PDA

View Full Version : The ordinary multi-peptide serum for hair density

priinnz
February 14th, 2019, 03:12 AM
Has anyone ever tried this for increasing hair growth and density? I see it has some good ingredients and is mostly natural.
https://theordinary.com/product/rdn-multi-peptide-serum-for-hair-density-60ml?redir=1

Begemot
February 14th, 2019, 06:05 AM
I really hope someone here has tried it! I tried looking for some reviews but didn't find anything useful for me. I remember someone described the sensation on scalp as "minty" when using the product, so I'm intrigued. Keeping an eye on this thread :)

lapushka
February 14th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Very interesting product. Might be ideal for my mom. Hope someone chimes in with experiences! Will keep an eye on this thread. :)

If it is tingly or minty on the scalp, that may be a no-go for my mom!

priinnz
February 14th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Yes I am looking forward to reviews too. So far I have read mostly positive reviews but I don’t really trust them like I would trust LHC. Someone on reddit was wondering if there would be any long term issues or increased shedding after discontinuing the product as seen with moinstat, so a bit concerned there.

Lapushka, the reviews I read mentioned that the tingling quickly subsided, so maybe your mom can still use it?

MusicalSpoons
February 14th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Do you know, I think I'm actually vaguely interested because it's not making outrageous claims, and it's not insanely expensive.

They have published negative reviews too, mainly from people who seemed to have a sensitivity to it - however I understand wariness to trust the positive reviews entirely because we don't know how much those people know about hair (a bit like the 'these vitamins made my hair bouncy and shiny within a week!' crowd). They do apparently have a 365-day money-back guarantee, which is reassuring.

lapushka
February 14th, 2019, 02:31 PM
Lapushka, the reviews I read mentioned that the tingling quickly subsided, so maybe your mom can still use it?

No if it's minty and has the slightest bit of tingling, it's a no-go!

chrissy-b
February 14th, 2019, 03:52 PM
I use it and have for about 9 months. I don’t find it tingly at all. It’s nothing like using essential oils in shampoo or oil, it just feels like you’re putting water on your scalp. It’s very light and non greasy and barely has a scent. I can’t say if it helps with hair growth or density because I started using it around the same time I changed my diet which I think is mostly responsible for my new hair growth. One of the active ingredients is also in this eyelash serum I use and that product *definitely* works to lengthen my lashes and eyebrows so I assume the Ordinary serum also helps the hair on my scalp. I did stop using it for about a month over xmas and did not experience any excessive hair loss or shedding. Each bottle lasts me 2 months with daily use. HTH!

priinnz
February 14th, 2019, 03:59 PM
I use it and have for about 9 months. I don’t find it tingly at all. It’s nothing like using essential oils in shampoo or oil, it just feels like you’re putting water on your scalp. It’s very light and non greasy and barely has a scent. I can’t say if it helps with hair growth or density because I started using it around the same time I changed my diet which I think is mostly responsible for my new hair growth. One of the active ingredients is also in this eyelash serum I use and that product *definitely* works to lengthen my lashes and eyebrows so I assume the Ordinary serum also helps the hair on my scalp. I did stop using it for about a month over xmas and did not experience any excessive hair loss or shedding. Each bottle lasts me 2 months with daily use. HTH!

Thank you chrissy-b. I really appreciate you taking the time for writing this. My hair type is very similar to yours so glad to know you don't get greasiness with it.

May I ask how many drops you apply to your hair and how often do you wash?

lapushka
February 14th, 2019, 04:45 PM

Hugely helpful - thank you!

priinnz
February 15th, 2019, 02:09 AM
Now after getting all excited about it I realise it is not delivered here 😭😭😭😭

gustavonut
February 15th, 2019, 02:15 AM
I kinda want it but at the same time I need to use up my current stash... :mad:

chrissy-b
February 15th, 2019, 11:26 AM
Thank you chrissy-b. I really appreciate you taking the time for writing this. My hair type is very similar to yours so glad to know you don't get greasiness with it.

May I ask how many drops you apply to your hair and how often do you wash?

You’re welcome! I just squeeze the dropper once which fills it about halfway and squeeze that directly on my scalp and rub it in. I wash about 2-3 times a week depending on how much I work out.

chrissy-b
February 15th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Now after getting all excited about it I realise it is not delivered here 😭😭😭😭
I have seen it on amazon too.

Suortuva
February 15th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Now I'm interested not only of this product but the whole brand :agape:

Begemot
February 15th, 2019, 12:46 PM
Now I'm interested not only of this product but the whole brand :agape:

It's awesome, I really recommend TO! Lots of great skin care products and the prices are super affordable.

Suortuva
February 15th, 2019, 12:48 PM
It's awesome, I really recommend TO! Lots of great skin care products and the prices are super affordable.

I might test then! The prices seems to really good and they are easily available online (I just love online shopping...)

Begemot
February 15th, 2019, 01:11 PM
I might test then! The prices seems to really good and they are easily available online (I just love online shopping...)

Yeah they are so easily available, many Scandinavian online shops have stocked them recently :) It's addicting when you get the taste of trying all those cheap products lol.

nycelle
February 15th, 2019, 04:12 PM
I love TO. I also like NIOD products.

At this point, I think I've tried at least 5-6 various serums from TO's line, and 2 from NIOD. I'm looking forward to trying the Hydrating Mist from Hylamide. (All Deciem companies)

My fave from TO is the Marine Hyaluronics. It's a beautiful product. I started using it when I realized their Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 irritated my face (my skin is very sensitive.) The Marine HA is freakin' awesome- plumps up my skin, no irritation, no redness.. just hydration.

