fan of that scent, but I love, love, love it. I've never come across a matching deodorant, though, in any haircare line. Maybe Dove could have something like that?

Corvana
February 19th, 2019, 02:45 PM
The closest I've ever gotten was by sticking with floral scents for everything, and smelling like a bouquet :crush:

ArabellaRose
February 19th, 2019, 02:54 PM
I use Loreal Dream Lengths shampoo, conditioner, leave in cream and mask and they all have a lovely sort of sweet smell, sort of like sugar/candyfloss/vanilla crossover but it's very subtle and doesn't clash badly with my other conditioner (Herbal Essences Hello Hydration).

Groovy Granny
February 19th, 2019, 02:56 PM
That would be great ~ I love roses :love:
I have added rose essential oil to my serum and use rosewater and glycerin (and embellished that as well), but my hair doesn't retain the fragrance long :(
And yes, my deodorant and lotions are rose scented too ;)

There was a time years ago when my hair smelled great after shampoos....now it is just meh :shrug: .....though there is no bad odor to it, but it doesn't smell at all :hmm:

lithostoic
February 19th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Shea Moisture does this with the coconut and hibiscus line. They have shampoo, conditioner, styler(s?), body wash, and lotion.

blackgothicdoll
February 19th, 2019, 10:58 PM
I just stick to products that are completely/mostly fragrance free, then apply a fragrance oil to my hair and body. I can follow with a perfume that matches the oil pretty easily. I think it'd be tough to find a full line, but as lithostoic mentioned Shea Moisture is one. I think the Love Beauty and Planet is another one that has both hair and body products (not sure about deodorant though). HTH.

GrowlingCupcake
February 20th, 2019, 01:49 AM
I'd love to have something like this. Unfortunately, I find it difficult to find fragrance free products. I usually just spritz my hair with Fairy Rose, my perfume or add a few drops of perfume oil before brushing.

I might get some EOs to add to my products. Anyone have a suggestion on where to buy them from?

Lady Stardust
February 20th, 2019, 02:13 AM
The Dr Organic range in Holland & Barrett (UK) have scent ranges for hair, face and body. I haven’t tried the products though so I don’t know if they’re any good.

guska
February 20th, 2019, 03:13 AM
I know that Urtekram have product lines with matching scents and main ingredients, e.g. nordic berries, aloe vera, rose, coconut. And those lines also have deo and other skin care products :) But I don't think they have curl cream/gel, at least not where I live.

Nini
February 20th, 2019, 03:57 AM
I'd say there's plenty of brands who do full series of whatever, but more often than not you'll find that not everything in it suits you.

renia22
February 20th, 2019, 06:21 AM
Some of the Dove deodorants and body washes have coordinating shampoo and conditioner scents.