PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me fix my blonde?

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 11:07 AM
Hey guys I am back with some more questions.. :)
I bleached my already dyed brown hair today and it turned out like this:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35243&d=1548867902

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35254&d=1548878615

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35253&d=1548878600

If the pics don’t show up I suggest just going to the album on my profile. :)

The roots (which were virgin) in my opinion are great but the length is too dark/orange in my opinion. Also, there are a few brown spots throughout my hair, so I am wondering how to tone this correctly.
Should I wait a week or longer and then bleach the ends once more, or should I buy a blue shampoo and conditioner to help with the orangeyness? Maybe a toner? If someone has any advice that could help me that would be great! Also, I am not worried or upset at all, I was sort of expecting an outcome like this anyway.

akurah
January 30th, 2019, 11:12 AM
I would advise approaching this from the notion of "escalation": start with the least damaging option. If that doesn't resolve issues to your satisfaction after a reasonable amount of time, "escalate" to the next least damaging option.

I imagine for your case, that would mean starting with the toner and/or shampoo, then trying the bleach if you're still unsatisfied.

Aerya
January 30th, 2019, 11:23 AM
If you had dye in your hair already, you can try a colour remover (Colour B4 or the like, depending on where you are). It's a lot less damaging than bleach and can be quite effective. Just make sure you rinse forever and do not dye or bleach again right away. Check out the thread about it om hairdyeforum, there is a ton of good information. :)

And you need to go longer than a week between bleaches. Trust me, patience is key, even if your hair seems fine. Bleach baths are also more gentle and gives you more control.

Obsidian
January 30th, 2019, 11:26 AM
I would go with a toner. I recently bleached my hair and colored shampoo did nothing to tone out the orange. I used wella T18 and got a nice light blond.

If the toner doesn't even it up, you will probably need to re bleach the darker parts. I really recommend a salon for this, multiple bleachings can be tricky to do at home.

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 11:33 AM
Hey guys I am back with some more questions.. :)
I bleached my already dyed brown hair today and it turned out like this:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35243&d=1548867902
The roots (which were virgin) in my opinion are great but the length is too dark/orange in my opinion. Also, there are a few brown spots throughout my hair, so I am wondering how to tone this correctly.
Should I wait a week or longer and then bleach the ends once more, or should I buy a blue shampoo and conditioner to help with the orangeyness? Maybe a toner? If someone has any advice that could help me that would be great! Also, I am not worried or upset at all, I was sort of expecting an outcome like this anyway.

The bleach box dye I used was Syoss Salonplex platinum blonde.

FennFire911
January 30th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Well it definitely seems that tone is the issue, and Sally's has a wonderful toning line for blonde hair.

https://www.sallybeauty.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-SA-Site/default/Search-Show?q=blonde%20solution

You can follow Akurah's advise of starting off with the least damaging by using these shampoos and conditioners, or even just the conditioners for longer (30 minute) treatments. Since these aren't an actual toning treatment but are subtle, they might need a week or two to get you where you want to be. This should be a really good starting point for you. :D

Ylva
January 30th, 2019, 12:17 PM
I don't know if you know, so I'll mention it anyway: the roots bleached lighter because of the heat of your scalp. The rest of your hair will need a second round of bleach at least to reach the same level. If you choose to go that route, I would wait at least two weeks before doing that, and if you do bleach your hair again, avoid the roots that time.

In the meantime, trying to tone it is probably a good idea. Good luck. :)

Aerya
January 30th, 2019, 12:22 PM
The bleach box dye I used was Syoss Salonplex platinum blonde.

Don't use box bleach. Get developer and bleach powder if you can.

Seriously, read up on hairdyeforum. That place saved me from disaster. I'm not sure if links are allowed but: https://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php/board,18.0.html?PHPSESSID=a58770c918a791052b3360ea 3ae8b447

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 12:31 PM
I would advise approaching this from the notion of "escalation": start with the least damaging option. If that doesn't resolve issues to your satisfaction after a reasonable amount of time, "escalate" to the next least damaging option.