Longlegs
February 15th, 2019, 04:45 PM
I use their Argan Oil and it's nice, considering all the fancy ingredients they have in their skincare products they're quite reasonably priced.

Cate36
February 15th, 2019, 06:38 PM

I'll order some :).. will give it a go :) .. I'll give it a months use and report back. I changed my diet over 3 months ago now, so if it works, it won't be due to diet...

Hmm (edit) just changed my mind, some of the reviews are scary! Hair loss, increase thinning and itching. not worth it...

Suortuva
February 16th, 2019, 01:15 AM
My fave from TO is the Marine Hyaluronics. It's a beautiful product. I started using it when I realized their Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 irritated my face (my skin is very sensitive.) The Marine HA is freakin' awesome- plumps up my skin, no irritation, no redness.. just hydration.

I'm happy you mentioned this. I really want something with HA, so I was thinking about Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, but my skin is somewhat sensitive, so maybe it would be better to test Marine Hyaluronics then.

priinnz
February 16th, 2019, 05:11 AM
I have seen it on amazon too.

Yes but unfortunately no one seems to want to deliver it to nz :(

Copasetic
February 16th, 2019, 07:59 AM
I have been using this product for about months. I think my hair looks healthier, but I really should have taken before and after pictures.

Also, for those wondering, this is not a hair growth product. The manufacturer doesn't even claim it is. It is for "hair health".

nycelle
February 16th, 2019, 09:01 AM
I'm happy you mentioned this. I really want something with HA, so I was thinking about Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, but my skin is somewhat sensitive, so maybe it would be better to test Marine Hyaluronics then.

I think this is definitely a your miles may very type of thing. Everyone has a different favorite. But since they're so affordable, and you can return and just get another, it's easy enough to see which works better for you.
I kept the other HA and use it on my hands followed by a moisturizer. It's awesome this way.

Aside from the Marine HA working better for me, I hated the thick, sticky consistency of their HA 2% +B5 and how it felt on my face.
The Marine HA has a water texture and I prefer it.

lapushka
February 16th, 2019, 09:36 AM
I can vouch for their "regular" HA (the one that nycelle has issues with). My mom used a bottle, I did, and we were fine with it. I have extremely dry bordering on sensitive skin and my mom has normal facial skin.

We now use the one that was available for a short while at our local Aldi (stocked up).

All of them, really nice!

We also tried the cream, the "moisturizing factors". A good fit for mom, but a little too light for me so I layered it up underneath my Nivea blue tin. It wasn't "watery" though, but not "oily/greasy" either. I have rarely run into such creams! Worth it for sure.

All in all, I would try them out again, if it weren't for the skincare I need to power through. ;)

Suortuva
February 16th, 2019, 02:14 PM
You are surely right nycelle and lapushka. And if I don't like some product, my DH will use it anyway (well, he will use the products I like too, which is not a problem, I think that kind of products are ours though it is always me who do that kind of purchases).

So I think I will buy (probably from Beauty Bay) this hair serum and some other stuff from this brand. I saw they have lots of hydrating stuff which is just what I need.

lakhesis
February 16th, 2019, 03:53 PM
Off topic, but I just have to write a big THANK YOU for showing me that website, I heard a lot about the brand some time ago, but I found it impossible to find website that ships here without paying for customs. Already placed an order, the serum included, thanks!!

MusicalSpoons
February 16th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Off topic, but I just have to write a big THANK YOU for showing me that website, I heard a lot about the brand some time ago, but I found it impossible to find website that ships here without paying for customs. Already placed an order, the serum included, thanks!!

Where do they ship from? Trying to work out if I'd hypothetically be hit with customs charges from outside EU.

lakhesis
February 16th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Where do they ship from? Trying to work out if I'd hypothetically be hit with customs charges from outside EU.

From their FAQs:

"Are there any taxes, brokerage, or customs fees?
Any applicable taxes are applied to your full order (including shipping). This will be reflected by the total cost upon checkout.

You will not incur any such border fees in Canada, USA, UK, EU or Australia as these countries are served by our local offices. For other destinations. you may be charged handling fees and taxes as your order passes through customs. Any charges on a parcel are the customer’s responsibility"

Suortuva
February 16th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Beauty Bay ships from UK!

I found this site earlier this autumn, and I have purchased from them once before. It took 3 weeks to arrive to Sweden (usually from UK is much faster) but is was during Black Friday time and there was total chaos at our local PostNord too (well, I think it's always chaotic nowadays). So it's very handy for us inside EU.

Edit: oh, lakhesis was first!

lapushka
February 16th, 2019, 04:22 PM

The Ordinary = UK, I think. :hmm:

nycelle
February 16th, 2019, 04:49 PM
The Ordinary = UK, I think. :hmm:

The Ordinary is part of Deciem. Deciem was bought out by Estee Lauder a while ago. Estee Lauder is American company.

nycelle
February 16th, 2019, 05:00 PM
Actually, Deciems HQ is in Toronto, Canada.

lapushka
February 16th, 2019, 05:02 PM
My package came from the UK, when I ordered; no customs at the time. Now with Brexit, who knows.

nycelle
February 16th, 2019, 05:02 PM

They ship within the UK. Looks like standard shipping on their site is 4.99 GBP for orders under 25GBP. For orders over 25, it's free.

