PDA

View Full Version : Sudden growth of baby hairs, what happened?

Xlena
February 3rd, 2019, 07:53 AM
Hi!

Last year I noticed something quite weird: My babyhairs were growing! I've always had very short babyhairs, and one day around November last year I noticed some were getting longer. It has stopped, but I wonder what happened? ;)
The only change in my life is that I had a fungal infection for about a week in November a little before I noticed this, but I don't think that was the reason... wasn't it?

https://i.gyazo.com/8a376ef454f4c41cf17e1f98fd5eccc4.png

Here you can see it, and nope, is not broken hair that looks like babyhairs, those hairs were waaaaaaaay shorter before and haven't grown since December xd Any idea? Did this happen to anyone else?

lapushka
February 3rd, 2019, 08:35 AM
A fungal infection? On your scalp? Did you use anything medicated for it, like a shampoo?

I have no explanation for it; might be a fluke, after all it looks to be just one little "tuft".

Stray_mind
February 3rd, 2019, 08:43 AM
My baby hairs around this time have grown significantly as well.

Maybe they were growing ever so slightly all the time, but you never paid attention?

Zelle
February 3rd, 2019, 01:52 PM
Hi!

I noticed an abnormal growth of baby hairs this winter; the have been getting quite long! I think, for me, it was a change in my diet. I added an omega 3 supplement around 6 months ago. Even though the growth speed of my hair has been pretty much unaffected, i did notice my baby hairs growing like crazy! Perhaps you could be going through somethin similar?

Corvana
February 3rd, 2019, 04:35 PM
Have you been more gentle with your hair around that time? I've found my baby hairs to be a good metric for how gently I'm handling my hair, as they break so easily. When I'm being gentle enough they'll get almost long enough to reach my buns! Almost lol. I'm unsure if they'll ever get longer than that, though.

GrowlingCupcake
February 3rd, 2019, 05:52 PM
My baby hairs/wispies appear to be getting longer as well. It might be because I switched to a dandruff shampoo, like laphuska mentioned. I have been being more gentle with my hair on the whole, as well, and I started doing Olaplex treatments. Right now, they've gotten long enough to be face framing layers while before they were just long enough enough to stick up all over, and stayed that way for years.