PDA

View Full Version : It's been a few months and I'm back.....

whiteisle
November 5th, 2008, 06:25 AM
....with news and a confession. I'm 10 weeks pregnant! Yay!! Now the confession. I've had HORRIBLE morning, noon and night sickness for the last 6 weeks or so and absolutely everything made it worse. Smells, tastes, sights and feelings. So when I would wash my hair I just had to blow it dry 'cause I couldn't stand the feeling of it wet against me. And unfortunately I'm not a once a week washer but rather everyday to every other day depending. So I'm concerned now that I've damaged my hair. I'm back to air drying now (the sickness is slowly going away) and I'm hoping I haven't done something terrible. Of course, my hair isn't nearly as fluffy and smooth air dried as when I used the dryer but that's pretty normal for me. I'll try to get a new pic up soon to show the growth - it's actually touching the top of my shoulders now!!:cheese: I'm secretly hoping the pregnancy and prenatals will super-charge the growth, hee hee. I'm already trying to calculate how long it should be next May when the baby is due. :eyebrows:

Garnet66
November 5th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm sure you didn't do much damage to your hair. I'm sure it'll be fine. Welcome back!

longhairedfairy
November 5th, 2008, 06:40 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!

In the winter time I use a hair dryer pretty often and it doesn't do noticeable damage for me:)

lora410
November 5th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Congrats on your pregnancy, and I must say I am jealous. I am at that stage where i want another one since my dd is already 5 *sigh* I think preg does supercharge hair growth but I can't remember and it may vary person to person

Gothic Lolita
November 5th, 2008, 07:21 AM
congrtas on your pregnancy! I hope everything works out fine and that your morning sickness will be away soon.

I sure you didn't do damage to your hair. If you always take good care of it, it shouldn't instantly grt damaged, just because of one "crime"

Newniepg
November 5th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Many congratulations! The morning sickness may pass in the near future so hang on in there! :D

I am 22 weeks along and like you I seem not to be able to stand having wet hair, so the hair dryer has been released from banishment for me also.

Interestingly enough, I have discovered that I have been able to stretch my hair washes to once a week since my hormones levelled out- maybe I can thank the baby?

I hope you enjoy the pregnancy and that you don't worry too much about the hair damage, first trimesters can be tough and sometimes we need to do whatever is necessary to get through. :)

suicides_eve
November 5th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Congrats!

the super growth was fun but the shedding after creeped me out

Sammybunny711
November 5th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

jojo
November 5th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Congratulations on the baba! my hair went from your length to APL and curlier when I was pregnant last time, i also had no fall when she was born!

I doubt very much too that your hair has been damaged, do what makes you feel good!

spidermom
November 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Congratulations!

I blow-dry mine from time to time and have gotten this long, so I think your hair will be o.k. Hopefully you didn't use the hottest setting and pull/stretch with a brush. If you did, you'll probably have some breakage, but nothing your hair won't recover from.

whiteisle
November 5th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Thank you everyone for the congrats! :flower: This is our third and probably last so I'm trying to soak it all up this time :).

And I'm feeling better about my hair, too. From what I can see there doesn't appear to be any damage. It looks kinda raggedy from no trims for the last 3 months or so but other than that it's not bad. But I'm NOT looking forward to the hair loss afterward - I hate that part! Oh well, beautiful brand new baby should make me forget about it, right? :D

Thanks again!! This place is so awesome!

Vitalai
November 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Congratulations on your pregnancy! :flower: It's good to hear there's no damage either.