Just go to their UK site HERE (https://theordinary.com/?lang=en&region=GB)

MusicalSpoons
February 16th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Thank you lakhesis, Suortuva, lapushka and nycelle! :flower: I'd tried to find it on their site but brainfog meant I clearly didn't look in the right place :doh: Good to know, yay!

Nevb1973
February 17th, 2019, 06:14 PM
I discovered the Ordinary recently and have started using the facial serums. I think they really do help. I’ve been using Matrixyl 10% with HA
Granactive Retinoid 2% in squalane
Alpha Lipoic acid 5%

I just ordered the hair serum today and the foundation to try that out too. For $6.90 I figured you can’t go wrong.
Free shipping when you order $25 in the US at least.

priinnz
February 17th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Thank you lakhesis, Suortuva, lapushka and nycelle! :flower: I'd tried to find it on their site but brainfog meant I clearly didn't look in the right place :doh: Good to know, yay!

When I tried ordering TO products from lookfantastic or asos, they were shipping from UK.

priinnz
February 17th, 2019, 08:00 PM
Beauty Bay ships from UK!

I found this site earlier this autumn, and I have purchased from them once before. It took 3 weeks to arrive to Sweden (usually from UK is much faster) but is was during Black Friday time and there was total chaos at our local PostNord too (well, I think it's always chaotic nowadays). So it's very handy for us inside EU.

Thankyou thankyou so much for mentioning beautybay.. They are willing to ship it here :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Suortuva
February 18th, 2019, 01:01 AM
Thankyou thankyou so much for mentioning beautybay.. They are willing to ship it here :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You're so welcome! :o Good I mentioned them then. Hope you will be happy with their services.

priinnz
February 18th, 2019, 03:50 AM
You're so welcome! :o Good I mentioned them then. Hope you will be happy with their services.

Yes can’t thank you enough. I have placed the order today for the hair serum and few other things (feeling a bit guilty now) and it should be here in a couple of weeks. I am really excited to try the hair serum after the massive hairfall I have been having for years.

Wondering if I can alternate the serum with my other oils that I use for pre poo though.

nycelle
February 18th, 2019, 06:33 AM
Is there a reason why some of you aren't ordering directly from The Ordinary's site? According to their site, they do deliver to New Zealand.
When you're on their New Zealand site, it says it's 35NZD though which is 24USD, so more expensive than the US/Canada site.

lapushka
February 18th, 2019, 07:34 AM
Is there a reason why some of you aren't ordering directly from The Ordinary's site? According to their site, they do deliver to New Zealand.
When you're on their New Zealand site, it says it's 35NZD though which is 24USD, so more expensive than the US/Canada site.

I think I ordered directly from them and I got the UK site, so I think you get redirected depending where your "machine" / locale is from.

nycelle
February 18th, 2019, 07:52 AM
I think I ordered directly from them and I got the UK site, so I think you get redirected depending where your "machine" / locale is from.

I understand, but priinnz said TO doesn't ship to her country... but they do.

They have warehouses all over the world, so which warehouse it ships from doesn't really matter, my point is they do ship. That's why I'm wondering why some people in this thread say they don't ship to their country,
In fact, they ship to most (if not all) of Europe, Middle East, Asia, NZ and Australia. If the site doesn't automatically load the country you're in, just change it. The option exists in the upper right hand corner next to basket.

lapushka
February 18th, 2019, 09:51 AM
I understand, but priinnz said TO doesn't ship to her country... but they do.

They have warehouses all over the world, so which warehouse it ships from doesn't really matter, my point is they do ship. That's why I'm wondering why some people in this thread say they don't ship to their country,
In fact, they ship to most (if not all) of Europe, Middle East, Asia, NZ and Australia. If the site doesn't automatically load the country you're in, just change it. The option exists in the upper right hand corner next to basket.

Hmm, yeah, that's odd. Shipping might be available but out of the question due to higher costs? Maybe it's that?

priinnz
February 18th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Hi nycelle, thanks for bringing this to my notice. Initially when I had tried their website they directed me to buy from a store in NZ, which does not stock the hair serum.

Then when you mentioned I checked again and saw online shopping was possible (duh.. I can be blind sometimes). However surprisingly the products are slightly more expensive on their website than on beauty bay!!
So I am not cursing myself too much for being absent minded.

I have ordered TO products a couple of times before online. However this time when I tried ordering (even from nz websites of some portals) everything seemed fine until payment, at which point I was told that the product can’t be shipped so I need to empty the cart and continue. 😏

Suortuva
February 18th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Is there a reason why some of you aren't ordering directly from The Ordinary's site?
I wasn't aware they have a webshop that ships from UK and to Sweden. I didn't even thought about it, because that's not so usual, usually if I find some interesting productd, I need to rely my usual online shops. So I started with the Swedish ones and then checked all I have used and it turned out Beauty Bay was the cheapest one, and I ordered some other stuff from a different brand too. If I like the products, I might order from The Ordinary's own site next time, they seem to have same prices as Beauty Bay (just now, anyway).

lapushka
February 18th, 2019, 01:10 PM
I have ordered TO products a couple of times before online. However this time when I tried ordering (even from nz websites of some portals) everything seemed fine until payment, at which point I was told that the product can’t be shipped so I need to empty the cart and continue. ��

Well that sucks! :( I've had that happen a couple times myself, not with TO, though, and I can't remember with what, but Belgium is a teeny tiny country and not every store or Co. ships there.

nycelle
February 18th, 2019, 01:16 PM
I wasn't aware they have a webshop that ships from UK and to Sweden. I didn't even thought about it, because that's not so usual, usually if I find some interesting productd, I need to rely my usual online shops. So I started with the Swedish ones and then checked all I have used and it turned out Beauty Bay was the cheapest one, and I ordered some other stuff from a different brand too. If I like the products, I might order from The Ordinary's own site next time, they seem to have same prices as Beauty Bay (just now, anyway).

