PDA

View Full Version : What's in Your Shower?

dancingmegs
March 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Are you a minimalist who has only the few products you use every day? Or are you a product packrat with dozens of bottles precariously perched on the edge of the tub? Share what lives in your shower!

I'm pretty much a minimalist. I have the shampoo and conditioner I use every time I wash (Giovanni Tea Tree), coney Garnier conditioner I shave with, Suave conditioner for CWCing, a tub of body scrub, face wash, a razor, and some essential oils for baths.

AJoifulNoise
March 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
I am a minimalist, but only because I live with people who freak out if I have too much stuff in the shower. So, I generally have two conditioners, my soft soap, and a razor. That's it. Anything else I want is carried in right before I take a shower.

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
2 conditioners, 1 scruchie back scrub thingy, 1 shower comb, 1 razor, some soap oh and a red ball m dog put in!

silentwisp
March 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
I have a bunch of product right now but that's just because I've been too lazy to throw away the things I'm not using, like two bottles of shampoo and a bottle of conditioner I didn't like.

I only have two conditioners that I use, and some old empty shampoo bottles that I use to rinse my hair, since I don't actually have a shower all I have is a tub.

I also have a razor and two bars of soap.

WritingPrincess
March 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Most of what's in the shower is mine, because I'm the only one in my family who isn't WO. So, I have coconut scented shampoo, coconut scented condish, Garnier Fructis condish, and a "rain scented" condish. Plus a razor, a shower cap, and a puffball scrub thingy.

girlcat36
March 22nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
I always wanted to ask this question!
Okay here goes---
Brown sugar, olive oil, honey, cornmeal, razors, empty bottle for vinegar rinse, Goth Rosary conditioner, Burt's Bees liquid soap, Mason Pearson comb, shower cap.
Here are the things in my shower I do not use---
Conditioners: AO Honeysuckle Rose, JessieCurl Aloeba, Giovanni Protein Treatment.
Also: JessieCurl Cream Cleanser, Babassu & Marshmallow CV Bar.
That's too much stuff, good thing DH and I have separate bathrooms!

Xandergrammy
March 22nd, 2008, 04:03 PM
I'm a minimalist in the shower because DH freaks if I have too much stuff on the edges of the tub, but a product junkie in reality. So, at all times in my shower, the only thing there is my staple shampoo and condish in Gatorade bottles (they come out of a gallon jug), a razor, and my face scrub. If I decide to use a different shampoo or conditioner, I put it in the shower right before I hop in.

P.S. I forgot that I also keep my little squirt bottle that I dilute shampoo in on the edge of the tub too.

Carina
March 22nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
I'm a product junkie.I love to try new products.But since I have five kids everything get used up by others if I don't like them.Even DB likes my addiction for new stuff.

Sillage
March 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
I have a ton of stuff in the shower.

Shampoo: T-gel , L'oreal Vive Pro for colored hair, and Rusk Purify

Conditioner: Fructis Long+Strong, Vive Pro smoothing for fine hair, Vive Pro smoothing for thick hair, VO5 kiwi lime

Bodywash: Periler Honey Cream Bath, Perlier Lavender, Irish Srping, SoftSoap, Ombra chamomile

Face: Aveeno foaming for acne

My razor, bath puffs, and scrubby washcloths all live outside the shower

salamander
March 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
I don't switch products much, but I do have a habit of needing two of everything, in case I run out. Thus I have two bottles of V05 Kiwi Lime, one of which is going to run out any wash now, seriously, I mean it this time. Also my heavy conditioner, Burt's Bee's More Moisture, tastiest smelling condish on the planet. One bar of soap, shaving cream and razor, and wash cloth. Also a tube of aloe gel, for putting on after WO and for use in the occasional impromptu SMT. Several strands of hair, because I never get them all.

I've moved the honey out because I was using it in tea, but it'll go back in just as soon as I get around to it. I move the face wash in and out because the time of day that I shower tends to shift, and the time of day I wash my face does not, so the face wash follows me. Also, I've lost my shampoo mixture. I think I left it at my parent's house. I think I might try using my face wash for clarifying. It's Burt's Bees Soap Bark, so nothing that would hurt hair in it, it's just a question of whether it actually clarifies.