I imagine for your case, that would mean starting with the toner and/or shampoo, then trying the bleach if you're still unsatisfied.
Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll be looking around for a good toner and toning shampoo and conditioner then. Germany doesn’t seem to have many BLUE toners :/

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 12:34 PM
If you had dye in your hair already, you can try a colour remover (Colour B4 or the like, depending on where you are). It's a lot less damaging than bleach and can be quite effective. Just make sure you rinse forever and do not dye or bleach again right away. Check out the thread about it om hairdyeforum, there is a ton of good information. :)

And you need to go longer than a week between bleaches. Trust me, patience is key, even if your hair seems fine. Bleach baths are also more gentle and gives you more control.

I’d you think it can pull the rest of the color out then I’d try it! I used it once already to try to remove some of the brown dye and it did help a bit. Also, the box dye I used seems to be a good brand and has salonplex in it (like olaplex) I also used Olaplex and a deep conditioner after bleaching. So far my hair feels extremely soft and not dry or rough at all, thank god.
If you have any brands of developer and bleach powder that I could use for my ends (if I’m not able to tone it out) that would be cool. I’m super new to bleaching my OWN hair so this is a learning experience for me.

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 12:35 PM
I would go with a toner. I recently bleached my hair and colored shampoo did nothing to tone out the orange. I used wella T18 and got a nice light blond.

If the toner doesn't even it up, you will probably need to re bleach the darker parts. I really recommend a salon for this, multiple bleachings can be tricky to do at home.

Germany doesn’t have that toner anywhere, I’ve looked everywhere because I’ve heard it’s the best toner you can get.

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Well it definitely seems that tone is the issue, and Sally's has a wonderful toning line for blonde hair.

https://www.sallybeauty.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-SA-Site/default/Search-Show?q=blonde%20solution

You can follow Akurah's advise of starting off with the least damaging by using these shampoos and conditioners, or even just the conditioners for longer (30 minute) treatments. Since these aren't an actual toning treatment but are subtle, they might need a week or two to get you where you want to be. This should be a really good starting point for you. :D

There are no Sally’s here in Germany :,( I’m currently searching for a good toner brand on German amazon..

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 12:38 PM
I don't know if you know, so I'll mention it anyway: the roots bleached lighter because of the heat of your scalp. The rest of your hair will need a second round of bleach at least to reach the same level. If you choose to go that route, I would wait at least two weeks before doing that, and if you do bleach your hair again, avoid the roots that time.

In the meantime, trying to tone it is probably a good idea. Good luck. :)

Thank you so much for replying!! Yes I knew about the roots, is it okay if i use the box dye again on my ends it would it be too harsh? I would wait 2 weeks before doing it of course. In the meantime I’ll be wearing more hats lol.
Now just to find a good blue shampoo and conditioner or toner...

Ylva
January 30th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Thank you so much for replying!! Yes I knew about the roots, is it okay if i use the box dye again on my ends it would it be too harsh? I would wait 2 weeks before doing it of course. In the meantime I’ll be wearing more hats lol.
Now just to find a good blue shampoo and conditioner or toner...

It would be better if you used a lower developer than what box dyes contain (they usually contain the strongest developer), like 20 vol. is usually good for most hair, but if you have box bleach left and your hair is in good condition now, and you're using something to protect it (coat your hair in coconut oil prior to bleaching as well if you didn't yet!), it'll probably be fine with box bleach. In the future, when you do your roots, I would look into buying separate powder and developer. It'll save you money as well since you don't need to use the whole thing at once. :)

Aerya
January 30th, 2019, 12:44 PM
I’d you think it can pull the rest of the color out then I’d try it! I used it once already to try to remove some of the brown dye and it did help a bit. Also, the box dye I used seems to be a good brand and has salonplex in it (like olaplex) I also used Olaplex and a deep conditioner after bleaching. So far my hair feels extremely soft and not dry or rough at all, thank god.
If you have any brands of developer and bleach powder that I could use for my ends (if I’m not able to tone it out) that would be cool. I’m super new to bleaching my OWN hair so this is a learning experience for me.

It's worked great for me in the past; I'd recommend trying it, even if it doesn't get rid of everything it's a lot better than bleaching! Here in Norway it's called Colourless - I'm not sure about Germany, but if it's available here, you'll definitely find something there :)

I don't know about the different brands of bleach powder and stuff as it's not available in Norway, but try the forum I linked you!