Yeah, if you can get it cheaper, great. I was just confused about the shipping part.

priinnz
February 18th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Well that sucks! :( I've had that happen a couple times myself, not with TO, though, and I can't remember with what, but Belgium is a teeny tiny country and not every store or Co. ships there.

Same for New Zealand: it looks like a tiny animal that got squashed under australia's butt on the map. and it is right at the edge of the world.

Lapushka, I have heard people in Europe often take a train ride to Germany (especially from Switzerland) and stock up on cheap groceries on weekends. Is that not possible to do with hair products? Can a friend or family member do that for you? Sorry if I am being too naive here.

Longlegs
February 18th, 2019, 08:38 PM
It's on Ebay in Australia.

lapushka
February 19th, 2019, 09:17 AM
Lapushka, I have heard people in Europe often take a train ride to Germany (especially from Switzerland) and stock up on cheap groceries on weekends. Is that not possible to do with hair products? Can a friend or family member do that for you? Sorry if I am being too naive here.

I have never heard that at all. That's new to me.

I live too far off of the border. ;) Some people live close to the border with The Netherlands, and I have heard they often do groceries over the border, but that's it. Germany is quite far.

priinnz
February 19th, 2019, 02:57 PM
I have never heard that at all. That's new to me.

I live too far off of the border. ;) Some people live close to the border with The Netherlands, and I have heard they often do groceries over the border, but that's it. Germany is quite far.

Alright. I guess its far more common in border towns like Basel in Switzerland then.

priinnz
February 19th, 2019, 03:02 PM
So beauty bay emailed to advice my order is on the way... Yaayyy

I am wondering if I can alternate this serum with my ayurvedic oils..:undecided

Suortuva
February 19th, 2019, 03:08 PM
I am wondering if I can alternate this serum with my ayurvedic oils..:undecided

I can't see why not...?

nycelle
February 19th, 2019, 04:07 PM
I can vouch for their "regular" HA (the one that nycelle has issues with). My mom used a bottle, I did, and we were fine with it. I have extremely dry bordering on sensitive skin and my mom has normal facial skin.

We now use the one that was available for a short while at our local Aldi (stocked up).

All of them, really nice!

We also tried the cream, the "moisturizing factors". A good fit for mom, but a little too light for me so I layered it up underneath my Nivea blue tin. It wasn't "watery" though, but not "oily/greasy" either. I have rarely run into such creams! Worth it for sure.

All in all, I would try them out again, if it weren't for the skincare I need to power through. ;)

I think it has to do with the pH levels. My skin does better with slightly lower pH products. The Marine Hyaluronics has a pH between 4-5. I can use it twice a day and my skin has definitely improved when it comes to hydration. Crazy how much actually.
The Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 has a pH between 6.5-7.5.

Suortuva
February 22nd, 2019, 01:24 PM
So my serum arrived today. I just tested it. I felt a little bit tingling, but it was gone in a seconds. It barely smells nothing, I can't smell it anymore when it's in my hair. It was easy to apply, it's watery, not oily, so I don't think it will make hair/scalp oilier.

lapushka
February 23rd, 2019, 09:39 AM
I think it has to do with the pH levels. My skin does better with slightly lower pH products. The Marine Hyaluronics has a pH between 4-5. I can use it twice a day and my skin has definitely improved when it comes to hydration. Crazy how much actually.
The Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 has a pH between 6.5-7.5.

Sorry I took a while to reply. You think that could be it? Maybe it's the ingredients and where they are sourced from? If there's a difference in that?

Begemot
February 23rd, 2019, 10:18 AM
So my serum arrived today. I just tested it. I felt a little bit tingling, but it was gone in a seconds. It barely smells nothing, I can't smell it anymore when it's in my hair. It was easy to apply, it's watery, not oily, so I don't think it will make hair/scalp oilier.

Sounds promising. Please report more of your experiences with this product once you have used it for some time, maybe? :)

nycelle
February 23rd, 2019, 01:14 PM

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Sorry I took a while to reply. You think that could be it? Maybe it's the ingredients and where they are sourced from? If there's a difference in that?

Maybe? But it could also be because the ingredients just make the product a lower pH.
They have another HA (through NIOD) that contains 15 different hyaluronic weights, but the pH is also between 4-5. Gonna test it out and see how my skin does.

nycelle
February 23rd, 2019, 01:27 PM
I'm gonna start a TO thread where we can post all the products we've tried with Deciem (The Ordinary, NIOD, Hylamide, etc) and what we think.

lapushka
February 23rd, 2019, 02:38 PM
I'm gonna start a TO thread where we can post all the products we've tried with Deciem (The Ordinary, NIOD, Hylamide, etc) and what we think.

Good idea! :thumbsup:

Suortuva
February 24th, 2019, 01:22 AM
Sounds promising. Please report more of your experiences with this product once you have used it for some time, maybe? :)

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Yes, I will. If I forgot, just remind me. But I think I should remember it when I have used my bottle.

