PDA

View Full Version : Hair jazz

Pamberpestana
January 25th, 2019, 10:25 PM
I did a search on here and didn't see anything. I was wondering if anyone's heard of or used a product called Hair Jazz? It is apparently filled with a bunch of stimulants that promote hair growth.

Now I know genetics is the ultimate factor when it comes to hair growth, but I wonder if it can help reach you hair growth speed potential?

The website it called https://hairjazz.com/us/newyear

I don't think I'll buy some as it's a bit pricey, unless it does have some sort of super growing magic Haha! 🤣

unicourtney
January 25th, 2019, 11:12 PM
I read their "clinical trial" when I was bored at work one day (pharmacist here) and it is so incredibly misleading. The study was not blinded at all (should be double-blind to prevent bias in the subjects and analysts), participants were not measured individually against themselves, rather split into groups and tested against each other. Imagine being enrolled in a study and being told to continue using your normal shampoo / conditioner, ie you are the control group. Individual B, whose hair grows twice as fast as yours normally, is placed in the experimental group and given free product and their hair continues to grow faster than yours, just as it always has. Then the authors of the study see that on average, there is no significant difference between the two groups, so they pick out individual B's results and advertise that if you buy their product, you might have a similar growth rate. The difference in growth rate between the two groups as a whole was 0.5 mm over 28 days, but the sample size was so small that it can't be considered a statistically significant difference. Meaning any difference in growth rate between the two groups can be attributed to random chance. Also, reviews on YouTube stated the product is drying ;)

Stray_mind
January 25th, 2019, 11:25 PM
I read their "clinical trial" when I was bored at work one day (pharmacist here) and it is so incredibly misleading. The study was not blinded at all (should be double-blind to prevent bias in the subjects and analysts), participants were not measured individually against themselves, rather split into groups and tested against each other. Imagine being enrolled in a study and being told to continue using your normal shampoo / conditioner, ie you are the control group. Individual B, whose hair grows twice as fast as yours normally, is placed in the experimental group and given free product and their hair continues to grow faster than yours, just as it always has. Then the authors of the study see that on average, there is no significant difference between the two groups, so they pick out individual B's results and advertise that if you buy their product, you might have a similar growth rate. The difference in growth rate between the two groups as a whole was 0.5 mm over 28 days, but the sample size was so small that it can't be considered a statistically significant difference. Meaning any difference in growth rate between the two groups can be attributed to random chance. Also, reviews on YouTube stated the product is drying ;)

I used to see their advertisements on facebook and i was always scoffing lol

Facebook reviews also said that the products dry out the hair horribly.

There is still No magic product that can make your hair grow an inch if it is genetically programmed to grow .5 inch a month..

Also isn't it funny how you must use the product 30 days to "see the result", which is exactly one month, which is enough time for the hair to grow either way?

TatsuOni
January 26th, 2019, 04:31 AM
The people I've read about who tried it, said that it damaged their hair faster than it grew.

lapushka
January 26th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Waaait, wait wait wait! Didn't ladollyvita do a review on this yeeears ago? I think her findings were that it was drying too. I'll go look for that video now. This is ooold! Nope can't find it. And yet, I seem to remember her trying out a growth shampoo that was drying... Hmm. :hmm: