PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Discontinued Products

Michiru
January 23rd, 2019, 08:56 PM
Do you have any? For me it's Suave milk and honey conditioner. I'm always going on their website hoping to see if it's coming back but I haven't seen it since 2006. If I knew it was going away I would have stocked up. It was only .99 and smelled wonderful.

lithostoic
January 23rd, 2019, 09:01 PM
I had strong-hold hairspray that came in a squirt bottle rather than an areosol. I used to use it every day back when I had sideswept bangs! I think it was by Nexxus? But it hasn't existed in many years. I was sad when I ran out bc it had already been discontinued for some time.

Krissycats
January 23rd, 2019, 09:24 PM
Revlon's Flex shampoo and conditioner. I love that scent.

Jo Ann
January 24th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Wella Balsam shampoo and conditioner...

Also, the original Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner...

leayellena
January 24th, 2019, 12:39 AM
timotei shampoo was the best. no pantene or nivea or anything else can compare to timotei.

akurah
January 24th, 2019, 01:01 AM
Head and shoulders fragrance free shampoo, conditioner, and their 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner. I think I have one bottle left not counting the open one.

Pacific
January 24th, 2019, 02:00 AM
I really loved those and still have a tiny bit of the conditioner.

lapushka
January 24th, 2019, 05:33 AM
The Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner (discontinued in Belgium). And the Pantene Aqua Light shampoo (although some stores do still have it).

Obsidian
January 24th, 2019, 06:28 AM
the original citre shine shampoo and conditioner. I remember it was the first time I noticed a product actually making my hair feel nicer and it smelled lovely.

Hailwidis
January 24th, 2019, 06:37 AM
The Yes to Blueberries Conditioner (at least, it's been discontinued in Europe). I have a stash of 4 bottles or something, but after that... I'll miss it.

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2019, 11:09 AM
timotei shampoo was the best. no pantene or nivea or anything else can compare to timotei.

Oooh yes I really liked the Timotei Pure shampoo. That was the closest I ever got to successfully stretching washes without looking a greaseball, and as far as I recall it kept my scalp pretty happy too.

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2019, 11:09 AM
WTHeck internet?! Double post, sorry.

lakhesis
January 24th, 2019, 02:13 PM
Balea Oil repair conditioner and mask, the one that used to be in black packaging. The new version is with silicones :/

Xena1975
January 24th, 2019, 05:08 PM
I can't remember what it was called and I don't know if it was really discontinued but I used to get this really nice conditioner from the dollar store that was for if you had hard water. It made my hair really soft and gave it a lot of slip.

Copasetic
January 24th, 2019, 08:09 PM
the original citre shine shampoo and conditioner. I remember it was the first time I noticed a product actually making my hair feel nicer and it smelled lovely.

I came to say the same thing. I used just about the whole line for a while. My local drugstore would have sales where basically every citre since product would be $2 and I would stock up like crazy.

Dark40
January 24th, 2019, 08:12 PM
The Pantene Pro-v Shampoo and Conditioner made for Permed and Color-Treated hair, and also the Pantene Pro-v Shampoo and Conditioner made for damaged hair from the 1992. I always check on their website to see if they've brought it but they haven't. I really miss those products. Especially, the way they smell.

kblodgett
January 24th, 2019, 08:23 PM
I miss the original nature's gate chamomile. Nothing was better for my hair. They changed the formula and now it is gross on my scalp, very prone to buildup.

ExpectoPatronum
January 24th, 2019, 08:57 PM
I used to use and love a spray gel from Suave called "Captivating Curls." This was over ten years ago. I haven't seen it in a long time.

Crystawni
January 24th, 2019, 09:37 PM
*cranks up the wayback machine*

Moreso brands than the products, as I can't remember the exact ones I used, but:

Silkience... Faberge Organics... Faberge Babe... Finesse... Salon Selectives... Agree... Norsca...

There was an awesome one with seaweed/kelp as well, but I can't remember the name of it. Bah. I must have a scout around for something like it some day.