The first time I used it, my hair was slightly damp (it says use for dry scalp), because I had washed my hair in the evening and I was impatient. So yesterday evening my hair was completely dry, and the experience was a bit different. Even though I used it only for my scalp, which was easy, I felt that my lengths absorbed the product too, or something like that. And for a while after application my hair felt a bit strange, and very voluminous. But the strange feeling went away after a while, and this morning my hair was like normal and smooth.

Good idea! :thumbsup:

Yes, please do! That's a really good idea! I bought lot's of other stuff too, and I'm sure I will discuss it :)

priinnz
February 24th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Great idea nycelle, have you started this already? which subforum is it in? I would love to join.

Yes, I will. If I forgot, just remind me. But I think I should remember it when I have used my bottle.

The first time I used it, my hair was slightly damp (it says use for dry scalp), because I had washed my hair in the evening and I was impatient. So yesterday evening my hair was completely dry, and the experience was a bit different. Even though I used it only for my scalp, which was easy, I felt that my lengths absorbed the product too, or something like that. And for a while after application my hair felt a bit strange, and very voluminous. But the strange feeling went away after a while, and this morning my hair was like normal and smooth.

Thanks for the review Suortuva, your hair type seems very similar to mine and my bottle should be here this week. I am looking forward to start this exp with you. The directions suggest it should be applied at night, I am guessing that is so that the "strange" feeling you described goes away by the time you are out and about next morning.

Can you advice how many drops you apply? and are they all in the same place or all over your scalp?

lapushka
February 24th, 2019, 02:28 PM
Yes, please do! That's a really good idea! I bought lot's of other stuff too, and I'm sure I will discuss it :)

Come on nycelle, I'm waiting on that thread. ;) :p

Aunt Rapunzel
February 24th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Is The Ordinary strongly perfumed/scented?

nycelle
February 24th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Guys, you can create the thread too :)

Haven't had a chance to look through my Ordinary stash these last few days and comment, or I would. Please feel free to create it!

Suortuva
February 24th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Great idea nycelle, have you started this already? which subforum is it in? I would love to join.

Thanks for the review Suortuva, your hair type seems very similar to mine and my bottle should be here this week. I am looking forward to start this exp with you. The directions suggest it should be applied at night, I am guessing that is so that the "strange" feeling you described goes away by the time you are out and about next morning.

Can you advice how many drops you apply? and are they all in the same place or all over your scalp?

I applied it all over my scalp. Hard to say how many drops, but I guess at least 10, maybe more... So many that I felt my whole scalp was covered.

I was thinking too that we might have quite similar hair types, when I was reading hair twin thread. I'm barely ii, I just measured my ponytail without bangs, and it was just 6 cm. A couple of years ago it was 7 cm, then 6,5 cm and I don't think my bangs are eating that much hair though they are 'thick' (if you ever can have thick bangs in thin hair). I don't know what's going on, I haven't noticed more shedding that's usual... Though I noticed my virgin hair is much thinner than my dyeyd hair. Can be that, we'll see... What's your virgin colour?

Is The Ordinary strongly perfumed/scented?
No. I'm not sure, but I guess it's not perfumed, but there's only the smell of the ingredients. And that's not that noticeable. When it's in my head, I don't smell it anymore.

But my fingers feel a bit sticky after I have massaged it into my scalp.

One more thing, I haven't felt any tingling after the first time. Just applied for third time.

lapushka
February 24th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Guys, you can create the thread too :)

Haven't had a chance to look through my Ordinary stash these last few days and comment, or I would. Please feel free to create it!

You basically said you were going to, so you can't expect others to just then take that from you. :)

Suortuva
February 24th, 2019, 11:10 PM
Just a thought, can HA be used in hair care? Could it be good for dry hair too? Could it be possible to use Marine Hyaluronics for example? And if yes, how should it be used then, in a damp or dry hair?

lapushka
February 25th, 2019, 06:47 AM
Just a thought, can HA be used in hair care? Could it be good for dry hair too? Could it be possible to use Marine Hyaluronics for example? And if yes, how should it be used then, in a damp or dry hair?

I have no clue. Would be interested to know. But I think it would be a waste of product, TBH. I'd rather save those things for my face. LOL!

MusicalSpoons
February 25th, 2019, 10:40 AM

I think Joules uses HA filler on her hair. I don't know how that compares with the Marine Hyaluronics product but as an ingredient it seems to have a use in hair care :)

Suortuva
February 25th, 2019, 10:53 AM
I think Joules uses HA filler on her hair. I don't know how that compares with the Marine Hyaluronics product but as an ingredient it seems to have a use in hair care :)

Oh, I have missed that. I hope she sees this and can comment the use of HA in hair care.

Astrid Carlisle
February 28th, 2019, 02:10 AM
Oh, I have missed that. I hope she sees this and can comment the use of HA in hair care.

Not Joules, and unrelated to TO (I do use a lot of TO products, but not HA). I use a korean HA serum for face, and one lady reviewed it and said that when using it in a mask or on the hair, it helps a lot with moisture. I tried it once, seemed to make it a bit softer, but I also used a lot of other products that day on the hair. In general, HA seemes to be good for hair. So even though we aren't talking about the same serum, TO HA might be worthwile to try.

Astrid Carlisle
February 28th, 2019, 02:12 AM
To add, I used an HA serum on wet hair while showering, before applying my conditioner/mask

Suortuva
March 2nd, 2019, 01:01 AM
Thanks Astrid Carlisle, that was interesting.

