PDA

View Full Version : layers grow, length rests take 2 *pic*

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I wrote a post last week about how my layers where growing but it seemed my length wasn't. I have found a photo from August 07 which shows my layers, now I have micro trimmed and done 2, 2" trims on my length only, leaving my layers alone ( the shortest was just 3.5" long last year.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/aug13hair19inches006.jpg

My new siggi photo shows my length today and my layers all grown out in the back, I do have a few in the front for face framing which I cut in myself. I think in some cases, the length does take a break in my case it definitely has. It also seems a little longer and dare I say I am BSL? well top strap anyway!

spidermom
November 5th, 2008, 10:33 AM
From what you just said, I would conclude that your length isn't "taking a break." You've been trimming it.

Honey39
November 5th, 2008, 10:44 AM
It looks really long! And such a pretty colour too.

lora410
November 5th, 2008, 11:06 AM
omg, simply beautiful jojo. Your hemline thickness is very impressive and you are growing so well :flower:

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 11:07 AM
From what you just said, I would conclude that your length isn't "taking a break." You've been trimming it.

i did do 2 biggish chops Feb and June i think the last was to get rid of the V, though to be honest i haven't measured since I got nothing in a month, though I do think it looks a wee bit longer but nothing like the growth i was having x

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 11:09 AM
omg, simply beautiful jojo. Your hemline thickness is very impressive and you are growing so well :flower:

thanks but truly not that thick in real life, I have just done a oil (borage) and it had just dried the waves make it look thicker than it is but thanks anyway xx

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 11:10 AM
It looks really long! And such a pretty colour too.
thanks, the colour is my own with a little help from rhubarb!

spidermom
November 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous!

LutraLutra
November 5th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Jojo, that's lovely looking hair! Nice growing.

Sherri
November 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Jojo i love the color of your hair so pretty and very shiney.:)

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Thank you everybody, sherri your hair is the exact same texture we even have waves in the exact same place!!!!

girlcat36
November 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Wow, jojo, your hair looks SO GOOD!

Vitalai
November 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM
You've got wonderful shine and growth!

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 02:38 PM
thanks girlcat and Vitalai you have made my day!

xrosiex
November 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Jojo your hair is so pretty. Beautiful waves and shine.:)

amaiaisabella
November 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Your ends look great! Are you trimming everything yourself? That's awesome! :)

paper
November 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Wow, Jojo, your hair is so pretty. It really has grown. And, the waves are so pretty!

Elphie
November 5th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I've only been here for two months, jojo, based on those photos, your hair certainly looks longer!

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Your ends look great! Are you trimming everything yourself? That's awesome! :)
yes, I have not been in a salon for 3 years this December, its really easy to do. I just part my hair in the centre and put my hair in 2 bunchies. Then I bring them forward, sliding the elastic to 1/2" to the ends of my hair, then lifting my head high and straight (this is the secret to getting a blunt hem) snip the very, very ends sometimes you see a V I just cut this straight across and then repeat on the oposite side!

thank you to everybody for your kind words, you have all made an old bird very happy!!!

amaiaisabella
November 5th, 2008, 06:41 PM
yes, I have not been in a salon for 3 years this December, its really easy to do. I just part my hair in the centre and put my hair in 2 bunchies. Then I bring them forward, sliding the elastic to 1/2" to the ends of my hair, then lifting my head high and straight (this is the secret to getting a blunt hem) snip the very, very ends sometimes you see a V I just cut this straight across and then repeat on the oposite side!

thank you to everybody for your kind words, you have all made an old bird very happy!!!

I can S&D, but that's about it :) Hopefully, as my hair gets longer, I can copy your method! You have made tremendous growth in the few months that I've been a part of this forum.

Garnet66
November 5th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Congrats on having such beautiful hair. I always look forward to seeing pics of your hair.

Friesiangirl
November 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Your hair looks very healthy!

Hayley

jojo
November 9th, 2008, 02:42 AM
thanks again! my confidence is high I can do this is just need to stop fretting and take on board it is growing!

Hatsumomo
November 9th, 2008, 02:54 AM
My length seems to grow but my roots stay. Daaaamn yooou henna!

Oh and you also have pretty hair:)

tiny_teesha
November 9th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Jojo, your hair is looking LOVELY! It is so thick, just sit back and relax, it's time for it to grow- and i see a lot of length gained!