Of course, there's a whole other list of things that are right next to the shower :). Only hair related ones are coconut oil and Aveda's Be Curly leave in.

Kyamo
March 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Suave naturals conditioner for my CO, white vinegar and an empty shampoo bottle for vinegar rinse, body wash, scrubby gloves. Thats all that I use. There's also shampoo in there for my husband.

DotDotDot
March 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM
If I had my own bathroom, I would have a razor, a bottle of soap, a bottle of shampoo, a jug of conditioner, and a... loofah, I think it's called? But when my sister is home, she shares a bathroom with me, and my mom sometimes finds her way up there when my cat is having health issues and is shut up in her bathroom, so we have two bottles of shampoo, two bottles of conditioner, a bar of soap, a bottle of soap, two loofahs, and three razors.

Buddaphlyy
March 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'm a product junkie, but all my stuff is in the linen closet, not the tub. I only take things out on an as-needed basis. Right now all I have out is a bottle of White Rain Energizing Citrus conditioner, a shower comb, and a plastic cap.

lynnala
March 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
I used to have tons of stuff in there, every time I tried a new shampoo or conditioner, the old one would stay. Now that I'm doing the BS/ACV thing, I've cleared out all the shampoo and conditioner bottles. Now it's just soap, my boar bristle face brush, sisal scrubby and misc. razors and a bottle of Eucalyptus Dr. Bronners that I've been washing my face with just cause it's there!

trolleypup
March 22nd, 2008, 05:09 PM
TJ's conditioner that I use sparingly as a body wash, TJ's shampoo for when I need to bodywash more intensively, like when I get exposed to poison oak. Diluted white vinegar for the final stage of hair washing, I'm otherwise WO.

Cinnamon Hair
March 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Lots of stuff, but I prefer to see it rather than read a list. So if anyone is brave enough to post pics of their shower area, that would be awesome! I'll pony up first --here (http://feline147.home.mchsi.com/bathroom/). Those are from 2006 but my shower looks basically the same now, though the bottles & brands may have changed a bit. I'm constantly trying new stuff.

AlleyKitten
March 22nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Top to bottom in the little organizer thingy, there's my razor, my boyfriend's razor, a bar of soap, a bottle of diluted Dr Bronner's with tea tree essential oil, my VO5 conditioner, a squeeze bottle for diluted shampoo or COW mixture, my boyfriend's Garnier Fructis 2-in-1 stuff, an empty bottle for vinegar, my Giovanni conditioner. I keep my shampoo outside the the shower, as I mix it up in a bottle differently each time, as with the vinegar. I also keep my oils, brown sugar, facial clay, etc etc, outside in the bathroom.

sapphire-o
March 22nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
My shower is small so I don't keep much there. I usually have a couple soap/shampoo bars, a bottle of ACV rinse, a washcloth, a shower cap and a big plastic clip to put my hair up.

Nat242
March 22nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Big bottle of diluted shampoo
Bottle of my homemade shower cream soap
Bar soap
2 X bottle Pears cone-free conditioner
Big beer stein - I use this for BS, vinegar and lemon rinses, and it never finds it's way out of the shower.

Schnee
March 22nd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Hm... I don't have that much stuff really, and nothing is in the shower. My DH use all the space there for HIS stuff... Men..:p

BrianaFineHair
March 22nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Just the basics for me:

Burt's Bees Shampoo
Burt's Bees Conditioner that I use to shave with and use to conditioner my hair once a week.
Vinegar and Water Mix that is my primary daily conditioner
Grandpa's Witch Hazel soap
razor

Feisty Redhead
March 22nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm a minimalist, so there is not much in my shower.

Mane & Tail shampoo, which is only used once a week or so
V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie conditioner
loofah
Caress shower gel
Venus Breeze razor
a bar of my mother's cp soap I use to wash my face
Dove SkinVitalizer with a crocheted cover on it, so I can use it with the cp soap

Shermie Girl
March 22nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
I have the tiniest bathroom on the planet and not much room for stashing stuff in my shower, so I am a minimalist, by force. I have a big bottle of shampoo, two bottles of conditioner and claw clips and a shower comb in there, along with body wash and facial cleanser.

