PDA

View Full Version : Bangs + extreme lengths

Strawonaberry
February 6th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Hi everyone,
I've noticed among these forums that the people who mantain lengths such as classic and longer don't usually have bangs.
Just for curiosity, anyone sporting this combination? I'd love to see your pics :) I plan on being one someday as bangs are very comfortable for me

gossamer
February 6th, 2019, 10:20 AM
arc691 does! She posts here occasionally and over on her blog quite frequently! http://691superlonghair.blogspot.com/

MusicalSpoons
February 6th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Haartraum is a member of LHN, not here (as far as I know) but she also has bangs https://www.instagram.com/haartraum/

I personally don't simply because I can't stand hair in my face, regardless of the length of the rest of my hair ;)

cestlavie
February 6th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Holistichabits on youtube has really long hair with bangs too! Looks amazing. I have bangs too but my hair is only APL :P I want to keep them while I'm growing my hair out because I like some definition in my face with pieces of hair.

Glitch
February 6th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Hmm, I know that Torrin Paige on youtube has lots of videos with the super long hair + bangs combination. :)

KlutzyChy1
February 6th, 2019, 12:39 PM
I have blunt bangs & my hair is about tbl in the back when straightened & I plan on continuing to grow until terminal, bangs & all hehe. I know this wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but I thought it might help inspire you a little bit.

https://imgur.com/AIA4GjI
(Also, please ignore my face)
https://i.imgur.com/AIA4GjIm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2YkOFYUm.jpg

AuntyMiki
February 6th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Bangs with between TBL and classic and still growing!

CindyOfTheOaks
February 6th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Classic with bangs here

Dark40
February 6th, 2019, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone,
I've noticed among these forums that the people who mantain lengths such as classic and longer don't usually have bangs.
Just for curiosity, anyone sporting this combination? I'd love to see your pics :) I plan on being one someday as bangs are very comfortable for me

Hi, I don't have classic or longer hair but I am wearing my bangs as we speak, and I'm going to continue to wear my bangs even as my hair gets longer. I also feel that my bangs helps me to to feel very comfortable too, and I don't see a problem at all having extreme lengths with bangs. I had girlfriend in high school that had hip length hair, and she wore her bangs all of the time!

Dark40
February 6th, 2019, 05:05 PM
I have blunt bangs & my hair is about tbl in the back when straightened & I plan on continuing to grow until terminal, bangs & all hehe. I know this wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but I thought it might help inspire you a little bit.

https://imgur.com/AIA4GjI
(Also, please ignore my face)
https://i.imgur.com/AIA4GjIm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2YkOFYUm.jpg

Hi, I think your bangs and hair is gorgeous! :) My bangs also come to eyebrow length. I always trim them up to my eyebrows. I also love the jet black or color of your hair as well! You are so blessed to have hair about tbl! I have WL+ hair now, and I'm also growing until terminal as well, along with my bangs too. I am keeping my bangs until the duration. A lot of people tell me that I look much better with them instead of my hair all in one length. Or, all pushed back. Because, I have a wide face.

lunalocks
February 6th, 2019, 06:31 PM
Bangs for me (all my life) and I'm at knee.

HeavenlyTresses
February 6th, 2019, 08:01 PM
I have bangs and my hair is beyond floor length :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34389&d=1544133752

Reyesuela
February 8th, 2019, 03:24 AM
Haartraum does.

I can’t stand hair touching my face so I don’t. :)

Who is the blonde Micronesian missionary with the Fl hair? She has bangs, too.

Begemot
February 8th, 2019, 03:27 AM
I have bangs and my hair is beyond floor length :)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34389&d=1544133752

Gorgeous :blossom:

lapushka
February 8th, 2019, 08:12 AM
Hi, I think your bangs and hair is gorgeous! :) My bangs also come to eyebrow length. I always trim them up to my eyebrows. I also love the jet black or color of your hair as well! You are so blessed to have hair about tbl! I have WL+ hair now, and I'm also growing until terminal as well, along with my bangs too. I am keeping my bangs until the duration. A lot of people tell me that I look much better with them instead of my hair all in one length. Or, all pushed back. Because, I have a wide face.

I would love to see a picture sometime, Dark40. Hadn't you once posted pictures? I think so. :) I'm sure your hair is amazing right now at WL+. :flower:

KlutzyChy1
February 8th, 2019, 08:42 AM

Thank you so much! ❤️ I don't get to wear them like that that often. My hair is naturally wavy, so my bangs usually end up pushed to the side. I much prefer my hair straight, but that's super damaging. & I'm actually a natural brunette, but I just couldn't give up the black dye. I think it looks better with how pale my skin is. I'd love to see what your hair looks like as well!

Strawonaberry
February 8th, 2019, 10:20 AM
Thank you everyone! especially HeavenlyTresses and KlutzyChy1 for the pictures you look great! :o great inspiration to keep growing
Happy growth to others like me who are heading there :)

(I hope I didn't miss anyone's pictures? I can't see them sometimes)

Strawonaberry
February 8th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Btw HeavenlyTresses I just saw your other pictures showing the floor length! I'm amazed :0 congratulations it's beautiful!

littlestarface
February 8th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Knee length and yes I have bangs but mine are side swept ones not straight across.

pailin
February 8th, 2019, 10:58 AM
Mine are long and sideswept too (I intended face framing bits, but I think they come out more as bangs). I didn't cut them in until about a year ago, just short of classic.

ladyshep
February 8th, 2019, 02:01 PM
I did for a while and I loved it.

lottiealice
February 8th, 2019, 05:03 PM
I'm only at waist but I'm aiming for knee and longer, I have no intention of growing my full fringe out.