Just be careful to not bleach more than necessary - get someone to help you while applying so you don't put bleach on the already blonde parts. Take your time and use a low volume developer.

For toner I'd suggest looking for something without peroxide, either by mixing semi-dye with conditioner yourself, or try one of those "colour bombs" they sell these days. Revlon Nutri Color Creme worked well for me but I toned brown hair. Just keep in mind that a white/platinum toner requires very pale yellow hair to have effect.

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 12:46 PM
It would be better if you used a lower developer than what box dyes contain (they usually contain the strongest developer), like 20 vol. is usually good for most hair, but if you have box bleach left and your hair is in good condition now, and you're using something to protect it (coat your hair in coconut oil prior to bleaching as well if you didn't yet!), it'll probably be fine with box bleach. In the future, when you do your roots, I would look into buying separate powder and developer. It'll save you money as well since you don't need to use the whole thing at once. :)

Okay that sounds a lot less damaging. I only bought the one box, so I will probably do the developer+bleach. What brand do you use or would you suggest? Yes, my hair is in great condition right now. I pre poo’d before bleaching with coconut oil, and then immediately after washing out the bleach I used Olaplex for a bit longer than an hour, after that I deep conditioned with a banana deep conditioner. My hair is soft and I haven’t lost any strands as of yet.

Ylva
January 30th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Okay that sounds a lot less damaging. I only bought the one box, so I will probably do the developer+bleach. What brand do you use or would you suggest? Yes, my hair is in great condition right now. I pre poo’d before bleaching with coconut oil, and then immediately after washing out the bleach I used Olaplex for a bit longer than an hour, after that I deep conditioned with a banana deep conditioner. My hair is soft and I haven’t lost any strands as of yet.

Sorry, I have no idea about brands. It probably doesn't matter so much, especially with the developer, as long as you don't go higher than 20 vol. When it comes to the bleach powder, I'd just listen to the recommendations of other users or the staff of the store you buy it from. And that sounds good what you did to your hair before and after. :)

Makyle
January 30th, 2019, 12:56 PM
I haven't read all the replies so I apologise if I am repeating anyone.
This comes from years of bleaching my own hair only to have a professional destroy it.

That brassy darker tone is far too dark for toner. This would require another bleach process (or 2 sessions due to box dye). Please use a bond rebuilder like olaplex and I would advise coating your hair in coconut oil prior and bleaching over the oil (the oil does not inhibit the bleaching process but does help with damage).

Wait a minimum of a week between bleachings (preferably 2 weeks).

Wella T18 toner would bring you to a ashy platinum blonde after this.

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 01:05 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35254&d=1548878615
You can really see the brown splotches I was talking about.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35252&d=1548878588

Gosh it looks so dry in the pictures but the ends are only a little dry and the rest of my hair is fine :shrug:

FennFire911
January 30th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Um, I don't see a picture in the OP. Is there something I need to download in order to view images in thread now? Pictures in other threads have shown up...

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Um, I don't see a picture in the OP. Is there something I need to download in order to view images in thread now? Pictures in other threads have shown up...

:eek: Huh, that’s weird. I don’t have anything special downloaded, I just use safari on my iPhone. I’ll try putting the pics on the main post instead.

FennFire911
January 30th, 2019, 01:30 PM
:eek: Huh, that’s weird. I don’t have anything special downloaded, I just use safari on my iPhone. I’ll try putting the pics on the main post instead.

Yea I'm on my laptop right now but I just checked my phone and it didn't show up for me there. I'll go check the album.

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 01:31 PM
I haven't read all the replies so I apologise if I am repeating anyone.
This comes from years of bleaching my own hair only to have a professional destroy it.

That brassy darker tone is far too dark for toner. This would require another bleach process (or 2 sessions due to box dye). Please use a bond rebuilder like olaplex and I would advise coating your hair in coconut oil prior and bleaching over the oil (the oil does not inhibit the bleaching process but does help with damage).

Wait a minimum of a week between bleachings (preferably 2 weeks).

Wella T18 toner would bring you to a ashy platinum blonde after this.