If I had a huge shower and tub, I'd have enough product to stock a respectable sized shop. :D

hrimfaxi
March 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Also a minimalist here. When I do experiment, I still keep the stuff in my shower down to a minimum; the stuff that isn't part of my daily routine lives under the sink or in the closet, so my shower has in it a plastic cup for ACV rinsing, a bath/shower scrubby pouf, a razor, a half bar of solid soap, a half bar of solid shampoo, and whatever conditioner I am currently using. Even the ACV that goes into the cup for the rinse lives in the kitchen where it belongs. :silly:

Patrycja
March 22nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
oh man...

Sauve Vanilla Floral shampoo
Burts Bees shea and grapefruit condish
Burts Bees shea deep treatment
Sauve Ocean Breeze
VO5 Pomegrante
Sauve Strawberry
VO5 Kiwi lime squeeze
Sauve Humectant
Bath and Body works Pumpkin Pie Tempations body wash(pure heaven btw)
Simply basic Vanilla sugar body wash
Sauve coconut and shea butters body wash
a noname brand green tea body wash that I love the scent of
a bar of soap that I do not use,its DH
various kids soaps and bubble bath stuff
oh and a bottle of Johnson's Vapor Bath for babies.I love the smell of it
St Ives Apricot Scrub
Aveeno positely radiant face wash

man sakes alive,I need to cut down on all of that.

prosperina
March 22nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Ilovemycop I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm embarrassed to type it all.

Here goes:

Suave conditioner includes: Tangerine, Coconut, the brown sugar one (all in family size)

Vo5: Champagne kiss, passion fruit, honey dew smoothie, the lavender one, strawberries and cream

Shampoo: Henna hi-lights, Avalon lemon and the avalon peppermint, kiss my face big body (it's yucky btw), giovanni golden wheat. Dove beautifully clean--discontinued I think

Other conditioner: Jason jojoba, Garnier deep treatment in little squat container

Honey bottle, bottle of ACV and water, a razor, a big bottle of JASON aloe liquid body wash, toothbrush and paste, face wash.

OH, and Alba body wash, and sea salt and lemony scrub :o

teela1978
March 22nd, 2008, 11:17 PM
I'm a recovering product junkie. Currently I've been good about trying to be somewhat minimalist.

I have 3 shampoo bottles, one is empty for diluting the other two, one is clarifying and I don't use it too often.

I have 2 bottles of conditioner, one is almost empty (loreal vive something, pink bottle) and the other one is for when the pink bottle runs out (it's sunsilk in a blue bottle that was on clearance for $1).

There's a tub of noxema, and a tube of apricot scrub for my face.

Theres 2 bars of soap, the one I bought a while ago and the fancy one I got for xmas.

Then there's a jug of vinegar on the floor with a bowl to dilute it in.

That's it. It's actually more than I realized.

Chromis
March 22nd, 2008, 11:23 PM
I have one CV shampoo bar, one soap bar, TJ's lavender salt scrub, a razor, PLH African black soap gel (best thing ever for shaving!), a shower cap, a wash cloth, facial cleanser that I forget how to spell the name of, and a two cup measure in my shower.

tiny_teesha
March 22nd, 2008, 11:24 PM
I am still trying out everything, and as i have about one of every herb, i have a lot of junk!!! I try to keep most of it in my room because my family yells at me.

jstar
March 23rd, 2008, 12:09 AM
I have nothing in my shower. I live with three other university students in a townhouse; living in a dorm got me into the habit of carrying my stuff with me to the shower. When I do bring my things, they consist of.