I decided to try and added some drops of Marine Hyaluronics to my leave in. I can't say if there's any difference, but I can tell nothing bad happened. I think I will test squalene for my hair too.

About serum I can say, I feel my hair has behaved very nicely and been less problematic. Even my bangs started to behave. I don't know if it's the serum and how it's doing that... I have used it every night, it always feel a bit sticky when applied, but that feeling is gone by the morning.

priinnz
March 2nd, 2019, 01:18 AM
That’s great to know [B] suortuva [\B]. Do you see any new baby hair/ less shedding woth serum?

Suortuva
March 2nd, 2019, 11:49 AM
That’s great to know [B] suortuva [\B]. Do you see any new baby hair/ less shedding woth serum?

I think it's too early to say anything about that...

But this:

I'm barely ii, I just measured my ponytail without bangs, and it was just 6 cm. A couple of years ago it was 7 cm, then 6,5 cm and I don't think my bangs are eating that much hair though they are 'thick' (if you ever can have thick bangs in thin hair). I don't know what's going on, I haven't noticed more shedding that's usual... Though I noticed my virgin hair is much thinner than my dyeyd hair. Can be that, we'll see...

I have been thinking about what I wrote above. I don't think it's only my virgin hair... When I said I haven't been shedding more than usual, I just realised my usual have been a lot. And I mean a lot. Lots of shed hair all the time, everywhere. I just thought it was normal, because it has been that way a really looong time. But maybe it wasn't normal, because it seems to be stopped. I don't know if I can give credit for this serum though, I think it stopped a bit earlier... I don't know what happened and why, maybe it just was some kind of shedding period, who knows, but I'm hoping for new growth now.

priinnz
March 2nd, 2019, 02:07 PM
I think it's too early to say anything about that...

But this:

I have been thinking about what I wrote above. I don't think it's only my virgin hair... When I said I haven't been shedding more than usual, I just realised my usual have been a lot. And I mean a lot. Lots of shed hair all the time, everywhere. I just thought it was normal, because it has been that way a really looong time. But maybe it wasn't normal, because it seems to be stopped. I don't know if I can give credit for this serum though, I think it stopped a bit earlier... I don't know what happened and why, maybe it just was some kind of shedding period, who knows, but I'm hoping for new growth now.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to me. I know what you mean by thinking hair loss is normal. Since most of my friends and family members also shed a lot they all told me it is how it is and that’s what I thought till I started caffeine rinses and supplement.

priinnz
March 9th, 2019, 03:45 AM
Rather unfortunate to say, beauty bay’s parcel never turned up. I emailed them last week and they said it has been lost and have promised a refund.
However I would have rather preferred getting the delivery instead but they said they can’t do a replacement parcel also they cannot track parcels in nz. I am so sad 😕

Suortuva
March 9th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Rather unfortunate to say, beauty bay’s parcel never turned up. I emailed them last week and they said it has been lost and have promised a refund.
However I would have rather preferred getting the delivery instead but they said they can’t do a replacement parcel also they cannot track parcels in nz. I am so sad ��

Oh, I'm so sorry for you!
How strange that they can't send you a replacement. But a good thing you're getting refund. Are you gonna try to order again and see if you have better luck this time?

priinnz
March 9th, 2019, 07:26 PM
I thinking of trying the ordinary website this time.

priinnz
March 10th, 2019, 05:14 PM
However I would have rather preferred getting the delivery instead but they said they can’t do a replacement parcel also they cannot track parcels in nz. I am so sad 😕

My serum is here. So it seems the parcel was lost in post and Beauty Bay could not track international parcels. I will be starting this tonight and update with the results.

Suortuva, how has it fared for you so far?

Katia_k
March 11th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Okay, y'all got me. I just bought this. I was really pleased with the lack of extraordinary promises on the site, and the scientific and no-nonsense descriptions. I do a lot of herbal haircare, and as much as I love the practice itself, if every article I'd read was true, I should have floor-length beautiful curls by now. But I digress. I'll post about my results when I get my package. :) My hair has felt like it's slowly thinning over the past year or two, and I'd like to get some density back. Hopefully my scalp will appreciate this, and I can get back on track.

Oh, and to get free shipping, I also bought the Marine Hyaluronic syrum, and some chia seed oil. I was thinking of trying the HA on my hair as well, but we'll see. As I said, I'll join folks in keeping this thread updated on how it's all going.

lapushka
March 11th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Okay, y'all got me. I just bought this. I was really pleased with the lack of extraordinary promises on the site, and the scientific and no-nonsense descriptions. I do a lot of herbal haircare, and as much as I love the practice itself, if every article I'd read was true, I should have floor-length beautiful curls by now. But I digress. I'll post about my results when I get my package. :) My hair has felt like it's slowly thinning over the past year or two, and I'd like to get some density back. Hopefully my scalp will appreciate this, and I can get back on track.

Oh, and to get free shipping, I also bought the Marine Hyaluronic syrum, and some chia seed oil. I was thinking of trying the HA on my hair as well, but we'll see. As I said, I'll join folks in keeping this thread updated on how it's all going.

Keep us posted! :)

nycelle
March 11th, 2019, 04:26 PM

The Marine hyaluronic is an HG of mine. But I think my skin also loves all things algae/marine.

Katia_k
March 11th, 2019, 06:50 PM
The Marine hyaluronic is an HG of mine. But I think my skin also loves all things algae/marine.