Thanks much for the info, I am willing to wait 2 weeks or even a month to achieve the color I’m going for. I indeed used Olaplex #3 plus the dye apparently has a type of rebounder in it called salonplex or whatever. I also did wait two days after washing and used coconut oil before bleaching it. Do you have any brand suggestions? I’m having a hard time finding one :( I’ve heard a lot of people suggesting the Wella toner and unfortunately I cannot find it anywhere online here. :shrug:

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Yea I'm on my laptop right now but I just checked my phone and it didn't show up for me there. I'll go check the album.

I wonder if that’s happening for everyone :confused:

FennFire911
January 30th, 2019, 01:39 PM
I wonder if that’s happening for everyone :confused:

From other people's responses they appear to be looking at a picture. My response was based on how you described it.
I checked your album and the only pics I see are from the 23rd and earlier. Nothing today. Well now I'm just confused. But I'll do more digging on it later when I'm not drowning in homework haha

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 01:56 PM
From other people's responses they appear to be looking at a picture. My response was based on how you described it.
I checked your album and the only pics I see are from the 23rd and earlier. Nothing today. Well now I'm just confused. But I'll do more digging on it later when I'm not drowning in homework haha

Whaaaat. That’s so unusual. I added a couple photos recently and made it public.. But yeah, I wish you luck on your homework, haha :D

milosmomma
January 30th, 2019, 02:02 PM
I cannot see the picture in the op either. I just chalked it up to me being a new member still.

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 02:29 PM
How does this product look for toning my current hair color? I know it wouldn’t work instantly but maybe over time?
https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B072MPQMLK/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3EZ5SK2Y8G2M5&psc=1

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Would you guys suggest me doing a bleach bath next round or just doing the ends? I’m still researching what developer + bleach go get and sadly not finding much :/

FennFire911
January 30th, 2019, 02:51 PM
I only know like three words of that but I'm pretty sure some of the words in the description meant blue pigment so that's a phrase I would be looking for. Blue opposes yellow to cool off the brassiness.

Ylva
January 30th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Would you guys suggest me doing a bleach bath next round or just doing the ends? I’m still researching what developer + bleach go get and sadly not finding much :/

I don't think a bleach bath is your best choice in this situation as you don't want that bleach touching the roots that are already light. I would vote for proper bleaching session but no higher developer than 20 vol.

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 03:04 PM
I don't think a bleach bath is your best choice in this situation as you don't want that bleach touching the roots that are already light. I would vote for proper bleaching session but no higher developer than 20 vol.

Awesome, thank you Ylva, for being so helpful in this topic :pray:
And @everybody else of course :D

gustavonut
January 30th, 2019, 03:09 PM
https://www.amazon.de/Wella-Professional-Welloxon-Perfect-prozent/dp/B000NQ4XU4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1548886010&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=developer+20&dpPl=1&dpID=31aQeucabRL&ref=plSrch
20 vol developer

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B003BO4RQU/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AKHQA8R4JT7UO&psc=1
Bleach powder

I’m hoping these are what I need :eek:

lapushka
January 30th, 2019, 04:55 PM
I know when my mom colors her hair, she puts it on the roots only then waits for it to develop, puts it on the lengths of the hair to further develop.

Didn't the instructions say you should do something in reverse of that (as your scalp usually bleaches faster)?

Ylva
January 30th, 2019, 04:56 PM
Awesome, thank you Ylva, for being so helpful in this topic :pray:
And @everybody else of course :D

My pleasure to help if I am able to!

blackgothicdoll
January 30th, 2019, 06:44 PM
I know when my mom colors her hair, she puts it on the roots only then waits for it to develop, puts it on the lengths of the hair to further develop.

Didn't the instructions say you should do something in reverse of that (as your scalp usually bleaches faster)?

This is just my experience; the stylist called it hot roots. She lifted my hair and my roots ended up clown red while the rest of my hair was the desired honey-brown shade. I would expect that most people get hot roots - however, I see most product manuals have those instructions. If I'm not mistaken, those are the instructions for a touch-up, because the rest of the hair has already been colored once. For a first-time color, the roots will process faster than the rest of the hair, which is why it would be done the other way around.