-a wooden comb
-a bar of solid shampoo
-a facecloth

I like solic shampoo because I use it as a soap as well. Not having bottles makes me smile! But of course, I have other things stashed in my room:P

Lisa-Maria
March 23rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
I have as much as I can fit in om my bath tub edges, I really just use my Redken shampoo and cond. and the empty bottle I use too dilute the shampoo. Guess I'm just too lazy too through anything, and there's also DBF's stuff. We really need too clean that out...

yogachic
March 23rd, 2008, 07:19 AM
Lots of stuff, but I prefer to see it rather than read a list. So if anyone is brave enough to post pics of their shower area, that would be awesome! I'll pony up first --here (http://feline147.home.mchsi.com/bathroom/). Those are from 2006 but my shower looks basically the same now, though the bottles & brands may have changed a bit. I'm constantly trying new stuff.

You have an amazing collection of things for hair. What a great ficcare collection too & your so wonderfully organized! Thanks for sharing

luna*
March 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
In my shower I have
Tigi oatmeal & honey shampoo
Lavera lemon milk shampoo
Alpecin caffeine shampoo
Sante brilliant care conditioner
honey
Kiss My Face olive oil soap
The Body Shop Strawberry Body Polish
Weleda sea buckthorn shower milk
razor + shaving gel
jojoba oil

Isilya
March 23rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
In shower:
- Shaving gel
- Razor + extra blades
- Shower gel (white clay)
- Shower gel (golden oil)
- Shower gel (almond)
- Ultra Doux shampoo Camomile & honey (blonde hair)
- UD cond. Camomile & honey (blonde hair)
- UD cond. Vegetable milk (normal hair)
- Nivea sh. Brilliant Blonde
- Nivea cond. Brilliant Blonde
- Nivea cond. Silky Shine
- Nivea cond. Diamond Gloss

On edge tub:
- Shower comb
- Shower cap (clear plastic)
- Shower cap (blue, thicker plastic)
- Large claw clip to secure hair under cap

On top shower:
- Dad's shower gel & shampoo (2 in 1)

99.99% in the shower area is mine :o. You should see the rest of the bathroom :shrug:.

Tapioca
March 24th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Well, my shower is used by three people, but I'll only mention my stuff. Garnier Fructis dandruff control and a little dropper bottle of tea tree oil to cleanse my hair (two drops of TTO mixed into a quarter-sized dollop of shampoo. Garnier Fructis moisture works conditioner. The huge plastic clip I use to put my hair up in the shower. St. Ives oatmeal and shea body wash. Poofy mesh sponge thing. Razor. Electric toothbrush and toothpaste. Washcloth. Bottle of honey. Small plastic cup. (My morning face wash is five aspirin dissolved in a few drops of water, add a glop of honey, and spread on. Let it sit while doing everything else, then rinse.)

chloeishere
March 24th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I'll only mention my stuff.
I don't actually keep much *in* the bathroom, because the rest of the family complains. Also, I don't like leaving my CP soap in there, for fear it will melt.
In the bathroom:
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
VO5 pomegranate grapeseed conditioner
Jojoba oil (I apply a few drops to my wet face before I exfoliate and wash)
Hippie exfoliator (all natural, made with loofah) and some Neutrogena "in shower facial" I'm trying out
Razor

Kept in my room:
Makes a trip every shower:
Small wicker container with CP soap chunks-- currently, Serpentine Hair's Forbidden Fruit half bar, CV chamomile citrus bar, Manor Hall honey me smooth bar (for body, not hair), and Yuzu soap sample that's almost finished, from Kreamy Soap.
Empty bottle that I put citric acid in, then fill with water while in the shower
Aquis turbie
Assorted stuff that sometimes gets used, that's also kept in my room:
Trader Joes Citrus Refresh conditioner
VO5 calming chamomile conditioner
Suave Juicy Green Apple conditioner
CV extra honey beer and egg shampoo bar
Few other bars of CP soap that I'm trying to use up, for body use.

There's also a few more bottles of conditioner in the linen closet; I'll use it all up eventually! I hope. And a couple unused chunks of various shampoo bars that are stowed in various drawers for scenting purposes.
There's also a bunch of other non-hair-related bath products and lotions that I don't use anymore because I don't like commercial products; I don't know what to do with them.