It looked really intriguing, and I wanted to try it for both hair and skin. My skn doesn't seem to know what it likes, but since I'm post-30, I'm trying to treat it better.. :) And if it works on the hair, even more of a bonus.

Suortuva
March 13th, 2019, 08:45 AM
My serum is here. So it seems the parcel was lost in post and Beauty Bay could not track international parcels. I will be starting this tonight and update with the results.

Suortuva, how has it fared for you so far?

Oh, I'm so glad you got your serum!

I just realised I have used almost the whole bottle, in a couple of weeks... I think it's meant to last longer. I had used it every night, and probably too much. It says use for clean scalp, so maybe I should use it only after wash. I haven't noticed anything special, but my hair feels nice. I think this product might need more time, so I ordered one more bottle. I hope it will last longer.

priinnz
March 13th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Oh, I'm so glad you got your serum!

I just realised I have used almost the whole bottle, in a couple of weeks... I think it's meant to last longer. I had used it every night, and probably too much. It says use for clean scalp, so maybe I should use it only after wash. I haven't noticed anything special, but my hair feels nice. I think this product might need more time, so I ordered one more bottle. I hope it will last longer.

I am so glad too. So far I have used it twice in three days. Once I used 7 drops and once 5. How many drops do you use and how do you section your hair while applying?

My hair feels kind of voluminous afterwards even though I don't put anything on the length. But it may be due to the inversion method that I am currently doing.

Suortuva
June 6th, 2019, 01:37 PM
So I have used this 3,5 months now, and I recently started my third bottle. I really like how it makes my hair feel good and behave, and I plan to continue using it. I don't use it every day, but quite often anyway, and I have started to wash my hair more often too, because at the moment I enjoy doing it.

When I started to use this, my pony circumference was just 6 cm. I have noticed my hair new virgin hair feels better and stronger, so I measured again, and it's definitely at least 6,5 cm, and for me this is really something. I did several measurements both now and back then, both in newly washed and dirty hair, so I'm sure about the results, and there's almost no variation in the results. When I joined here, I think it was in autumn 2017, my circumference was almost 7 cm, then I had a very long shedding period, I didn't even realise it. I think I wrote something about it earlier in this thread.

And I don't know if my hair is doing better thanks to this product, or if it would be the same without it too, but as I said, I like it much.

ETA: I ordered the third bottle direct from The Ordinary's own website, because I wanted some other stuff too, and they had it all, and it was a good shopping experience, it was tracked and arrived fast.

Hailwidis
June 6th, 2019, 02:20 PM
How does it make your scalp feel, Suortuva? I’m interested, I’m also recovering from a big shed (and it’s taking forever).

Suortuva
June 6th, 2019, 03:06 PM
How does it make your scalp feel, Suortuva? I’m interested, I’m also recovering from a big shed (and it’s taking forever).

It doesn't feel at all. The very first time I tried it, I felt a little bit tingling, but never after that. It doesn't affect the dryness/oiliness of the scalp either. I really can't feel it. It's watery and gets absorbed fast. If I apply it in a dry hair before bed time, it feels a bit sticky, but the feeling is gone by the morning. Sometimes I apply it in the morning too, if I have just washed my hair, and I apply it a damp hair/scalp, so it dryes along with my hair without any sticky feeling at all.

Hailwidis
June 6th, 2019, 03:10 PM
That sounds awesome! I was worried it would make the hair/scalp greasy faster, as I really can’t deal with that right now (my hair seems to get greasy really fast, I’m having to wash every other day instead of twice a week...).

Wusel
June 7th, 2019, 02:20 AM
Every product on this site I'm interested in (sunscreen for example) is sold out!
Bad marketing strategy. They have lost me as a customer...
Good shop with great products and product ingredients but useless since every second product is sold out.
Annoying.

Astrid Carlisle
June 7th, 2019, 04:24 AM
Every product on this site I'm interested in (sunscreen for example) is sold out!

You can try looking in other websites. I scan a few different websites, if the product is worth it, why not

Wusel
June 7th, 2019, 05:20 AM
You can try looking in other websites. I scan a few different websites, if the product is worth it, why not

Yes... searching... but I would like to order a couple of products for my mom and me and to safe shipping it's better to order from one site.

Suortuva
June 7th, 2019, 07:06 AM
Yes... searching... but I would like to order a couple of products for my mom and me and to safe shipping it's better to order from one site.

Many web she have lots of/ all of their products. And sometimes the prices can be a bit lower. I have ordered from BeautyBay and LookFantastic. I don't remember their limits for free shipping, but it was reasonable.

gin
August 11th, 2019, 08:50 PM
I just got this on EBay, I plan on using it every other day or at least the night before every wash day. Unless my scalp and hair hate it. We shall see!

giraff
December 2nd, 2019, 05:03 AM
Bumping this. Any updates?

lapushka
December 2nd, 2019, 05:28 AM
I'm kind of curious about this too. Nearly got it with the month of November sale.

Obsidian
December 2nd, 2019, 05:42 AM
Hoping for good updates. I've been thinning for a couple years now and just went through a seasonal shed. I'm tired of seeing scalp everytime I look in a mirror.
I went ahead and bough a bottle of this along with a couple other things I've been wanting. Wish me luck

giraff
December 2nd, 2019, 05:54 AM
Hoping for good updates. I've been thinning for a couple years now and just went through a seasonal shed. I'm tired of seeing scalp everytime I look in a mirror.
I went ahead and bough a bottle of this along with a couple other things I've been wanting. Wish me luck

Nice! It will be interesting to hear about your results. Good luck! What else did you get?