I'm speaking on my disaster, Ylva can def correct me if I'm wrong. :o

gustavonut
January 31st, 2019, 03:31 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35257&d=1548930291

My hair today, very orangey yellow. But I am not mad or sad about anything, this is just the middle of the process :)

Begemot
January 31st, 2019, 03:45 AM
The color looks very even compared to the first photo, good job :) and good luck pursuing the color you want!

gustavonut
January 31st, 2019, 04:33 AM
The color looks very even compared to the first photo, good job :) and good luck pursuing the color you want!

Thank you for the nice comment! I find it far too yellow-orange, but I just need to not look in the mirror and let my hair rest for a while. The color I’m wanting is basically platinum.

Ylva
January 31st, 2019, 04:37 AM
This is just my experience; the stylist called it hot roots. She lifted my hair and my roots ended up clown red while the rest of my hair was the desired honey-brown shade. I would expect that most people get hot roots - however, I see most product manuals have those instructions. If I'm not mistaken, those are the instructions for a touch-up, because the rest of the hair has already been colored once. For a first-time color, the roots will process faster than the rest of the hair, which is why it would be done the other way around.

I'm speaking on my disaster, Ylva can def correct me if I'm wrong. :o

You are correct indeed. I don't know how it is with deposit colour, but when it comes to lifting, the heat of the scalp definitely speeds up the process. Thus I cannot wait any longer than 6 or so weeks to get my roots done, otherwise I'll end up with yellow banding due to some of the roots being too far from my scalp.

Having air circulate in the area is also essential. If the hair is all packed together as wet mush, the bleach won't be as effective, but what's even more important is to ensure that it doesn't dry at any point of the process, because it'll stop working then.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35257&d=1548930291

My hair today, very orangey yellow. But I am not mad or sad about anything, this is just the middle of the process :)

That's actually a pretty fun colour! And indeed, it's a work in progress still. :)

gustavonut
January 31st, 2019, 04:40 AM
Now I am just trying to decide if I should use another colourb4 box on my hair or if I should just try the bleaching route.. I am wanting to limit as much damage as possible. I will be moisturizing it more often, coconut oiling, and using Olaplex. I put a lot on coconut oil on yesterday and you can’t even tell I used it, lol. It soaked up almost instantly. I like that a lot.
Ylva HAHA fun indeed :lol: This is actually a really fun experience for me, and even if it ends up going to crap, well, then I’ll know what NOT to do next time!
So.. you are saying I can have a bag on my head during the bleaching process but make sure there’s a small opening for air, correct? Because that’s exactly what I did last night.

Ylva
January 31st, 2019, 04:53 AM
I see no need for a bag. I never have a bag on my head anyway. :lol: I don't think a SMALL opening for air is sufficient. You need to actually LIFT the roots and separate them to get that airflow.

I think it's too dark now for anything but a proper bleaching session since you're going for platinum.

ETA: I wrote 'roots' above, but I mean any hair that you are lightening.

gustavonut
January 31st, 2019, 05:13 AM
I see no need for a bag. I never have a bag on my head anyway. :lol: I don't think a SMALL opening for air is sufficient. You need to actually LIFT the roots and separate them to get that airflow.

I think it's too dark now for anything but a proper bleaching session since you're going for platinum.

ETA: I wrote 'roots' above, but I mean any hair that you are lightening.

Okay, no bag needed, that’s good to know.

My only option at the moment is to bleach, but definetly not the roots.

I’m looking into the developer and bleach powder but it’s kind of hard to find, especially since I’m still learning German x.x
I posted two links to what I believe is what I need a page back. I don’t want to buy it and have it be the wrong product or something. I literally just typed “developer” and “bleach powder into the search bar on amazon and picked the nicest looking price and brand.

Obsidian
January 31st, 2019, 06:38 AM
Okay, no bag needed, that’s good to know.

My only option at the moment is to bleach, but definetly not the roots.

I’m looking into the developer and bleach powder but it’s kind of hard to find, especially since I’m still learning German x.x
I posted two links to what I believe is what I need a page back. I don’t want to buy it and have it be the wrong product or something. I literally just typed “developer” and “bleach powder into the search bar on amazon and picked the nicest looking price and brand.