Ophidian
January 24th, 2019, 09:38 PM
I used to love Jason's Sea Kelp shampoo and conditioner. That and the Aloe Vera 84% line (also Jason) was all I ever used. This was back around 2005 though, and while both products are still on the market, I understand they've been reformulated pretty substantially and haven't tried the "new and improved" versions. I'm curious, because they both have cones in them now, but I can't guarantee they didn't back then and I just didn't notice. Wishing I could find old ingredients lists.

Katsura
January 25th, 2019, 07:32 AM

I remember it from my youth. :)

lapushka
January 25th, 2019, 08:54 AM
I miss the original nature's gate chamomile. Nothing was better for my hair. They changed the formula and now it is gross on my scalp, very prone to buildup.

Was that line without sulfates? I know here in Belgium Garnier Ultra Doux (Whole Blends in the US, and various other names other places), they do a chamomile shampoo. Maybe try that one if you can get it easily? It has sulfates! SLES & CB.

Shorty89
January 25th, 2019, 08:38 PM
I still miss my Down Under Natural's Raspberry Splash. But, I recently found a couple bottles after it being discontinued for a couple years. I think they're just clearing out their old stock but it's still exciting!

littlestarface
January 25th, 2019, 08:59 PM
Garnier triple nutrition was the best conditioner I ever had and it smelled so good, curse them to burning hell fire for changing it I hope they rot.

Tresemme naturals the first formulation was the best hands down at CO, its a shame they stopped and remade it differently they can burn too.

Suave milk and honey was so good and smelt amazing its a shame they stopped making that.

I dunno if its discontinued but I cant find henna n placenta packets anymore :( those were my favorite from hask.

Crystawni
January 25th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Gawd, I forgot about TRESemmé Naturals! *cries in the corner* The replacement Botanique (Restore and Shine in Australia) is now my HG, but it's still a shadow of the previous line.

Viola_sororia
January 26th, 2019, 10:27 AM
VO5 Shea Cashmere Protein Conditioner. My hair loved it and it was >$1. I wish they'd bring it back.

Chromis
January 26th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Okay Grumpycats about products - I moved this one, but then realized it has both "natural" and "conventional" things so I moved it back. So to anyone wondering why it is on the Mane Forum, now you know!

The-Young-Maid
January 26th, 2019, 01:23 PM
The old Pantene Beautiful Lengths mask in a tub(2012 ish). I loved that thing.

Garnier Fructis products pre active fruit protein reformulation. I really liked the original Sleek n Shine shampoo and conditioner for my hair in middle and early high school. I noticed they reformulated a while ago and last year I caved and bought a set. I wanted to try it cause the shampoo was silicone free but holy crap my hair was nearly matted in one wash.

Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine leave in cream. It's still around but has protein now so my hair ends up super knotty in a couple uses. Too bad cause it gave lots of slip.

I feel like I'm forgetting something.

MoonRabbit
January 26th, 2019, 01:34 PM
YES to Tresemme Naturals. I miss it so much

Quixii
January 26th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Another here who misses the Tresseme Naturals!

lapushka
January 26th, 2019, 03:37 PM
That Tresseme Naturals was *so* popular. It was all over YT within the natural community. I think they shot themselves in the foot discontinuing that one.

Schefflera
January 26th, 2019, 03:43 PM
VO5 Vanilla Honeysuckle Chamomile. It came in shampoo and conditioner, worked well, and was the best-smelling hair product I can remember.

MusicalSpoons
January 26th, 2019, 05:50 PM
Okay Grumpycats about products - I moved this one, but then realized it has both "natural" and "conventional" things so I moved it back. So to anyone wondering why it is on the Mane Forum, now you know!

:laugh: sorry! My comment about product threads was simply borne out of another comment about the Mane forum being cluttered - but this is a good opportunity to say thank you to you and the other mods for your continued hard work here :flowers: /end diversion

I suddenly remembered I used to really like Ojon shampoo and conditioner. It was my only real foray into more expensive haircare, and I was skeptical but a little really did go a long way, and it made a difference - even our hairdresser commented and asked what I was doing differently. I think the company then became Origins, who did some haircare (totally different from Ojon) and now don't at all any more.