Curlsgirl
March 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM
A CV body bar
V05 strawberries and cream
VO5 passionfruit smoothie which I never use
Paul Mitchell color protect shampoo
Squirt bottle for diluting shampoo
Big plastic cup for rinsing
Giovanni 50/50
Shower comb
Puffy thing
Razor
AOHR shampoo which I didn't like and am using as shaving stuff
Back scrubber with brush and loofa

kissedbyfyre
March 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
This is going to make me seem totally anti-girl but here's mine:

An all natural, organic bar of soap, brand varies.
Loofa
A light oil for shaving. If I'm out, olive oil.
A small bottle of ACV for rinses.
My repaired mixture of baking soda and water.
Honey
Razor and extra razor heads
Organic conditioner, this is the boys.
On the rare occasion, whatever interesting organic scrub I've bought or made recently.
EO sit in the bathroom if I'm craving a smelly soak.
Baggies of dried herbs such as lavender for the same reason.
Castor oil
Tea Tree oil
God...... I sound like a hippy.

harley mama
March 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM
I have a bar of Dove soap, a bottle of VO5 Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint conditioner, a bottle of VO5 shampoo that has been used 1 time, a few bottles of body wash that I never use but DGD loves, a bottle of vinegar, my razor and a pumice stone. I had some other stuff but cleaned it out last week for company.

harley mama
March 24th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I forgot to mention the huge hair balls from shedding.
Does that count? The only thing I use them for is stopping the drain!

snowbear
March 24th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Aussie Shampoo
Suave Conditioner
V05 Shampoo
V05 Conditioner
Blonde Glaze (used monthly)

That's for two longhairs, by the way. Not bad.

kissedbyfyre
March 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I forgot to mention the huge hair balls from shedding.
Does that count? The only thing I use them for is stopping the drain!

Hehe, I forgot to add this as well!! I really don't shed much, but the SO is another matter. He clogs up the drain with just one shower alone, I'm surprised he isn't bald yet....

Alley Cat
March 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Our shower is above the bath so it's a 2 in one. All there is around the bath is kids bath toys no products whatsoever. I bring them in when I shower and bath. :)
You should see the bathroom cupboards though, they are full of products:D

Dacia
March 24th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Shampoo: Petrole Hahn Anti-Dandruff for normal hair, Gliss Oil Nutritive, Nivea Straight & Easy.

Conditioner: Nivea Straight & Easy

Hair mask: something with milk proteins (I rarely use)

Leave-in: Elseve Lisse-Intense Serum, Nivea Straight & Easy Serum, Pantene Full Spectrum Shine Spray

Shower gel: Bourjois (Extrait de douceur, Deshabillez-moi, P'tit dej), Dove (Indulging Cream, Go Fresh-Cool), Palmolive Aroma Therapy Anti-Stress, Avon Spring Sensation

Scrub: loofah, a mixture of cornmeal and baking soda, Freeman Salt & Guava

2 shower puffs, a wooden body brush, Dove Fresh soap, mud soap

Ash
March 24th, 2008, 10:47 PM
On my shelf: Giovanni shampoo and conditioner, Avalon shampoo, Kiss My Face Conditioner, Nature's Gate conditioner, 2 organic face scrubs, one liquid face soap, one bar of natural soap, a back scrub brush, a mesh scrub, a hair tie, and a razor.
On my fiance's shelf: Avalon shampoo and conditioner, whichever other shampoo and conditioner I didn't like, a body wash, and a washcloth.
I think my wall is caving in :D

KiwiLiz
March 25th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I have in my shower The Blonde shampoo bar from Lush, Mud Flat soap from Lush, and Jungle solid conditioner also from Lush. I really like Lush :P I also have a razor and exfoliating gloves.

Lamb
March 25th, 2008, 02:05 AM
My shampoo (in diluted and full strength version), a coney deep conditioner, a cone-free conditoner, a bar of soap, a facial cleanser. I also have a shower gel I am trying to use up soon, I shouldn't have bought it.

alys
March 25th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Ha - I love this thread, it's cool!!

*Dr Bronners Eucalyptus Organic castile soap
*Ogranic bar soap from Healthfood store
*A/O Honeysuckle Rose Poo & Condish
*Organic Honey
Glass bottle for diluting shampoo. Sisalt (sp?) cloths for scrubbing us.
Oh, and hair too.