Those look like good products. I've always liked wella. Did you get a toner too? Wella T18 is good for icy blonde if thats the route you are going.

gustavonut
January 31st, 2019, 06:47 AM
Those look like good products. I've always liked wella. Did you get a toner too? Wella T18 is good for icy blonde if thats the route you are going.

I’m looking for a blue toner right now. Not finding the t-18 one unfortunately :( It seems like all of the Wella toners on the German site are purple. I am okay with a slight yellow tinge but nothing too “unnatural” looking.

gustavonut
January 31st, 2019, 07:18 AM

Sorry I took so long to reply! To my knowledge there were no instructions to do it like that. My German isn’t the best yet but I believe it only said to apply it evenly throughout the hair and let it sit 45 minutes. I didn’t do it completely by myself but it still turned out pretty uneven. But on the bright side my hair does not feel any different damage-wise, other than the ends feeling a little drier.

gustavonut
January 31st, 2019, 07:28 AM
https://www.amazon.de/WELLA-COLOR-FRESH-SILVER-75ml/dp/B003UT54KY/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1548963577&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=wella%2Bt18&dpPl=1&dpID=31FmcRUfYwL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0012XAQYY/ref=cm_cr_othr_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8#cm_cr_carousel _images_section

I wonder if these products are similar to t18 in any way?

gustavonut
February 1st, 2019, 06:26 AM
Bumping because I need more info before buying these products.. I don’t want the color to turn out bad :/

Ylva
February 1st, 2019, 06:42 AM
I don't know what the Wella product is, but I have used that Revlon 1002 conditioner which you linked, and indeed it is a purple conditioner, not a toner. I think your hair is still too dark/profoundly yellow/orange to benefit from that. It's best for brightening very light or platinum blonde hair.

Joules
February 1st, 2019, 07:00 AM
gustavonut, why don't you just go to a salon?

lapushka
February 1st, 2019, 07:11 AM
Sorry I took so long to reply! To my knowledge there were no instructions to do it like that. My German isn’t the best yet but I believe it only said to apply it evenly throughout the hair and let it sit 45 minutes. I didn’t do it completely by myself but it still turned out pretty uneven. But on the bright side my hair does not feel any different damage-wise, other than the ends feeling a little drier.

That's OK. Nothing like that in the instructions?

If you doubt your German, next time you have issues, take a picture of what you want help translating. We will all *gladly* help! :flower:

I hope the toner works, but I have no doubts it will! Your hair is light enough for a good toner to work but do not get a toner that is too too light!

geenie
February 1st, 2019, 09:56 AM
I would not use a colour remover, they are as equally damaging as bleach. Toner and toning shampoos to take out brassy tones. I'd recommend Charles Worthington ultra violent shampoo and conditioner.
https://www.boots.com/charles-worthington-colourplex-toning-ultra-violet-shampoo-250ml-10242159

gustavonut
February 1st, 2019, 10:36 AM
I don't know what the Wella product is, but I have used that Revlon 1002 conditioner which you linked, and indeed it is a purple conditioner, not a toner. I think your hair is still too dark/profoundly yellow/orange to benefit from that. It's best for brightening very light or platinum blonde hair.

Hmm, well I won’t be trying that then. I think I plan on scheduling a salon visit sometime soon at a salon that uses Olaplex here in Nürnberg. I’ll be telling them to not go over my roots if possible. So after all of that is done would I need toning products afterwords? I have a purple shampoo and mask so I think that would be enough.

gustavonut
February 1st, 2019, 10:38 AM
gustavonut, why don't you just go to a salon?

I believe I will be sometime soon. I don’t want to chance it by doing the ends only coloring by myself. I think I’d rather have the professional do it.

Ylva
February 1st, 2019, 10:40 AM
Hmm, well I won’t be trying that then. I think I plan on scheduling a salon visit sometime soon at a salon that uses Olaplex here in Nürnberg. I’ll be telling them to not go over my roots if possible. So after all of that is done would I need toning products afterwords? I have a purple shampoo and mask so I think that would be enough.

It's hard to say beforehand, but there's a good chance that you can make do with purple shampoo alone, but they, too, have differences. I personally never use toner, because it stings so badly on my scalp.