JennGalt
January 26th, 2019, 07:32 PM
***Dumb question alert***
Isn’t Tresemme Naturals now called Tresemme Botanique? Or am I just plain wrong?

And for my own discontinued products: There were a few thing in Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea Butter line that I absolutely loved. A body wash that I used as a shampoo in an emergency proved to be better for my hair than any shampoo I’d ever used, and the conditioner from that line was stellar. But then they changed the formulas. :pins:

littlestarface
January 26th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Isn’t Tresemme Naturals now called Tresemme Botanique? Or am I just plain wrong?

And for my own discontinued products: There were a few thing in Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea Butter line that I absolutely loved. A body wash that I used as a shampoo in an emergency proved to be better for my hair than any shampoo I’d ever used, and the conditioner from that line was stellar. But then they changed the formulas. :pins:

Its different, not the same as the naturals.

JennGalt
January 26th, 2019, 07:55 PM
That’s too bad :( Especially since it seemed like a popular line.

& thanks :)

browntatis
January 27th, 2019, 01:37 AM
I miss the Original Pantene Pro-V from back in the 90s.
I wish the Pantenes now had the same scent! Bring me back memories from when I was a little kid. I wish I could find it.

lapushka
January 27th, 2019, 04:24 AM

I think the Botanique replaced it but isn't the same. I think, not quite sure so don't quote me on that.

copperlites
January 27th, 2019, 05:53 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/L5LYYQPq/5-F8834-F0-3511-4-EB2-B54-B-75-A3-B799-F890.jpg (https://postimg.cc/FkFswZDm)
Pure Miracle Milk is my ‘must have’ . When my hairdresser said it was discontinued I went straight to the shampoo shop and bought every bottle they had. There were 6 and at $AU36 a bottle it wasn’t cheap. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 should last me a couple of years.

CindyOfTheOaks
January 27th, 2019, 07:34 AM
Wella Balsam shampoo and conditioner...

Also, the original Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner...

These :cry:

lapushka
January 27th, 2019, 07:41 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/L5LYYQPq/5-F8834-F0-3511-4-EB2-B54-B-75-A3-B799-F890.jpg (https://postimg.cc/FkFswZDm)
Pure Miracle Milk is my ‘must have’ . When my hairdresser said it was discontinued I went straight to the shampoo shop and bought every bottle they had. There were 6 and at $AU36 a bottle it wasn’t cheap. ������������ should last me a couple of years.

36 AU dollars a bottle (and they're tiny bottles at 150ml) <keels over> I'm dead. Gosh it must be good. :lol:

gustavonut
January 27th, 2019, 08:18 AM
Herbal essences shine collection. I absolutely love the smell and shine I got from that shampoo and conditioner combo, but they no longer sell them here in Germany or on German amazon. They still have it at Dollar General in Missouri, USA though!

Chromis
January 27th, 2019, 12:05 PM
:laugh: sorry! My comment about product threads was simply borne out of another comment about the Mane forum being cluttered - but this is a good opportunity to say thank you to you and the other mods for your continued hard work here :flowers: /end diversion

I suddenly remembered I used to really like Ojon shampoo and conditioner. It was my only real foray into more expensive haircare, and I was skeptical but a little really did go a long way, and it made a difference - even our hairdresser commented and asked what I was doing differently. I think the company then became Origins, who did some haircare (totally different from Ojon) and now don't at all any more.

Hey no worries! I just figured I would pop in and explain my reasoning so it didn't look like we were ignoring things :lol:

curly girl fla
January 27th, 2019, 12:49 PM
For fragrance-Revlon's Outrageous (not worth the price you see for the rare bottles on ebay or amazon), Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, and as others mentioned, Citre Shine. I liked Flex, too. So nostalgic...