PDA

View Full Version : Was I just complaining about it not growing?

rymorg2
November 5th, 2008, 09:24 AM
WHY is it that once I complain about my hair not seeming to grow it jumps like an inch overnight? Does it know I'm not happy? Is that it???

Today in my shower I was scrunching out my final distilled water rinse. My hair felt like at least 1" longer, and looked it too, than it normally does as I am scrunching!!! I don't get it. Not that I won't take it, but I just don't get it. Even wavy it's touching my shoulders today. It is DEFINATELY longer. Go figure.

I'm half tempted to go measure, but I'm scared of what I'd see, so I've sworn off the measuring tape awhile at least.

peachy.pudding
November 5th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Ow thats good news.

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Funny you should say that, I had the exact same feeling today about mine but I am too keeping away from the tape measure until next month!

Its a great feeling isn't it? we must be winter growers!

suicides_eve
November 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
i can ditto that, i had to go take new pictures to see if it was my imagination or not lol- it wasn't!

spidermom
November 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM
My hair isn't growing fast enough. I want longer hair! (I hope that works.)

Islandgrrl
November 5th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I'm with spidermom here. <complaint><loud>My hair isn't growing!!!</loud></complaint>

Maybe that will work.

spidermom
November 5th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Izzie, I swear - your hair looks longer!

lora410
November 5th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Trust the feeling. Mine does the same thing!!! Do not measure, just enjoy it being longer.

Islandgrrl
November 5th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Izzie, I swear - your hair looks longer!

Already!!??!! :happydance: It's working, It's working!!! :happydance: Woo!

rymorg2
November 5th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Funny you should say that, I had the exact same feeling today about mine but I am too keeping away from the tape measure until next month!

Its a great feeling isn't it? we must be winter growers!

Yep, I'm definately a winter grower and I forget about that every year......Here's looking forward to faster growth! :)

rymorg2
November 5th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Already!!??!! :happydance: It's working, It's working!!! :happydance: Woo!

:cheese: :cheese:

rymorg2
November 5th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Ow thats good news.

sigh....I feel better now

rymorg2
November 5th, 2008, 03:30 PM
i can ditto that, i had to go take new pictures to see if it was my imagination or not lol- it wasn't!

HOORAY!!!! Maybe I need a new length pic....

rymorg2
November 5th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Trust the feeling. Mine does the same thing!!! Do not measure, just enjoy it being longer.

*lays back and enjoys the feel of hair where it wasn't.....*

squiggyflop
November 5th, 2008, 05:10 PM
ok so lets see if this works.. hey hair you dont seem to be growing im not happy with you! grow faster! nope no instant growth.. oh well it was worth a try..

congrats on your hair touching shoulders! :)

rymorg2
November 5th, 2008, 05:48 PM
ok so lets see if this works.. hey hair you dont seem to be growing im not happy with you! grow faster! nope no instant growth.. oh well it was worth a try..

congrats on your hair touching shoulders! :)

thanks squiggy.....maybe it'll work overnight for you!

Anje
November 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
<loud>My hair doesn't grow fast enough! It breaks too easily! It needs to quit this fall shedding thing and grow to a 3.5" circumference!</loud>

Hope it works.

rymorg2
November 6th, 2008, 05:18 AM
<loud>My hair doesn't grow fast enough! It breaks too easily! It needs to quit this fall shedding thing and grow to a 3.5" circumference!</loud>

Hope it works.

I hope so too Anje....

aries
November 6th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Well that's the answer then, "Complain about how slow it grows and it will grow"! I'm complaining about my slow winter growth to my braid right now so we'll see if it works lol.

It's awsome that you are gaining length. Put on a big paper that you are a winter grower and tape it in a place you will see it or right it in the front of your journal so you see it alot. Here's to continuing the growth.....Wooohoooo!!!!!!

noelgirl
November 6th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Congrats on the growth! Maybe complaining did work - they do say that the squeaky wheel gets the grease ;)