Obsidian
February 1st, 2019, 10:42 AM
Usually you would get a violet toner applied after bleaching to give a ashy tone to the blond. If you like the color of your hair after bleaching then you do not have to use toner. The purple shampoo and conditioner will help prevent yellowing of bleached hair and can be used like a temporary toner.
Make sure you take a couple pictures of the color you want to the salon, just saying blond will leave it up to the stylist to choose.

PixieNixie
February 1st, 2019, 02:57 PM
IMO you should go to a salon. They are gonna have to do a color correction due to the unevenness of your bleaching. The dark parts will need to be rebleached then rinsed. Then the rest minus the roots rebleached again. Then everything toned. I would not use a color remover. Those only remove previous dye and should have been used before you bleached if you had permenant dye in your hair. (They are not very effective in removing semi permenant dye). This forum isnt really the best place to ask these questions because most people on here do not bleach or color their hair and have no idea how to do so. If you still wanna keep trying to do this by yourself, I would try and find someone to help. I would put bleach only on the dark spots. Try no to over lap. Leave it on and keep checking it to get it to lift to what the rest of your hair is. Then I would rinse, olaplex if ya wanna, dry, and rebleach everything except the roots. Then tone. You can make your own toner by using a semi permanent blue based purple with conditioner. You kinda have to experiment with the amounts (it is best to do this on a test swatch of hairs), but you can mix up enough and keep it in the shower to use everytime you wash your hair. Blue will help cancel any orangeness you would have (hopefully none by the second bleach). Purple will cancel any yellow tones.

gustavonut
February 1st, 2019, 04:01 PM
You guys, I’ve decided I’m not going to play around and try to bleach my hair like I know what I’m doing. I plan on going to a salon soon (just trying to find it a good time when, don’t want to go too soon in hopes of not damaging my hair as much) and they just so happen to use Olaplex!! They have 4.9/5 stars online with lots of reviews and they are not too $$$. I will be explaining my situation to them and the history of my hair in its current state. So yeah, that’s my “plan” as of now. Don’t know when I’ll be going, estimating around February 12th-14th since that’s around 2 weeks after the first bleaching. Honestly, I can’t wait for the light hair. :o

Ylva
February 1st, 2019, 04:05 PM
IMO you should go to a salon. They are gonna have to do a color correction due to the unevenness of your bleaching. The dark parts will need to be rebleached then rinsed. Then the rest minus the roots rebleached again. Then everything toned. I would not use a color remover. Those only remove previous dye and should have been used before you bleached if you had permenant dye in your hair. (They are not very effective in removing semi permenant dye). This forum isnt really the best place to ask these questions because most people on here do not bleach or color their hair and have no idea how to do so. If you still wanna keep trying to do this by yourself, I would try and find someone to help. I would put bleach only on the dark spots. Try no to over lap. Leave it on and keep checking it to get it to lift to what the rest of your hair is. Then I would rinse, olaplex if ya wanna, dry, and rebleach everything except the roots. Then tone. You can make your own toner by using a semi permanent blue based purple with conditioner. You kinda have to experiment with the amounts (it is best to do this on a test swatch of hairs), but you can mix up enough and keep it in the shower to use everytime you wash your hair. Blue will help cancel any orangeness you would have (hopefully none by the second bleach). Purple will cancel any yellow tones.

There is absolutely no guarantee that the now-yellow/orange parts will need to be bleached twice. One processing can well be enough, even if you are using only 20 vol. WITH Olaplex. The key is to leave it on for longer (up to an hour) and not allowing it to dry. And IMO, it's fine to ask such here because there are a bunch of people here who do know about this subject.

PixieNixie
February 1st, 2019, 09:05 PM
If she is going blonde, as in a nice light ashy blonde, those orange parts will need to be rebleached; not to mention the parts that didnt even lift and need to be completely redone. She also has hot roots from bleaching her roots and lengths at same time. To even that out, she will need to rebleach the length to get them to the same level as her roots. I didnt say bleach the lengths twice.

Ylva
February 2nd, 2019, 03:19 AM
If you read this entire thread, you'll notice that many people have already addressed those things. They're not suggesting nonsense here.