Obsidian
December 2nd, 2019, 06:08 AM
The marine hyaluronic acid and a foundation that is usually always sold out when I try to get it.

Suortuva
December 3rd, 2019, 04:13 PM
So I used this product ~9 months. 4 or 5 bottles, I'm not sure. And I liked it. But then my big shed happened. And because it happened while I was using this product, I decided to stop using it. I don't think it had anything to do with my shed. But: it couldn't stop it. So why continue?

Obsidian
January 3rd, 2020, 07:27 AM
I've had my serum for just a bit, only used it few times so far. For those of you who used it and liked how it made your hair, can you elaborate on what you liked?
All it does to mine is make it lank and greasy looking. Unless it works a miracle for growth, I'll not ever get it again.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2020, 08:48 AM
I've had my serum for just a bit, only used it few times so far. For those of you who used it and liked how it made your hair, can you elaborate on what you liked?
All it does to mine is make it lank and greasy looking. Unless it works a miracle for growth, I'll not ever get it again.

Maybe it's only good on length, like say the very ends? Do you use this all-over, and how much do you use. Now I'm intrigued.

MusicalSpoons
January 3rd, 2020, 08:51 AM
Maybe it's only good on length, like say the very ends? Do you use this all-over, and how much do you use. Now I'm intrigued.

Isn't it for the scalp? :confused:

chrissy-b
January 3rd, 2020, 11:40 AM
Isn't it for the scalp? :confused:

Yes it’s only for the scalp. When I was using it I only used half a dropper. It never made my scalp greasy but also not sure it helped with growth since I was also in high doses of iron for anemia at the time.

Obsidian
January 3rd, 2020, 11:47 AM
I use about 1/3 dropper across my crown and bang area since those are the thin spots. Maybe I'm using too much, I'll try spreading it around more.

jenn14
January 3rd, 2020, 01:28 PM
I'm probably going to get this product. I've been thinking about trying it for awhile, i really don't have another product like it. I'll make sure to update everyone on what i think about it!

chrissy-b
January 4th, 2020, 10:42 AM
I use about 1/3 dropper across my crown and bang area since those are the thin spots. Maybe I'm using too much, I'll try spreading it around more.

Oh yeah, I used a half-dropper on my entire scalp. I can see how using it that amount just on the crown and bangs would make my fine hair lank too!

Obsidian
January 4th, 2020, 11:24 AM
Chrissy, how do you apply it? I've been running the dropped along a part then rubbing it in. Most ends up soaking into my hair, maybe I should be doing it a drop at a time?

chrissy-b
January 4th, 2020, 11:59 AM
Chrissy, how do you apply it? I've been running the dropped along a part then rubbing it in. Most ends up soaking into my hair, maybe I should be doing it a drop at a time?

I don't part my hair. I comb it first and then just run the dropper all over my scalp squeezing a drop here and there, and rubbing it in as I go. It does get on my hair, but not a ton, and once it dries it's fine.

ETA: I also don't vigorously rub it in. It's mostly just so it doesn't run. I try not to manipulate it too much once it's on my head.

lapushka
January 4th, 2020, 03:01 PM

Oh OK; I had no clue it was scalp-only. Oops. :)

Obsidian
January 4th, 2020, 08:31 PM
I used a lot less tonight and applied it more thinly. My hair isn't near as wet and the scalp I want treated is covered. Heres hoping it won't be lanky in the morning.

wishy
January 8th, 2020, 01:42 PM
I really like The Ordinary so I decided to try this out.. It's been a few weeks now. I use it before bed and shampoo it out in the morning because it does make my scalp look a little greasy. When I have time I would like to look into the ingredients a little more. At the very least, studies have linked topical caffeine to increased hair growth so I figured it was worth a try (more info on that: http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2017/02/scientifically-tested-over-counter.html).

polarnatt
January 9th, 2020, 10:49 AM
I have used this for three weeks now. I put it on every night (well, I have forgotten a couple times), and I don't see any greasiness or residue in the morning. I've applied it mainly on my temples and around my forehead, since my thinning is most noticeable there. Today I noticed my baby hairs around the hairline have grown and the hairline itself looked more like it did in the past before the thinning. So, I'm quite happy at this point and will continue to use the serum and hopefully I'll get even better results.

Mind you, I had experienced thinning (most probably from major stress), so I think the serum is mostly encouraging the hair to grow normally. I don't really think it can necessarily thicken the hair or magically create more hair follicles.

lakhesis
November 9th, 2020, 03:28 AM
Reviving this thread just to mention The Ordinary has a sale throughout all November, 23% off :)
I got two more bottles of the serum among other things, plus I also use their hyaluronic acid on my hair.

Diana Prince
May 25th, 2021, 01:40 AM
Reviving this thread just to mention The Ordinary has a sale throughout all November, 23% off :)
I got two more bottles of the serum among other things, plus I also use their hyaluronic acid on my hair.

Hello! How is the serum for your hair? Did it do anything good for the scalp? I'm really interested in trying it but I'm still reading reviews about it :).

maminimu
January 3rd, 2023, 01:19 AM
Hello! How is the serum for your hair? (https://beautyskincare-en.com/elevate-your-skin-care-routine-with-eminence-organics/) Did it do anything good for the scalp? I'm really interested in trying it but I'm still reading reviews about it :).

Thank you for sharing. :)