Dark40
February 8th, 2019, 07:09 PM
I would love to see a picture sometime, Dark40. Hadn't you once posted pictures? I think so. :) I'm sure your hair is amazing right now at WL+. :flower:

Sure! I can post a couple sometime. Yes, I have some pictures posted on my profile. :) I don't know how to post pictures in threads. Yes, it amazing at WL+ :flower: Thank you so much! :)

Oh yeah, I've got an length update....I've measured my hair on yesterday, and I came up with 2 or 3 inches away from HL!!! Yayyy!!! I'm so very excited that I've made another milestone!!! :D

Dark40
February 8th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Thank you so much! ❤️ I don't get to wear them like that that often. My hair is naturally wavy, so my bangs usually end up pushed to the side. I much prefer my hair straight, but that's super damaging. & I'm actually a natural brunette, but I just couldn't give up the black dye. I think it looks better with how pale my skin is. I'd love to see what your hair looks like as well!

You're welcome very much! :redheart: Awwww, that's such a shame that you don't get to wear them that often. Oh, ok I see. My hair is naturally curly but I get it chemically straightened. I bet you do prefer your hair straight. I also prefer mine to be straight too. Yeah, using heat on the hair daily is very damaging. Oh, ok cool. I'm also a natural brunette as well!!! Oh, I don't blame you on that note about couldn't give up the black dye. It is very becoming of you. I love black hair too! I used to dye my hair black too but now I'm dyeing it dark brown. Yes, it does look better with your pale skin. Oh, sure! I'm planning on coloring my hair dark brown soon. So, when I do it I will post some pictures on here so you can see it!!! You are also very blessed to being almost tbl hair right now too! Right now, my hair is WL+. It's 2 or 3 inches away from HL.

Shepherdess
February 8th, 2019, 11:07 PM
I had blunt bangs for most of my life and hated them. My hair is super curly so they used to always try going upwards and I never could keep them tamed. I think I became brave enough to grow them out after I joined this community actually, so I think I must have had bangs at tailbone to classic length. I grew them out about 4-6 years ago I think. Occasionally I'll trim a curly lock or two so that I have a few curls near my face, but I don't know if that'd be enough to call bangs.

Here is one of the few pictures I had showing my hair with bangs. Sorry it's not the best picture. Normally my bangs looked terrible when my hair was braided, but when my hair was loose they didn't look as bad.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35437&d=1549692190

HeavenlyTresses
February 12th, 2019, 08:04 PM
Gorgeous :blossom:

Btw HeavenlyTresses I just saw your other pictures showing the floor length! I'm amazed :0 congratulations it's beautiful!

Thank you both so much! No matter what my hair length is I will always have bangs and they are the only part of my hair I use a hair dryer on because they have unruly cowlicks on each side.

GreySelkie
February 13th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures which really show it but I kept a sideswept fringe and hip-length hair for a year or so. I loved how it looked but I've been growing it out for about a year and a half because it was a bit too high maintenance, especially after I got my undercut. I kind of have a policy of only one high-maintenance thing at a time.
I also had a blunt fringe for a short while about 8 years ago, no photos of that because I hated it after about a week of having it!

Strawonaberry
February 13th, 2019, 01:59 PM
I had blunt bangs for most of my life and hated them. My hair is super curly so they used to always try going upwards and I never could keep them tamed. I think I became brave enough to grow them out after I joined this community actually, so I think I must have had bangs at tailbone to classic length. I grew them out about 4-6 years ago I think. Occasionally I'll trim a curly lock or two so that I have a few curls near my face, but I don't know if that'd be enough to call bangs.

Here is one of the few pictures I had showing my hair with bangs. Sorry it's not the best picture. Normally my bangs looked terrible when my hair was braided, but when my hair was loose they didn't look as bad.

I see, I happen to actually love the look of curly bangs :p I love your hair on that pic. I'm always jeaous of those because I like to make my hair wavy with braids, but I feel that my super straight bangs look weird against the waves

Shepherdess
February 15th, 2019, 10:00 PM
I see, I happen to actually love the look of curly bangs :p I love your hair on that pic. I'm always jeaous of those because I like to make my hair wavy with braids, but I feel that my super straight bangs look weird against the waves
Aw, thank you so much! That's really sweet of you to say. :flowers: I think straight bangs and wavy hair can look nice! I have seen some cool pictures online of people who do it. :)

shaiyeh
February 15th, 2019, 11:55 PM
I have hair to between hip and tbl, and bangs :) I did try and grow them out for a year, and they got about to chin length, but I caved in this week and cut them back in. I adore bangs!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Btk9JEyD08x/

Begemot
February 16th, 2019, 02:31 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35437&d=1549692190

Gotta agree with Strawonaberry, I just love curly bangs and yours are super lovely Shepherdess :o

Synester
February 17th, 2019, 11:14 PM
idk what you consider extreme length, but i have waist length hair and blunt bangs. my goal is TBL with bangs. popping on this forum because i want to see others long hair and bangs look.
I too always wondered if i would look odd with longer hair and keeping my bangs. Because i see its not as common to have long hair and bangs.

littlestarface
February 17th, 2019, 11:51 PM
Hi everyone,

She says it in the OP, classic and longer but everyone keeps going shorter :rollin:

shaiyeh
February 18th, 2019, 02:02 AM
littlestarface - I posted with my almost tbl hair, because my aim is beyond classic, and I plan on keeping my bangs even with longer hair ^^

Strawonaberry
February 20th, 2019, 08:49 AM
She says it in the OP, classic and longer but everyone keeps going shorter :rollin:

Ah no it's ok, I'm not really aware of how long exactly classic is anyway LOL, just threw one around, WL is still super long to me! Anyone can post anyway :)