PixieNixie
February 2nd, 2019, 03:41 AM
And I am?? What are you getting at and why are you attacking me? I do not understand your angle here.

To the OP: I am glad you are going to a salon. I hope they can help you achieve the hair goals you are looking for.

Ylva
February 2nd, 2019, 04:22 AM
I am not attacking you nor saying that you suggest nonsense. Your post gave the impression that you were undermining the advice people were giving here, because this is not generally the place to come to for advice regarding chemical treatments, so I was hoping that you had actually read the thread in its entirety before replying.

It may have also had something to do with the fact that I have picked up the same tone from you in the past in some other threads, but of course I hope that you don't actually think the way it seems to me. Tone can be difficult to interpret through text sometimes.

Joules
February 2nd, 2019, 04:26 AM
There is absolutely no guarantee that the now-yellow/orange parts will need to be bleached twice. One processing can well be enough, even if you are using only 20 vol. WITH Olaplex. The key is to leave it on for longer (up to an hour) and not allowing it to dry. And IMO, it's fine to ask such here because there are a bunch of people here who do know about this subject.

IMO asking about bleaching hair on a forum full of people who don't dye their hair at all isn't the best idea ever. Even those of us who do bleach can't see the OP's hair, can't evaluate its texture and condition, and therefore can't give any real advice beside "do it on the lowest volume of developer to avoid frying it" and "purple counteracts yellow". Bleaching should be done only in a salon, point blank period, unless you 100% know what you're doing (like, I used to do touch-ups for my Mom, but we did it only with products that her hairdresser told us to use, no box dye, no nothing, and strictly following her hairdresser's method). OP doesn't seem like they knew what they were doing.

Ylva
February 2nd, 2019, 04:28 AM
IMO asking about bleaching hair on a forum full of people who don't dye their hair at all isn't the best idea ever. Even those of us who do bleach can't see the OP's hair, can't evaluate its texture and condition, and therefore can't give any real advice beside "do it on the lowest volume of developer to avoid frying it" and "purple counteracts yellow". Bleaching should be done only in a salon, point blank period, unless you 100% know what you're doing (like, I used to do touch-ups for my Mom, but we did it only with products that her hairdresser told us to use, no box dye, no nothing, and strictly following her hairdresser's method). OP doesn't seem like they knew what they were doing.

I absolutely agree that bleaching is best done in a salon and would not recommend doing it at home, but it is not my decision in someone else's case, and if they decide to do it at home then I'll give the best advice I can give. It's good that the OP has decided to go to a salon, but if she had decided to do it at home instead like she already did once, it's worth it to at least try to get the best possible result out of that.

gustavonut
February 2nd, 2019, 04:49 AM

Yeah I already said I don’t know what I’m doing but thanks for pointing that out again Joules :shrug:
Also there are pictures in the main post and I already stated that if they don’t show up for people they can easily go to my profile and see the pictures in my album. So, I was asking the people who have experience in this subject, and not those who don’t color/bleach their hair, I thought that was obvious?

Sorry if I have not been posting much, I’ve been busy with work and because of my current hair situation I am having to wear a baseball cap every day when I go out or go to work, just so I don’t get questions or people staring at me.. But anyways, I will not be doing the all over bleaching of my hair by myself, I will be going to a salon to get it done. I will do the roots myself at home every month or so for the color upkeep, because that isn’t as hard as all over.. I thank you Ylva for all of your amazing advice. I also thank everyone who suggested going to a salon, why I didn’t just go there first is beyond me.. But that is the situation and it will be fixed and done with soon. I may be going to the salon today to see what they can do with me, I won’t be getting anything done as of yet though of course. I’d go just to see what they say.

Ylva
February 2nd, 2019, 05:06 AM
Happy to help if I can, gustavonut, and I hope your hairdresser visit goes well! :) Hopefully you and your hairdresser can figure out together which developer etc is works best for your natural roots, so you can more easily do them at home. It's a great time to experiment when your hair isn't super long yet, and you seem to be in the right state of mind for doing such and learning as well. :flower:

blackgothicdoll
February 16th, 2019, 05:47 PM
Bumping this thread because I saw your new avi and your hair looks great to me! Hopefully you can update everyone on your experience at the salon :)